Search found 106 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue is obviously a magical game

Could someone lock this topic? I don't think it's going to get much further than people just berating the OP, and maybe eventual retaliation. Aside from that, there's no purpose to this topic than to carry the remnants of an argument from another topic over to this one.

Agreed. Its a day of celebration. Not lambasting and just being negative. Phong, take some time off, even play Shenmue again if thats what it takes to help you out with your emotions regarding the franchise. No bad feelings either. Times are crazy and emotions are high and flying. Take some time, we have all been there in some way or another.
by Peter
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's wrong with some users

Sorry Supa, just want to highlight what's going on....

Octacon, you have answered your question in your response.

Firstly, when a topic is locked, its locked for a reason. You don't make up another topic to discuss a locked topic, that's internet forums 101. But you are not a troll and seem like a good guy so i will explain.

Since Shenmue 3 was announced, imagine 14 years of emotion pent up, only to be released into the wild at the announcement of your wildest dreams coming true. Over the course of the past 4 weeks, the dust has settled and the manifestation of those emotions have came out in many shapes and forms from a lot of people. I am guilty of it too! When those emotions clash, things get all kinds of negative. Some of the events during this time certainly haven't helped matters either.

But recently those emotions have turned in the tides to being majorally negative due to a few factors including a poorer KS total than what we had expected, plus the release of updates and rewards which a lot of people didnt particulary approve. Now, its fine to have an opinion, but sometimes those opinions come out wrong, and clash with others opinions, who also are not handling themselves well, and that's when things get ugly.

Phong made a topic which you can see more than demonstrates that. Oks he may have valid points, but his timing and place of voicing those opinions was completely wrong. Thats not to sham on his opinions, but today of all days, right after hitting a serious milestone in the Kickstarter process isn't exactly smart to create a topic which was essentially negative. Not even in a productive way either. Thats not good for the community and its a responsibility we all have to make a judgement call when to voice certain opinions and when not to. The natural progression of the board can usually be seen if you take a step back and read a few comments, and his second topic regarding magic was a snap reaction to his comments, and comments directed towards him regarding the released trailer.

Oks, some of the responses he got back were childish, idiotic... use whatever adjective you want, but the crux of it all was his behaviour by opening the topic in the first place. I mean thinking about removing your pledge? Questioning that Shenmue is a magical game? He has been aware of Shenmue for 14 years, and if he doesn't know the general overview of the story to this point, then i have to refrain from calling him a derogatory name or two. Its in the prologue of Shenmue, and the first thing you read when looking in the manual, reading a guide, heck, you even hear it during and at the end of Shenmue! Its not rocket science.
His reaction to the trailer is moot, as our all of our opinions on the trailer because its concept. Its not the final product nor could it even be in the game! So starting board drama over it does him, other members and the entire community nothing but harm.

I am guilty of many things here too over these past 4 weeks, but all i can do is to ask all members to remain calm and keep your emotions in check. Respect must be given by everyone, to all members. Anyone who flies off the handle will have to suffer the consequence. Instead of going off on other members because you have differing opinions, listen to each other and talk it out, that's how learning is done. The Dojo has never been this crazy ever, so even us as staff are having to learn and evolve each day with the changes in the Shenmue community. So please guys, just think before you post. Think about how the general consensus is about something and tailor your post to fit in with the atmosphere and direction of the forums. If you have a differing opinion or disagree with someone, then tell them. But tell them respectfully, and be open to listening to what others have to say too. We are making history today of all days, lets try and move on together without arguments, negativity, locked topics, warnings and bannings. There is no hard feelings on my part, and if a topic gets locked, don't take it personally.
by Peter
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Kickstarter check for a 5th of the amount you pledge upon making it. That's it until the campaign ends and you have to pay.

Pledges made within 24 hours of the deadline cannot be cancelled, and contact has to be made with the developer to do so.
by Peter
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tomorrow Shenmue haters around the globe will eat crow

A wolf doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep. ;)
by Ceej
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Here we go guys!

It's happening right now! Another $20,000 and we are officially the most backed video game in the history of Kickstarter!

Who's watching it live?? More importantly, who's pumped and Hyped beyond belief! History is about to be made!
by Peter
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Rakim wrote: YSNet Headquarters right now:

by Scrounder
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BIG BANG! 6 million reached and it keeps going!!!

This is just so unbelievable. I'm almost crying in joy right now. Again. How many times have I cried during the last four weeks? WE did it! It was us, who made this happen!

Suzuki-San, we love you! :king:
by Hyo Razuki
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dancin' like this

phpBB [video]
by Thief
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Fuck it. I want the PC KS edition too
by Peter
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Goddammit, I watched the e3 announcement again and couldn't help but donate an additional 200 bucks. I want to have that signed illustration. $300 I totally don't have, but it's Shenmue so screw it. :P
by Taren Fox
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Place your bets! - Predict the final amount

i think we will scrape past 6 million but it'll bounce above and below for ages ... but just make it in time
I don't want to be that guy but...

I hope you prove me wrong, I really do... I would love to "insert foot into mouth" on this occasion, but I'd be willing to bet actual cash we won't finish ahead of bloodstained.

\:D/
by go-ren
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

People are going to be mad... for about a week. Then it's business as usual looking towards the next update.

I don't know dude, moving the disappointment from tonight aside, there is a valid argument that they have revealed nothing in 10 months, and this game is a year from release (as we stand). They have an ongoing PayPal, with reneged confirmations of additions to that including upgrades and PC addition. The monthly updates have been wafer thin at best, and i question that they would even show a full blown trailer as an update. Something like that deserves a full audience.

I've put up with Awesome Japan's questionable antics, but this is getting out of hand now, and there needs to be answers of some sorts.
by Peter
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There was nothing official to go off right? I understand it's disappointing but at least it's still happening. Pitch forks away everyone. I understand everyone has thoughts that have been building up as the months go by but just remember the game you have been waiting around 15 years for is going to be ours within a couple of years.

There is no excuse. They have taken the money over 70k people and have gained nearly 7 million dollars. Not showing Jack shit for over a year is inexcusable. If the project is having trouble communicate that. While Cedric is telling us December 2017, we still haven't seen anything of note. Zero screens since Ferbruary. No updated model. No direct feed video of Shenhua's house. They think it's okay to release videos made in August of this year with absolutely zero updates on how this game is doing in development. A lot of us gave this game 100 dollars or more. Some gave a fortune. I was fully prepared to give 300 extra dollars to the PayPal if they showed a trailer at PSX. Nope. Pitchforks out.
by Himuro
Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Cedric has good intentions, but his Twitter is being unfairly scrutinized because Awesome Japan/whoever isn't doing their job. He made the mistake of trying to communicate with a pretty hardcore group of fans. I think one great trailer will fix all these months of heartache and dsappointment, so hang in there.
by mjq jazz bar
Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

He'd buzz his tits off over a broken match dipped in cat shit if you gave it him.
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #66 - Yu-san on story-building

Mystical elements are intrinsic to the game's plot. Seriously, if it bothers you then you've spent fifteen years pining over the wrong franchise, because that's just what Shenmue is, like it or not.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon May 01, 2017 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

For those complaining about it not looking realistic enough for Shenmue...
by Bluecast
Mon May 29, 2017 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

I would suggest that anyone who thinks this is some kind of radical departure from the established style of Shenmue to take a moment to look at the older character models with fresh eyes. This is just a quick sampling of screen grabs from the Shenmue wiki. There has always been a strongly stylized aesthetic to Shenmue.

http://zoonbats.com/s3/shenmue_stylized.jpg

I don't know what people mean when they refer to "manga" style as manga is an entire vast body of literature that encompasses thousands of styles by tens of thousands of artists. To me this looks consistent with the established Shenmue style.

Totally agree.

Well, I didn't say the new model from the update necissarily was a drastic change in design, I meant that if Ryo would look like Miyawakis cocept image in the game, yes, that would be drastic change.
Ryo Hazuki was literally introduced to the world in the Shenmue Premiere by crossfading from Miyawaki illustrations to his in-game model.

https://youtu.be/QM2bkUm1eT8?t=396

And what I said specifically, was people should not expect passport Ryo.

Looking at that (wow, first time I've seen it in years btw! Thanks for that flashback!) it's abundantly clear to me that the art direction and style of the original game was never intended to be "realism." The world, yes. The characters? Not so much.

Whether this "new" style in Shenmue 3 is actually new, or a modern rendering of the existing style, of course, is a matter of subjective opinion. People don't have to like it, or agree that it fits in with the previous games, but personally I remain pleased.
by Anonymous81
Tue May 30, 2017 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

It's got to be the original Shenmue logo. Sorry, Yu-San but there cannot be anything less than the original logo. This is a matter you cannot possibly sugarcoat. Let's not even try to find reasons for the new logo. There's no room for discussion here. Let's not even go there.
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't forget to post what you think in the kickstarter comment section:

VS

by Yokosuka
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

they really jumped the gun releasing that teaser trailer; it’s getting ripped to shreds on almost every corner of the internet. The thing is, any decent PR firm (or fan) could have told them that trailer wasn’t fit for public consumption. It should have been clearly labelled as “work in progress”, plastered right across the whole video; and released directly to backers, not on PlayStation’s official YouTube channel as a “teaser”.

I'm still confident they'll polish it up and release a fantastic game, I just don't think Yu has his finger on the pulse of what the online community is like these days and their PR has been lacking.

In all honesty, who cares what other people think. Shenmue III has always been for the fans and by all accounts the fans love it. The more I watch it the more I'm excited to play the game. I can see the areas which need work and there's a lot, but the potential is there as has been the hard work in getting to the current state and it shows.

They really needed to release a new trailer as it's been a very long time since we've had any video of in-game action.

I'd say they are still holding back heaps and a game like Shenmue has to since it's so story driven.
by fittersau
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Executive producer of Shenmue III: However, this time we weren’t able to make it on time for the video. While the video we presented this time was meant to be a promotion for us, I believe that it was a little premature. Since starting the project in 2015, we haven’t released that many videos. Since we signed a publishing contract with Deep Silver, a part of us felt the need to announce “We’re continuing the project’s development under a new establishment. Please rest assured,” and we felt that it would be wrong to not have any kind of video, so we decided to release one this time around. It might sound like a bit of an excuse, but even though there are some parts that we feel is lacking or some parts that we’re not satisfied with, we decided to go ahead with it because we didn’t want to not have anything to show for it.”

I really feel sorry for them.

That's it, case closed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/joV1k1sNOT5xC/giphy.gif
by Fei Fong Wong
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mixed reaction from general audience

I think it speaks to how poorly thought out and executed the game's marketing material has been to date. I don't know exactly where the blame lies but it was pretty obvious that there were many elements with regards to the games character models, lack of animation, very bizarre key lighting, abrupt cuts in the trailer that shouldn't have been made for the public consumption.

With that said I think the latest screenshots give me a lot of heart and I am quietly optimistic.
by code l name
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #77: New Character & Lakshya Digital

Looks great to me and I'm incredibly picky.

Looks like a natural evolution of the in-game models of the first two games, this kind of model is highly dependant on animation quality, so hopefully that's up to par.

I'm hearing nothing but good news recently, that person in resetera is just trying to bait people, it's obvious, but he's using wording and phrasing that are difficult to moderate. If he continues after that moderator warning then I'd guess action will be taken against him. Most people there seem positive and realistic.

All this outsourcing for bulk NPC work etc and partnership with deep silver and nothing but positive, a tiny team and a tiny budget wouldn't even be able to afford outsourcing to such a well known company for supplemental work. Deep silvers deep pockets must be coming into play here and it's great news.

Your profile pic is creepy! You know, I wonder if Deep Silver would give Yu Suzuki the "10 times the amount of our current budget" that he mentioned. It would be cool!
by Shenmue_Legend
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #77: New Character & Lakshya Digital

4- One last thing, in the previous "update", we were clearly told that updates will be coming up less frequently, and guess what? we ended up getting a new update two weeks later, which is yet another example of the disastrous marketing and communication strategy this project has had since its very early days.
Jesus Christ are you fucking reaching.
by KidMarine
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric Biscay confirms Shenmue 3 will release in 2018

Why would/should he face backlash for parroting the established release date? At present time, the game is due in 2018. If that changes, it doesn't make him a liar.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN Interviewed Cedric Biscay about Shenmue

Thanks a lot for your great work, Switch!

As for the interview itself, I guess I'm just too cynical to get as hyped as some people here. I mean, Cedric Biscay is the game's producer! Of course he's gonna say the game is looking very exciting! That's part of being a producer.
Make no mistake, I'm not saying he's necessarily lying (I certainly hope he's not), but we just can't take this sort of statement at face value.
by O Rei do Frango Assado
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: screenshots look good but honestly that's all we get?

I think we will get some gameplay 17:10 at Shibuya Crazy Time
by celsowm
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This game constantly fails to amaze me...

LMAO Who hurt you, Harman?
by south carmain
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

So exciting to think that Corey Marshall willsoon be sitting in a studio, somewhere in the world, recording for nothing less than Shenmue 3. Yes, Shenmue 3 :D
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

That's an obvious bait post, but why would we expect anything less from you. If we don't feed him he won't keep creating this drivel guys n girls...

You have the right to disagree with everything I say, I am (and will always be) fine with that.

I realise that the journey of this project hasn't been as pleasant as we all want it to be, but still, and unlike the vast majority of people here, I chose to realistically examine this journey and from its' very beginning, not through my rosey dreams and wishful thoughts.

I also fully realise that this choice won't be popular here, and will make those who base their opinions on wishes and dreams (instead of real solid facts) see my posts as drivel, because they simply are not to their liking.

But are they really? I think everything that's happened so far has shown without a doubt, time after time, that they actually aren't.

I don't see how more money being put into Shenmue III can be a bad thing. The only negative about this is that we have to wait another year or so. If you can't see the positive in that, then Shenmue III likely won't live up to your "expectations" no matter what. Personally I'd advise you to not buy the game at all and save yourself some time, money and grief.
by darksniper
Wed May 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Update drops, you turn up to shit post.

I could set my mother fucking watch to you doing this.

How's that for a fact.
by Spaghetti
Wed May 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

one could argue that you guys are overeacting a bit, but i'm not really trying to defend anyone here.
every now and again there comes the stench of semi-totalitarianism. but hey, then again, not trying to defend anyone. I don't really care, tbh, just stating an opinion.
They've behaved like this practically since I started posting here. Don't buy the "I'm only talking facts" "I wish I could say something positive" schtick, it gets pulled out regardless of what's shown or not shown.

You only have to look at Nov '17's "less updates? I'M MAD AND HERE'S WHY" and Dec '17's "there's an update after they said there'd be less? I'M MAD AND HERE'S WHY" to know what a fucking sham they are as a poster. Update drops, says something negative, gone. Update drops, says something negative, gone.

A habitual shit poster and nothing else.
by Spaghetti
Wed May 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup, and it's really hard to outperform them..
Right, you've said your piece and succeeded in convincing me with your contradictions that the only reason you post here is to deliberately wind people up.

You cannot complain that the project is not of a high enough quality for your liking and then complain when they take extra time to address the concerns. We're not going to play along with your game. It will not be tolerated here.

I'm going to administer a 30 day suspension and by the time it's over I hope you will have dropped the act and not continue to play us as fools.
by Jibby
Wed May 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

The ue4 model for the hazuki dojo remake looks like Ryo. The latest images of Shenmue 3's Ryo just doesn't. I mean he hardly looks Japanese. If they weren't gonna use the hazuki dojo remake model, well that's fine, but why not use it as a starting point?

I guess we can keep reposting this image.

https://abload.de/img/shen3ryocompositebvs8c.jpg
by Centrale
Mon May 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New PC Screenshots on Steam Page

Yea forget all the positives.

New screenshots arrive, So let's get out the red pens and clip boards and get stuck in with the negativity. It's sad. It really is.
by Peter
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New PC Screenshots on Steam Page

New screenshots arrive, So let's get out the red pens and clip boards and get stuck in with the negativity. It's sad. It really is.
I wouldn't worry much about it because those could very possibly be from a beta build, many things usually get fixed and optimised before release, and can even be patched after release as well.

They could be, but the negative band wagon never lead with that. Hell, don't even look at any bigger picture or take all possibilities into account. It's the absolute definition of can't win. Ask Sega for 15 years for remasters that don't come. Bastards. Remasters announced and promoted. NO don't release the game like this!!!! It doesn't look right wah wah wah.

So far I feel pretty good about the direction of the HD collection, I can of course see the difference when screen shots are side by side. I don't think they have presented anything yet that has me concerned.

Exactly. It looks fine. Nit picking for the sake of it just reeks of arrogance and entitlement, especially at £30 for both games. There's just no pleasing people.
by Peter
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED: Shenmue 1 & 2 will launch 21/8/18!

After 24 hours of conflicting rumors, Sega Europe confirmed on Twitter that Shenmue 1 & 2 HD will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on August 21st!

https://i.imgur.com/IHj8Nto.png

The digital version is now available for pre-order from the relevant stores based on your region.

https://i.imgur.com/BYO0sqh.png
https://i.imgur.com/xNvd3hn.png
[img]blob:https://imgur.com/26f15150-85a9-439b-a733-3e8764f5c354[/img]

You can watch the trailer below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc_2D4GsWME

Sega have also released an updated FAQ:

Sega have released an updated FAQ:

Which version of Shenmue II did we port?
For technical reasons we started with the Xbox source code and data. This has the advantage of some additional features missing from the Dreamcast version:

Snapshots system
Filters
Texture mip-maps to improve anti-aliasing
As some community members will know, the Xbox does have some graphical differences to the DC version which will also be present in our version.

What features have we added?
As well as the herculean effort of porting the code to the new platforms, there is a huge number of things we have added:

Choice of Japanese or English speech in both games
Saves can be carried over from Shenmue into Shenmue II on all platforms
Saving anywhere in both games
HD resolution rendering
Updated UI
New post processing effects for both games
Full controller support and configurable mouse and keyboard for PC users
Full Achievement support for both games on all platforms

What does Modern control scheme mean?
Modern control scheme means we have enabled use of the analogue stick instead of the D-Pad for movement of Ryo, as well as adding full mouse and keyboard support for PC users.

Will the games run at 60Hz?
Throughout the engine, game code and scripts there are hard coded assumptions about a fixed 30Hz frame update rate, so the game needs to run at 30Hz.

Is the game 4:3 or widescreen?
Gameplay where the player can control the camera is 16:9.

Cutscenes are letterboxed in their original formats.

Can the emulated arcade games be played?
We are pleased to announce that all the arcade games in the original are fully playable in the new release!

Who do we have to thank for this incredible work?
The amazing team at d3t.

Thank you to Sega and the community for helping with all of this. ;-)
by Peter
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

It's getting to the point now where people are actually making up problems about these remasters to be worried about. Give it a rest.

There is no emulation. It's a source code port, being created by a company who literally exist to convert this kind code as faithfully as possible. That's why SEGA aren't doing it themselves. You can throw as many nonsense technological sounding things about SH-4 processors and audio codecs as you like but that doesn't make your baseless accusations any more solid.
by Jibby
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

darkfalz wrote:relatively glitch-free emulated port.

I'm going to ask you to stop calling it an emulated port. Misinformation about these re-releases is the last thing we need right now.
by Jibby
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: We have reached the $7M stre

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/021/987/714/72ca8373a797ad46bd2a4a87a6529b12_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1532329681&auto=format&q=92&s=d118ecd2b624e0a620ca15f7e5d8eddc

Okay, now if you tell you are not excited about Shenmue 3 after looking at that pic you must be dead inside.
by sand4fish
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by xatruio
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 am

Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by spud1897
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:32 am

Jump to topic