Search found 211 matches

Return

Re: I'd love to start ShenmueII but I have a problem/questio

Just burn a PAL and an NSTC copy of S2 disc one n check like that. Personally though I'd skip the DC version and get the Xbox version. No continued save file, but English dub > Japanese w/subtitles.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When ya first got shenmue I ......

Ok I said it many times but in 1998 first heard about this game in a magazine and followed the hype as well as the Dreamcast. Sadly was not able to get either until 2002 when I had a Gamecube already. However I popped in Shenmue and my mind was blown. For all knew this was the worst game ever made as all I played to that point was Mario games aside from the odd PC/console game at friends houses and Kiosk demo's. I just walked around everywhere talked to everyone. Tried going in houses tried shopping tried every door I saw. I even thought the theater might open at some point and see a video. I expected a short Shenmue Promo or something. This to me then had no limits and the most realistic mind blowing thing EVER my eyes had seen.

The detail the visuals. It felt so real! I remember wanting to get across the street from the bus stop wanting to find a game store. Yes it was so realistic to me then I thought I could shop across the street. Something I know now you can't do without a mod. Picking things up the music. The atmosphere was amazing! To this day my most played DC game and mostly to explore. While it may no longer be my fave series and gotten into many series and played many games and consoles since. Shenmue still to me is the most mind blowing immersive atmospheric game even with the aging visuals(which still look nice to me)
by Bluecast
Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2013 hype train starts now!

Next console rumors are so boring.

I was just thinking the same thing while looking at this topic.
I mean, seriously, I don't give a shit at all about the tech of the next consoles, when they're coming out, what's been patented, what they'll be called, etc.
Show me some games and I may be interested. But a fucking plastic box with circuit boards inside doesn't excite me in the least.
by OL
Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

I should pop in Witcher 2 soon
by Bluecast
Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which Version of Shenmue 2 is better?

OK thank you guys so much for informing me which one is better :mrgreen: I will probally just get the Xbox version.
by hiro94
Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Isn't it strange to go from Shenmue I with default English dub to Japanese dub in Shenmue II? I always preferred the English dub. Corey Marshall IS Ryo Hazuki.
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need YOU to make a gaming purchase decision for me...

I'm in no way biased toward an RPG. No sir.
by Bluecast
Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even if both games were to drop in price at the same rate, bear in mind that every dollar spent on Ni No Kuni encourages publishers to take similar risks on localizing JRPGs for the West, whereas Hitman games are going to be churned out till the end of time regardless.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yuan being female in the Xbox version is a plus in my eyes.
by Bluecast
Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't know they did a seperate female Japanese voice for the PAL version. Fascinating. I stand by the rest of my post, though!
by Martin
Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Hitman. Because it has Blood Money.

good point indeed! but i already paid for Ni No Kuni on best buys website and its waiting for me to pick up at the store.

I just did the same thing you're about to do. Talliho Dos Amigos!
by Axm
Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi i am new here and i don't know if this post specificly belongs here but i have never played Shenmue or Shenmue 2 and i plan on buying both of them soon.I was wondering regarding Shenmue 2 which version is better?I heard that the uk dreamcast version would be best if buying the dreamcast version.But yet the xbox version is alittle cheaper too buy. i was wondering if someone could give me some details on which the better version is?
I will just settle this now. You never played either game in the series but plan to. Ok get the Xbox version based on price. If you really love it then get the DC version later and make a sweet game maybe even sweeter. Just for now get the experience of playing for the first time in the easiest version to get. It's still the same game despite personal nitpicking of other people who will always be divided which one they like best. Be a shame if you spent the extra money and ended up not liking it.
by Bluecast
Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Indeed, I also love the 'glow' that night-time scenes have on SIIx. Gives them a nice dream-like quality.
by Martin
Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: I like the glowy effect though, especially at night. It just gives Hong Kong such an atmosphere.

Bloom makes the game.
by KiBa
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I want both, but I think you made the right choice in this regard.
by Spokane
Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Voodoo.
It was voodoo magic.
by OL
Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni No Kuni

AG stop being alittle bitch and go buy the game. Papa needs his medicine.
The book must be awesome but it aint that bad without it. You get a nice little in game book to make you cry how you dont have the real one. See thats better now right? *strokes
by Axm
Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni No Kuni

Having played it. I would not want this game limited to a 5 inch screen. Would lose a lot
That's what's so annoying about how great the DS libary is. You can play DQ9, Ace Attorney, Hotel Dusk, ETC, but you have to do it hunched over a tiny fingerprinted game system. Yeah I don't really like handhelds.

I really wish nintendo would come out with the Wii U equivalent to the gameboy player for gamecube that plays (3)DS games and Sony would simultaneously release Vita and PSP games on the PSN. I would be in heaven.
by Rakim
Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hitman Series

Both versions are the original 360 version but the PS3 version doesn't have the 50Hz issue.
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guess the game 2 (LEAVE A GOOD HINT PER PIC)

All these FPS look the same to me as RPG's do to vyse
by Bluecast
Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got Banned From Riding The Bus Today

Sonikku wrote: You're doing it all wrong, riku. (I'm female now, I would know) We like men that are bold and daring. The next time a cute girl sits nets to you, whip out your penis. Don't even say anything, just whip it out. We love that kind of stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwJE5DEk7U[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Outdated daily things we take for granted

Maybe. Or Maybe we just say it too often. Maybe both.Maybe she's born with it maybe it's Maybelline
by Bluecast
Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I refuse to believe this is real
by beedle
Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sailors? wrote: There was a time when you were cool, I think. Not sure what happened.

He has turned into Part Nick Tyndall
by Bluecast
Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Riku is definitely pulling our leg with this one. It's just so ridiculous.
by mue 26
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thatl teach you for sitting in the elderly section.
by Peter
Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope to the SEGA God's that didn't actually happen. That move was about as smooth sandpaper
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Merchandise & Collections

Sorry I know this comes across as showing off. No more I promise. I just finished up the whole room
SO kinda proud :oops:
by Bluecast
Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Classical Liberal vs. Libertarian

so no one here knows what classical liberalism is? loul okay.

the two are virtually identical. libertarianism is more or less just the modern form.
by beedle
Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Beeds'll learn ya, Beeds'll learn ya real good.
by mue 26
Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OL wrote: I'm no political guy either, but in modern politics Liberals tend to favor more federal involvement in state issues, while Conservatives favor less.

On paper perhaps. In reality... :P
by Sonikku
Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Woman Sits On Toilet For Two & A Half Years

Perfect_Chaos wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: Thank you for coming into my thread and improving it with your amazing jokes.

im pretty happy Ryudo did too. it was awesome!!!! RYUDO FOR PRESIDENT!!! and Mittens VP :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw[/youtube]
by Bluecast
Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD/3 Kickstarter

Instead of looking for reasons why it can't be done, find reasons why it can be. Sega explicitly said that they are willing to.roll the game out but not willing to publish it. Simply open a kickstarter for a publishing company who's main goal is to obtain publishing rights of "classic Sega f.r.e.e. games and future titles" once the kickstarter is rolling it shouldn't be too hard to get Yu on board. I'm still holding off for a book or anything. Even if we got a book, comic, cartoon, anything... I need closure to feel complete.
Yes the company that deletes people video's on YouTube because they mentioned Shining Force a 20 something year old game will let the fans take part in one of it's IP's.
by Bluecast
Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost the car key

Can you just call a locksmith and have your step-dad on the phone to verify it?
by Bluecast
Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eh I have had to do the verify thing plenty of times for different circumstances. I doubt a thief would call a locksmith. They would just break in.
by Bluecast
Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I blame video games.

GTA taught us keys don't exist.
by Bluecast
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Segabits: My Life with SEGA - Shenmue Review

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl60wMwVFEk[/youtube]
by Ziming
Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Segabits: My Life with SEGA - Shenmue Review

Hello all! A.J. Rosa here. This is my first post, though I've been lurking for a bit. I don't like to spread myself too thin. Between answering YouTube comments, the SEGAbits forum and so on, it's hard keeping up with everything. Anyway, I'd just like thank the Dojo for all the support. Shenmue was, without a doubt, the hardest review I've made. Having the Dojo in my corner made the experience much easier to tackle.

Thank you for the kind words, folks. I really appreciate it. Eventually, once I snag a PAL copy, I'll review Shenmue II. I'm sure it would be easier and cheaper to snag an Xbox along with Shenmue II, but I want to review the Dreamcast version. I'm not a big fan of reviewing SEGA games for non-SEGA consoles. I'm kind of weird like that.

As for my voice, I had no choice but to record the narration when I was suffering through a cold. I'm sure the smoking doesn't help either, though I blame the cold. The gruff voice was difficult because I kept blowing takes. Coughing and nose-blowing made everything harder. On top of that, I can't tell you how many times I had to keep myself from saying, "This is Snake. Do you read me, Ryo? I'd like to talk about Shenmue." LOL! In any case, unless I screw myself again, my voice will sound as it has for the last 45 episodes; clear and effeminate. ;-)
by mylifewithsega
Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

Tidus looks less like Meg Ryan now. Good the awkward boners are gone.

Top is remake bottom original
http://i.imgur.com/NHF2F5e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3Xw3YN4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IiEboWg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KO9FUTT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/utm4Rgb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a50yr60.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x7jUwV0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BR7p6k9.jpg
by Bluecast
Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My shenmue game skipping scenes?

:shock: Never had this happen. To think all this time I thought Shenmue was pretty good on not having bugs
by Bluecast
Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Final Fantasy

The music sucked,story sucked,game play was a meh and the whole thing felt cheap and the ending or true ending cheapens the ending of X. Then again Luna being a delusional lunatic didn't help much. It was a Final Fantasy:Charlies Angels. To me X-2 was the start of the Sqeenix problems
by Bluecast
Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic