Search found 445 matches

Return

Gamescom 2017: The Shenmue Master's Recap

https://i.imgur.com/2LwRfgP.jpg

Prior to the upcoming publishing of their interview with Yu Suzuki, Trent and Shendream from Shenmuemaster.fr have written a recap of what we learnt from the Gamescom event, divided into the following parts:

Deep Silver: The Origins and Nature of the Partnership
The Different Interviews With Yu Suzuki At Gamescom
An "Open World" Game With Enhanced Content
The Gamescom Teaser
MOCAP or Motion Capture
The Story's Main Themes
The Environment
New Characters
QTE And Fights
Mini Games And Part Time Jobs
The Current State Of The Development
The Shenmue III Staff
The Connection With The Shenmue I and Shenmue II Stories
Game Lifespan
Music And Dubbing
Start Menu And Shenmue Logo
Demo Trial And DLC
HD Remasters
Miscellaneous
Conclusion

You can read my humble translation of it here:
http://shenmuemaster.fr/page.php?cat=shenmue3&page=gamescom-2017-the-recap
by Yokosuka
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: worries about the physical edition of shenmue 3

mjq jazz bar wrote: Can you get rid of that annoying signature?

Use adblock my friend.
by Yokosuka
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

I just watched the Shenmue Master video. What's Cedric said:

"We'll unveil the new steps, images, mechanics, etc"
"I did play the game recently. It's a beautiful game. At Magic, we'll see the game in motion, as beautiful as the screens you're seeing"
by Yokosuka
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #79: MAGIC 2018 Participation Info

I read my email history and it's the first time they talk about Magic 2018. In addition, I knew that Yu Suzuki will be there but I was not sure whether there would be a conference so I do appreciate the clarification.
by Yokosuka
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*Kenshin Himura* wrote:

^Interesting.. I like it but I need a HD version of this trailer with better quality. QTE system looks good and Ryo's persona seems more brighter.

That's the best I could find.

phpBB [video]
by Yokosuka
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So again, people are accusing Cedric of teasing/hinting about showing new gameplay, and again there's a lot of anger going around. Maybe it's like I had said before that just maybe when Cedric said (paraphrasing) "I'm playing it now, I don't know about fans" he was just being honest? No, couldn't be. That's not to say there is no blame to around, cause there is, when he said I think last year that "fans would finally see the game in motion at Monaco 2018" he should understand what that implies. But his comments this week specifically? That's fans overhyping things and getting disappointed.

I appreciate you're defending Cedric because he surely needs it. I always backed him because, as a native French speaker, I can feel by instinct he's 100% honest, and his interest in Shenmue as a gamer is truly authentic. Today however, I feel disappointed by him.
First, I heard that fans in the room could not understand a single word because the promised English translator was not there. Secondly, Yu looked exhausted. I hope Cedric didn't employ Yu as a stopgap solution for his event because there's really no reason he would cross the planet to make a repeat of the GDC Postmortem 2014 as Shenmue Master ironically said on live.
Thirdly, here we go, the "in motion" thing. How he could contradict himself so easily? I believe something wrong happened in the last moments, with Cedric and Yu getting a last say from Deep Silver "What? You're going to show gameplay content to public? No, not now!!!". As usual since the beginning of the project, it's hard to get a fair opinion with so few information.
by Yokosuka
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My fav bit of the trailer:

Too bad I don't know how to make gifs. There's a lot of good little sequences there (turtle, arcade, npcs, night market, ryo combat pose).
by Yokosuka
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know how the QTES in the video work? I see a blue orb with a yin/yang symbol but there aren't any button prompts or anything. Is it just press any button?

I like Shenmue 2 style QTEs that are basically fighting game input combos.

Sound QTE. A specific sound leads you to push the right button. They're prototypes. Explained in Gameblog's interview with Yu at Gamescom.

Technophilz: very good find, I did not even noticed lol
by Yokosuka
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Spaghetti found the pics in 1080p:

by Yokosuka
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

I just sent a message on Kickstarter requesting some kind of Q&A session for backers. Obviously, Yu Suzuki is too busy for such a thing, but surely they can get someone from the team to take some questions. I think that would boost morale a little bit. They really need to start talking to the fans.

They're under NDA. Answering tricky Q&As may be quite a tiring exercise for them.
by Yokosuka
Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

What do you guys think about the new characters introduced since the deal with Lakshya Digital?

Personally, I love them! I would never have dreamed of such beautiful characters to be honest.

https://i.imgur.com/ylWpA5H.png

https://i.imgur.com/l4QFq2u.png

https://i.imgur.com/4mlliIe.png

Thanks for the transparent renders.
by Yokosuka
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo and Shenhua can't possibly retain their Shenmue 1/2

what made Yu Suzuki think that it had to be that way since it's obviously much a brighter yellow colour?

Shenhua is expected to change her clothes everyday - at least on a regular basis - so maybe... The Shenmue III screenshots may take place the day after they discovered the cave secret entrance. If you give the Saturn CGI artworks a look, you'll check her wardrobe.

Regarding Ryo, I genuinely think the Online model is great if not the best:

https://i.imgur.com/hM1oV8Q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ofcNPZA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HKas3J3.jpg
by Yokosuka
Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I just took a look at kickstarter's page and the comments section is a madness as always. Same people as always talking same shit as always...

In other order of things, I played for a while the game Sleeping Dogs and has some resemblances of Shenmue but I got bored of it soon. There aren't games today that attract my attention today, just a few, but only Shenmue gets me as hyped as when I was a child, I await for this game with much ilusion (listening Shenmue OST while I write this words).

I can't wait to have the game in my hands, I'll shed a tear for sure..

Deadly Premonition: X360/PC
Yakuza 0: PS4
Shadow of Destiny: PSP/PS2/Xbox/PC

To a lesser extent:
Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim
Life Is Strange 1
Animal Crossing
by Yokosuka
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (APRIL FOOLS) Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

It's so cool that I added the game to my "collection".

8-[
by Yokosuka
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

Is it the official boxart? Where does it come ffrom?
by Yokosuka
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

24.99 would have been a fairer price but I'm relieved not to see Sega making a dumb decision.
by Yokosuka
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I'm pretty much done with your toxicity and constant negative attitude. This is your last..... Last warning. It's not 2012 anymore, and the toxic place this once was, isn't what it's like anymore. Not as long as I own it. Change the attitude or find another site to visit.
The aspect ratio and eye movement are WRONG. Does your hate blind you so much to deny objective facts noticed by others on this board the very first day the trailer was made public?

Have you read the line on the video? It's WIP. We cannot know if it's an error yet.
by Yokosuka
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

Shenmue will be the first game where I do care about achievements so I'm fine with any idea.
by Yokosuka
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

phpBB [video]

Rofl
by Yokosuka
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will the audio be improved in the HD version?

An example of what an improved track audio may sound
phpBB [video]

The recorder does sound way cooler than the compressed one!

phpBB [video]
by Yokosuka
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Article

Allan, I've something very important to tell you:

by Yokosuka
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic