Re: Shenmue Dojo Hosting

Donated all the way from the Uk. Every little helps
by Ikuzuh
Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote Ryo For Super Smash Bros!

My vote...Done

Would be so cool if we could get him in.

Special moves could be make cool
by Ikuzuh
Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue: The Novel - Chapter 2 - The Boat Voyage

Hey Guys, I have spent the last couple of weekends writing a short novel that fills in the blanks from the lost chapter in between Shenmue 1 & 2, chapter 2 the boat. I used the comic and the interview as a reference point but have fleshed out the story. I hope this goes down well with the Shenmue community. Please share this with as many people as you can & I would love to hear any feedback you guys have. Happy reading !

Setting his right foot on to the first of corrugated metal steps leading up to this grand vessel - the Genpu-Maru. Ryo took a deep breath, knowing once he takes his back foot off of the concrete floor of new Yokosuka harbour this will be the furthest he has been from Japanese soil. Slowly lifting his other foot onto the bottom step he begins to ascend as his feet clang and rattle the rickety staircase. Thoughts flooding his mind of those he would be leaving behind ; Ine-San, Fuku-San, Tom, Nozomi.. how would they cope without me around? he thought. "No!!" he said out loud to himself, this is not the time for emotion, I must focus. Having made his way to the top of the stairs Ryo turns to look back at his homeland one last time, taking in the sights and the sounds of the bustling harbour. Catching the eye of Master Chen and Gui Zhang whom are quietly watching him embark, bowing to them Ryo turns and walks aboard.

The booming horn of the Genpu-Maru sounded as she pulled out of new Yokosuka harbour, startling a young child on the top deck - who ran to her mothers arms. After a few seconds the child stepped back from her Mom and smiled, realising what the noise and now feeling a little silly. Xiaomei had always had a nervous disposition and used to get teased and jump scared all the time by her peers back in school in Dobuita. Jaingyu - Xiaomei mother, said "She has a loud horn doesn't she?" Grinning at Xiaomei. "Oh look dear, the sun is setting lets watch it together". So Mother and child sat holding hands, wind blowing through their hair, staring out at the expanse of blue sea and following the sun as it begin to dip below the horizon.

Xiaomei turns to her mother and asks "Mommy how long will this trip take?" "About 10 days I believe, we are traveling through the Pacific Ocean and into the East China Sea. Its quite a long journey" replied Jaingyu. Xiaomei sighed, thinking that she would now not see her father - whom she loved most in the world for quite some time. "But how comes Daddy couldn't come with us?" whimpered Xiaomei. Touching her on the shoulder reassuringly Jaingyu replies "Well your Father has to stay in Yokosuka for another few weeks to finish up his work, then he'll be returning home to help us set up our shop". "Well enough about that, how about we get some food and find a place on-board where we can exchange our money?" asked Jaingyu. "Yeah ok! And if there's a capsule toy machine can I get one?? "Xiaomei exclaimed excitedly. "Ok sure" laughed Jaingyu as they both headed inside.

Watching as the coastline of Japan slowly became a distant blurr Ryo stood at the stern of the ship engrossed in deep thought about his decisions over the last month that had led him down this path. Mindlessly rubbing his sore ribs in the process, "Ouch!!" he proclaimed running his hand over a particularly painful part of his side. I should probably get some ointment for this injury he thought. "That damn Chai" he said under his breath. Trying to put his mind on other things Ryo began fumbling around inside his jacket pocket, after a few seconds he pulled out three photographs looking over them one at a time. Smiling at the one of him and Nozomi at the Harbor and chuckling at the one taken at his house with all of his friends. His fathers final words began to echo in his mind giving Ryo goosebumps and made him move on to the final photo, one of himself, Fuku, Ine and his father Iwao. Staring intensely at the photograph Ryo thought to himself I will find Lan Di and punish him....but not before finding out what father had to do with all of this. "Father, who were you when you were my age?" he muttered. Thinking the evening air was becoming chilly he thought it best to head inside and try and find his cabin.

"Bye!!..Enjoy your trip and watch out for pickpockets with all that money on you" shouted and waved the jolly man behind the desk of the Japan Post Bank counter. "Er..Bye" mumbled Ryo as he walked away, thinking to himself what an overly friendly man. Ryo proceeded to walk down yet another long corridor recounting this unfamiliar currency he had just acquired. Having spent the last 15 minuets searching for his cabin but to no avail Ryo was beginning to feel a little frustrated, he stood still, closed his eyes and tried to compose himself. His ears then pricked up, hearing the distant sound of chatter and the clanking of food utensils coming from a room up ahead. "a cafeteria?.. Maybe someone in there can help me find my room" said Ryo. Walking with a brisk pace, now smelling a delightful aroma he thought to himself while I'm there I guess I should get a bite to eat, recently it feels as though I've only drunk Coca-Colas and haven't really eaten properly. He preceded through the double swinging doors into the bustling cafeteria.

Standing behind her Mom in a long, boring queue Xiaomei's mind began to wonder. She thought about her home back in Wan Chai and how much she was looking forward to seeing her beloved pet rabbit Sumi once again. I hope grandma has been taking good care of Sumi she thought as she shuffled herself forward behind her Mom once again. Becoming bored of waiting in line Xiaomei begins to look around, at first not seeing anything a 9 year old would consider interesting but then she spots it... a capsule toy dispenser. Eeking in delight Xiaomei turns and runs toward the machine weaving in between people in the busy cafeteria. Maybe I can win an Amy Rose out of that one, I really, really want one! thought Xiaomei as she squeezed herself past a rather large woman. She rushes up to the machine and pushes her face against the glass to try and catch a glimpse of the toys inside, fumbling around in her pockets she was sure she had been given a $5 coin by her mum after they changed up their Yen. "Ha found it" she exclaims as she places a single coin in the slot of the Sonic themed capsule toy dispenser. Crank, Crank, Pop. The capsule drops, a pair of small hands immediately reach in to retrieve it.

"Hi there, can I have two ramens please? With a Diet Coke and Xiaomei what would you like to drink?" said Jaingyu turning around to speak with her daughter. "Xiaomei?" Jaingyu's heart began to race and a cold rush swept over her. "Where is she? Xiaomei" She runs out of the queue pushing past anyone in her way shouting her daughters name. Then Whack!! Jaingyu's legs came out from under her and flew backwards sliding along the polished tiled floor. A tall man in a brown jacket rushed over to her and asked "Ah, are you okay? I, I didn't see you" Jaingyu shouted "watch where your going!". Ryo could see there was something troubling the woman, as her eyes began to well up with tears. Jaingyu grabs onto Ryo's outstretched arm and he helps her back to her feet. "I'm so sorry about that, are you okay?.. you look distressed" asked Ryo calmly. "No..Ive lost my daughter" wailed Jaingyu. "Ok let me help you find her ok?" Both ran around the heathing cafeteria looking frantically around, until Ryo notices a little figure standing at a capsule toy machine at the back of the room.

"Hey is that her over there" shouts Ryo to the woman as he points across the room. Both run up to the the little girl. "Xiaomei!" shouts Jaingyu who immediately wraps both arms around her . "Why did you run off like that huh?, you know your not supposed to leave my side...you had me so worried" said the woman. Ryo could see the woman was relieved as color began to return to her face. "Ok then, see ya" said Ryo N..No wait, thank you for helping me. What is your name?" asked Jaingyu "I am Ryo, Ryo Hazuki. replied Ryo. "Nice to meet you Ryo, its nice to see there are still good people left in this world. I'm Jaingyu and this is my daughter Xiaomei" said Jaingyu. "Hi" said Xiaomei who was still quite confused why she had suddenly been hugged and then shouted at. In her mind she just went to get a capsule toy and would be right back, she didn't understand what all the fuss was about. "Oh cool capsule toys I collect them too, what one have you got there?" asked Ryo. "Eerrrr.." said Xiaomei as she twisted apart the outer casing. "Oh!.. I didn't get the one I wanted, I wanted an Amy Rose, and look I got this ugly fat man instead" said Xiaomei sounding a bit deflated. "No you have it all wrong, thats the Eggman toy! That's a really rare one you could probably trade with someone for an Amy figure" said Ryo. "Ok then, well Xiaomei lets go and sit down. See you around Ryo" she said as they both walked away.

After being served his food Ryo sat at an empty table, pulled out his notebook and began to eat. Half and hour passes and Ryo had eaten three courses. He hadn't eaten that much in a long time. That should see me through for a while he thought. Scribbling down his last few words Ryo closes his notebook, his eyes felt heavy. "I should go and find my cabin and rest" said Ryo aloud as he made his way out of the cafeteria. Walking along a dimly lit corridor to the bottom deck of the ship Ryo passes a series of restricted access doors, he hears some loud banging and what he thought to be a yelp coming from a room up ahead labelled Pump Room. Ryo runs towards it and tries the handle, its locked. Clenching his fists and pounding them against door he yells "Is everything ok in there?". The noise abruptly stops, Ryo puts his ear to the door and listens for a minute. Only silence, "That's odd.. well maybe I imagined that. I am tired" says Ryo aloud noticing the echo of his voice in this particular part of the ship. Looking up ahead he finally spots a sign for the cabins, walking the way the sign directs Ryo pulls out at a scrap of paper with a room number on it; D-16. "Ok, it must be down here" Ryo says to himself. Turning left at the next corner Ryo spots his room and heads inside, removing his jacket and bag and lays down on the soft mattress. Flicking the light switch off he feels his eyes droop and he drifts off to sleep.

Shozo Michii works aboard the Genpu-Maru, if you asked any crew member about Shozo they would all say what a great person he is. Particularly those on the engineering team, whom he managed. "So Shozo, have you heard about that new camera that just came out? Asked Yoshika. "No, so tell me about it" replied Shozo "and hand me that wrench too". Rummaging through the toolbox Yoshika begins to talk about these new disposable cameras and how now everyone can have a camera for an affordable price. "When we dock in Aberdeen I'm going to try and buy one" said Yoshika. "Just don't go snapping any pervy photos of the women on board when you do get one. I know what your like" said Shozo half laughing as he spoke. Shozo began to climb down the ladder which Yoshika had been steadying and said "Ok all fixed. Now Yoshi you go on your break and I'll head down to the Pump room". "Ok boss but please don't call me Yoshi" said Yoshika as he walked away. Shozo collected his tools and headed downstairs to the pump room.

Shozo walked up to the door marked pump room, pulled out a bunch of keys and unlocked the large steel door. Thinking to himself what could be wrong with the bilge pump, if I don't get it fixed soon the whole ship will all be in trouble. He sets his toolbox down and began to fault inspect the pump, after a few minutes of tinkering he suddenly hears a strange noise coming from the dark corner of the room. He grabs for his torch and shines light over to where he thought the sound came from, he sees nothing. Shrugging his shoulders he focuses his attention back to the pump. Looking more thoroughly he thinks he sees something stuck inside of it, but from the distance he was at he struggles to see what it is. He leans in a little farther torch in hand and to his dismay he sees a long iron rod jammed into the pump preventing it from moving. "What sort of moron could have done this?" said Shozo aloud to himself reaching inside and pulling the iron rod free. The pump judders and clanks and begins to start back up.

"Heeegh Hehehe" echoed around the room as a thin, bald man wearing a mauve cloak drops from the ceiling. "It was I you foolish man. I have been trapped in this room for hours and I needed an escape plan and unfortunately for you, your it". Chai launches himself at Shozo grabbing him by his shirt, thrusting him against the wall then throws him across the room. Shozo's body hits the floor with an almighty thud. Chai darts over to the dazed Shozo and starts rummaging through his pockets, taking anything that he deems valuable. Shozo opens his eyes and is startled by the grotesque mans hands all over him and starts calling out "Help, Help me". Chai silences him with a couple of punches to the face, he then pulls Shozo to his feet and throws him over his shoulder. Shozos limp body soared through the air then.... Crack!! Shozos head had collided with a steel beam hanging from the ceiling, flipping and twisting his body around as he fell to the floor, his face covered in blood. Boom, Boom Boooom...Chai sharply turned around as he heard a loud banging at the door.. but did not move towards it. He stayed crouching, keeping perfectly still watching the door and waiting. After a minuet the noise stopped and Chai slowly approached towards the door, sensing the corridor outside was now empty he reached for the keys he had taken from Shozo and unlocked the door. Exiting the Pump Room he quickly closed the door behind him, jamming the key into the lock, locking the door and braking the key off inside of it. "Now to find that insolent boy and retrieve the mirror, so I can give it to Lan Di San in China" said Chai out loud to himself. He then jumps into the rafters and scuttles off into the darkness through a hatch in a wall shrieking as he goes.

Ryo finds himself surrounded by darkness, not knowing where he is.. all he does know is that he is outside, he can smell the damp, earthy aroma of a forest. Seeing a faint light in the distance he walks towards it, the light growing brighter by the second. After a while Ryo approaches a lake where the source of light seems to be radiating out from, there is a woman there..she feels familiar. As Ryo walks up to the waters edge - now standing besides this women, she begins to speak but Ryo cannot understand what she is saying. The woman then raises her arms and thousands of bright lights begin to emerge from the lake and gather above the water infornt of them. Ryo was enthralled by the scene gazing into the lights, but as his eyes began to focus he sees that the lights are actually thousands of firefly's who are beginning to fly towards him. Soaring through the night air at high speed, he can now hear their wings buzzing next to his ears, they must be right on top of me. Ryo falls to the floor, scrunches himself into a ball on the floor and closes his eyes.

"Ah!!" exclaimed Ryo as he opened his eyes, heart racing, breathing heavily and now looking at the ceiling of his cabin. A bead of sweat trickles down his forehead. "Wow that seemed so real, who is this womanl I keep dreaming of" Ryo whispered. Not able to get back to sleep as the sun was beginning to rise and the light was creeping in his cabin window, Ryo decided to get up. He thought I'll go out on the deck and I can practice my moves a little, don't want to get rusty. On his route up to the top deck Ryo did not see a soul, thinking to himself this ship is quite creepy being so silent. He hurried along, stepping outside and letting the fresh sea air fill his lungs "Ahhhhh..!!" he breathed.

"Lets get sweaty" Ryo announced for no apparent reason and started shadow sparing with himself. After a about five minuets he heard someone calling out, quickly turning to the direction of the voice Ryo saw a young man in a white uniform walking up to him. Ryo stood and watched as the man as he approached, noticing his distinct long flowing black hair and wispy moustache. "Hey there you, was that Jujitsu I saw you practicing?" spoke the man. "Er..Yes some of it is, its my family's style. The Hazuki style, which draws elements from multiple fighting styles" answered Ryo. "Hmmm... interesting" said the man. "My name is Jou Shiga and I am in charge of the catering on the Genpu-Maru, you may have tried my ramen last night. So I come up here early every morning to practice my martial arts, i study Karate. I saw you just as I was finishing up. Would you care for a quick sparing session?" asked Jou. Yeah why not, agreed Ryo. Both readied their stances and it began.

Flashes of colored light and what seemed like letters briefly flicker before Ryos eyes as he manages to dodge Jou Shiga's flurry of kicks and punches and skilfully jumps twice over his double leg sweep. Then catching him off guard Ryo lands a couple of well placed kicks followed up with a fierce palm blow knocking Jou to the ground. "Ouch, w..wow your good. What was that move?" asked Jou in awe. Ryo replied "Its called Stab Armour, its quite powerful when used at the right time". Jou picking himself up from the wooden decking, grinned at Ryo. "Well I gotta run now, have to start work shortly. But I have to know your name" said Jou. "Its Ryo, Ryo Hazuki" replied Ryo. "Ok see ya around Ryo" said Jou as he dashed away pushing his long black hair out of his face. Okay then....are all the people who work on this ship a little kooky thought Ryo letting out a chuckle. Ryo heads back inside for a well earned shower.

Seven days had passed aboard the Genpu-Maru and Ryo being a creature of habit stuck to his routine. Sparring in the mornings with Jou, eating in the cafeteria three times a day, buying countless capsule toys and playing many, many games of darts. Ryo was starting to get used to life at sea, but all the same couldn't wait until they reached Hong Kong so he could continue his journey. Meanwhile Chai had been searching the ship for Ryo but did not want to be seen by anyone whilst aboard, restricting the bulk of his movements to night time. It had taken him numerous days to locate Ryo who he found one evening playing outside on the deck with a young girl however he could not act at that time as there were too many passengers present. Tomorrow evening that's when I will make my move he thought.

"Yes we have made good time this trip, we're only about a day away now" said one crew member to another as he mopped the deck. "Yeah thats great, I cant wait to see my wife" replied the other. Ryo over heard two crew members speaking as he walked by and felt rush of excitement at the news they were close, Ryo had so many questions and they could only be answered in China. Ryo thought to himself he had trained and eaten well today so he deserved a little fun and headed to the recreation room to have a few games of darts. As he stood at the oche ready to throw his first dart Jaingyu burst into the Recreation room looking particularly distressed. "Ryo, Ryo have you seen Xiaomei? I cant find her anywhere, I've looked all over the ship". "No Jaingyu I have not seen her today, Erm..when was the last time you saw her?" asked Ryo. Jaingyu began crying as she spoke "About two hours ago just after we had lunch, I turned my back for seconds and she was gone". Ryo looks Jaingyu in the eyes and says "it will be okay we'll find her I promise, you go and speak with the captain I'll start looking around ok?". Jaingyu nods and heads back off out of the recreation room. Ryo sets the darts down and thinks to himself if I were a 9 year old girl where would I go, he heads out of the Rec room to search for Xiaomei.

Ryo runs and checks in the cafeteria, the shopping department, the bathrooms and the toilets and still no sign of Xiaomei. Ryo hurries down a corridor as he heads towards the cabins thinking Xiaomei may have returned to her room. When Ryo hears a familiar, daunting voice. "Heeegh Heegh What are you in such a rush for..Ey Boy?!" Ryo stops in his tracks, taking a moment to process what he has heard. Ryo turns towards the voice and sees Chai standing at the end of the corridor that he had just come from. "What the hell are you doing here..I defeated you back on the harbor" shouted Ryo. "No Boy!! It is I that will defeat you and deliver you to Lan di San. The great Chai is not so easily beaten" cackled Chai. Ryo launches himself at Chai, but he dodges Ryos attacks and says "Do you know why I will defeat you boy? Because you are too emotional - I have your little friend and if you want to save her you will have to catch me" shouts Chai as he scurries around a corner and up a flight of stairs. Ryo heads after him in hot pursuit however once he reaches the top of the staircase and emerges on the top deck Chai is no where to be seen. Ryo spins around, his eyes darting around for some clue to where Chai fled off to. "Whaaa! - Mommy.. Help " Ryo hears from the rear of the ship. "Is that Xiaomei?" Ryo says as he runs towards the voice.

Ryo sees Xiaomei tied up to the railings of the rear of the ship, suspended only by a thin rope dangling over the threshold above the cold sea water below. "What a monster! Xiaomei I'm coming for you" shouted Ryo as he ran towards her. Ryo had not even gotten half way towards her when he felt sharp blow to the chest draining all of the air in his lungs. Chai had jumped from a platform above spearing Ryo from behind. Ryo shook his head and lifted himself up off of the floor dodging one of Chai's advances in the process. Ryo and Chai circle one another for a moment waiting for each other to attack first, Ryo thrusts his legs around in quick flurry of kicks all which are blocked by chai - who counters Ryo by grabbing him and drop kicking him away. Ryo manages to land on one knee and immediately lunges back in Chai's direction this time not attacking just waiting to see Chai's reaction. Perfect thought Ryo. Chai raised his arms to block what he thought would be an upper body attack as Ryo drops to the ground sliding at high speed towards Chai's feet. Ryo takes Chai's feet out from under him and kicks him into the ships railings. Chai pulls out something, a pair of gloves and places them over his hands. Not ordinary gloves though gloves with sharp claws attached - swipe after swipe Chai was attacking more and more franticly now and Ryo was having trouble dodging and manoeuvring around his attacks. Swoosh..Chai dove and span backwards towards Ryo slicing his left arm with his talons. Ryo saw red, he had now had enough. He looked over at Xiaomei and could see her struggling to get free from her restraints, however if she succeeded she would plummet into the icy water. Ryo thought ok I need to finish this quickly and save Xiaomei. Ryo took a deep breath and did not exhale for what seemed like an eternity, blocking Chai's kicks, dodging his swipes and waiting for his moment.. Now!!! his mind shouted at him. Ryo span and performed a spinning Cyclone kick knocking back Chai on to the rickety railings once again. Ryo pelted up to him, already knowing what he must do. Ryo readied his form and unleashed a devastating Elbow assault launching Chai over the rails and out into the cold water below. Chai shrieking echoed as he plummeted down into the dark blue water.

Ryo exhaled, watching the bubbles and foam fizz for a moment to see if a head would emerge from the choppy water, nothing. Oh Xiaomei thought Ryo, he ran over, untied the ropes and lifted her back over the railings onto the wooden decking and held her to his chest. Her cheeks were red, skin icy to the touch and tears were streaming down her face. Ryo tried to comfort her telling her "Its all okay now, your safe and your Mom will be here any second". And literally on queue Jaingyu comes running up the stairs screaming Xiaomeis name. She throws herself at both Ryo and Xiaomei holding herself against them sobbing. After a moment Ryo gets up and Xiaomei and Jaingyu continue to hold one another. Jaingyu looks up at Ryo and croaks "Thank you Ryo, Thank you so very much.. I don't know how I can repay you". "There's no need.. really, what matters is Xiaomei is safe and that creep wont be bothering anyone ever again" said Ryo whilst clutching his hand over his cut arm. Jaingyu replies "well please go now and get that treated by the ships nurse, ok?" Yes I'll go there now, you two should come inside too its cold out here" says Ryo as he walks back down the staircase into the lower levels of the ship.

"Oh thats a nasty cut you have there my boy" said the plump nurse as she began cleaning the wound. "How did you manage that then?" "I don't think you would believe me if I told you" replied Ryo. "You young boys with your secrets, well next time be more carefully. I have stitched it and bandaged it up, you should be fine as long as you don't do anything silly like arm wrestling with your friends" said the nurse. "Thank you" replied Ryo as he bowed and exited the room. Jaingyu and Xiaomei were sitting in chairs outside in the corridor both holding a warm cup of green tea. Here Ryo said Jaingyu as she handed a cup to Ryo, "You are so kind" said Ryo smiling at them both. "Ryo we dock in the morning but if you get an opportunity whilst your in China please stop by and visit us in the Lucky Charm Quarter, we are going to open up a tailor shop. If you would like I could measure you up for a nice new suit?..It would be on the house of course" said Jaingyu. "Er maybe, to the suit I mean. I will definitely try and stop by one day" replied Ryo grinning. "Ok then lets head off to bed then shall we?" said Jaingyu as the two walked off down the hallway. Ryo thought it best to retire to the bedroom also and headed to his room for some well earned sleep.

The squawks of seagulls woke Ryo the next morning, "Wow 11:30" said Ryo. Hurrying out of bed and beginning to get dressed and packed, Ryo thought to himself I'm actually glad they woke me I must have forgotten to set my alarm. All ready he headed up and out of the ship and emerged on the top deck. It was a particularly hot day he could feel the hot midday sun on his skin. Ryo strolled over to the front of the boat squinting to look through the glare of the sunshine, he saw faint outlines of small green roofed sailing boats out on the water in front of him. I'm finally here thought Ryo as the tall buildings along the coast became visible. The Genpu-Maru's horn boomed as they drew in closer to the dock. Ryo waited in line by the edge of the boat where the metal steps would soon be attached for the passengers to disembark. Ryo's were eyes were darting around at the interesting foreign scenery that surrounded the vessel as the workers began to bolt the steps to the side of the boat. Ryo took a deep breath and began to walk down the steps, knowing his journey had only just began...
by Ikuzuh
Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue AM2 Podcast

Great podcasts guys, I have listened to all 4 back to back & really like em. Please keep them up!!
by Ikuzuh
Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very good episode guys, love all your passion. Great guest episode. Maybe you could also consider getting other guests from YouTube who are Shenmue enthusiasts to make an appearance on your future podcasts. Adam Koralik, Shane from Rerez, Happy Video Gamer, Dave from Gamesack, James from That Video Game Show or even Peter from the Dojo; who could talk about his backer tier trip to Japan with Yu-San.

Fan topics/questions could also be a nice feature :)

Keep pumping these out guys, they continue to make my commute to work way more enjoyable.

Happy Holidays!!
by Ikuzuh
Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which Shenmue should I buy? US or EU?

Grab the Pal version as your save data from Shenmue 1 can be transferred over to Shenmue 2 PAL
by Ikuzuh
Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: High quality Shenmue 3 images (help?)

Amazing, thanks so much. Gotta love the community
by Ikuzuh
Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

High quality Shenmue 3 images (help?)

Hi there guys

I am after high quality images of a particular image which was released by YsNet, it is the one of the Shenmue tree (as linked below). I am after printing this out and framing it however the company I want to use suggests the image size should be atleast 500kb for a jpeg and the only one i could find is around 200kb.

Does anyone have any links to a better quality version of this?

Thanks a lot for any help.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcNTFFFVIAAS_76?format=jpg&name=large
by Ikuzuh
Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great episode guys, I look forward to episode 13 to hear your thoughts in Shenmue 3 theories
by Ikuzuh
Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: La Odisea De Shenmue - English Translation

Odyssey of Shenmue - Introduction- Page 6

And finally all of you across the globe who have kept the flame of Shenmue burning all these years by sharing anecdotes in forums, uploading videos, creating wikis, analysing rumours and recommending friends to play the game ... You, who has not stopped believing for a single moment this journey we are on is over. To you, I thank you very much.
by Ikuzuh
Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: La Odisea De Shenmue - English Translation

The Shenmue Odyssey - Page 20- Chapter 1

Suzuki had a great impact with the arcade machines of the 80s, that through revolutionary techniques for the time they gave the feeling of depth, immersion and movement of the player himself. Later, he led the way for the jump from 2D to 3D, with impressive titles that had a great influence even in the development of the hardware for that generation. And finally with Shenmue, something that changed the domestic market of videogames, abandoning quick arcade creations to favour deep games with absorbing universes and total immersion of the user. As he says in many of his interviews, the Japanese creative is aware and proud of everything that has contributed to the video game industry. In addition, despite his apparent dip in his career, he has been awarded twice: in March 2011 he received the "Pioneer" award from the Game Developers Conference and in 2014 he received the "Legend Award" from Gamelab Barcelona.

In the end, Yu Suzuki refuses to not have the last word. During those years of disappearance after Shenmue, when it seemed that he had already dedicated himself to making mobile games to make a living without major concerns, in fact he was machining and negotiating nonstop to finish the his beloved franchise and give it a dignified end. For a man of such perfection, to finish what is his masterpiece to date is almost obsessive, especially when he knows that millions of users are asking him incessantly. E3 2015 saw the announcement of the much-desired Shenmue Ill, with the result that all the hard work and support of the fans finally came true. And that 15 years after its European launch and 16 after its Japanese release, the franchise continued to be on the front cover of magazines and still be in the news shows that Shenmue is a different and very special game, a work of art that has changed the way most players and developers perceive video games, and we hope to do it justice in this book.

Ramon Méndez
by Ikuzuh
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Shenmue 3 Ryo's face with Passport Ryo's hairstyle and adjusted coloration comparison #2:

https://s17.postimg.org/7t4wtlxmn/hayrry.png

So uhm...? This seems pretty good to me?

Now that's the Ryo I know and love, if those tweaks were made I'd be ecstatic. The hair is the main issue, Ryo's barnet should be black, with a waxed sheen with that OG feathered look. Good stuff Verderame!

Also remember guys there is also the possibility that Yu Suzuki originally intended the character models to look like these but due to hardware limitations of the time couldn't realise his vision until now.

Let's wait till Gamescom and see what's unveiled before getting all crazy.
by Ikuzuh
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Apart from a few new added scenes with new characters... Finally I can talk about what my eyes saw when my jaw hit the floor!!!!

SWEET RELEASE!!! THE FUCKING CAVE IN GLORUOUS 1080P

Ah so Pete if you have seen the majority of this first teaser trailer at the backer dinner in Sept 16 then that must go to prove that the majority of this footage is almost a year old. So I deduce from that development Must actually way further ahead in many aspects which will probably be shown in a second trailer released a short time in the future. So to those negative haters I say "do one".

I must have rewatched that trailer about 15 times, it gives me goosebumps every time. The motion capture for those fight sequence is amazing, so fluid and smooth. I literally cannot wait for more.
by Ikuzuh
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Earliest possible (in-game date) completion?Speedrun rec

Mr357 & Bluemue you guys knowledge is Top notch
by Ikuzuh
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic