Search found 450 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts

So I had surgery and almost died. I stopped breathing twice and they had to cut into my throat. I'm sore but glad to be alive.
by Aimless Gamer
Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tales Series

Demos mean almost next to nothing these days as most of them are very different from the final product.

In that they're shorter? :P Which drastically differing demos are you talking about?

Yeah, I honestly can't think of any I've played in the past few years that were "drastically different" from the final product.

Anyway, the Berseria one did nothing to get me back in the mood for Tales. I dunno, something about the newer games is just too... "anime." I never minded the tropes and cliches before, but now it's finally worn on me.
Initiated a skit in the demo where some of the adult characters try to explain adult things to one of the kid characters, complete with exaggerated anime awkwardness, and all I could do was groan and think "I feel like I've heard this exact same shit in at least three other Tales games."
Every time a Tales game is announced it seems to promise major tonal changes (was the case for Xillia, Xillia 2, Zestiria, and now Berseria), but every time it remains the same anime goofiness. I thought Berseria was set to be darker... but really it's just that the main character looks a bit more gothic. Otherwise, it's all the same.
It's weird, because I still get all tingly thinking about some of the earlier games, like Phantasia, Destiny, Abyss, and even Vesperia. I still love those, without a doubt.
I just think it's gonna be awhile before I can put up with any more of the newer ones (though I do still intend to go back to Graces at some point; despite it's colorful designs, I remember there being some surprisingly dark stuff in there that actually did feel different for the series).
by OL
Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why are today's game players so negative?

Why are today's game players so negative?

Because fuck you, that's why.
by OL
Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:No need to create the impression that Shenmue fans are bitter assholes who should never have been given what they wanted because it's only made 'em insufferable.

Why lie though ? :P
by shredingskin
Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I sadly can't afford the game (or Gravity Rush 2 or Resident Evil 7) at the moment and usually don't buy € 60/70 games on day one anyway, but damn, I envy you guys. =P~
by Monkei
Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

Woke up this morning to the news Trump actually placed a ban on Muslims entering USA, and seen the Internet explode.

What's happening to humanity. I don't mean that as a dig at Trump or his supporters. I actually mean what's happened to humans. Has technology and social media actually rotted away brain cells? It's happened since they came on the block. The 90s were just fine.
Can it really be called a ban on Muslims when the majority of muslim countries aren't on the list? Although for the sake of not being a hypocrite he should add saudi arabia to that list, they're pretty much the source of sunni extremist terrorism.

To make sure his orders are executed quickly, Trump is acting on existing laws so he doesn't need to rely on congress to pass new laws to get things done. The countries listed came from something congress amended to the visa exclusion act, which included countries of concern.

This really isn't as crazy as the media is making it out to be. The executive order is instructing the state department to tighten up their policy on the issuance of visas. In order to minimize any potential terrorists that were allowed in due to previously lax visa investigations, Trump temporarily suspended the currently issued visas that were issued to citizens of countries of concern (with a few exceptions). You can thank Obama and his congress for making all this possible, since these laws were put into effect while he was president. He actually did the same exact thing (denying visas for citizens of a certain country... but for a longer period of time) while he was president, which is why it was already in the lawbooks.

It does suck for people who are in the US for legit reasons and contributing to the economy, though. However, this is a time of war and people do tend to get inconvenienced during war.
by Mr. Frozen
Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

south carmain wrote:
I had a 2 day outage and had to read a book, it was horrifying.

I hear that! I was getting really nervous. One more day and I would of actually finished the book I started.
by Raithos
Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

http://images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles/1/8/6/5/2/2/3/147762082359.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

"I'm also working on a story about a high school girl detective who uses the imagination (fantasising) energy from masturbating to help her solve murders. But all the publishers keep telling me 'There's no way we could put out such a perverted game!'...I wish someone would let me make it."

- Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro, writer and director of Deadly Premonition
by sand4fish
Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

south carmain wrote:
ShenGCH wrote: Someone managed to clone my card and bought £20 phone credit a few years back. Never did get that money back. Wanker.

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Thanks, man. My father is still taking it pretty hard, but memes help to ease the pain.
by ShenGCH
Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn man that sounds like the power supply. That happened to my launch PS3. If you can find a replacement psu its actually very easy to change them. The model number for it should be online somewhere, if you can't find it I will look when I get home. If its not the psu that mobo could be shot.
by Raithos
Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2017/04/12/amiibo-smash-cloud-pkg-1492038001244_1280w.jpg

this feels like the fakest thing ever, but it's totally real lol

The original '97 action figure is way better.
Surprised I actually held onto it all these years.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/117zlnd.jpg
by OL
Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guilin is the best part of any game to me

Since it seems like Shenmue 3 will start at the beginning of the Guilin section of Shenmue 2, are you guys gonna rush through it to find out as quickly as possible what happens after the cave or will you take your time to take in all of the sights remade in modern graphics?
ill take my time with it for sure.. play it like shenmue I, where i spent hours an hours exploring the hazuki residence or the streets nearest to it, knocking on every door and trying to do everything the game had to offer :)

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
by Monkei
Sun May 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guilin is the best part of any game to me

Since it seems like Shenmue 3 will start at the beginning of the Guilin section of Shenmue 2, are you guys gonna rush through it to find out as quickly as possible what happens after the cave or will you take your time to take in all of the sights remade in modern graphics?

The second one EASILY. The Shenhua house video made me tear up because I was so happy. It was like seeing an old friend again, except this time they've grown up. I am going to fully explore Shenhua's house again, every nook and cranny!
by Himuro
Sun May 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

I think most atheist arguments are poor.

It's a simple burden of proof, and let me say this straight, most of the time the real reason is "because I want to". At a personality level both the believe of god and the lack of it, gives the person the sense of "knowing", and with that notion is easier to travel the path of living. Some people find the lack of a god comforting in the meaning that we are what we are and we get what we get. Some religious people also feel the same, but think of a non interventionist god that is so interventionist that is basically the same if it didn't exist. And some people find the believe in a god comforting.

For me is very simple to be atheist, simply because "god" is such a bullshit term that encompass "everything" and means nothing (and needs to be painstaking-timeconsuming endeavor to address in individual matters).

We are fucking thrown into the world that is full of danger, and aware of our mortality, different people cope with it by different means.

Oh ok, yeah I was more thinking in the context of the big ol image of "imagine no religion" in my face scrolling down the page.

I do think that no religious societies can exist, look at countries, you follow the rules (law) not because there's a god, but because it's tacitally agreed that they're in place to benefit you while not benefitting any/everybody else. Even if you don't believe that the state can/will guarantee that, there are institutions set in place to enforce those rules, and you can take a gamble on it.

Saying burden of proof is all you need is an example of the lack of humanization in many atheist circles. They just see theists as a target to show their intellectual superiority. In reality, leaving it to burden of proof and not creating a foundational layer for your worldview is intellectually dishonest as it is lazy.

But you're right. The burden of proof does lay upon us. This doesn't excuse bad, emotional arguments - from either side, I may add. But the burden of proof doesn't mean you've "won" the argument and even that you're right. It just makes the debate more lop-sided.

But it's funny you mention the burden of proof when humans have a natural capacity to search and seek God. Even atheists do this. I'm not even talking about this from a religious perspective. It was mentioned earlier how many atheists still have views that clash with their lack of belief. It's almost like we as a species are driven to seek this entity - whatever it is.

It's also funny you mention how we're thrown in to a harsh world. This is in no way an argument against religion, especially since it remains the core of so many religions, especially Christianity. And no, I disagree about our morals. We tend to know what is moral and betray our own morality. We know it's wrong to hate, but it's easy to hate. Humanity is completely inconsistent regarding its morals, and most of that cruelty you mentioned is man-made: war, rape, abuse, poverty. We could solve world hunger and poverty right now if we wanted to, but we won't. Because man is broken and betrays his universal morality. This is the core of Christianity.

As for your response to Unholy Bible, I'm not sure what good you think a society without religion would do. Only 7% of the worlds wars are started due to religion. It would be naive, especially after the 20th century, to think that getting rid of religion would solve anything, especially since that very century showed how powerful and good a force religion is and can be (civil rights movement for instance). Today's social movements are predicated upon a foundation of secularism and yet they treat humanity as nothing more than labels. You're a snowflake if you're a Trump supporter; you're a racist/misogynist/whatever if you're not. In all of this, we have forgotten the Golden Rule and this truly shows what a secular society can achieve: a society where everyone is all about getting theirs and nothing more. I personally find the shallowness of today's society to be endemic to its secularism; religion stands as the one alternative.
by Himuro
Tue May 23, 2017 2:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Are there any big titles that are worth buying the Switch for other than BoTW? Not being condescending btw i'm genuinely asking since I haven't kept up with the console at all.
I won't speak past 2017 but outside of Nintendo first party games like Mario kart 8 DX it's mainly smaller japanese titles. Switch mainly has Vita tier games. Niche Japanese stuff mostly and a lot of indie stuff. RiME,Bomberman,Lego City,Wonderboy(both of them),neo geo ports,Fast RMX,Redout,NBA 2k,NBA Playground,FIFA,Cave Story,Stardew,Yooka and more. Doesn't have a lot of AAA western games yet tho. Only western big games I know of coming to it this year is Battle Chasers,Skyrim and Payday 2. Nintendo games it has ARMS (think a watered down Virtual On) Splatoon 2,Mario Odyssey,Mario X Rabbids,Xenoblade 2 in 2017.

It has stuff but like I said Vita tier stuff outside of Nintendo first party games. It won't replace anyone's PS4.
by Bluecast
Sat May 27, 2017 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Are there any big titles that are worth buying the Switch for other than BoTW? Not being condescending btw i'm genuinely asking since I haven't kept up with the console at all.

Monster Hunter XX. Coming out later this year, but the announcement alone brought Nintendo stock price to rise almost 6%.
by sand4fish
Sat May 27, 2017 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Already forgot about what's shenmue?

What's Shenmue was a video explaining portions of the game wasn't it? Didn't that come with one of the first issues of the Official Dreamcast Magazine; a video CD showcasing Shenmue?

Nope, What's Shenmue was Japanese Playable Demo which was given to players who pre-ordered Shenmue (was later given away with Famitsu).
From the wiki:

"What's Shenmue introduces the main characters and details what the game is about, before allowing the player to control the protagonist of the series, Ryo, around a portion of Dobuita. The ultimate aim of What's Shenmue is to find the then senior managing director of Sega, Hidekazu Yukawa. Once found, Ryo needs to chase him down the street in a series of quick time events, then defend him from a gang of "thugs" (before Hidekazu Yukawa wakes up in a room filled with unsold Dreamcasts to find it was all a dream)."

Full Playthrough from Adam Koriaik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEmi2PaLaO0
by SheepheadCG
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Translation requests here!

Hey Switch, have you ever looked at this picture that's hanging on the wall at Nagai Industries?
I wonder what it says, if it's even related to that place.

http://i.imgur.com/zpcbAhy.jpg
It's the kanji for "kiwami" 極 which means extremity / extreme.

You might have seen it somewhere else recently:
http://i.imgur.com/m2rqN0gm.png
by Switch
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

south carmain wrote: Sony's conference is later tonight in Europe, right?

2:00 AM (02:00) in London
by alexh86
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coming back to old save files and you're clueless what t

This happens far too often to me. I get into a game, something new and shiny releases and I make the mistake of trying it out. 6 months down the road I'm starting a game over from scratch because I don't know what's going on anymore. When I was younger I never had this problem, it all started once I got money lol. Back in the day I only bought one or two games at a time so it wasn't as much of a problem.
by Raithos
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

The Mario Odyssey trailer was weird hype as fuck transforming awesomeness.
Working on a mainline pokemon for switch.
Metroid prime 4
Xenoblade 2 2017
Kirby
Yoshi

And the games we knew (but with rocket league added).
by shredingskin
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

Prime 4 logo was enough for hype, but Odyssey looks awesome, and most of their games are coming out by the end up the year—including Xenoblade 2. Good release schedule.
by Thief
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sonic Generations is fun. Colors is better. Very fun games. Neither exceptional. The problem with those games as all modern Sonic games is they focus on speed and even more speed.Sonic on Genesis was about momentum and branching paths and used speed as a reward to keep momentum and avoiding obstacles. Newer games while they have added platforming again are still mostly straight shots. Sonic Lost World opening level is the very closest to Genesis Sonic any modern game has come in full 3D. Rest of the game kinda falls apart but that opening level nails it. Momentum based. Branching paths. Avoid obstacles and get rewarded with speed. I would like to see either an entire new Sonic game with Forces visuals just as classic Sonic or use those Genesis games level design and flip the camera in 3D.
by Bluecast
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

Yes, the best company around. It's not only a multinational that makes games that are not shitty sonics, it's also the friend, the caring mother, the lover, the cheese of the nachos.

I know what you mean.
by shredingskin
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

And here it is everyone! The finale of Peter's Shenmue II playthrough has now been uploaded onto YouTube for anyone who missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W05iCbWDZ4k

The entirety of both the Shenmue I and Shenmue II playthroughs can be found here:
Shenmue I (Undub): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOMn2ijJRJPEMq9F0bSn0ryGk4DK0Juag
Shenmue II: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOMn2ijJRJPE7-I3-Abse_TJba2xsUpZ3

Thank you so much Peter for all the hard work put into the streams and for making our weeks every week. It's been a fantastic journey!

And good luck to Mr357 on taking over. I look forward to watching!
by Jibby
Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

Do you guys think after the Switch port of Sonic that Knuckles will be in Smash?

I mean, that would be cool, but I would prefer Shadow! Shadow the Hedgehog is by FAR the best game in the Sonic series. Just think about it! Shadow could have different types of guns as his moves, he could jump on a motorcycle when he dashes, and he could use Chaos Control as his final smash! Time would slow down and he could beat up all his opponents and they wouldn't even stand a chance! He could even say "Damn" occasionally, which would finally give Nintendo the edge it needs so it can stop being a baby console.
by Thief
Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil VII

OL wrote: Pretty sure Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't intended as an expose on typical life in Texas

That's exactly what it's like here though lol. Just a bunch of dudes running up and down the street in overalls, swinging chainsaws at all the hot girls. Makes going to Taco Bell after dark pretty scary!
by Raithos
Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... science.
by Thief
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forgotton retro games that deserve more love

south carmain wrote: Image

I think this one really just got lost in the shuffle.
by Thief
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You now have boost power!

I sucked so much at wipeout as a kid that I never bothered trying to get in to the series after that and ignored anything like it. Always thought it looked cool as fuck though.
Omega collection best place to start again. You can set it to novice and after a couple days when you get used to the game which doesn't take long it gets a lot more fun.
by Bluecast
Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu

Agreed,kinda annoying it was merged. I thought the point was to make new topics to increase activity and to get away merging topics a bunch. That drove activity down and right now this place needs more esp. But what can you do? :???:
by Bluecast
Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

I've been playing Sonic Mania on the Switch and have been loving the retro feel. There are so many references, not only to the main Genesis and Sega CD games but also the Game Gear games like Chaos and Triple Trouble. Even Chaotix from the 32X is referenced. It's a glorious celebration of Sonic's golden era.

I've been enjoying the game so much that I did a mock up of what the box art would look like if it released on Genesis. Let me know what you think.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Telekill/SonicManiaBoxArt2_zpszmztqpas.jpg
by Telekill
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE MANGA!

Hi there people, I´m Sebastian Riera, aka SebasRD82 in the social media, and I´m working on a Shenmue manga. Just opened a Patreon to help make this possible. Maybe some of you may be interested, or not. Just in case, I´m sharing the info ;)
This is the Patreon link: https://patreon.com/user?u=695795&utm

Here you have some of the manga pages:

http://i.imgur.com/wzCbjM5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t9GHLPp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VG40VR9.jpg
by SebasRD82
Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

People aren't panicking. I've said I don't think it's a good trailer/teaser and people get all touchy about it so I explain why because quite a few people think nothing bad can be said about Shenmue. Saying something that isn't 100% positive doesn't mean I'm pounding on my keyboard panicking. Everytime I've explained why I don't think the teaser is very good I've said why and explained my reasons. It's the side that aren't supposedly panicking that have called people cunts and claimed people who don't like it are on a bandwagon with an agenda.
by Riku Rose
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Guys, guys...You know what I think would be the best promotion for Shenmue 3?

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You have offended me. And you have offended the Shaolin Temple.
by Your Boy Leroy
Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My Recent Trip to Dobuita Street and The Harbor in Yokos

Bump:
Episode 2 is now out for The Harbor!
phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^I think that's actually the general consensus on it among most fans.
I personally really like it (mainly for the atmosphere of Okinawa), but it easily has the least-compelling story of them all outside of Y5, and little else about the game adds anything new to the series as a whole. If ever there was one that you could call "just another" Yakuza game, it'd be 3.
Still, that Okinawa atmosphere.
by OL
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where's the 0 trophy?

Haven't played Kiwami yet. PS4 still broke unfortunately.
https://s1.postimg.org/2njdr6wzjj/001.png

Did I forget to show this one? I certainly don't forget to polish it..

Bravo.

Kiwami is awesome; love the facelift that 1 was given and I love the addition of Mushi King (played it in Japan and it was INTENSE).

Don't like the addition of Pocket Circuit (though how they tied in the stories from 0 was fantastic), especially since it is tons more difficult and Majima Everywhere got old in the 7th chapter.

Oh and Nagoshi wanted to remix the songs to be more modern... WELL THEY'RE WORSE!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Scarlet Scar was an acoustic wonder, now the guitar is drowned out :evil:

I also thought the Pocket Circuit stories were quite funny, even though the activity itself was a grind.

The only previous experience I had of the first Yakuza was a single playthrough on a borrowed PS2, so the whole game was rather fresh to me. Same with Yakuza 2. Many thanks still to Henry for sending me the game as a birthday present!

What I really hope is they don't remix the Blue Scar Blues song from Yakuza 2 in the next Kiwami remake. So fond of that song I still listen occasionally now..

https://youtu.be/fHPJDXe2Xic
by Crimson Ryan
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mario Odyssey

Getting a Switch for one game isn’t sensible

...I’m thinking of getting a Switch...
by Riku Rose
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I now own a Switch.

I'm a weak man.
by Riku Rose
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

south carmain wrote: doesn't it also work with the pro controller?

It does, plays super smooth.
by Coromasta
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ghost of Tsushima

Do we know if the game will be open world yet? I can't find any information on the game beyond the cinematic trailer.

It is actually open world. Check out the Sucker Punch main page under the "Watch the Interview" link:

https://www.suckerpunch.com/category/game/ghost-of-tsushima/

Also found a decent article giving the history of the battle and what we may be able to expect from the game:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/31/the-history-behind-ghost-of-tsushima

Yeah... I'm stoked.
by Telekill
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic