Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Reword for Reward ...

Plus it has 'what's kickstater' rather than 'what's kickstarter'.
by Benwah
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD: Attacking Sega with it now (prefab email ins

Here is an updated version of the email. I have adjusted some typographical errors and added in a bit of my own stuff as well. I hope the Op doesn't mind.

--------

Dear Sir or Madam,

Today, Shenmue 3 broke the all-time funding record in the video game category on Kickstarter. See the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/

Many Sega fans, to this day, consider Shenmue not only the greatest Sega franchise ever to be created but the greatest franchise ever. Shenmue 3 is scheduled to come to PS4 and PC in 2017.

If your CEO, Mr. Hajime Satomi was sincere with what he said about "trying to win back back fans' trust" in last week's Famitsu interview, starting with HD ports of Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 for PS4 and PC would be a great and probably cost-effective way to do that. The games' resolution would just have to be uspscaled and made widescreen. Other than that, not much would have to be done. Maybe some minor additions like a waiting option for Shenmue 1. Keeping in touch with YS Net who are currently developing Shenmue 3 and making the Shenmue 1 and 2 HD port's save state compatible with Shenmue 3 would be the icing on the cake.

Tens of thousands or perhaps even hundreds of thousands of old fans would come running back to Sega for that port. The strength of the Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 has shown that the appetite for Shenmue games is stronger than ever. This can also be seen on eBay where Shenmue merchandise and games are fetching above their original retail value! Creating HD ports would be not only a popular decision with the fans it would also be highly profitable as well.

Moreover, Shenmue 3, even though it is not going to be a Sega game, is still Sega's IP which they licensed to YS Net. Throughout the last four weeks, Shenmue 3 has repeatedly been making headlines in gaming media all over the world and even made it into the Guiness Book of Records. I think it would be a big image boost for Sega to make those Shenmue 1 and 2 ports and have their name associated with Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3 and the sensation it has stirred. Making those ports would get Sega positive headlines all over the world and it would be seen as something they have done for their fans.

Please, ladies and gentlemen, seize this chance and bring back Sega's old glory!

Sincerely,
by Benwah
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD: Attacking Sega with it now (prefab email ins

Yep it is the Kickstarter link that got messed up. I'm more than happy for you to have updated the text in your post.
by Benwah
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What amount would you be really happy at?

If they open up the possibility for increasing pledges after the Kickstarter I I'll definitely upping my total amount. My ego wants me to be prominently featured in the game, unfortunately my bank balance won't allow it at the minute.
by Benwah
Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What date did you beat Shenmue?

December 4th 2000 at about 4pm.
by Benwah
Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vote for Shenmue to get into Classic fm Hall of Fame

I saw this on the Team Yu Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/TeamYu/posts/1178265788852125/ ) and thought I'd share it with you guys. I didn't see it anywhere else so if it has been posted already please feel free to delete this thread.

http://halloffame.classicfm.com/2016/vote/
by Benwah
Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Submit your question for Eric Kelso interview

Not sure if this has been covered before, but has he actually played the Shenmue games?

Also, how does he feel about hearing his own voice when it is recorded? I have done a bit of amateur dramatics and I can't stand my own voice when I listen back to something.
by Benwah
Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Dreamcast Mini on the horizon

If a Dreamcast Mini came out I would buy one straight away. Here is my list of games I'd like to see.

Shenmue 1+2
Jet Set Radio
Crazy Taxi
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
Sonic Adventure 1+2
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Space Channel 5
Skies of Arcadia
Soul Caliber 2
Super Monkey Ball
Chu Chu Rocket
Grandia 2