Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki should be ashamed of himself!

Personally I don't think Yu Suzuki should be ashamed of himself because he really wants to make Shenmue III (and that fact will never change) if anything SEGA are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves for being a bunch of dicks towards the fans and disregarding the feelings of those who actually care about this series.
by Superrayman3
Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo and Sega discussing the future of Shenmue ?

Here's a full yet probably rough translation of the article for those that are interested:

It has been reported by our insider that Nintendo whom after the successful announcement of Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U has listened to gamers and is now in negotiations with SEGA about the future of the Shernmue Series, in such a situation Shenmue III might come to the Wii U with Nintendo being the international publisher and funder of the game.

When the first report of the game being released during the second half of 1999, in Japan creator Yu Suzuki, estimated the cost to be around $47 million.

2003 - Shenmue II was published in 2001 for the Dreamcast and 2002 for the XBOX, because of financial problems, SEGA currently has no plans to continue the series on their own. Nintendo however can be a big help by providing the long awaited sequel for the fans throughout the world.

It is also very memorable that Sonic Adventure 2 SEGA's first non-SEGA platform game after the end of the Dreamcast was released on Nintendo's own GCN.
by Superrayman3
Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long do you think Shenmue III will be ??

On the strict story plan, now we know that it will up to Shenmue II at least :

Shenmue I = one chapter (1)
Shenmue II = one and a half chapters (2, 5)
Shenmue III = one and a half chapters (5, 6)

Your chapter breakdown is slightly off here's how it really goes if we're going by Yu Suzuki's plans.

Shenmue I = 1 chapter (Yokosuka) Introduction/Sadness
Shenmue II = 2 1/2 chapters (3 Hong Kong, 4 Kawloon, first half of 5 Guilin) Development/Departure
Shenmue III = 1 1/2 chapters (second half of 5 Guilin, 6 Bailu Village/Lan Di fight) Development/Fight
Shenmue IV 5 Chapters (7, 8, 9, 10, 11) Conclusion/Starting Afresh
by Superrayman3
Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How was Shenmue II released on Dreamcast in Europe Anywa

It all has to do with a certain scumbag named Peter Moore, who sold out both Sega and the NA release of Shenmue 2, to net his scumbag self a job at MS(That evil prick is now the CEO of EA, the root of all evil, so go figure sigh).
Just to add to this Peter actually told a story in an interview with Gaming Steve a few years ago about an incident at the O'hare International airport, when he got to the place where you're supposed to present your passport (this was post 9/11 so security was tight at the time) the TSA agent that was checking passports said to him and I'm quoting Peter Moore here "I don't need to see your passport you're the asshole that gave away Shenmue to XBOX" and the sad part is that statement was 100% true.

Here's a video with the story for anyone that wants to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn2c4vbU44s
by Superrayman3
Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA currently "investigating" making Shenmue 1/2 HD hap

What will interest me more is which version of Shenmue 2 Sega will choose to port, the Xbox OG or dreamcast, since the community seems to be split on this one. Some like the original Xbox's textures, extra features, optimisations and VO, while some despise these + bloom effects. Some of the tracks are also different between games (eg Fangmei, Ziming discussion). If I could guess I'd say the XBOX version would be the one that SEGA would use as a base for the port although SEGA needs to pay attention to which textures they add in this time around because I recall reading a while back that the XBOX version used the DC textures for some items and not the redone textures, as for the music and VO thing just include an option to switch between the DC and XBOX audio with maybe a few newly recorded lines (preferably using the same equipment as was originally used to record the VO) to restore certain script changes (or add a 2nd script with the Japanese version).

Is it safe to assume the Xbox original is easier to port because of its x86 based architecture? Or is the dreamcast comparatively effortless as well? Honestly it's pretty easy to use either one really the XBOX's is based around a similar hardware architecture and design to the DC (the hardware is actually closer to the SEGA Naomi arcade system but it can handle DC material pretty well all things considered) that being said SEGA does have more knowledge of the DC's hardware so it could go either way on a technical level.
by Superrayman3
Mon May 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice to have Features for HD Release

Here's my list:

1. Uncompressed voices in Shenmue I is a must, SEGA shouldn't skimp out and use the files that were compressed for the Dreamcast release and make sure that the audio mixing is right (I actually addressed an issue I had with the PS3 JSR rerelease where from time to time the voices/SFX would sound far away or something along those lines because the audio is I believe 5.1 at least that's the impression I have but it wasn't designed with normal HDMI audio output in mind and I'm a bit concerned that this release is going to suffer from the same mistake).

2. If possible a fully playable version of Chapter 2 instead of the manga version (I'd love to be able to kick Chai's butt again on the way to Hong Kong).

3. Options to allow both the original 4:3 aspect ratio and a 16:9 version for newer TV's (or if you want to experience Shenmue in a different way, I'm pretty sure this is an already announced feature but I'm posting it anyway just to be safe).

4. Playable Saturn Shenmue prototype, it'd be nice to see what Suzuki-san and AM2 were pulling off with the Saturn hardware towards the end of the systems life, also next year marks the 20th Anniversary of the Shenmue series in Japan so it'd be the perfect opportunity to do something like that in commemoration of that milestone.

5. An optional subtitle track containing a direct translation of the Japanese audio track for Shenmue I (II already has subs for the original Japanese voices thanks to the PAL DC version so hopefully they'll include an optional subtitle track containing that version as a subtitle option as well for the purists which also makes me wonder something, how are they going to handle Yuan on the Japanese audio side of things, English is a given, but the Japanese side gets a bit more murky because the original Japanese release has Yuan portrayed as a cross dressing man, the PAL DC version on the other hand has the character portrayed as a woman, with this in mind it'd gonna be interesting to see what SEGA decides to do, this also applies to that recorded call that was changed on disc 3 for the PAL DC release when compared to the same call on the Japanese DC release), if they're gonna offer us the original Japanese audio I'd prefer to have a proper translation to go along with it (II I'm not too worried about I is what has me concerned), and it's also needed because too much of the dialogue was changed for the U.S. release so a proper translation is pretty much a necessity.

6. Shenmue Passport not much needs to be said here give us the Shenmue passport as well and the complete experience will be available to the world.
by Superrayman3
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic