Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

wow this twich is a joke....
If this guy is managing the kcikstarter it explains a whole lot. I feel like crying.
by Drakul
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer - What Makes Shenmue's Open World So Special?

The way Yu Suzuki created what felt like a real, living, breathing world is always what appealed to me. Since GTA3 happened, it seems like open world games have focused more and more on creating larger and larger worlds that act like playgrounds for the player to wonder from place to place to partake in missions and side quests, but nothing ever feels very realistic or detailed.

This, GTA to me feels empty and fake, Shenmue felt real.
by Drakul
Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another 64 x $1,500 "I AM SHENMUE" pledges available!

If it were me, I would have changed it slightly that it would have just been a hotel guest book, with a picture, the persons name, and also a comments box.

That way you could pack how many people you wanted in there, and have a page reference of all the guests, say, in alphabetical order for ease of reference.

I think that's a fantastic idea. You should forward it to YSnet because it may give Yu the idea.

Honestly my feeling is why wouldn't they?? We keep complaining that they weren't handling the kickstarter right, that they're not raising enough money and not making smart decisions; and then they add a pledge that sells out in 24h and decide to add more to it and we complain again....
It's smart business and I'm sure they can find a way to put 60 more pictures in the station, put them in the stalls for all I care :rotflmao:
by Drakul
Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Oh god yes Alex I am not getting at Greece in any way. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that the interest imposed on them basically forces them into submission. It's a shocking state of affairs.

i know Peter, thats why i wrote " please do not take it personally" ;-) ;-) , maybe i just wanted to let some things out of my chest

You can always PM me if you want to unburden, I'm already pestering you as it is :P
by Drakul
Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

Really outstanding, and you sound like a truly generous, kind person.
I love the idea of your school having a cameo in the game but websites should really pick this story either way.
by Drakul
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Sympathize with Shenmue Fans - A Kotaku Article

Regardless of what we think about Kotaku I think it was a nice editorial. And any fan of Suikoden can't be bad people :)
by Drakul
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer - What Makes Shenmue's Open World So Special?

I appreciate and enjoy what the GTA series has accomplished. My point, personally, was that I'm surprised that with the advancements in technology, we've never seen the ideas Yu Suzuki had for open world games explored and developed further. I'm also a little annoyed by it and that's a small part of the reason why I have craved Shenmue 3 so much.

For me in the past probably 15-20 years I've always had a dream of a game where you are in a city (at night of course because I'm a vampire freak, Bloodlines came close) and you are chased and can enter any building to hide, an open world were every building you see you can enter... of course that's a tall order especially if you want to populate it and make it feel alive like Shenmue. But hey maybe in another 15-20 years :)
by Drakul
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Fei Fong Wong wrote:
Drakul wrote:PS: just noticed your nickname, let's see if you can place my sig.

Hyuga? Is that you?

Nicely done =D>
by Drakul
Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cedric bomb updates ???

At this point I think the only thing that would make me up my pledge is a Dreamcast case tier.
by Drakul
Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic