Search found 564 matches

Return

Re: Ryo's new clothes

Can't wait to see the new clothes. I'm really thrilled about this. :)
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you, frontpage news posters!

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys that keep updating the frontpage with news on a daily basis since the kickstarter launched, you're doing a great job! Can't really miss anything, since you're covering everything there is, which is awesome. Keep going! :)
by Monkei
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Key we need to Make Shenmue last push succesful Now!

ShenmueAddict wrote: I was late to do my pledge, just pledged the 80$ option tonight, cant afford to do any more though

Thank you for your support. :) Every effort counts. We have to do this.
by R3N
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #38: Masaya Matsukaze Confirmed & Monaco Meeti

Don't forget, the Monaco one also means you can attend the very first event that Shenmue III will be publicly shown at as well.

I wish I could afford $5k now! ^
by Supa
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KS Update #39 - Cedric Biscay - Shenmue, through and through

http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150716/lo87anqt.jpg

In todays Kickstarter update we get introduced to Cedric Biscay, the co-producer of Shenmue III and longtime fan of the series. A little Q&A has been put up for us to get to know him better.

Links & Hashtags: #TheFinalBlow #SaveShenmue
Kickstarter Update | Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by BlueMue
Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Be my +1 for the Monaco dinner!

Haha yeah just noticed it myself. I was fuku San only a few hours ago...

I was a member back in early 2000's as I played both Dreamcast titles, but to my shame I gave up on seeing the sequel after Yu left Sega, and my membership expired I think. I just want to meet him to apologise for it...

You're here now, and that's more than some can say.
by Mr357
Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (Update 15th July: Jail!)

NeoShredder wrote:
BUT it's slippery as hell...on rocks....QTE?

fail and its free battle time.
by johnvivant
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $315,407...

Have they been living under a rock? Its been on mainstream news, nevermind just gaming news.
by Peter
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

I'd like to thank everyone for donating on behalf of wude. He's helped me and many others in our community.

by Ziming
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Threw in the small amount needed to hit $600, we've capped! Any further donations will go to the server, so this event is over! Great job everyone!
by Yama
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw these from someone on facebook.. :D

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
by Axm
Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I couldn't help myself with all this hype!
I just raised my pledge by $100 from 500 to 600!
Now i'll have a message in the Choubu inn Guestbook. A very classy low key way to have myself in the game imo. :)
by Axm
Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is such an amazing thing. wude was always such a nice and wonderful part of this community. I remember one year, a particularly bad birthday for me, I had come home all pissed off and just overall annoyed. I logged into the dojo and had a private message from wude wishing me a happy birthday. Its such a simple thing but it really brightened up a horrible day and really made a really big difference to me at the time. I really hope he's ok and his absence is not a result of something serious. I'm sad I missed the opportunity to donate towards this, but I've decided to up my pledge in honor of both wude and all the other Shenmue fans who are unable to see this day. "For wude"
by Thief
Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Discussion about the floating sword

Ryo: Excuse me, did you see a man by the name of Lan Di come through Chobu village?

NPC: Well, I heard a rumor, that a black car flew threw the village on that rainy day. It even splashed mud on the assistant from the Yangshuo V.E.T. English language school!
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish we could have done this for Reuben Kee too, but I didn't think of it until now. For those not familiar, he was a composer and Shenmue fan who died in a boating accident in 2007. I'll try to link his cover of the Shenmue credits music, but mobile might make that tough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mN4QFpKauq0
by Mr357
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (17th July: Ming Ming)

Suzuki posted this on twitter for reaching 60k backers.

by Himuro
Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 now the 9th most funded Kickstarter

We have overtaken Reading Rainbow which was funded for $5,408,916.

https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/most-funded
by Ziming
Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oops! That's what happen when you are writing in a foreign language!
by Nicolaoua
Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would you like to see Shenmue III have an orchestrated O

Absolutely! I'm listening to one of the pieces on the Orchesta OST that is still unused in the games right now .
It would be criminal to let this grand epic theme go unused. It's fine on the CD but I want to hear it play along a super epic cutscene in Shenmue III.

https://youtu.be/iRq0LGMxfWg
by BlueMue
Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've noticed that this PS site is giving us some good coverage. Nice to see!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/07/ ... i_campaign?

Now let's break that record!
by Dragon St.
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (17/7: MORE RYO $5.6 Mill. ROAD TO 6)

Best Ryo yet imo!

So many Ryos today!
by NeoShredder
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Thanking the dojo and it's members

Hello.
I am a new member to the dojo, pleased to meet you all. I finally decided to create an account given the recent events (shenmue 3 existing). Although i never registered i have been visiting the dojo over the years in order to remind myself that i wasn't alone in loving this game.
Like many others, i had given up hope of ever playing any new shenmue game, but you guys kept the hope alive and maintained your commitment to it.
Thank you, it's because of you that the kickstarter exists, it's because of you that the story can continue.

May the dojo live forever.

Sorry if the texts has any mistakes in spelling or grammar, being portuguese, english is my second language.
by zema
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Comes to a Close, Reaches $6.3m in Crowdfund

And that's a wrap. Just watched it close. Well done everyone! :D
by Sonikku
Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki has confirmed PayPal funding Post-Kickstarter

http://i.imgur.com/cBiBMCB.png

At today's Twitch stream, Yu Suzuki has revealed that they will open funding through Paypal after the Kickstarter has finished, those who wish to continue to support Shenmue 3 can now do it without time constraints. The PayPal link is not up yet, so check back here later.

Source: Twitch Stream
by Rikitatsu
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter Ends At $6,333,295; 69,320 Backe

Thank you, guys! Thank you, beloved Shenmue community! We did it! We really did it! No words describe my feelings right now. Thank you, Yu Suzuki, for giving us this amazing opportunity to step up for our most special masterpiece.

I guess I will write more later, when I start to realize what just happened over the course of the past month. As for me, I pledged right on day one, and joined in as many community Kickstarter events as possible (e.g. 30onthe3rd). In the final four minutes, I upped my pledge by another 15$ to reach a nice number. Shenmue is amazing. Yu Suzuki is amazing. We are amazing. Fuck it, we almost made another million today, for crying out loud. This is just the best day ever. (That is, until Shenmue 3 hits the shelf, of course.)

Everybody who supported the Kickstarter, thank you.
Everybody who supported the fans, the community, the effort and Yu, thank you.
Everybody working behind the scenes, thank you.
Everybody at Ys Net, thank you.

Today is our day, let's rock hard and party loud!
by CodingGenesis
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This will go down as my proudest moment ever as a gamer. I gave literally every dollar I could without hurting myself. We did it, guys. We made the miracle come true. And now, with PayPal having been announced, I have NO DOUBT that we will get the Shenmue game we have waited for for the better part of 20 years. This is a momentous day I shall remember for the rest of my life.

I love you all and am so grateful to you all, and so honored to have been a small part of this process.
by Anonymous81
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is so surreal. Reading your piece there Sonoshee, it really made the events of the last month hit home with me. This has truly been amazing. What an incredible time to be a Shenmue fan
by JaySw34
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Such an amazing result!

Thanks to Yu for never letting the dream die and thanks to all the fellow fans who got Shenmue 3 in the record books!

And with PayPal confirmed and the continued fight to get the HD remakes there's still more to be done!
by joka
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am so happy to be part of such a great, wonderful community. Thank you guys, for everything. *sheds some tears and hugs everybody*
by CodingGenesis
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 1&2's 3D Character Modeler To Work On Shenmue 3

http://i.imgur.com/V9s9alW.png

Yu Suzuki has revealed on the latest Twitch Stream that the modeler who did Shenhua's 3D model in Shenmue 1 and 2 is coming back to work on Shenmue 3. He was referred to as "Mr.Ito", presumably Takashi Ito . Yu Suzuki and Kenji Miyawaki also reiterated their commitment to improve the characters faces in Shenmue 3.

Source: Twitch Stream
by Rikitatsu
Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finally Time...

Absolutely! A month with 4 hours sleep per night MAX!

From ebay auctions, payments, deposits, Dojo moderation, Facebook messages, updates, tweets, credit cards, postage, packaging, 2 jobs, lack of food, life decisions, worries, fears, dinners, rewards, trolls, videos, images, websites, messages.....

Not kidding, i could disappear tonight and not resurface until Shenmue 3.
by Peter
Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It can take up to 7 days apparently for Kickstarter transactions to go through.
by Anonymous81
Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forbes claim $20 million is already secured privately

Bloodstained received 90% of its funds through private investment and openly admitted after the campaign ended that the Kickstarter was used to gauge interest, so I don't know why Shenmue 3 has gotten so much shit for it (especially as no one actually knows any of the facts and much of the speculation has been proven false).

But still, I would love if we got a lot of private investment. If this 20m is true, I will be happy. It would be awesome if it secured even more investment now that the KS was such a success and a record breaker.
by Reprise
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know if Yu will announce when he has the full $6.3 million in his hands? Still uneasy that there could be issues with Kickstarter not being able to deduct money from some people's accounts (bank declining, not enough funds etc...)
Don't forget KS fees need removing- Ys net are getting approx. 90%, so around $5.7m.

Of that approx. $4.43m is actually going on development with the remaining going on reward fulfillment. (Not sure which pot the in game content reward comes out of though).

And the 7 days is the timeframe you have to fix a payment if their first attempt isn't successful- they will automatically make a second attempt at the end of the timeframe.

So you should see the money come out within 24 to 48 hours of the campaign closing.
by joka
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulatory Videos: Happy Console Gamer & Adam Koralik

Youtuber's Happy Console Gamer and Adam Koralik congratulate fans and the Shenmue communities involved in helping fund Yu Suzuki's Shenmue 3 Kickstarter.

Videos: Happy Console Gamer | Adam Koralik
by Ziming
Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joining the Community

Hey all,

I had no idea this community even existed until a couple of weeks ago. Sadly, I was one that loved Shenmue but had given up on a continuation ever happening. I remember reading the Official Dreamcast Magazine with Ryo on the cover and wondering what in the world Shenmue was (I still have every issue and demo disc). Little did I know that it would turn into a lifelong favorite of mine.

The magazine previews and trailers that came on the discs were enough to entice me to preorder the first Shenmue. It was just one of those games that I couldn't put down (with the exception of sleep and work). There have been few games that really pulled me into the story in as close to a full immersion as I think a game has ever come. When it ended, I was disappointed as there was no ending, but was expecting it given the previews. I eagerly anticipated the sequel so I could continue the story. Then disaster.

Living in America, we were one of the only primary gaming communities to not get Shenmue II on Dreamcast and I had no intentions of buying an Xbox for the port. I cursed Sega for leaving us out, but it was them who truly cursed themselves as Sega has never been the same since the end of Dreamcast. I figured that my time with Shenmue was at an end until a couple of years later, a friend of mine in college had gotten into Dreamcast. He's about as hardcore a Dreamcast pirate as I had ever seen as he had download dozens of Dreamcast titles onto his computer... including the European version of Shenmue II. He offered to burn me a copy and I accepted in order to continue the story.

I had to read the subtitles in order to understand the depth of the story but it truly was a masterpiece; being an incredible continuation. I remember playing through it while my girlfriend at the time (now wife) watched me play. Once I was done and the cliffhanger left all of us up in the air, I started to hope to hear news of a continuation. As time dragged on, I had kept my Dreamcast primarily for the Shenmue games, but it seemed as though the story would never complete. I had given up hope of a continuation as Sega seemed to be in the gutter.

Then there were murmurings that Mark Cerni was in talks with Yu Suzuki about potentially reviving Shenmue on the PS4. I was truly excited at the prospect but the murmurings went away... until last E3. Before the show, people were anticipating a potential Shenmue 3 announcement as they do every year and I remember posting that it would never happen; I had given up hope. Of course, when Yu Suzuki walked out on stage my jaw dropped. They announced the Kickstarter campaign and I suppose the rest is now history.

Feeling a bit guilty about participating in pirating Shenmue 2, I put in $100 into the kickstarter. My wife remembered how much I enjoyed the series and regardless that money is tight for us gave the ok for the $100 backing as my birthday gift. I figure it would cover the $50 I would have paid for Shenmue II as well as the $50 I would happily pay for the third game.

I'm really excited to have been part of the kickstarter and it was seeing so many fans in the comments that made me decide to join Shenmue Dojo's community. I look forward to anticipating the new game with all of you on these boards and plan to eventually buy a Ryo Hazuki First Four figure for my shelf when I can come up with $150+ for it. Here's hoping that Sega announces an HD remaster of the first two games.

Telekill
by Telekill
Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nocon Kid & Shenmue III

Suzuki just seems like such a nice, humble bloke, yeah. He must have thanked us about ten times on the stream last night. The fact that he started crying a couple of times on the stream, just goes to show how much this project means to him.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So... Arm Wrestling!

Since I have one of those turbo controllers laying around here again...

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 6M Lottery!

Why would they give the $6 million to one "lucky" backer anyway? It's other people's money and they want it going towards the game.
by phinal
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Final Countdown Video (Twitch)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulatory Videos: Happy Console Gamer & Adam Korali

We did it guys. We Fucking did it!!!!!!

The last month has been such an amazing experience. Despite everything, all the negativity, all the hate, all the clickbait articles, all the people going out their way to destroy the franchise, WE CAME OUT ON TOP!!!. The odds have always been against us, but we refused to give up and continued to push forward together.

I'm part of other communities, but this fanbase is the one i consider a second family. We all got each others backs and it showed.

No doubt the fight will continue in the future. Trolls will continue to troll, gaming journalist will try and use their influence to damage the franchise as will certain youtubers. But they will NEVER EVER be able to stop us. Our passion, dedication, support and determination is our greatest strength. We are unstoppable!!!!!!!

Everyone raise a glass.

SHENMUE IS BACK BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Target, SHENMUE HD. WE'RE COMING FOR YA!!!!!!
by ShenSun
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Screw them. The industry is stuck in a constant loop of the stale, boring shit that we get nowadays, thanks to those dumbass "journalists" who just are happy with nothing but mediocrity. If I want to support my old favourite series, then that's my own choice to do that. It's my own money and whatever they say won't change my own mind. People should just think for themselves.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic