Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki Exclusive with Strana Igr

Hi, all

I am the guy who interviewed Suzuki-san. :)

Our magazine covers Japanese gaming industry since 90s. We are also the only Western print syndication partner of Famitsu (i.e. we can buy, translate and publish their articles in Russian). We also have our own Japanese interpreter living in Tokyo and other guy in Osaka.

Therefore we have good reputation among Japanese companies and can organize interviews directly.

Suzuki-san's interview is the last in the series of our extensive interviews with people like Yuji Naka, Tomonobu Itagaki, Atsushi Inaba, Shinji Mikami and others. This issue of Strana Igr also has exclusive interviews with Capcom guys (Hideaki Itsuno, Shu Takumi) as we visited Capcom HQ on our trip around Japan this September.

The only guy we still cannot reach is Sakaguchi-san, as he seems to be on vacation at Guam each time we visit Japan. :)

We talked to Suzuki-san for 2 hours and we cannot disclose some of the talk, but there was actually nothing on Shenmue III other than seeing the folder in his list of projects on the notebook. The spiritual successor is another story, at least some artworks were shown.

It seems that Suzuki-san is planning to earn money for his studio by doing more mobile/social titles and and the same time keep trying to push at least one of his bigger projects to the publishers.

P.S.
We may sell this interview to other European magazines later (rewritten, without any inside jokes and possibly with a bit more details). You can send your favourite local press editors to me ([email protected]) for that. :) I can provide them with the original Japanese interview record if they'd like to do the direct translation.
by litewren
Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic