Search found more than 1852 matches

Return

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: confronting the 4 bosses.....

^I feel like the Guilin section of Shenmue is going to the equivalent of the training montage from Rocky. All we need to do is find Shenhua a bike and we're golden.
by Thief
Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

Everyone should tweet to Yu Suzuki and Cedric Biscay for Joel Tess as NPC in Shenmue III. I saw a few tweets for that. He should be drinking a Fanta of course.
by Doom_Infinite
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

2 words - Yu Suzuki.

That's who's hands this project is in. With the original members of the Shenmue series to date. This will look like a Shenmue game. Feel like a Shenmue game. Sound like a Shenmue game. Have environments like a Shenmue game.

I don't give a shit what the final amount is, the money will come from somewhere. The litmus test of the Kickstarter has been successful, with all sorts of records set once again by the franchise. We are all gonna set Shenmue 3, with boxes of Shenmue goodies delivered to our door to boot. Id day it's a safe assumption that Sega will want to grab the easy money and release Shenmue and Shenmue HD in 2016. I'd hazard a guess it's already been green lit. Why wouldn't it?? Sega have money there waiting to be given to them!

It's a fucking fantastic time to be a Shenmue fan, the best time ever! From Kikizo articles, to darkness. From "we'll see" and "I think Sega will let me make it". From photos of Suzuki looking tired and dejected, to photos of forklifts and him walking onto the Sony stage to the fanfare of Sedge Tree. Fuck "we only made 8.5k", and "ooohhh well Bloodstained....". Fuck some goober acting a pillock on camera for an hour!

Sorry for the language but rant over!

It's Shenmue 3!!!!!
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

I've just put up two additional languages on the $30 on the 3rd site. Thanks to sand4fish and PacemaŜinobo for translating the info to French and Portuguese. Please share the site to your friends who speak one of those languages if they don't speak English. I'll add more languages if someone wants to translate the text for me. Languages are selected right above the text about the campaign.

Thanks!
by elfshadowreaper
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm sure the farmers don't give a damn

Shenmue III will open with the 2 giant mirrors rolling back to reveal a tomb filled with piles of carrots far as the eye can see.

Ryo will have to protect his carrot horde from the Chi-You-Men.
by SMDzero
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm sure the farmers don't give a damn

Lan Di: Do you remember this carrot?

Iwao: Carrot?

Lan Di: This is the carrot you used to kill Sun Ming Zhao!

Iwao: It can't be... that carrot!!

Lan Di: Get up, I'm going to stick this carrot where the sun don't shine!

Iwao: Forgive me.. for making you.. eat..

Ryo: Wha.. what are you saying?! Father!

Iwao: Your carrots... keep carrots... those you eat.... away from your bum.
by SMDzero
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Google Hangout Session with Yu Suzuki

Right guys after the embarassing twitch interview Yu Suzuki had recently with Awesome Japan, I thought of an intricate idea in order to help promote Shenmue in a better way. Even though I believe most of the questions regarding the content of Shenmue 3 or kickstarter project have been asked.

It would be great if we could do an interview/live Q&A session with Yu Suzuki via google hangouts. The session can be hosted exclusively by Shenmue dojo or we can get a member from each the dojo, Shenmue Masters and team Yu to take part in the session alongside Yu Suzuki.

Maybe if we can tweet Cedric Biscay or Yu Suzuki himself to see if we can get something set up because I would really love to do this the right way and give Shenmue better awareness.

The format should be set up in the following way:
1) Yu Suzuki - Humble Beginnings!
2) Ascension of 3D gaming ala Virtua Fighter and Shenmue.
3) Shenmue 1 and 2
4) Shenmue 3 and kickstarter project.
5) Future of Shenmue
6) Q & A session for fans
by Abz
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Message From Lisle Wilkerson

http://i.imgur.com/2Z4zDWy.jpg

We've been communicating with Lisle Wilkerson over the announcement of Shenmue III and she's just as happy as all of us that it is going to become a reality. Below is a personal message from her to all of the fans.

“Hey Shenmue fans!!! It’s Lisle Wilkerson, the English voice actor for Xiuying Hong, Joy, and Yuan from Shenmue II.
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your undying support over the years! I have always loved running into Shenmue fans at the cons I go to around the world.

And I know that you guys have been waiting for Shenmue III for a VERY LONG TIME! So I am so very happy that you guys are finally getting it!!!

Hopefully we will be able to be a part of the Shenmue III game. : )

It is a VERY happy day! xoxo Lisle"
by Yama
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GameTrailers trying to organise Suzuki interview

I tweeted Michael Huber and GameTrailers about doing a Skype interview w/ Suzuki-san, seems they're trying :)

https://twitter.com/MichaelPHuber/statu ... 1038273536
by Amir
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Response from Joel "The Red Shirt Guy" Tess & Awesome Japan

I made attempts at contacting the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter team regarding the explanation of stretch goals, new rewards, VO choice and budget, redoing the video campaign, the reason for the choice of multiple playable characters and how to reel in the general gaming community when most never even heard of the first two games.

My plead yielded the following reply:

Hello,

Very sorry for not getting back sooner! Ok, here we go:
Stretch Goals - Thank you! We are working on it! Trying to be more specific with the SGs and will try to get the explanations moved over. Mr. Suzuki does not want to get too deep without giving all the story away!
Mirrors - Trying!
Video - Still very early development, so there is not much game footage yet. As for scene requests... I think we will have to leave that up to Mr. Suzuki. Again can't give away the story!
At the current stage of funding, it is still hard to know how much voicing there will be. There have been lots of comments for language switching and Mr. Suzuki is aware of the situation.
Why multiple characters? Mr. Suzuki has stated this is one of the things that he really wants to do with Shenmue 3. Will definitely let him know though!
Why care about Shenmue 3? Got it. You are very right. Top priority now getting the message across. We will have the page updated soon.
More rewards? Yes working on them now. Thank you for the ideas!

Thank you very much, please keep your ideas coming, because they will keep us going forward.

Joel &
the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Team

PS. I did not question the integrity of the work done by his team, because I believe it's counter-productive and unnecessary at this point.
by sand4fish
Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*UPDATE*SEGA Nerdcast w/ Lisle Wilkerson, Corey Marshall...

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11010997_10152955672747544_5478721976921364530_o.jpg

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you all a heads up (and perhaps a front page worthy post) of another podcast we're doing This Friday July 3rd at 9 pm. CT (7 pm PST). We will have a very special SEGA Nerdcast featuring Corey Marshall (Ryo Hazuki), Eric Kelso (Ren, Fuku-san, Guizhang), and Lisle Wilkerson (Xiuying, Joy, Yuan)!

Lisle also helped us get into contact with Paul Lucas, who has voiced Lan Di and Chai. Hope to see you guys there!

Just like last time, if you have any questions you'd like to ask any one of them, or a group question or whatnot, post them below and we'll try to ask them on the show!
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

Even if small, it's effecting the campaign in some way. People love to think they're on the inside of information, the ignorant believe in conspiracy theorist ramblings that 2+2=5, throw them a bone and they'll go after it. The second the mainstream gets a hold of information like this, they think they know better and see it as another major corporation trying to screw them. Again, even if small, every bit counts and this is definitely a negative that we don't need. The point that it's still occurring is baffling.
by Yama
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II too big ?

I don't think Shenmue II was too big, I think the game needed to be to truly convey Ryo's journey from "hometown" to foreign metropolis. The player should feel lost at first. But I do think SII's epic size detracted from the intricate details which made Shenmue so immersive. For me, NPC routines, Ryo's forklift job, waiting (whether you like it or not) made the original game feel more like an "experience", almost a life simulator (well, for a 1999 videogame anyway).

The terrible jobs in II and overly helpful NPC's sorta dented the true "immersion factor" for me. I know HK / Kowloon are big environments, but the NPC guide feature felt really strange. Who guides a complete stranger across 3 Quarters, walking 5 paces ahead of them and making no conversation? Apparently everyone!

Detail / scope is a trade off I guess. I know I'm dreaming now, but if they can balance the size of II with the immersion of I in Shenmue III, I'll die happy.
by Mystere
Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

No there are some things that aren't quite clear.

Is the PS4 exclusivity already decided if so why not clarify it in the FAQ?

Will there be a choice between Japanese and English dubs?

Who are current potential candidates for developing the PC port?

Short answer will Shenmue III contain VF style battles or not?

Among other things.
by Doom_Infinite
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue

http://i.imgur.com/zFOlFS6.jpg

A new teaser trailer for the upcoming Shenmue documentary was released today. A film by Adam Sipione and Definitive Films. Please share this video everywhere!

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #10milliontoShenmue3
Shenmue Documentary Trailer | Fauxpop Media | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter
by Ziming
Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Dude if you gotta pull out, pull out. I don't think anyone would be mad at you for it.
by elmatto
Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Guy Speaks!

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Sympathize with Shenmue Fans - A Kotaku Article

You gotta be kidding me if you think I'm going to click that. Kotaku should be put out of business.
by Phong
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You should copy and paste the article contents because I'm not going to click that shit.
by Himuro
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For those that don't want to click.

This article is by Jason Schreier, He is not the author of the cover art article, that was Phil Owen.

One day in late 2013, I woke up to dozens of e-mails and Twitter messages from people with accounts like “@Shenmue5K” and “@SaveShenmue.” They wanted me to help them save Shenmue, a video game series I’d barely heard of.

I’d just interviewed Sony VP of publisher/developer relations Adam Boyes at the PS4 launch event, see, and he’d brought up Shenmue as one of the top entries on their big list of third-party games to revive on PlayStation platforms. Given that the last Shenmue game came out in 2001—and that the chances of us ever seeing a third game seemed beyond dismal—the mention came as a shock to a whole lot of Shenmue fans. Loud Shenmue fans.

“Please help us save Shenmue,” they’d tweet at me, at Boyes, and at anyone else who would listen. Again. And again. And again and again and again.

Two years later, these hardcore fans have finally pulled it off. Against all odds—and thanks to the crowdfunding power of Kickstarter, a platform that mitigates creators’ financial risk by placing it in the hands of tens of thousands of fans—Shenmue III is actually happening. Well, it’s theoretically happening—some Kickstarters never quite come to fruition, and skepticism is usually warranted. (At the very least, we should be skeptical of that “December 2017” estimated release date—almost all Kickstarter games are delayed beyond their estimated targets.)

Forget about the drawbacks of crowdfunding for a second, though. Think about how remarkable it is that this is even a possibility. When Shenmue and its sequel came out in 1999 and 2001, respectively, rumors pegged them as two of the most expensive games ever made. Although Shenmue II ended on a brutal cliffhanger, director Yu Suzuki had trouble getting a third game off the ground, and over the following years he’d suffer through multiple Shenmue III cancellations before finally leaving Sega in 2011. (In 2010 he released Shenmue City, a Japan-only social game that nobody wanted and that would go on to close after a year.)

The first game sold well; the second didn’t. But they both resonated with people, and somehow, after years upon years of teasing and speculation, Suzuki has A) put together a licensing agreement with Sega; B) convinced Sony to help publish; and C) launched a Kickstarter that became the fastest ever to hit $1 million. This all for a Sega Dreamcast series most people have never heard of—a series that was trending on Twitter throughout the first two days of E3.

It’s only because of those crazy Shenmue fans—the ones with weird Twitter handles and incessant pestering messages—that a third game is happening. If Shenmue fans weren’t so outspoken, constantly bugging Boyes on Twitter and reminding Suzuki that, yes, there are people still waiting to see the end of Ryo Hazuki’s story, there’s no way any of this could’ve occurred. Shenmue would’ve just been another casualty of the Japanese game industry.

I’ve never played any of the Shenmue games, but I can certainly relate to the attachment. Back in the 90s, I discovered a series with an even worse title that would also go on to become a cult classic: Suikoden. Suikoden changed my life. Suikoden II, chock full of translation gaffes and errors, made me realize that video games can tell emotionally resonant stories in a way no other medium can. Suikoden III persuaded me to fake sick and stay home from school for a week. Suikoden IV was kinda disappointing, sure, but Suikoden V was a true return to form, and I spent the two weeks before its official release date calling my local game store just to see if they’d maybe by some chance gotten an early copy? The series grabbed me in ways that nothing else really has.
Why You Should Play Suikoden II, One Of The Best RPGs Ever Made

For a certain subset of gamers, today is big. Really big. Like, the biggest day in years.
Read more

Like Shenmue, the Suikoden series remains unfinished—all five games have left loose threads and teased an ultimate showdown that never came—and the publisher, Konami, has no interest in bringing it back. Yet… if, somehow, Suikoden director Yoshitaka Murayama popped up out of nowhere and announced plans to Kickstart Suikoden VI, there would immediately be a pile of bricks directly under wherever I was sitting at the time. If you ever see a Kotaku article with my byline and the title “HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK,” it’s probably Suikoden VI.

So I can sympathize when, say, Shenmue fans react negatively to a piece like the post one of our guest-writers ran on Friday about the new Kickstarter’s placeholder box art and what that art may have signaled about the quality of the overall Shenmue Kickstarter effort. I empathize with what hardcore fans have been through—14 years is a long time to wait!—and I totally get why they were so pissed off at Kotaku last week. For a while now, in their eyes, it’s felt like some people have looked for any opportunity to crap on high-profile Kickstarters like this one, which is a slap in the face to those fans who have been waiting a decade and a half for Shenmue III to happen.

There are some healthy skeptical questions to ask here, of course: Do Suzuki and crew realize, for example, just how much time and money they’ll have to spend on the dinners and other swag rewards they’ve promised? Suzuki says they’d need to hit $5 million for “one of the things I really want to do with Shenmue 3 [to] become a reality” — why such a seemingly arbitrary number? Why do they need to hit $10 million to make it “truly” an open world? And will they ever tell fans exactly how much money they’re getting from outside sources?

In the coming months, as curious journalists and passionate fans follow this remarkable story—and it is a remarkable story, no matter what else happens—we’ll be watching for delays, for obstacles, for budget issues. We’ll be probing Suzuki and crew to be transparent about their process and their finances. And I’ll be paying particularly close attention to what has become the most compelling part of this story: how fans made something impossible happen.

That said… please stop tweeting at me to #saveshenmue. You’ve already saved it. Promise.

You can reach the author of this post at [email protected] or on Twitter at @jasonschreier.
by Ceej
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

This is amazing! I'll be sure to write up an article on my SEGA Nerds site and Gamnesia site to get the word out there.
by Yokosuka Martian
Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cedric tweeted about the School in Guilin!

Looks like the story is starting to gain some momentum! I'm glad this caught his attention.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 9781383168
by Ceej
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IGN article Shenmue 3 Now Among Kickstarter's Top 10 Success

Yu Suzuki's Kickstarter for Shenmue III has climbed its way past Torment: Tides of Numenera to claim its place as the second highest funded video game on the crowdfunding website.

With regard to all Kickstarter projects, Shenmue III currently stands as the 10th most funded campaign.

The project, which still has another 11 days left in its campaign, is currently sitting at $4.3 million in funding, trailing behind Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, the current leader in the video game category, with a whopping $5.5 million.

Just last week, we learned that the original Shenmue voice actor will be returning for this third installment. Additionally, PlayStation 4 owners will now be able to get a physical version as one of the campaign's newly-added reward tiers.

Some recognition from the gaming media without the usual Backlashing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDsGVNILB1o
Source: IGN
by sand4fish
Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #27 New rewards!

Well, props to Awesome Japan they really are putting some work, a tier between 500 and 1k was much needed. And the 80$ tier will make many 60$ backers up their pledge.

Now we just need the damn new hype video and maybe a stretch goal between 5.1 and 6m for the final rush.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #27 New rewards!

Is there any word from passing on PAYPAL when the KS ends?

I doubt you'll hear any word on it. They want as many people as possible to fund the Kickstarter. If they announced that they'll accept donations and offer rewards after the KS ends, then they'd be no sense of urgency and it could put people off donating in the next 10 days.

They probably want to keep quiet on it so that those who haven't pledged yet will think "shit, I better donate before it's too late".
by Reprise
Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you like most about Shenmue ?

Being a degenerate gambler.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Shenmue Saga - Huber Hype! (Game Trailers)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Feminism

Here it is!

Surprised it's not here already but fuck it lets start talking about it innit.

So, what say you? Do you agree with what women say about the glass ceiling effect? Personally, in all employments I've been in it's never been an issue, that's not to say it doesn't happen but I've never seen it exist. I believe in feminism, but only on the scale of everyone being equal, and that's what feminists bleat on about all the time; "we only want everything to be level". Well... why don't we call it humanism... or equalism? It's because a number of feminists don't want that, they are keen to be above males, and it doesn't matter whether they're legitimately better, but because they've got a vagina in the 21st century that automatically makes them better than you. Try picking up something heavy. What? Can't do it? Make me a fucking sandwich.

mue26 is exempt from replying to this topic as he doesn't have prior experience with teh femz
by Shenmuedabest
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

If you're a feminist who's fighting for basic human rights for women in ass-backwards countries that don't have them, or you're fighting against a serious problem like domestic violence, then you have my respect.

If you keep talking about the debunked wage gap myth, put "trigger" before anything you write, and use the word "rape" describe things outside the legal definition (that guy looked at me funny--he totally raped me), then you probably have a gender studies degree, a keyboard, and too much time on your hands.

This is Malaya Joya. She ran a clinic and school for girls back when that could get you killed by the Taliban. She later went on to speak out against former warlords joining Parliament. She's had many death threats and attacks on her person.

http://i.imgur.com/ITVhH4R.jpg

This is Melody Hensley. She claims she got PTSD from cyber-bullying. She says her PTSD is on the same level as war veterans.

http://i.imgur.com/d3CXjwa.jpg

One of these women is a feminist. The other is a "social justice warrior" feminist. Can you guess which one is which?
by Calshot
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

all this Marxist mumbo jumbo is being used by the mainstream media to distract the population from the fact that our U.S. tax dollars are being spent on worldwide death machines, our banking and financial systems are completely fucked and our constitutional rights are being destroyed / ignored.

the fact is the far majority of people aren't sexist or racist or any of that crap.

alright goodnight I'm done
by santino
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Riku Rose wrote:Honestly if I was a virgin at 30 years old though I'd just pay for it and get it over with.[/color]

Just by suggesting he do that you should be arrested as an accessory in an attempted rape. Typical male savage.
by Rakim
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega: "We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/07/sega-learned-about-making-quality-games-from-atlus-aim-to-regain-trust-from-players/

At least they have started to acknowledge their shortcomings...of the last decade. Suppose they could start with something small, like Shenmue HD :idea: :lol:
by Sean
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III Companion App?

Browsing over the Mac request thread got me thinking.

Destiny has a companion app and I look at it daily. I constantly transfer gear to and from my vault, look at my character stats, my friends characters, browse forums and more.

What if Shenmue III had one? Put it on iOS/Android and offer features like:

• View game progress
• View notebook and flip pages
• View photos you've taken in-game
• View move scrolls and practice while you're on-the-go (updates Ryo in-game)
• Mini-games (Lucky Hit would be amazing!)
• View discovered maps
• Connect to forums (here would be nice)

I'm sure there's lots more ideas but these are off the top of my head. I'd absolutely love to be somewhere on the go, listening to the Shenmue III soundtrack in my earbuds and engaging with this app.

Thoughts?

Edit- I just thought of the perfect name for it: Shenmue Passport. Like the spirit of the original passport, put some of those ideas into the app as well.
by Mitsuzuki
Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What does your username mean?

I found the name on my birth certificate. Thought it was cool, so i ran with it.
by Peter
Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanking Mr. Suzuki

Thanks Mr. Suzuki for hanging on to the Shenmue series.

phpBB [video]
by ShenRy092
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

Thank you guys for the congratulations. I will also address some of the things being asked.

Joel Tess from Awesome reached out to me via Youtube Messages and told me that Yu Suzuki had seen my video and loved it and that he wanted to use it on the Kickstarter page. Once I emailed him about it and said I'd love to do that, my video was shown to SEGA who requested that the arcade footage was taken out and that copyright notices were put in. (I also received request to change the logo but I'm unsure if that's Sega's doing of if it's a personal choice of Yu Suzuki). Once the final version was made I emailed it to Joel Tess who put it up on the page.

I was in touch with Dreamcaster's Tube when I first put the original video up and he said that he's ok with people using his footage as long as they credit him in the description. I'm not taking credit for his work.

"These goals can only be achieved through Kickstarter" is to encourage people to pledge and clear up the fact that Sony and others contributions likely wont be enough to cover any stretch goals.

Anyway, thank you guys for the amazing words. I never thought it would get this far and I feel really honored to be acknowledged by Yu Suzuki and Awesome Japan :D
by Jibby
Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Indie" or "AAA" game?

We are getting to see what happens after Shenmue 2, isn't that good enough? Why does it have to be a AAA title?
by PILMAN
Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How will Shenmue III start?

Should be with them leaving the cave, Ryo turning to Shenhua and saying "Is it me, or did it take a lot longer getting out than it did coming in?"
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 day Campaign Images

Hello guys

I wanted to get this out there cause I worked on it off and on the last 3 days when I was home from work.

3 Day Campaign- The last tree day will be the most crucial leading into the Final Blow. I hope we can come together and make a assortment of media for the last three days. I have the following and I should have another surprise later on. (not sure when exacty) but I'll be sure to post it as soon as it's ready.

Large photo for larger posts (web sites possibly)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/jackiefhan/She-Final-end-work_zpskttxvobt.jpg

Color version

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/jackiefhan/Large-whole-campaign_zps1vppn2by.jpg

3 days

Web size

3 Days!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/jackiefhan/3-days-web-size_zpswdhrpxtd.jpg

2 Days!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/jackiefhan/2-days-Web-size_zpsyfxcs2ll.jpg

Last Day!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/jackiefhan/Last-Day-Web-Size_zpsrosgc2s4.jpg

Few blanks to add whatever you want

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/jackiefhan/3-day-blank_zpsqvnenees.jpg
3 days to go

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/jackiefhan/2-days-lank_zpsn1opeeo8.jpg
2 days to go

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/jackiefhan/last-day-blank_zpsmbgiqzre.jpg
Final Day!
by Ryo Fhan
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic