Search found 474 matches

Return

gamesTM Magazine: Yu Suzuki Talks - Shenmue 3 Exc. Interview

The next gamesTM Magazine UK will have an exclusive interview with Yu Suzuki about Shenmue 3, issue will be on sale 13 August

by masterchan777
Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gio Gorsi [The Point, Gamespot]- How Shenmue III came to

phpBB [video]
by Gavan
Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you believe in English dub massive improvement ?

I think a lot of times Corey was given bad prompting (the dub wasn't directed by the VA/cinematics directors for the original performances but by an underfunded localization company, so it seems like his bad lines were due to lack of context when recording them. Also, the translation was done by a Japanese company that were competent in English but not native speakers, so they messed up a lot of the cultural stuff- in 1980s Yokosuka the term sailor, in Japanese, had criminal/underworld connotations, while in contemporary English, constantly saying sailor without specifying that you literally mean people that work on ships or at the docks, has connotations of homosexuality.

Considering all that, he gave a decent, understated performance and didn't make Ryo seem too American (but in the process sounded flat in the few scenes where Ryo gets emotional)

Also, I recently realized that they attempted to use the conceit of having the majority of NPC's speak with 1950s sounding accent/phrasing, and while it prevented it from sounding too contemporary American, it also felt like an episode of The Twilight Zone at times.
by shenmue852
Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Food Ever.

http://i.imgur.com/zIyfhWS.jpg

Curry is my favourite food ever, my favourites is Chinese chicken curry but I really like katsu curry when eating at Japanese places. On the converse I really don't like much in the way of seafood.

Scottish Stereotype:
http://anglotopia.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/friedpizza.jpg
It's a fried pizza crunch (basically a pizza battered and deepfried) with chips and chippy sauce!
http://i.imgur.com/us0SV5C.jpg

Don't forget the obligatory refreshment. ;-)
by Bambi
Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue custom themes for Nintendo 3DS.

Well since now homebrew is available to everyone I've done a custom theme for the N3ds home menu.
http://i.imgur.com/u0AN2vQ.png

It features this background music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd4MyNqI0fo

Let's share here some nice custom themes :D

Link

https://mega.nz/#!FR5VTT4R!kucf_SNR4NPII0auYommCkgUREQXANwbJlssfsXjpm0
by Esppiral
Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Importing save data from S1 and S2

Interesting, I had a look at NeoGAF and found this from one of the people behind the rerelease:

I also want to help clarify what the VMU saves functionality means to the our new PC version.

- The VMS file format is the same file format used by the original Dreamcast console
- Because the Anniversary Edition is based off the original Dreamcast code, Grandia II also writes & reads to the VMS save file format within the data/save file directory
- This allows the player to import their own VMS save files that can be downloaded from any Dreamcast community websites like Blue Swirl
- Also, since Dreamcast emulators also use VMS save files, they can also bring any of their personal save files over from their emulator and continue on within the Anniversary Edition. Any Grandia II VMS save file will work.
- This allows the Grandia community to share VMS save files easily between their friends & fanbase regardless of platform

Where to find your save files
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grandia II Anniversary Edition\data\saves

In this folder you'll see a list with all your save files. All you need to do is rename your downloaded or personal VMS files to match the format used by the game which looks like:
GRANDIA2_000.VMS

That's all there is to it. The next time you load up the Anniversary Edition your imported save files will appear in the Load Game screen.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176424546&postcount=583
by Amir
Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Interview with the Lead Tester for NTSC Shenmue 1 at Seg

Interview completed!
45 minutes long and holy moly was it awesome.

by shengoro86
Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Interview with the Lead Tester for NTSC Shenmue 1 at Seg

Its up!

phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are the chances of outside investors taking notice?

Honestly, I don't feel as if any investors will care that much. Despite being the number 1 most funded game on KS, it's still a big risk. Shenmue III is a big change from what has become the 'industry norm' and I feel as if investors won't want to make such a big risk when they could make more money by investing in something more mainstream with much less of a risk. Not even to mention the somewhat negative media and press towards Shenmue III

Perhaps we'll get some smaller investors who are willing to make such a risk, but I doubt Shenmue III is worth the time of any large well known investors. "Not to say that the game is going to be bad, but I don't think it's going to be as huge and amazingly successful as some of us think it will be." We need to be realistic here...

It's a catch 22 situation, it could very well end up being a bigger success then any of us here can even imagine. However we need investors to step forward to pony up the remaining cash we couldn't get from KS, but bad press, and Sega's mismanagement of Shenmue 2, has investors scared off.

Nevenmind the fact no one knows what is going on in Yu's head lol, and investors don't like that kind of stuff.

Adventure games are on the rise, open world games are very popular these days, and unlike Sega with Shenmue 2, Sony is very likely gonna to actually advertise/push the hell out of Shenmue 3 upon release. It's a winning combination.

The only question is, are investors even putting much thought into Shenmue 3
by Zoltor
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo/Shenmue PS4 community?

As Shenmue 3 gets closer to release, we should all join the Shenmue PSN Community.. If 70,000 people join.. lol.

So there is one? Or not? Come'on I wanna play mgo with some peeps.

The topic we had for people to post gamer tags in was just a filled with a bunch of people with under 20 posts posting their username. If we made a Dojo group it would just be filled with random names if it was left open. It would make more sense to myself if there was a private group just for the regular posters on the forum and not open for 50 people with names like RyoHazuki2015 to join.

I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, the KS has 70,000 backers and the 500k page has 25,000 members. I think any general Shenmue group should inclusive, you can be a fan of the games outside the forums.

On the other hand I get the idea that veteran members should want their own group. With this in mind, if its appreciated, I've just made an invite-only Shenmue Dojo community, and I'll leave a general one open for someone else to make (500k?).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ4DSkiWEAABvnn.jpg:large

Now unforunately PS4 Communities doesn't have a search feature at the moment, so to get the ball rolling can you guys send me a PM on here with your PSN and I'll add you to the group.
by NeoShredder
Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenhua fan art Speed painting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0fad-U28E

Shenhua Fan Art speed painting I created on my Nintendo Wii u Art academy home studio app! came out exactly how I wanted it to and am proud of this piece. took about 3 hours to complete. the full hd image is in my online art portfolio @ RyoHD.carbonmade.com hope you all enjoy!
by Ryo_Hazuki--san
Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's Shenmue: Article about the saga's history

Hey guys, I wrote a few words on Shenmue :)

UPDATED LINKS:

Part I: Of Dreams and Dreamcasts:
https://medium.com/@MoosaviAmir/what-s-shenmue-6145a484bbf1

Part II: The Death of the Dreamcast and Shenmue’s Uncertain Fate:
https://medium.com/@MoosaviAmir/what-s-shenmue-7415134fd9c0

Part III: The Brief Lives of Shenmue Online & Shenmue City, the Birth of Ys Net, and the Seeds of an Idea"
https://medium.com/@MoosaviAmir/what-s-shenmue-91b3add6dbbd

Part IV: Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt and Hope:
https://medium.com/@MoosaviAmir/what-s-shenmue-feb33078ef60
by Amir
Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Europe comments on Shenmue

I wouldn't be so hard on lower level guys at Sega Europe; it's obvious these guys love games like Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia and such games are most likely the reason why they went to work for the company, but at the end of the day decisions like these aren't up to them, have to be approved by higher ups in Japan, etc. If they don't comment on them, they're accused of being deaf to fan's requests, if they do comment on them and plans don't come to pass they're accused of being arseholes.
by Amir
Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

It really is surprising to me how much negativity there is here.

Like seriously... I am so damn happy that Shenmue 3 is even coming. There are some people in here who really need to take a step back and just remember that! 4 months ago we would have killed to get the smallest bit of new info about our favourite game franchise. The game is now being made, and people are crying about how some super super early development shots, (which are even using included assets from the engine) don't meet their expectations...

WHO CARES!!! It's going to change, and even once it has, it probably won't look like how you want it to or how you imagined it to... but you know what!?! Yu Suzuki, the Legend, who created the best 2 games of all time, has created a game for you. A game that you have wanted for 15 years. We will finally leave the Cave in Guilin, we will continue the story of Ryo's revenge, and not only will we have a Shenmue 3, but there is now now a pretty good chance we will have a Shenmue 4.

Think about where we have come from, and where we are heading. We are getting the game we always dreamed of, from the original creator. We are in good hands people... That's what the kickstarter updates remind me of!

(That screeny of the house with the thatched roof tho... *Jizzed everywhere*).
by SheepheadCG
Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

I am now convinced you're a troll.

This, combined with the lying about Shenmue 1 proves it.
by Himuro
Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RELEASE: Shenmue 2 Explore Mod Disc 4 BETA

Hi all,

Here is the first public release of Disc 4 of my Shenmue 2 Explore Mod.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/shengoro86/cave_zpsdshj8rhq.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why release a BETA?
To give you all a taste of what is to come.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Areas Playable with No Clip Mode:

-Languishan
-Shenhua's House
-Stone Pit (Cave)
How do I use it:

-Grab the save file you need from the save files provided
-Put the save in the NullDC folder
-Boot up CDI
-Launch game
-Enjoy!
Issues:
CDI is oversized. Only use on GDEMU or USB-GDROM on actual hardware
Can possibly crash on a console.
I removed Doors but they are not needed in these areas

Special Thanks:
Bluemue - For the info on the FLDD -> REGD sector
Ilducci - For the tutorial on Shenmue 2 notebook hacking
Giorgio - For giving us no clip in S1
Wude - For showing me how to do explicit mapinfo hacks in Shenmue 2
Sm1th - For making the PAL Eng Speech Discs which I used for this release

Footage:
-Stone Pit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jijzf4imZU4
-Shenhua's House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfVbfEiJts8

How do I download it?
PM me and I will link you

Development Thread:
http://shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=49257
by shengoro86
Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RELEASE: Shenmue 2 Explore Mod Disc 4 BETA

James, I swear you and the other modders on this forum amaze me so much. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be reverse-engineering compiled and closed source code designed for Dreamcast hardware and then making changes to it to achieve desired effects.

This is outstanding work, don't give up!

Hey thanks! Believe me, I am not that great. The thanks would need to go to the community as a whole.
Nowadays it is easy to hack shenmue. The tools to compile CDIs and such are there and we can base our work on premade CDI releases now. Back in like 2004 this was not the case. We used to have tp burn every single time to test when now we can just emulate everything.

Thank you though!
by shengoro86
Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 opening scenes

I think a great way to open up shenmue 3 would be to have ryo washing his clothes at shenhuas house. Just washing his jeans, t shirt and leather jacket and then hanging them out to dry by the shenmue tree. Not only would it give relief to the fans concerned with ryos hygiene and add realism, it would also open the game in good humour!

Just imagine the epic shenmue music playing, the sound of water splashing. Camera fades in to see ryo washing his clothes in a wooden bowl in shenhuas modest kitchen, wringing them out and then going outside into the morning sun and hanging them up to dry. The camera pans up towards the sky and an eagle flies overhead. The eagle gives its iconic shenmue "caaaawww caaaaaaawwww". The camera follows the eagle as it flies towards the sun. Camera zooms in on blinding sun and the shenmue 3 title screen fades in as the music reaches a crescendo.

The camera zooms in on the blinding sun shining brightly up Ryo's naked ass! The Shenmue 3 logo then appears over Ryo's butt-cheeks.

Then we see a hand slap Ryo's ass and it's Shenhua!

Seriously I see no reason why Ryo wouldn't be butt-naked in the solitude of Shenhua's house while he's washing his clothes.

16 years of living together made them VERY comfortable around each other.

But seriously the game needs to start in the cave... we can't be cheated out of that moment of exiting that cave and investigating the sword/giant mirrors again.
by SMDzero
Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Peter 蔡 has responded to my request to join the dojo forums. He says he'll be here tomorrow.
Hello everyone, I am so happy to be here :D :D :D . Shenmue dojo is very famous in Chinese shenmue fans club. Today another member or myself will share some pictures about the conference, such as the gifts and paints.
by Peter 蔡
Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

I don't want to be a negative nancy but what if:

the reason we always see YS with the same shirt is because we are actually dead ?

I have a great feeling, still feels so weird and tingly thinking SIII is happening.
Quite plausible:
The wait for Shenmue III did seem like some sort of purgatory. Perhaps the long awaited announcement finally represents our transcendence into heaven.

What if the game comes in the mail... we put it into our system.... and then nothing happens.

We sit there looking at snow on the TV screen for a long time for hours .. and then come to the dreadful realization that we all died back in 2001 when Shenmue 2 came out.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UyY-BqDfHp8/UN88AuOMKnI/AAAAAAAAImo/MR-j_Oq1UYs/s1600/scatman+crothers-the+shining-danterants-blogspot-com.jpg

We all weren't ready to die until Shenmue 3 came out so we stayed in the land of the living until the day came.
by SMDzero
Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PlayStation Experience and Shenmue

Well, I like your optimism, guys. We'll see. I'd love for you to be right with those predictions.
by Monkei
Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PlayStation Experience and Shenmue

A few weeks ago Jibbs.

Corsi and Boye's flew to Tokyo, but I can't remember if it was Shenmue specific, or what the nature of the trip was. But they did say they were having dinner and checking up on the Shenmue 3 development. Some also speculating that it was to arrange some sort of announcement at PSX at the weekend.
by Peter
Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Corey Marshall Interview & Community Q&A

Hey guys we asked you if you had any questions for Corey Marshall and you let us know!

Here's the interview in it's entirety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jn4Oh-d2rc

Hope you enjoy it! We are looking to bring members of the community on to the podcast to share there Shenmue experiences... If thats something you would be interested in, let me know by leaving a reply and I shall PM you with details.

Thanks guys
Tuet0ne
by Tuet0ne
Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please contact us!Please!

Can't fault the guy's manours. Very polite, if not slighlty desperate!
by iyapol
Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Since their horrible Q&A stream with Yu, AJ should've been replaced. The Kickstarter would've been much better without them, and now they'll ruin the PayPal campaign. Moreover, I am not optimistic about trusting a newly-formed game company with a high-profile game like Shenmue, obviously they are still in the learning phase of the UE4 engine, and in today's market where a lot of AAA games exist, they wouldn't have a chance . One mistake after another and the Shenmue legacy we all love is being terribly shattered, and day after day I am starting to think that Sega's decision in wrapping up Shenmue after the second game might not be totally wrong after all.... I blame YS.net for all of this btw.
Now this is just descending into ridiculousness.

YSnet is not a newly formed game company, and neither is development partner Neilo. The development team consists of many Shenmue, AM2, and current game development veterans as well as experienced new faces like Nocon Kid. There is also nothing wrong with learning an engine while you develop your first game with it, even with engines with a tremendous amount of documentation on usage like UE4.

I'm mad about how the poll results were used too, but suddenly saying you think Shenmue should have just been left at two games after all? Give me a fucking break, don't be so melodramatic and grow up.
by Spaghetti
Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a ridiculous overreaction some posters are having to this. Sure, it could have been handled better but I think people are forgetting what the big picture is here.
by Sh3ppy
Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree AJ have been a shambles. It's been adamant from the first Twitch stream. But if people really believe that AJ will be relieved of their duties then I fear they will be disappointed. The majority of the work has been done and crowdfunding secured. If people want to sharpen their pitchforks and burn them out over a poll, I would say either calm down, or put your energy into something a little more rewarding because it's not gonna happen.

It was a poll. People are not being offered a wallpaper, in game phone card, Corey Marshall voice message or other in game digital content so now it's an online campaign to oust them. I read one jokers comment today on the Kickstarter legitimately asking for his money back, and fingers being pointed around them exclaiming, "YOU VOTED NO? YOU ARE NOT A TRUE SHENMUE FAN!!"

