Search found 779 matches

Return

Re: Nintendo Switch

Yeah, I personally thought the ending was a bit underwhelming, and especially from a story-standpoint the game is quite weak. But the locations/environments/world are the game's strong point, and it's definitely a very strong game. Personally, with the exception of Majora's Mask, I've found the stories in Zelda games to be pretty weak. The reason I've always played them is for adventure and location. So if the setting is interesting, I'm likely to have a good time.

Weapon durability is the worst thing in this game and really brings it down. The fact that I got rewarded with a cool weapon I was too scared to use shows that there is a huge problem. It only serves to make the game less fun and doesn't really add any interesting strategy or challenge.
by Thief
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese Music

^nice, is it a popular song? I had no idea what it was.

phpBB [video]

Best anime opening ever - put your grasses on nothing will be wong
by Thief
Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

The thing about Sonic Adventure is that I know it sucks, technically, but it has that certain SEGA turn of the millennium charm. I sit down and play some Sonic, and everything looks bad and plays bad, but somehow I'm smiling and enjoying myself. But SEGA has kind of lost my interest ever since the end of the Dreamcast era. There was a brief moment where there was an extension of the Dreamcast era: PSO ep. 2 3 & 4, Orta, Sonic Heroes, etc, but soon after it just kind of died. SEGA just became uninteresting and had no charm. An era had ended -- of arcade fun and silliness.
by Thief
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Three dollars for an AM2 sports game where girls in bikinis hug it out after each match? Yes please. Also, Custom Robo is awesome.
by Thief
Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah I did too, Sonikku
by Thief
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Darn... half the reason I was interested in this game was because of the bad animations... don't go fixing it now :(
by Thief
Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There was a fourth PSO episode?

Yeah, it was called Blue Burst and only came out on PC. It has new items and new areas, much like Episode 2, but the new content isn't as large as Episode 2's was (and there're no new character classes). It can still be played today on private servers, but official servers have long since shut down.
by Thief
Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Chaos wrote: I [...] wanna start collecting games for [my Saturn]

Shall we do the funeral for your wallet now or later? :P
by Thief
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Can anyone tell me the correct Chinese pronunciation of both Wude and Ziming?
by Thief
Mon May 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://oi68.tinypic.com/nyhj6q.jpg

Life is Strange: I really like adventure games and have been wanting to try this one out. Heard great things and it was really cheap so I bought it.

The Walking Dead Season 3: I've been playing through all the walking dead games with my Mom, who watches the show. I also watch the show and read the comics. Games are great, show is great, comic is great. Walking dead is... pretty great.

The Silver Case: Will be my first Suda51 game. I've been looking around for a used copy of Killer7 for a while, but still haven't found one, so I'm going to go ahead and play this one first. Really looking forward to it.

Wild Guns Reloaded: One of the greatest games on the SNES, but way too expensive to think about owning. I've played it through my Flash Cart, but it'll be nice to own this "definitive" version.

I feel like I'm starting to have more PS4 games than my brother... who is the one who actually owns the PS4 lol
by Thief
Mon May 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Grades just came in and I've officially graduated college. Took me longer than Tommy Boy but I don't care. 8)

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Fri May 05, 2017 1:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does anyone think Sly 5 will get announced at E3 2017?

He's joking. But this probably didn't need its own topic, since most people here, myself included, likely haven't even played one Sly game—let alone enough to be excited for a fifth. This probably would have fit nicely into the random gaming thoughts thread though.
by Thief
Sun May 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Can someone link me (or pm me if necessary) the video in the "shenmue 3 not coming to e3" thread that was locked? It was pretty funny and I wanted to save it.
by Thief
Mon May 15, 2017 4:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

say what you will about adventure 1, but adventure 2 is a pretty solid game that holds up well.
by Thief
Wed May 17, 2017 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

beautiful version of amazing grace
by Thief
Fri May 19, 2017 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Made a super cool Ex-Soldier Dwarf Hunter for my first time ever playing Dungeons and Dragons.
by Thief
Sat May 20, 2017 3:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gotta love heated arguments over pointless nonsense—pretty much the internet in a nutshell.
by Thief
Sat May 20, 2017 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

Meh looks fine. I'm sure things'll look better as time goes on and he's not just some guy in a T-pose.

Remember though, even if no Shenmue III at E3, we still have an HD version of I and II to get our hopes up over. I'm hoping for HD announcement in June, with a release at the end of the year. With Shenmue III delayed till 2018. I would enjoy that time-frame, already want to replay I and II before III anyway.
by Thief
Wed May 31, 2017 5:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

Finally got around to framing my commission from Anime Expo (whenever it was I went).
by Thief
Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

fuck yeah
by Thief
Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coming back to old save files and you're clueless what t

I've played through the first half of some games up to three times. I always start over because I don't know wtf I'm doing in the game. It's super annoying lol
by Thief
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

Yeah, No Shenmue, No FromSoft, No Death Stranding, No anything that's not an Uncharted Ripoff or COD/Destiny bologna. So boring. Games are just bad movies these days.
by Thief
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

Prime 4 logo was enough for hype, but Odyssey looks awesome, and most of their games are coming out by the end up the year—including Xenoblade 2. Good release schedule.
by Thief
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

two metroid games, well fuck me. good news good news.
by Thief
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shredingskin wrote:
phpBB [video]

Reminds me of Saturn/Dreamcast era SEGA.
by Thief
Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go be a party pooper somewhere else.
by Thief
Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do you guys think after the Switch port of Sonic that Knuckles will be in Smash?

I mean, that would be cool, but I would prefer Shadow! Shadow the Hedgehog is by FAR the best game in the Sonic series. Just think about it! Shadow could have different types of guns as his moves, he could jump on a motorcycle when he dashes, and he could use Chaos Control as his final smash! Time would slow down and he could beat up all his opponents and they wouldn't even stand a chance! He could even say "Damn" occasionally, which would finally give Nintendo the edge it needs so it can stop being a baby console.
by Thief
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on?

Welcome back Spokane :)

Ryuwho? You mean that character from Grandia?
by Thief
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... science.
by Thief
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

your butt can't be downplayed! wutup
by Thief
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on?

Bluecast wrote: I come back last month and now Spokane and Brotherman! So who's next to come back?!

My guess is QWERTY :P
by Thief
Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Right, my AC is broken. It costs a couple hundred dollars to fix it and I have some debt I need to pay off, so the AC is non-essential at the moment. It gets pretty hot here in Arizona, but only for a few months, so I just tough it out. IMO, extreme heat is much more tolerable than extreme cold.
by Thief
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote: Oh man I forgot you are just below me Lamewad :P .

Yup, actually I used to live in Salt Lake 'til I was ten. Near Cottonwood Heights.
by Thief
Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forgotton retro games that deserve more love

south carmain wrote: Image

I think this one really just got lost in the shuffle.
by Thief
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You now have boost power!

phpBB [video]

f-zero gx tas because it's cool
by Thief
Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SNES mini revealed, Dreamcast Mini Classic hopes?

I probably wouldn't buy one. Please just put the games on Steam SEGA, all anybody wants.
by Thief
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Waifu

Is this who i'd go for or who I ship for Ryo?

All the girls are weird in Shenmue, so I don't have a waifu, but I want Ryo to be with Fangmei.

Edit: No scratch that, I want Honey-San to be my waifu.
by Thief
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I preordered the special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns. 2D Metroid is one of my favorite series (alongside Resident Evil and Metal Gear). I've never been a fan of the Metroid Prime games (for many reasons), but I'm stoked about Samus Returns.

I don't usually buy special editions, but I didn't want to regret it later (knowing how ridiculously expensive Nintendo limited editions can get), so I just went ahead and got it.
by Thief
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unpopular film/TV opinions post yours!

-Escape from New York is pretty uninteresting, and even though it's a rip off, Metal Gear Solid is much more entertaining.
-Nolan's Batman movies are really not that great, especially the third one.
-Jedi's are the most uninteresting bunch in all of cinema and people only like them because they have lightsabers. The Sith are just as boring. The Star Wars Universe is not that interesting overall.
-Star Trek, as a whole, is a bunch of interesting philosophical ideas with very poor production values and story presentation. The episodes are largely not very fun to watch... so I like the new movies best.
-I don't watch Doctor Who but it's also probably pretty stupid.
-Game of Thrones is not very good. The author kills off characters because he doesn't know how to end plot threads, so he just uses shock (of death) to distract his audience. Everyone will dislike the show when it ends in a very mediocre way (see Lost).
by Thief
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

dbzruler88 wrote: With evidence, faith isn't necessary.

Faith is necessary for every belief.
by Thief
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic