Search found 170 matches

Return

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

One thing that been bothering me about a reward from Kickstarter is the one where you can be a Chi You Men character in the game. I always found the idea to be silly what if it distracts from telling a serious story. Is there a limit of how many backers can have their face I'm the game as Chi You Men member?
I don't think it's anything you need to worry about. From the site: "To maintain character setting, body style will be up to Mr. Suzuki." It's just the faces, the bodies and clothing will fit with the game. (And they'll probably adjust the faces by hand to fit) Only 5 people backed the Chi You Men level.

Back in 2015 someone gave the example of the men in black suits that you fight at the top of the yellow head building - most of them didn't look like they were from the region anyway. They bring in top villains from all over... Top villains.
by Sappharad
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What about having your face as a capsule toy how many backers got that reward?
You can just go to kickstarter and look at the numbers:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3
There were 90 of those, but do remember the description says they're going to be drawn to look like toys. It seems likely that they won't be able to use any licensed Sega brands as toys, so having a "random people" toy capsule machine instead of something like Virtua Fighter might not be so bad. If you search google images for "random people toys" you might get some ideas for what they can do. Little Lego-like people probably wouldn't be very strange when you see all of the random toy people that already exist in real life.
by Sappharad
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

the individual kanjis mean - strike, open.
but according to jisho.org when combined it means
だかい - dakai - 'break in the deadlock​'

so maybe this is an indication of a successful counter attack. ie. the opponent grappled Ryo and he successfully executed a strike reversal.
Great theory!
best to wait for the switch translation.
Haha, well you guys have already nailed the meaning of the characters. I did manage to discover a couple more links with Bajiquan which you may find interesting. The research took longer than I expected, there wasn't a lot of easily-available information on it.

Link to post: http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/07/examining-warehouse-battle-scene.html
https://i.imgur.com/IYO7mKFl.jpg
by Switch
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Intruder wrote: Do you guys think they will announce Shenmue III release date at Gamescom August 21st because I can't wait any longer to play this game. Im really hoping for the game to come out before summer 2019.

The release is most likely going to occur sometime between May - September.
by WildManofBorneo
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Jibby
Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:40 am

Jump to topic