Some of the comments i have read have been laughable and quite frankly, people need to get a grip.
by Peter
Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Day of Release

The_Intruder wrote: I'm going to order Pizza and Chinese food on the week Shenmue 3 releases. What type of food you guys are going eat while playing Shenmue 3?

I'm going to catch me a rabbit Shenhua style... 8)
by Sonoshee
Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3:My Final Thoughts

Domosuke, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
by SMDzero
Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[Fangame] Shenmue: The Hazuki Legacy [In Progress]

http://i.imgur.com/ahS6DcI.jpg

The project started out as an idea to blend River City Ransom and Shenmue together. After a while though, the story got too serious to adequately portray in 8-bit graphics, so it evolved into this: a 2D adventure / RPG with QTE, and what I hope will eventually be a fitting homage to Shenmue.

To start with I'm releasing a short(ish) concept game before July of this year, which will act as a demo as well as being a self-contained story, and part of the overall story of the final game. This will be a glimpse into one of the two protagonists, 7th Fleet Officer Cathy Wilkins, as she struggles to uncover a conspiracy involving the Yakuza, the US Navy, and a powerful martial artist smuggling a mythical herb into the city. After the events of the demo she'll be joined by the second protagonist, Fukuhara, whose quest to attain martial arts mastery thrusts him into the same perilous situation as Cathy.

The demo will feature most of the following. The main game will feature the entire list:
⋅  A point & click style adventure system. Pointing and clicking optional (you can use a gamepad or keyboard instead).
⋅  QTE combat system.
⋅  Utilize the Shenmue journal by clicking clues and 'using' them on the environment or people, to investigate.
⋅  Day / Night cycle, and the passing of weeks.
⋅  Magic weather.
⋅  Fully voiced by fans of the series (text optional).
⋅  Collect toy capsules featuring games such as Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Sonic, and Skies of Arcadia.
⋅  Play Darts 777, QTE Champ, and possibly more at the arcade.
⋅  Explore parts of Yokosuka that you never saw in Shenmue 1.
⋅  As Fukuhara, quest to seek out and prove yourself to the four masters of Yokosuka.
⋅  As Fukuhara, you'll eventually be in charge of managing the dojo and helping a master to train students (including Goro).
⋅  Puzzles.
⋅  Meet old and new characters alike.
⋅  Featuring music from both games, unused tracks, and tracks from Shenmue Online.
⋅  To be released on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and HTML5. Eventually, possibly Dreamcast, too.
⋅  Free! Of course.

http://i.imgur.com/Gxgc6tF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5tX2Nc4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L6CgFIV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Wk4bXmR.jpg
by Upper Dave
Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue 3 Screens - MAGIC 2016 Press Conference (Vid

Tease me with a teaser! I'm ready.

In Yu we trust.
by Snakiest
Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Video: My Goro Impression

Thought you guys might like this.

Hence when I am shenGORO86

phpBB [video]
by shengoro86
Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Modeled 3d Shenmue mirrors! ready for 3d print.

I finally finished the shenmue phoenix and dragon mirrors. These are modeled from scratch with the texture file as a reference and it is a 1:1 replica of the mirrors. I modeled these to be a flat plane and when I print them i will hand paint the phoenix and dragons on the mirrors on the raised parts. ITS GOING TO LOOK GREAT! just wanted to share it with you all. hopefully soon i can begin the 3d printing process and painting i may put a few up for sale as well in the future.

https://cdn.pictub.club/2016/01/30/reJa.md.jpg

to see the full HD image head over to my portfolio RYOHD.CARBONMADE.COM

sword handguard crest work in progress almost finished.
by Ryo_Hazuki--san
Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

What does Lan Di say before paying his barber?

Hand. Over. The mirror.
by Mr357
Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clay Model Phoenix Mirror

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, one time poster on an account that has long been lost.

When I was introduced to the world of Shenmue on the Sega Dreamcast in 2000 I was immediately enraptured by existence of the Dragon and Phoenix Mirrors. What was their purpose, how would they be used? Were they truly integral to the life of Ryo Hazuki, Lan Di, and those around them, or were the Mirrors just a clever plot device used by Yu Suzuki to propel the story forward, a clever axis on which everything pivots?

Either way, I wanted them. And I wanted them badly. In fact, my inability to have them forced me to change focus and start collecting Resident Evil merchandise, of which I now I have a fairly impressive, and ever growing, collection. http://imgur.com/a/jJbjU .

Back on point. I found myself with an Amazon gift card recently, and my mind was drawn back to the days of lusting for a copy of the Mirrors, so I did what anyone would do and I bought myself a pound and a half of Sculpey. On Tuesday I began working on the Phoenix Mirror, creating the base, and yesterday I began on the Phoenix. After a few hours of working today I threw in the towel in posted a picture of my creation (so far) to the Shenmue 500k Facebook group. It was very well received, which made me think of sharing it here.

Keep in mind that this is very much a work in progress, and that a lot of revision and addition has to happen(not to mention beginning work on the Dragon Mirror), but I'm hoping that by sharing my work here the community might offer me advice and criticism, tips and tricks, and, of course, find their own will to create such works. My plan for today is to revise the Phoenix, and hopefully make it accurate to the feather count in the original model.

Please enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/k9WN4sW.jpg?1
by GameRoomsRising
Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

Jibby wrote:If the Shenmue Dojo had a dating service, what would it be called?

Lucky Hit

And what would Ryo write for his profile motto?

Let's get sweaty!
by FlagshipFighter
Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think I figured out the ending to Shenmue 2..

I finally understand what the "proof" is that Shenhua's father was talking about. Ryo had to prove that he was "the one" who held the pheonix and that his mirror was legit.

See....only the REAL Pheonix mirror could activate elaborate mechanism revealing the giant mirrors. And since the design on the giant mirrors look EXACTLY like the small real ones.. Shenhua can cross check them against Ryo's mirror to prove it's indeed one of the original mirrors.

Shenhua's father basically set up a device which would prove that Ryo was the "one" referred to in the poem of Bailu Village! He had to set up the contraption so his daughter could follow Ryo with his permission and full confidence.

He also knew that the sword was the "key" needed to unlock the mirror pedestal.. he knew that the spirit of Shenhua's ancestors was contained in the sword (since it's the sword of 7 stars and Shenhua prays to her ancestors by looking up to the big dipper)) and that Shenhua had the power to insert it since she has the power of her ancestors.

Shenhua's father basically created a two part puzzle.... one only Shenhua could activate with her powers and the other only Ryo could activate with his mirror.
by SMDzero
Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Finished Painted mirrors!

I'm extremely pleased with how they came out I'm seriously considering selling a blank kits eBay for cheap of both mirrors for the Shenmue community so you guys can all make your own to your something similar to the things you find in stores where it is a blank little Chibi character. Wonder if anyone would be interested anyway these look great on display next to my ryo hazuki statue and soon my Lan di! Thanks everyone for the great reference photos and encouragement finish this project much appreciated if anyone's interested let me know I may print out a few more and list them on the Internet with the stands and if I do list them they will be blank so people can paint them themselves

https://cdn.pictub.club/2016/02/07/x3X7.jpg
by Ryo_Hazuki--san
Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue: The Movie Remastered

It's here!

https://youtu.be/nOs3FX-29Fg

Media coverage
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/03/fan-remasters-shenmue-the-movie-into-5-hour-long-epic-5921456/
http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/06/03/shenmue-the-movie-gets-fan-made-remaster/209928/
http://agetimes.net/tech/gaming/fan-remasters-shenmue-the-movie-into-5-hour-long-epic/
http://www.gametoppc.com/2016/06/gaming-fan-remasters-shenmue-movie-into.html
http://hu.ign.com/shenmue/13059/news/eld-at-ujra-a-shenmue-filmet
http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/4/11858558/shenmue-the-movie-high-definition-full-version
http://www.gameplane.de/shenmue-remaster-von-shenmue-the-movie-veroeffentlicht/
http://n4g.com/news/1914461/shenmue-remaster-of-shenmue-the-movie-published
http://www.gamecrate.com/shenmue-movie-gets-proper-fan-remake/13744?hootPostID=738c94624bee5a411c809e8cb0751b4b
http://www.rebelgamer.de/2016/06/seht-euch-hier-shenmue-the-movie-in-high-definition-an/53376
http://n4g.com/news/1914461/shenmue-remaster-of-shenmue-the-movie-published?info=true

Old OP contents
I am pleased to present to you the trailer for my recently begun project-

Shenmue: The Movie Remastered

https://youtu.be/jGmwkT-bFLQ

I've always been disappointed by the original, and although I understand that they had run time and disc space limitations to work with, I felt that Shenmue: The Movie wasn't an adequate experience. I decided just a few days ago that with the power of modern emulation, I could remake Shenmue: The Movie the way I felt it should have been done, and in 1080p this time.

I'm happy with how the trailer turned out, but keep in mind that not all of the footage you see here is final. Certain parts of the game have given me some trouble, for example the "microstutter" you probably noticed in the Yokosuka harbor scene. I'm hoping to get every second of the 3-5 hour long finished product as perfect as possible.
Edit: Fixed the stutter in the harbor cutscene and uploaded a new version of the trailer (embedded above).

"Can I help?"

Absolutely! However, I will be doing all of the recording and editing myself to keeps things easier and more consistent. What I will need that I'm not sure I can do myself (not very well, at least), is assets like title and ending cards, a custom thumbnail, and probably a new font too. The one by David Brown that I used is nice, but it doesn't support numbers, so I couldn't use it for the intro text or credits. Besides these sorts of things, I'm completely open to any advice, compliments, or criticisms anyone has. This is about creating the best remake possible, not my ego.

As said in the trailer, I'd like to give a big thanks to BlueMue for his advice while I was recording this; David Brown for the Shenmue font he created which I used at the end of the video; Esppiral , Masterchan777 , and Sappharad for creating the awesome Shenmue I&II Auto Fixer; and the entire Demul team for making such a fantastic emulator.

Thanks for watching and reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts!
by Mr357
Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

6.20am here in Monaco. I will do my best for you guys, making posts here and taking pictures for the Instagram account. Then hopefully Zim is on point linking those to here, and 500k. There's no many places to post, and copy and paste links!!

But I will try my upmost best. At the moment the aim is to be out of here by 7 and down at the Grimaldi Forum for 8am. Things to do lol. I don't even want to think about what can and will happen today!
by Peter
Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lost my iPhone, still had the greatest weekend of my life. Can't really say too much about the Eze trip and the dinner except that Suzuki was an unbelievably gracious host, taking the time to answer all of our questions as best as he could. A big thanks to David for all his hard work translating, a thanks to Chao for letting me be his +1, great meeting up with Rob, great meeting Peter and all the fans from France to Ireland, thanks to Cedric for helping organise MAGIC (I got to ask John Romita Jr. and David Lloyd some questions which made my teenage self very happy) and of course the biggest thanks of all to Yu Suzuki. If the LA and Tokyo dinners are only half as good they will still be the greatest dinners of your life.

As a side-note, I got to recreate a childhood photo:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/v/t1.0-9/1383929_10100181925192622_1503658731_n.jpg?oh=384951f4d49ddbcdaede2fbfe737c4b4&oe=57617CEF

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12764840_10100662091445602_1136631792455608173_o.jpg
by Amir
Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki interview at MAGIC Monaco 2016 by Gameblog.fr

http://www.gameblog.fr/interview_948_shenmue-3-notre-grande-interview-de-yu-suzuki-et-cedric-bisc/page2

https://i.imgur.com/d4SH8nG.jpg

Julien : Hello Mr. Suzuki. I'm glad to meet you again today, even more in these fortunate circumstances where Shenmue III finally happens!
Yu Suzuki : Thank you very much!

What progress has been made in the development after 7 work months?
YS : Nothing has obviously been done properly. At the story writing level, I can tell you that the story is done at 95%.

You've been clear about the fact that Shenmue III will not conclude the complete story of the saga. But what will be the percentage of what remains to be told in Shenmue III ?
YS : The Shenmue story in its entirety will be normally divided, from the beginning to the end, into 11 chapters. Shenmue III will cover chapter 5 and 6.

https://i.imgur.com/ulJhKZj.jpg

Even a Shenmue 4 might not be enough to conclude the saga. Ideally, do you think a fifth or even a sixth episode would be necessary at this rate ?
YS : No, I wouldn't go that far ! Rather than going until Shenmue 6, I would like to rearrange things in order to reach the end sooner, even if it means to take some shortcuts... No I don't want to go until a sixth episode.

Five is the ideal ?
YS : I can't tell you more. Anyway I would like to especially focus on the third at the moment !

In the Kickstarter, a "trial version" has been mentioned. It's a playable demo which will be offered to the backers before the Shenmue III release. Have you an idea about when you will be able to bring it to us?
YS : This year, I fear that will be pretty complicated. It will be next year.

Can you tell us when Shenmue III will begin exactly?
YS : It will be just after the Shenmue II end.

Do you mean it will begin exactly there? In the cave?
YS : All I can tell you is that I don't want to skip a chapter. For instance, it might be the day after the Shenmue II end.

You talked about a lot of stuff during the conference like the combat system but not the QTEs. How will they evolve in Shenmue III?
YS : Yes that's true, I would like to add a new system to the QTEs. I will test different things to see what happens, then I keep the best. It's difficult to tell you more before the tests end.

https://i.imgur.com/xLaRNFp.jpg

But could these new systems change our habits?
YS : No, not that far. It would rather be an "advanced" QTE system. What would be revolutionary is to create QTEs in a world where they don't exist yet. Here, they do. The idea is more about adding things to what it exists. Ideally, I would like to create revolutionary things beyond the QTEs level. But with a release planned for 2017, the time is limited. I wonder if introducing them would be possible.

Can we get some precisions about these possible new features? Are they linked with the free battle for instance?
YS : Yes it might involve the combat systems. But above all, there is a new interface system and I'm thinking a lot about it. But I'm not sure yet if I can implement it in time. So I'm unable to tell you more.

It's so mysterious and exciting ! Let's go on to another topic. Can you give us precisions about the Shenmue I & II flashbacks which will occur in Shenmue 3?
YS : For instance, these flashbacks will occur at moments when Ryo touches objects that make him thinking about some things and memories. The kind of this.

So, will these flashbacks be videos captured from the previous episodes or fresh cutscenes powered by the new engine in order to keep a visual unity?
YS : I'm not sure yet but according the time it would require to make these cutscenes with the new engine, I fear that would take too much time. Once again, the remaining development time might be problematic.

I have a pretty specific question about something I loved in Shenmue 1 and disappeared in Shenmue 2. It's about the possibility to practice alone, for instance on the parking, then see the level of each move goes up... Will we be able to do so in Shenmue III ?
YS : Hmmm...

It was awesome! You have to make this happening in Shenmue III !
YS : I'll remember this!

https://i.imgur.com/siXktSI.jpg

I also would like to know if we will find back the same pace than the two first episodes. The same progression based on investigation where you had to ask questions to that person, who told us to meet another one, etc.
YS : Yes we'll continue in that direction. However the general feel is going to change as some systems will evolve.

Will you continue the idea of giving absolutely an identity to each NPC with their own house, workplace and individual schedule ?
YS : We will see if we can make it for all of them. In any case, that's what I want, yes.

My interview deadline has already expired. Here a little bonus question: at the Shenmue I end, Guizhang told to Ryo to leave Japan without him and said he will join him later... Does it mean we'll find back this character in Shenmue III?
YS : It's not planned at the moment.

Thank you Mr. Suzuki and good luck for the future!
YS : Thank you!
by Yokosuka
Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #55: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

At first, I had my doubts about this update, but then I saw it was signed by "Awesome Japan" and got convinced.
by Giorgio
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic