Search found 7 matches

Return

Revisited after 10 years or so

I just played through Shenmue on my dremcast again after about 10 years or more. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time. They say you can never go home, but revisiting the people and places in that game was like visiting a place where time stood still. But after all these years I had a better appreciation of some aspects and other things I missed. Glad to find a forum for this classic and influential game. Thanks.
by Ukulele Joe
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 9-9-99! Almost the 15 year dreamcast anniversary

I still love Crazy Taxi and the X box live version is missing all the music and sponsors. It's no fun without Pizza Hut and a Fila store. It's saddens me to see the horrendous phone version of it they just came out with. Jet Set Radio was fantastic. It had such an amazing art style.
by Ukulele Joe
Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shenmue Art Exhibit

The 15 year release anniversary is coming fast. I'm an artist and do a lot of game related work and book illustrations. This November I'm doing a full exhibit of shenmue inspired work. It will be held in Minnesota but I'll be sure to post the works online for viewing. I'll give more info on this post as things develop. Look at my Avatar for a sample of one of the paintings. Thanks!
by Ukulele Joe
Mon May 11, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue Art Exhibit

Don't say that name so loud. I have a Goro painting. I have it posted on my twitter @kurokumoclutch
by Ukulele Joe
Sun May 31, 2015 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Art Exhbit next week! Prints now available.

Hey everyone. I posted a while back about an upcoming Shenmue 15 anniversary U.S release exhibit. It's being held next Sunday. It features 20 water colors from the first game. I made postcard sized prints of all the works. I'm selling the prints as a group. 20 prints for $25 plus shipping. You can see some of the works and follow the show on my twitter @kurokumoclutch It's being held appropriately at a retro game store here in Duluth Minnesota. We will be playing through the game and some other Dreamcast classic while eating Tom inspired hot dogs and drinking local craft beer. It will be a great event. Please take look and message me if you want to see more. Thanks. "Now let's get sweaty."

Joe
by Ukulele Joe
Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Art Exhbit next week! Prints now available.

Ah, that's a good idea. I'll have to do that. I'm setting up the show next week. I'll be sure to get some video of the prints also. Thanks.
by Ukulele Joe
Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue - 15th Anniversary Art Exhibit & Prints

I'll be setting up the show tomorrow and I'll get some video and photos. I can't wait until Sunday when we fire start a New Game file and play it through again. I think there is some sort of drinking game being devised. Maybe anytime someone tells Ryo they don't have time to talk you take a drink? Or every time you encounter the drunk guy in the yellow shirt you drink? Thoughts? The local Hot Dog shop is catering in hot dogs with various toppings to experiment with. The best combination will be named "The Tom" and be added to the menu to commemorate the event! I'm glad there is a Shenmue community online. Maybe after Sunday we can grow the local fan base a bit too.
by Ukulele Joe
Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic