Search found 1 match

Return

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Hello people on board!

I heard about Shenmue vaguely in the past and found a playthrough video of the first Shenmue around 2 weeks ago.
I knew that it was an interesting game, but never searched about it until recently.

It is a bit crazy to be able to find playthroughs of hundreds of games on Youtube. It takes much time in a day to watch this and you see only the major parts of the game, usually.

So, I got absorbed by the story and how the game was made with its very immersive environment.
The fable of a young and very determined guy.
I found a playthrough of Shenmue II also and was simply amazed and touched by such a piece of art.
It is so rare to see the last chapter of a game to be in a place like Guilin, a long walk to Bailu Village without having to fight and just to appreciate all this generous scenery and company of this new friend on the way.

I agree that it gives somehow an interesting immersion in japanese and chinese culture. With legends and stories with many symbolic elements. It gives a very rich experience.

I am surprised to see that many people still contribute to keep alive these games. Even to find two different people who litterally did a 'pilgrimage' of Shenmue. Such a cult game!

I do not play much video games now, but I am very enthusiastic to see very interesting concepts that have been made. And even if I haven't played these two games for real, I feel that they are kinda special.

Good to see a vast source of informations of Shenmue here.
Thanks for sharing and keeping this alive!
by Benoît
Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic