Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

I pledged $60 because I can't wait to get my hands on an actual hard copy of Shenmue 3! (..never thought in a million years I would be saying that)
by Luke_09
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Imagine if Shenmue III actually got the kind of backing that would give it AAA production values like its predecessors! I don't think an open-world game of the previous games' magnitude could be replicated on an indie-game budget.

But considering that this game is a digital only release (for console), then a bigger budget seems unlikely. C'mon, at least give a PS4 retail release as a stretch goal! It can be achieved! :-o

That's a very interesting point and something I have been thinking about...

However, for Sony to actually mention it and use up time during their E3 conference, do you not think they will also be contributing some funding towards the game?

I doubt it will purely be funded by fans alone, surely not?

My gut instinct was that Sony probably had an agreement with Yu Suzuki that they would only help fund the game if the $2 million KickStarter goal was achieved (almost as a measuring-stick to gauge the popularity / demand of such a game before their commit money towards it).... What do you think? I'm hoping it's not going to be solely fan-funded.
by Luke_09
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Kickstarter Estimation

I thought I would just share an opinion with people on here regarding predictions as to how much Shenmue 3 could make on KickStarter.

Because I'm (very) sad and have plenty of free time at the moment I've decided to make a note of the KickStarter pledge total numerous times throughout the day.

Today for example (17/6/15):
At 11:50 am this morning (GMT) the total was - $2,924,509
At 21:00 pm this evening (GMT) the total was - $3,045,249

So within about 9 hours the Shenmue III KickStarter had made: $120,740
So it's making over ~$120,000 in less than a full 24 hours.

Obviously as the donations slow-down over time (as I am sure they naturally will); even if we were to make a conservative prediction that for the next 30 days, for example let's say if the Shenmue III KS accumulates ~$100,000 per day; that means the overall total could potentially increase by $3 million.

Not bad at all! Let's just hope this momentum continues for the next 30 days. If donations continue at a value far greater than $100,000 / day then the overall total would be significantly higher. Exciting stuff!

(P.S. - apologies for the very sad and nerdy post! Think I need to get out more :P )
by Luke_09
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

masterchan777 wrote: Image

THAT'S the Ryo character model we want to see!!! (Image on the right, obviously)
by Luke_09
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has new stretch goals

Jack wrote:
masterchan777 wrote: Image
they really should hire that guy shouldn't they...

Absolutely! That's exactly how Ryo should look.

I really hope Yu Suzuki sees that comparison, I really do!
by Luke_09
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's fun

As I've said in a previous thread, the fact of the matter is, NONE OF US know exactly how much external funding this game is getting. It's all speculation at the moment, that's as much as we do know!

Until that time comes, all we have is the KickStarter, that's the only thing at the moment that is giving us real monetary values!

That's why we cannot assume that others are heavily funding this game until we know for sure. From the sounds of things we will never know for sure.

Therefore we MUST keep promoting the KickStarter and getting the word out there. That's the only option we have. We can't take the risk of making assumptions that others are behind this heavily!
by Luke_09
Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's fun

Delayed double post? What's this?

C'mon people, I thought posting here I would find unconditional support, but all I see is cynicism...

You definitely do have support mate. I completely agree with you, we need to spread the message that we have no idea how much money Sony is actually putting into Shenmue III. We can't make assumptions that they are pumping millions into this because as you rightly said, that does not appear to be the case.
by Luke_09
Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hashtag Twitter Campaign to Get Shenmue 3 to $10M

Great idea!

Nice to see members of this forum actively doing something to help promote the fact this KickStarter needs every penny it can get and to highlight that most of the funding will be coming from KickStarter.

How do you think we can try to combat this misunderstanding? It seems to be that all of the hardcore Shenmue fans know about it, but we need to get the message out to the masses and to the more casual shenmue fans / first-time players.

I was thinking about trying to contact gaming websites to see if they can try to correct themselves on what they've said? A lot of people are making a lot of assumptions purely because Sony said they would be 'getting behind Yu Suzuki'

As a big Shenmue fan myself, it's so frustrating to see the KickStarter total currently stalling and to feel powerless to change that!
by Luke_09
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #12 - Vote for your favourite charact

Just finished mine. I voted for Xiuying Hong because she's got it going on! She would make a cool cameo or even "character perspective gameplay" feature imo...

Awesome reward ideas, although according to the prices associated with them, I doubt I can afford them... :-( we'll see!

Exciting times indeed!

I voted for Xiuying too! She was such a great character in Shenmue II. She was rock 'ard!!

I loved that scene where she took out that whole group of guys behind Yuan's back!

Her martial arts skills; she'd be a match for Lan Di I reckon.
by Luke_09
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

I'm wondering if I could ask a question regarding the PS4 physical copy.

So far I've pledged $120, however I'm wondering, is there an option to change the preferences of my pledge to put down PS4 physical copy as my preferred?

Or is that something that we will be asked to pick once the KickStarter has finished?

The only reason I ask is because I heard that for those who have pledged the $60 option have the ability to edit their pledge so they can state their preference for a PS4 physical copy is they so wish.

Don't worry dude, they said they'll send a survey out at the end, and you can pick between 4 options, digital of either, or physical of either.

Awesome, thanks man! Congrats on your pledge btw
by Luke_09
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. Slow news day.

Let's not even give that website the dignity of a post on this forum.

Have you seen the state of the bloke who wrote that article? ...and he has the cheek to start discussing appearances?! Spare me!!

Do not give this moron the time of day.. Do not visit that website and let's forget he ever posted such an utterly pointless article; it's as utterly trivial as he is.
by Luke_09
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Money just been collected!

My money has also been collected! Couldn't be happier to see money leaving my account!
Well done everyone :D
by Luke_09
Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic