Search found 384 matches

Return

Re: how come Shenmue 3 is being produced on a $2M budget?

It's not. I imagine the fundraiser is to show investors (most likely Sony) that people ARE interested enough and will put their money where their mouth is.
The fact the entire goal was pledged in 9 hours goes to show how strong the Shenmue community still is.
On the KS page, it states that if the goal is reached, Shenmue 3 WILL happen on PS4 and PC. So it's pretty safe to assume Sony (and possible other investors) made a deal with Yu already (meet the $2 million, we'll fund the rest.)
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Did Shenmue III reveal make you cry?

The instant the music started it had me weeping. 14 years of agony was finally lifted.

I cracked open a Asahi and ran on adrenaline for the rest of the night, couldn't even sleep.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Long term fans mixed feelings?

In all honesty in all this time waiting... I have tried not to give myself too overwhelming an expectation. I purposely never went looking for answers of certain things that would happen in remaining chapters. I think that has really helped in my staying extremely psyched for the next game.

My confidence in Yu has always been high. I cannot realistically see him ever letting me down going by past experiences of his works.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue sets another Guiness World Record

... this time for being the quickest game to receive $1million in crowd funding =D>

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... owdfunding

The love... The love! :heart:
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

I raised my pledge from $300 to $500. Is there a way to pledge more? Or do we have to wait and see if the KS campaign adds in extra pledges. I don't care about rewards, I just want to help out as much as I can monetary wise.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cliffy B backs Shenmue 3 & discusses funding...

Cliffy B, creator of Gears of War, has backed Shenmue 3: https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/610654059591176192

...and this next part from his twitter is interesting, since Cliffy and other game developers are discussing the funding... they seem to think that most of the funds are in place and the KS is just for PR and the finishing touches for the game. They'd know better than anyone how this stuff would work.

See pic:

http://abload.de/img/disvqprf.jpg
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu scans

Time to increase your pledges everyone...

From the Kickstarter Reddit page:

"As you guys know there was a massive article in this Months Famistu. Luckily the user Varion from NeoGaf has translated the important parts and these 2 comments stood out!

2 million is the bare minimum for the game to exist, and if that was all they got, it would just be focused on the story. The more money it gets, the more of the things he wants to do will be possible.

As far as money goes, he expects the game's investment will primarily come from individual backers, so he wants them all to be happy with the finished product. Doesn't sound like Sony and others are giving them all THAT much.

These points are so so important. We have people not pledging high amounts because they think that Sony (and other investors) are going to jump in. These comments state, directly from Yu's mouth that that is NOT the case! The kickstarter is the main funding for the game.

Now I know people are sad that there might not be a physical PS4 copy, and I understand that you don't want to pledge over the $29, but really how are you going to feel when the game that you have waited 14 years for gets stripped of content that Yu wanted in his original vision? Please guys, lets get Yu as much money as we possibly can so he can make the game that he wants, and that he deserves!

Help share this message, as you still have people in the kickstarter comments, on here, on shenmuedojo saying that there is no reason to back the game as Sony are stepping in to fund it..."
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you find Shenmue comforting?

Shenmue helped me through a very, very tough time in my life. Not only was it far spectacular than anything before or after it, it was also able to help me through a severe few years of depression.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Reward Tier Added

Locke_cole wrote: I wonder how long till they start giving out replica phoenix/dragon mirrors

Man alive I'd make myself bankrupt to get one of those bad boys =P~
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki doing Reddit AMA tomorrow!

IMO you should lose the "Will the final game be at full price?" question. We've been badgering the guy for years to get S3 made, how is this gonna look? Like we're not willing to buy it if it's full price? The game is being included in the Kickstarter pledges anyway.

Also change "Will you finish the story with Shenmue 3?" to something like "Will you try to finish the story over the course of 2-3 more games as you originally envisioned?" Sounds much better, like we aren't after just one game.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's fun

- Yu Suzuki says the majority of investment will be from Kickstarter.

It takes a bit of imagination to infer this sentence from your source.

Adam Boyes has conveyed in two or three occasions that Sony is backing the project substantially.

We're getting behind it in a major way

^ I imagine through promotion and other types of support, not necessarily funding.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Giant Bomb talks to Adam Boyes about Shenmue 3

Suzuki-san was stood back stage after the E3 announce with a box of tissues!!

Adam Boyes is an amazing guy, and Mark Cerny too! Seems these two have done the most after Suzuki to bring us Shenmue 3.

=D>
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We should clear up the misunderstanding about Sony's fun

I've seen idiots posting the same thing about Sony footing the entire development cost on Eurogamer, IGN and even in the Kickstarter comments. I'm doing my best to try to convince them otherwise but it's not sinking in. :roll:
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adam Koralik - Shenmue 3's KS & Sony - "Truth & Lies"

phpBB [video]
by Sonoshee
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

Thief wrote: Ok, let's be real here for a second.

The reality here is 14 years since the last title. There's no real excuse for anyone claiming to love Shenmue not to pledge at least something to keep the franchise alive.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue is also for kids !!

Now that's what you call a REAL girl gamer 8)
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: payment options ??

They are looking into it as already described on the KS FAQ

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ys ... faq_138418
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall wants to help us

He's always a trooper. The guy is legendary in more ways than one =D>
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo looking chubby

Jawline, not chub :P
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: why i need to help shenmue 3

i need to see something of shenmue 3 not just 10sec vid ryu can you jump yess i can does that make people excited ?
remmeber back in the day shenmue 1 pictures concept art etc etc what did we get with shenmue 3 nothing the game is in develpment sins 2004 i believe

That was a pre-alpha/promo video. Probably has very little to do with proper development.
The game hasn't been in development since 2004. Sega cancelled it after Shenmue 2 and Yu had received no funding from anywhere until now to make it. As for needing to see something, have faith in Yu. Going by all the interviews and quotes you shouldn't have anything major to worry about except the KS budget. You need to get in there and make a pledge now before you lose your chance. There's no guarantee they will add a Paypal option during or after the KS is over. If you are worried it won't be good enough or whatever, thats where your concern should lie. Not with Suzuki and his team.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TGS 2015 - Too Early?

It will be taking place around two months after the KS finishes. Would this be too early to expect any kind of initial concept art etc? I'm at least hopeful of a fresh Yu interview around that time or at the floor itself regarding what sort of budget he'll be working with.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Police Involvement

Lan Di-sama wrote: Call the police from one of the telephones in the game and you have your answer.

+1 8)
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can you imagine the feeling when...

I'm really hoping they keep the same menu music from the first two games

phpBB [video]
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter push to reach $10 Million! | #10MillionToShenmue

The $2 million goal was already reached & they want even more?

Gimme a break. Sony, stop being cheap sons of bitches.

Not sure if serious... [-X
If community members and Shenmue fans are buying into this narrative, what's to say about the general public? This Sony-funding shenanigans have damaged the kickstarter, for real. And we need to work hard to clear that misunderstanding.

I'm pretty sure he was trolling. If not then he only needs to read the top of page 2 to see what the real deal is.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Live TV Show - Raising Money In Gaming

A friend of mine on Twitter (who I'd like to keep confidential) told me this Friday he will be taking part in a live show on TV about raising money in gaming events. He does a lot of this kind of thing, usually involving raising funds for sick children. He's raised many thousands of Euro's in past events. I spoke to him this morning about the Shenmue Kickstarter and he said he will mention it and try to get some more traffic sent our way. I've asked for more information about it and will keep you all informed.
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Just increased my pledge from $510 to $630. :heart:
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Police Involvement

So i restarted just so I can call- Ryo just says " I don't want the police involved"

He has been out for days, Ine-san or Fuku-san didn't call? The newspaper reported on it, so the police just what ignored it?

I can't even focus when I use that pink telephone at the Tobacco Stand, that creepy whiskered old lady keeps staring me out 8-[
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

I was up from the start of the Sony conference until the announcement of it. I had read a few articles saying that S3 would be finally shown but like everyone else, I assumed people were just trolling. The picture of the forklift posted by Yu didn't really do much for me either.

I was losing faith by the time it was announced, especially since we were shown some small Indie games just before.
But.. as soon as that music started, I just kind of sat there gobsmacked. I didn't really take it all in, I had to rewatch the announcement a few times before I realized it was really happening. I was just completely overwhelmed. It really did feel as though I needed to pinch myself.

Joy turned to panic when I realized it was going to be funded through Kickstarter - what, no straight funding by Sony or any other big publisher? Damn it! So my first determination was to go and make a pledge - which I did by clicking straight off the Youtube stream and straight onto KS; donating a mere $300. I have upped it to $630 since then and hope to keep doing so before it ends.

My initial reaction to the announcement? As you could probably tell, completely stunned. I never seriously thought we'd see the day come. And now every day since I've been smiling to myself, knowing we'll finally get continuance and hopefully, closure.
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"$30 on the 3rd" - The Road To $10 Million

http://i.imgur.com/2v22lQB.png

Shenmue fans worldwide are being called together to give the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter a boost on July 3rd!
By pledging just $30 each we can bring those stretch goals ever closer to reality!
#30onthe3rd #SaveShenmue

Links: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | $30 on the 3rd Forum Link | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Day The Snow Turned Into A Game

Humbled!

I'll be doing the $30 on the 3rd (I will actually be donating more than $30, I'm looking to try and up it by $100 to a total of $730 for now) and am already tweeting/hashtagging everything Shenmue Kickstarter related like mad!

Thank you so much, Yama!
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just bought DC/Shenmue 1&2

You have so much to look forward to!

And playing them when you know Shenmue 3 will be out in a couple of years is the icing on the cake!
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki, "I want to make Shenmue 4"

Shenmue 4 is more than possible. It's practically in the bag for us already aslong are we all arent dicks to Suzuki about whatever Shenmue 3 is lacking .

This is what I fear. If we aren't happy with something, it needs to be addressed in a professional and friendly manner. I've seen on many developer forums the sort of attitudes they have to put up with.

You are right. Gamers can be complete dicks. But this is us we are talking about, this is Yu Suzuki and Shenmue. We already adore the hell out of him and the series. For us to collectively throw shit at him is unimaginable. I think most Shenmue fans have way too much respect for him and the series to throw him out like a Peter Molyneux or David Cage.

No matter how horrible Shenmue 3 could be, id still 100% support Suzuki on trying again to make it better.
Wouldn't you?

Of course I would!!! I think you misunderstood me.

I wasn't talking about the Dojo, but other Shenmue fans worldwide posting their thoughts in a negative way across different forums on the internet. Sadly, every franchise has its loudmouths and I imagine Shenmue is no different. It's just how it is. But as always we will ensure the good attitudes outweigh the bad.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So... Arm Wrestling!

We all know that Shenmue is rife with mini-games, but my favourite (yes even more so than lucky hit or betting) is without a doubt the Arm wrestling! But, don't ask me if I'm any good at it 8)

So, how far were you able to get? Some of those guys are just brutal, especially the area with the long line up of wrestlers. I even struggle at the very first wrestler you come across in the Worker's Pier. I can manage $40 but my fingers feel like they are about to snap off :P :oops: The $50 bet makes me feel like I'm going to have heart palpitations :-&

I think because, for me anyway, it's the toughest of the mini-games it makes it more addictive. That rush of adrenaline you get during the harder tiers is something that has endured all these years.

I hope it makes a return to Shenmue 3 \:D/
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

I made a tweet about needing a Paypal option on the shenmue.link site after the Kickstarter finishes so we could continue to donate. I sent it out to Yu, Biscay, Corsi and the official S3 page. Biscay has actually favourited it.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD

Riku Rose wrote:
Yama wrote: Nothing would make the wait for Shenmue III go by faster than this...

Obviously you're promoting this $30 on the 3rd thing but it would be awesome if we had something on the main page about this.

Done :)
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue HD

http://i.imgur.com/TpAJ2pq.png

Dojo member Riku Rose has created a topic on the Dojo forums urging fans to tweet Sony's Gio Corsi (#buildingthelist), the man responsible for bringing the most requested titles to Sony platforms.
Every single tweet will help improve our chances of seeing the first two Shenmue titles remastered.
Please take a few moments to send Mr Corsi a short message pledging your support!

Links: Shenmue HD Forum Topic | Gio Corsi on Twitter | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

We all love them... They were just meant to be a simple transition between one area to another, but they became so much more; pretty much a staple of the franchise, infact.

These screens, however, were just a sign of the times - when the hardware couldn't load everything up at once. Completely unlike today with the much bigger open world title's such as GTA V or Skyrim, able to load the world up around you constantly before your eyes without much or any hassle.

With the technology far more advanced from 14 years ago, how many of you believe Yu will keep these load screens in Shenmue 3? Frequent, semi-frequent, or removed entirely?

http://shenmuedojo.net/images/shenmue3/preview/large/Miao_village.jpg
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Tweets New KS Tiers/Goals Coming Soon + First S3 Artwork

These were all tweeted between 9 and 4 hours ago 8)

リワードの追加ですが、ただいま準備中、 少々お待ちを!#saveshenmue
"Additional rewards are currently under preparation, a little wait! #saveshenmue"

"ストレッチゴール近日公開!"
"Stretch goal coming soon!"

S3イメージ 涼&シェンファ@白鹿村
"S3 image cool & Sheng FA @ pengzhou village"

http://i.imgur.com/8WEpHaM.png
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD

Just signed up for the first to do this, but I am a complete twitter n00b. Do I do dm him or mention him in a tweet on my page? How does this thing work?

To the top right of the page where it says "Tweet", click on that and copy and paste this into the box: @giocorsi
Make sure there's a space directly after it, then type whatever you want to say and click "Tweet" at the bottom right hand side of the box. The tweet will be sent directly to him. He'd need to follow you for you to DM him, so this is the best way. :)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First Shenmue 3 Artwork and New Kickstarter Survey

http://i.imgur.com/RhhzF0j.png

Yu Suzuki has posted the very first Shenmue 3 artwork of Ryo and Shenhua on his official Twitter page .

A new survey has also been added to the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter . Backers of the campaign can vote for their favorite character and mini game - those with the highest votes could make a return. New tier rewards are also being considered, which include: Dragon and Phoenix replica mirrors, a physical Lucky Hit board, Ryo's watch & journal and stickers & patches . Supporters may also get the chance to voice a character or become an in-game NPC.

Links: Take the Survey | Shenmue 3 Artwork | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: An idea for people who want to donate with PayPal

Hyo Razuki wrote: I don't think adding a Paypal option would make that much of a difference for the Kickstarter. It might get like an extra 100,000 but it won't make a difference worth millions.

$100,000 is $100,000, every bit helps! ;-)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic