Search found 113 matches

Return

Re: Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

I think it just goes to show how much people care about the series. They want it to be the best it can possibly be. Personally, I'm over the moon that this is happening. And no matter what, I consider this Kickstarter to already be a huge success. Do I hope for even more? Of course. But I'm not going to let any expectations lead me into disappointment. The fact is, we are experiencing a dream come true.
by Centrale
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "classic" old school mode?

I can't imagine loading screens would be well-received by people who are new to the series. They would get savaged in reviews. I've been into Shenmue since it first came out and personally I like the fact that it's much more possible to stream world data than to have to look at loading screens nowadays.

I'm sure modders will be able to create loading screens for those who want them, on the PC version. I wouldn't really want the core development team to divert any resources away from any other aspect of the game to make artificial loading screens.

If it's a matter of emphasizing the passing of time... the watch was visible in the corner of the screen throughout the first game at least (can't remember off-hand about the second one). If anything I think it would help with immersion to be able to go into the "look"/first person view, and have Ryo raise his wrist to look at the watch.
by Centrale
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The New Character Model I have the Most Issues With

Yeah, Lan Di seems cold and ruthless, but I don't get the impression that he is particularly happy, smug or sadistic about doing what he's doing.
by Centrale
Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Know Still Haven't Done Research?

My thoughts on media like that, summed up in a classic quote: "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
by Centrale
Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How annoyed would you be using the d-pad on the PS4?

I really don't understand this idealization of things that represent the technical limitations of the Dreamcast. The fact is, they pushed the DC as hard as they could. They weren't making the limits into fetishes. They tried to make the most advanced game they could technically with what was available at the time. Can you imagine if they had designed Shenmue to emulate the limitations of the Sega Saturn? Ignore the analog stick and try to map a six button layout, because that's the system it was originally targeted at? I want Shenmue III to take full advantage of the technological progress that's occurred. Let the modders handle retro stuff.
by Centrale
Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Name me a great NEW (not port, remaster etc) SEGA game released in the past 12 months that's not Yakuza.

I reject the premise of the challenge for a number of reasons. First, Yakuza is one of my favorite series; why wouldn't I count it? It's an example of iterative development done right and each game is made to a high standard of quality, with tons of new content year in and year out. Why wouldn't I count the 3DS 3D Classics "reissues," as they're obviously much more elaborately developed than a typical collection?

Secondly, video games are such a diverse medium that it's like saying name me a great book published by Doubleday or a great movie by Paramount. It's entirely possible that people who are friends and otherwise have a lot in common, might not have any shared interest in the same types of games, as I've observed with my own groups of friends. (However, just for the sake of the discussion, I quite liked Tembo.)

Thirdly, Sega's publishing model has changed dramatically over the past decade, so if you can't acknowledge or get into their Total War titles or their Football Manager titles, for example, which are highly rated and dominate their respective genres in sales, then that's on you, not Sega.

I realize there are a lot of people with hurt feelings about Sega... a lot of times I think people are trying to pin the blame for their own lost youth on this company. The company is rolling on. They change, we change, that's how it goes.
by Centrale
Sat May 14, 2016 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Before this devolves into further fanboyism, I'd just like to remind everyone of the existence of people (and option to become such a person) who owns more than one console. Strawman response: you have to be rich to own both an Xbox and PS. Reality: deals and bundles are available regularly for $300 and less. This isn't like owning multiple houses and multiple cars. Sort it out.

Furthermore - how about not being disrespectful to the Xbox owners who did support and buy Shenmue on the Xbox? In fact, Shenmue II was one of the main reasons I got an OG Xbox back in the day (the other main reason being JSRF).

Lastly - try to move on from allowing brand loyalty to form part of your identity. You are not what you own. It's understandable considering this: http://arstechnica.com/science/2011/08/users-treat-criticism-of-favorite-brands-as-threat-to-self-image/ But this is something to work on rising above, not something to wallow in.
by Centrale
Mon May 09, 2016 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playable demo of Shenmue III

I'm probably the only sad one who got excited at the word weight. If there was blood type on the board I would have actually lost my shit. Details like that make Shenmue great.

I think since it is in the context of "rig attachment," weight in this case would most likely refer to the skin weighting of the character models... that is, the area of skin that is influenced by each bone in the character rig. For example, most of the forearm skin is going to be moved by the elbow bone, but some of the forearm skin will be influenced by the wrist bone. These "weights" are to some degree assigned automatically when rigging a character, but a lot of times an artist has to paint the weights in certain areas manually if the skin is deforming in weird/unexpected ways. So, I would think that this note on the board is referencing a workflow and/or a need for time to be devoted to the process of rigging and weighting the characters, rather than an in-game detail of the characters' apparent weights in pounds or kilos. Just my interpretation, though.

"Dynamic seeds" makes me think there is some procedural/generative element to creating characters' faces rather than every character having to have artists create a custom face from scratch for them. The engine will take a seed value and use that to generate a pseudo-random value, so a character with a seed of 1 will have a different appearance than a character with a seed of 2.
by Centrale
Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "YU SUZUKI, TIM SCHAFER AND OTHERS DISCUSS HYPE IN GAME"

It simply means keep your expectations realistic. Don't expect Uncharted 5 graphics in a world the size of GTA 6 with as many missions as Fallout 5. That would be expecting too much. This is an indie game with a modest budget - made by a very talented and experienced team, but those are the parameters. Set your expectations accordingly and all will be well.
by Centrale
Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "YU SUZUKI, TIM SCHAFER AND OTHERS DISCUSS HYPE IN GAME"

Tim Schafer, a "crook"? Why, because he expanded Broken Age into two parts and gave the second part for free to its backers? If only there were more such "crooks." :roll:
by Centrale
Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of Shenmue series after 2017

Personally I've been gradually increasing my PC gaming and my interest in keeping up with more and more new consoles is waning. PC offers the potential of an active modding community and a fairly stable platform that can play new games as well as games from many years ago. Having said that, whatever platform Shenmue comes out on, I'll be getting it. If they put out Shenmue 5 on the Wonderswan, I'll shrug my shoulders and get a Wonderswan.

As for 4 or 5... I think Suzuki mentioned 5 because that's his ideal. So unless it becomes clear that it will be completely impossible, I'll be hoping for 5 installments. I think they'll be able to pull it off with their experience of developing 3 on a modest budget.
by Centrale
Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's shocking how many people don't know you can fight..

It's already quite a pivot from "it's shocking that everybody doesn't know about this" to "it could be really difficult/take a long time to trigger it."
by Centrale
Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lessons Shenmue III can take from recent indie game fail

The only potential parallel I see between No Man's Sky and Shenmue III is the problem of a vocal minority of haters who will parrot the opinion that the game is a "failure" when it is not.

The fact of the matter is that there was a contingent of people who got completely carried away with their expectations and their idea of what they wanted NMS to be and now they're furious because it doesn't match their unfounded expectations. There was also a huge number of people who seemed to resent the fact that NMS had a lot of promotion and hype surrounding it when they personally couldn't see the appeal of a quiet exploration game... the "what do you actually do in this game?" crowd, even though the game was demonstrated at length and the logical conclusion would have been, "well, this type of game simply isn't my cup of tea."

The most extreme of these rabid gamers accuse Hello Games/Sean Murray of lying about not delivering on promised features... e.g., the issue of planets rotating and orbiting their suns. Sean Murray stated before launch that playtesters had been consistently confused by the planetary rotation no matter how much they slowed it down, so it had been removed. The problem being that this statement was made through one media site and so the entirety of the playerbase didn't see it... it could have been handled better if it there was a central development blog that made official statements throughout the process.

In summation... there are a lot of gamers who are very happy and satisfied with No Man's Sky, as they kept expectations in check and got what they expected and wanted. So make sure the opinion of the game that you express is your own opinion and not something that you're repeating or gleaning from articles or forum threads. And think about how you will react when a similarly misguided and vindictive campaign to reduce review scores and shape public opinion about Shenmue III occurs.
by Centrale
Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What should Ryo say to Lan Di right before he kills him?

"Let's settle this once and for all... in Shenmue IV!" *roll credits*
by Centrale
Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

I had forgotten about this but feel it's also worth mentioning. They released HORRIBLE ports on PC of some Dreamcast games, with absolutely unforgivable technical issues, including controller support, which had to be worked around by users. Sometimes, as in the case of Space Channel 5, requiring users to change CPU core usage and priority to prevent input delay and other problems. And even then they were buggy.

I wasn't aware of those issues with Space Channel 5. I did read about the removal of the original soundtrack from Crazy Taxi, which was enough of an issue for me to not buy it.

However, the remaster of Jet Set Radio was excellent, with updated controls and a bonus documentary short. So hopefully that is the model of the approach they will take if they do remaster Shenmue I and II.
by Centrale
Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Size and detail of the world

I recall some discussions about the size of the world in Shenmue III... with Yu Suzuki's comment in that regard being that it will be similar to Dobuita in Shenmue I. Initially I was a little disappointed with that scale, but after re-playing it a bit I can acknowledge that there's still quite a lot to do and explore within that space. Having played most of the Yakuza games, I enjoy the density of detail in those fairly small cities - but I also appreciate the different kind of appeal of the huge, yet mostly empty, worlds of GTA.

I came across this article today that shows a map of another long-anticipated game, The Last Guardian, that fans have put together. I haven't played it, but apparently this shows all of the game world in a single view - so, spoiler alert if you haven't played it yet and intend to! Here's the link to the article, and you have to click through to see the map with annotations. But I thought it was an interesting visualization because it looks like a relatively small space that's mostly vertically-oriented, with each area offering various challenges. It's hard to gauge the scale and definitely hard to imagine the feeling of immersion from looking at a single image, but I still think it's interesting. And it's also heartening that, from what I've heard, The Last Guardian has been pretty well-received and I haven't heard complaints about it being too small or too brief of an experience. Anyone who's played The Last Guardian - what do you think of this visualization in relation to your experience of playing it?

Another game that comes to mind that has a satisfying game world that is not necessarily gigantic, but is quite beautiful, is Firewatch. My hope for Shenmue III would be that there are two or three densely detailed cities/villages, but also some sizeable wilderness areas that could probably be partially procedurally generated and will be cool to just wander around in a bit.
by Centrale
Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

I guess I'm of two minds about the whole situation. On the one hand, I feel perfectly confident that the lack of updates simply reflects the intense, focused work of the development team - and I suspect that some of the more outrageous KS commenters might be people who knew little or nothing about Shenmue but for whatever reason wanted to join in on a historically successful KS.

On the other hand, a monthly update might simply be a text message of a couple/few paragraphs that one person could take 15 minutes to quickly type up ("this month we're testing a couple of minigames in one location, and we worked on a QTE in another location"... plus just some description of the atmosphere of the offices, or the season in Japan) and thereby prevent the worst of the hysteria from happening. Honestly it could be the work of an intern, with only a few minutes taken for a senior staffer to approve the content before posting it.

I've seen it happen time and again with game developers large and small... they tend not to be the types of personalities that enjoy speaking publicly, much preferring to just keep a low profile and work hard. It causes some problems but that's the way it is.
by Centrale
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Genesis games in Shenmue 3?

Telekill wrote: There is no place for the Sega Genesis in the time and place that Shenmue 3 is set.

Especially considering Ryo has a Sega Saturn. :lol: How did he get that in '87, anyway? Maybe he's one of those kids who has the mythical uncle who works at Sega in the R&D department.
by Centrale
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 gameplay - Movement style and controls

no no... NO!
the camera should stick behind Ryo all the fucking time except for zoom into objects just like it was before.
and they should stick with Tank control not 360 degree movement crap.

I think this would be a recipe for getting savaged in reviews. Keep tank controls as an option but have an updated control scheme as default. There's a reason why they're called "tank" controls and not "natural human motion" controls. This is supposed to be a game for millions of people, not just the players from the Dreamcast era. It should be possible to cater to both.
by Centrale
Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tekken dev requests guest fighter ideas - let's give 'em

I always thought of Tekken as a rip-off of Virtua Fighter. Actually just about everything Namco did from the late 80s throughout the 90s seemed to be "let's see what Sega does and then put out our imitation of it." But enough time has passed that I guess Tekken has developed into its own thing. Nowadays if it can help introduce Shenmue to more people that can only be a good thing.
by Centrale
Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's face

I'm a 3D artist. I work mostly in video but do have a little bit of experience rigging and animating characters for games as well. Obviously I don't know any specifics about what's going on at YSnet. I can say it would be a fairly simple matter to build a new model based on the older model. Rigging it to enable more nuanced expressions and set up controls for the animators could be time-consuming, but certainly a reasonable task overall. My speculation is that it's just not been the highest priority yet, as they've been focusing on prototyping and developing the various types of gameplay. Ultimately I don't think it will be difficult to match the appearance of the previous Ryo, but I wonder if Yu Suzuki would like to evolve the art direction somewhat and that will lead to some iterations of Ryo's appearance as he works out his subjective opinion on the look.

(Edit for more bloviating:) I'd say this ties into another set of factors, which is the new engine running the game and the advances that have been made in materials and lighting. Even the original models would look somewhat different (in color balance and apparent material attributes) if imported directly into UE4. Take Ryo's jacket, for example. We've already seen some work-in-progress renders that show a more realistic material. Compared to the original jacket texture, it's a big difference. The original textures tried to convey characteristics like folds and shininess all within the color channel. These days those material attributes are broken up into multiple maps (bump maps and normal maps for details in the depth of the surface, specularity and environmental reflection maps to convey the shininess of materials, and so on). So the technical challenge of matching the exact geometric topology of Ryo's face is negligible, but the artisitic challenge of defining a new art direction that utilizes current tech while not diverging too much from the original style could be quite difficult.
by Centrale
Fri May 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

I wonder just how dense things will be, will they even bbother to maker things such as Yakuza Kiwami/6? Kiwami is coming out so soon and surely they won't show 6 in order to not detract us from the attention of Kiwami.

Typically Sony hasn't shown much of Yakuza at E3 at all, have they? Usually just part of a montage toward the end of their presentations. Maybe that will change since it seems 0 has broken through to a little bit higher degree of popularity in the West.

Regarding the whole issue of the surprise factor in E3 reveals, mabye it's just because I'm getting older and I've worked on being less susceptible to hype, but I'm not that convinced in surprise reveals being an important part of promoting a game. The major reveals these days are predictable sequels to established AAA franchises. We'll see the next Call of Duty, the next Forza and GT, probably the next Last of Us, things like that. With so much noise and hype surrounding those franchises, wouldn't it be better to feature an indie title like Shenmue III before or after them? Or if it is featured in the main presentation, does it detract from its potential market in any way if they let us know in advance that something will or won't be shown? I think the effort to make everything a surprise reveal also enables trolls to toy with fake rumors. I'm not really decided about it all, just sorting through various random thoughts on it.
by Centrale
Sun May 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think I'd describe the style of Shenmue as photorealistic. Most of the textures are hand-painted (digitally, I assume) so everything has more of a painted or illustrated look, although the sheer amount of detail provides an aspect of realism. I think this has helped Shenmue age more gracefully than most other games of the era that used photo textures. Something that's thoughtfully stylized usually looks timeless in the years to come, while things that seem photorealistic now almost inevitably look badly dated ten years later.
by Centrale
Tue May 16, 2017 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aside from the roller coaster-like range of emotions that come from trying to figure out if each tweet is some kind of clue to what's in store... my impression of the photo is that Gio Corsi and Yu Suzuki appear at ease and genuinely happy. So Shenmue III is in a fine state no matter what happens with E3.
by Centrale
Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III does have the advantage of having had a lot of pre-production work done prior to its current development period. I'm not sure if it's possible to quantify how much time that counts for in the overall process of bringing forth the completed game, but my impression is that it's a significant amount.
by Centrale
Fri May 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

Hmm, interesting. At least I can set my expectations accordingly.
by Centrale
Sun May 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't mind a more anime-like approach to the game specially because most games end up looking very similar, but since the first Shenmue games tried to be so realistic it's a very night/day aesthetic choice.

But there were always some pretty wild-looking characters, particularly some of the ones with smaller parts. There's always been a kind of spectrum ranging from more realistic to less realistic characters.
by Centrale
Sun May 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

So this means no HD release announcement at E3, since for HD release they would definitely show their face to support it.

I don't think YsNet would be present to reveal HD, as that is Sega's project. However, it would seem a bit odd if HD is revealed and there is no mention of III at all in the conference.
by Centrale
Mon May 29, 2017 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's such a departure from the photorealistic style we all remember. :roll:
by Centrale
Mon May 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would suggest that anyone who thinks this is some kind of radical departure from the established style of Shenmue to take a moment to look at the older character models with fresh eyes. This is just a quick sampling of screen grabs from the Shenmue wiki. There has always been a strongly stylized aesthetic to Shenmue.

http://zoonbats.com/s3/shenmue_stylized.jpg

I don't know what people mean when they refer to "manga" style as manga is an entire vast body of literature that encompasses thousands of styles by tens of thousands of artists. To me this looks consistent with the established Shenmue style.
by Centrale
Mon May 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's disappointing as Eurogamer has provided decent coverage in the past. There are lots of ways to frame the story that aren't so ominous. "Shenmue 3 Devs Opt to Work Through E3."

Maybe there's an unspoken fifth wude that says something like "Do not squander your energy when others are wrong on the internet."
by Centrale
Tue May 30, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Imagine the uproar when the community realizes that they have already been shown Ryo's new face. :shock:

by Centrale
Wed May 31, 2017 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

celsowm wrote: Any chances of Shenmue related thing here?

I could be biased, but...

by Centrale
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Genesis games in Shenmue 3?

Many if not most of the Sega references throughout Shenmue exist outside of the timeline of the plot. There's a Saturn... you can win games for it at one of the stores. There are capsule toys referencing games that came out years later as well. Not to mention the nonexistent Sega items, such as the Master System notepad in one of Ryo's drawers, and even mystifying items that reference Shenmue itself, like Shenhua caramels available at the store. This kind of stuff is so woven into the details of Shenmue that I don't think I'd personally classify all of these things as easter eggs, but either way... it's all there in the world.

More specific to the original topic - Genesis games in Shenmue 3. Beyond whatever licensing considerations there might be with Sega - why not? It would fit with the established "rules" of the game world. The only thing is, the Genesis library has been re-issued time and time again over the years. It would be cool to give the Master System some love, or various other Yu Suzuki arcade titles that haven't been featured in Shenmue yet.
by Centrale
Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cool Z

Just messing around - I tried my hand at making a 3D model of Cool Z. The boombox is just another model I threw in there but maybe later I'll try to duplicate the exact design of Cool Z's blaster.

by Centrale
Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I want Shenmue 3 to be the best game ever made, not only because it's my most anticipated game of all time, but also Shenmue 3 will most certainly determine the fate of this fantastic series, I could never forget how the commercial outcome of Shenmue I & II had affected the future of Shenmue and I don't want to ever relive that nightmare again...

I think you have to let go of that expectation, for a variety of reasons. For one thing, it's pretty nebulous... "the best game ever made." In whose eyes? The critics, the general public? There'll never be agreement on this. In your own eyes? That's more possible, but even so it might be healthier to hope that it's your favorite game, or simply a satisfying and fulfilling game. Personally I love the previous Shenmue games, but I've never considered them in terms of being perfect or being the best. I love them simply because they are unique and convey a spectrum of feelings that no other games have. I also understand that I'm at a very different place in my life now and I don't expect to have the same kinds of feelings when I play Shenmue III that I did when I played I and II. Although they may nail the vibe and aesthetic in a very satisfying way, there's no way around the fact that I'll be ~17 years older and with new perspectives and it's not up to the developers of Shenmue III to account for my own changes.

Ultimately, though, it's out of your hands... out of all our hands. Our collective hopes and fears don't have a direct influence, so it's up to us to manage our expectations. I think you should be heartened that it's being made by many of the original designers. That alone is an achievement of the best possible circumstance in a turbulent commercial artform. They've expressed that at its current state of development it is already exceeding their own expectations. Things are going well.

As for the (speculated) involvement of some younger and less experienced members of the development team, Yu Suzuki et al started out as young, inexperienced developers, too. They had seniors who recognized their potential and talent. Now they are in the position of being able to recognize and cultivate the potential of less-experienced yet talented collaborators.
by Centrale
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Seeing the new official logo is a relief, even though I knew they had said they wouldn't be sticking with the temporary one. I was just like, what is taking them so long? Why do they keep using this one? Just for the record I think the whole alleged issue with young people not knowing how to read cursive writing is absurd. It's not like a completely different alphabet, just slight variations of the letter shapes. You can learn it in an hour. Then again I am into wildstyle graffiti so cursive is a pretty simple style compared to that.

The new models show a lot of great personality even in a t-pose. They're going to be bursting off the screen with charisma when they're textured and animated!
by Centrale
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr357's Shenmue Dojo Twitch / Youtube Stream Discussion

Start your day with the flavor of Fuku-san's life savings!
by Centrale
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I'm taking this product sighting as a good omen for things soon to come!

by Centrale
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So happy for the words PHYSICAL COPY (MN9 fallout contin

There is a stark, night-and-day difference between the way Keiji Inafune and Yu Suzuki have conducted themselves through the years, both in their work and what they've expressed through the media. There might be some challenges but I have no worry that the Shenmue III rewards will be half-assed.

Personally I think the "reward" aspect of crowdfunding is way out of hand and should be dialed back because of all the logistical difficulties it introduces. If you believe in a project enough to contribute money to it, go for it. Don't view it as an opportunity to stock up on tchotchkes.
by Centrale
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

There's something unclear about all this.

Everything they said previously still applies. They are now providing some additional good news that a) there will be a meet-and-greet with Yu Suzuki, and b) the game footage shown to the press will also be shown to backers via a KS update at the same time.

Extra clarified version: GOOD NEWS BE HAPPY
by Centrale
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Hell's bells. Are people being intentionally obtuse or what?! Do you need people to explain to you that the sky is blue, and chew food for you? Videos being shown to press and included in KS update that week. Shake hands with Yu Suzuki for the public. What's the problem here?

If anyone is seriously confused about what words mean, just accept the reassurance of those who aren't.
by Centrale
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Two Weeks Left

Well, this week will seem like an eternity...

I know it seems that way, right? If possible, everyone should take a few moments to try and enjoy this particular period of time and the uncertainty and anticipation of it. I wonder what it will be like when the game is revealed. I have a lot of hopes, a few worries. It truly is a time of wonder. Here we are, in it, right now - at perhaps the absolute apex of anticipation. It's a special time and some day, it will be as long ago as the DC days.
by Centrale
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - ONE WEEK LEFT

I'm glad I've got a total solar eclipse to keep me occupied with something the day before Gamescom. ;-)
by Centrale
Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a separate thread or section for community artists who want to re-imagine or suggest what they think Shenmue III assets should look like. I think it's interesting but I don't want it to take up so much space in the midst of discussions of official images and videos. Especially since (with any luck) we're going to be seeing new material soon.
by Centrale
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic