Search found 152 matches

Return

Re: Tokyo Otaku Mode interview with Yu Suzuki

TOM: The previous part ended in a cave, right?

S: Which is exactly why 3 will start from searching Bailu village. I don't know what the hell I was smoking when I came up with that sequence in the cave so it's best to ignore it ever happened.

TOM: What?

S: Well I had to come up with a crazy cliffhanger to make people want Shenmue 3. I thought over these 14 years I'd find a way to explain that floating sword and giant mirrors but I just couldn't think of anything.
by SMDzero
Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does the "be in the credits" goal work

First name: Shenmue4
Middle name: Is
Last name: Coming
by SMDzero
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

I just thanked Sony by buying a PS4
by SMDzero
Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What if Shenmue 3 wasn't on PS4 and PC...

What if Shenmue 3 came out on Tiger handheld? I can't imagine fitting the whole Waring Kingdoms into a tiny LCD screen...
by SMDzero
Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 dreams

It would suck if you woke up and it was June 15th and you realized the last 8 months were just a dream and there IS NO SHENMUE 3.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would basically be like Cypher from the Matrix and demand to go back into the dream even knowing the dream world with Shenmue 3 wasn't technically real.
by SMDzero
Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 can't promise 60fps but can promise sexy girls

Honestly some games don't even need to be 60fps. With the exception of racing and fighting games a rock solid 30 is perfectly fine.

Some would argue that some games are better served with 30fps just like film is better served at 24fps.
by SMDzero
Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prologue for Shenmue 3

What will the new prologue text for Shenmue 3 be?

My idea:

"Turmoil has engulfed Guilin. The taxation of trade routes to outlying villages is in dispute.

Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly warships, the greedy Chi You Men has stopped all shipping to the small village of Bailu.

While the People's Republic of China endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, Yuanda Zhu has secretly dispatched Ryo and Shenhua, the guardians of peace and justice in the Orient, to settle the conflict...."
by SMDzero
Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Looks like the U.S. just pledged 100 million to the Syrian rebels... maybe they could pledge 3.5 mil of that to Shenmue 3 instead??? I'm sure Syria can get along just fine with 96.5 million.
by SMDzero
Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

Love that we see why the QTE sounds were changed in Guilin. For some reason the different QTE sounds really impressed me like Shenmue was evolving.
by SMDzero
Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 opening scenes

I think a great way to open up shenmue 3 would be to have ryo washing his clothes at shenhuas house. Just washing his jeans, t shirt and leather jacket and then hanging them out to dry by the shenmue tree. Not only would it give relief to the fans concerned with ryos hygiene and add realism, it would also open the game in good humour!

Just imagine the epic shenmue music playing, the sound of water splashing. Camera fades in to see ryo washing his clothes in a wooden bowl in shenhuas modest kitchen, wringing them out and then going outside into the morning sun and hanging them up to dry. The camera pans up towards the sky and an eagle flies overhead. The eagle gives its iconic shenmue "caaaawww caaaaaaawwww". The camera follows the eagle as it flies towards the sun. Camera zooms in on blinding sun and the shenmue 3 title screen fades in as the music reaches a crescendo.

The camera zooms in on the blinding sun shining brightly up Ryo's naked ass! The Shenmue 3 logo then appears over Ryo's butt-cheeks.

Then we see a hand slap Ryo's ass and it's Shenhua!

Seriously I see no reason why Ryo wouldn't be butt-naked in the solitude of Shenhua's house while he's washing his clothes.

16 years of living together made them VERY comfortable around each other.

But seriously the game needs to start in the cave... we can't be cheated out of that moment of exiting that cave and investigating the sword/giant mirrors again.
by SMDzero
Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

I hope Suzuki has given up smoking! We need him to live to a ripe old age to see Shenmue 5 released in 2051
by SMDzero
Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last dinner in Tokyo...

Is any one of the dinner backers gonna be cheeky and show up wearing a black and white stripped shirt?
by SMDzero
Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last dinner in Tokyo...

Maybe one of the hidden stretch goals is a new shirt for Yu Suzuki?
by SMDzero
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

I don't want to be a negative nancy but what if:

the reason we always see YS with the same shirt is because we are actually dead ?

I have a great feeling, still feels so weird and tingly thinking SIII is happening.
Quite plausible:
The wait for Shenmue III did seem like some sort of purgatory. Perhaps the long awaited announcement finally represents our transcendence into heaven.

What if the game comes in the mail... we put it into our system.... and then nothing happens.

We sit there looking at snow on the TV screen for a long time for hours .. and then come to the dreadful realization that we all died back in 2001 when Shenmue 2 came out.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UyY-BqDfHp8/UN88AuOMKnI/AAAAAAAAImo/MR-j_Oq1UYs/s1600/scatman+crothers-the+shining-danterants-blogspot-com.jpg

We all weren't ready to die until Shenmue 3 came out so we stayed in the land of the living until the day came.
by SMDzero
Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lan Di? Just a man.

One thing that always struck me in Shenmue 2 was how Lan Di had to hold on to the helicopter rope ladder with his hand.

In Shenmue 1 Lan Di seemed ungodly powerful and invincible but in Shenmue II he seems so human and frail having to hold on to the rope ladder for dear life. You would think that Lan Di would have been able to balance perfectly on the ladder without having to hold on if his invincible aura he had in Shenmue 1 had carried over.

I think we're going to see a more human and vulnerable Lan Di whom Ryo will have a real chance of beating in a fight. Especially how we'll see Lan Di with people equal to and even exceeding his rank in the Chi You Men.
by SMDzero
Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long do you think Shenmue III will be ??

I'm just gonna have Ryo stand there in Bailu Village for a good 5 minutes just taking the enormity of it all in. We're here and we did it at long last, dreams have become a reality.
by SMDzero
Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Monthly update

February seems just around the corner, considering we have almost exactly 2 years to go until release. The Ryo model in the recent update (glossy jacket one), already looked different to the E3 model, so I imagine it's probably been updated somewhat since then. Wonder if it's now unrealistic to expect anything new from PS experience, after we got the monthly update yesterday.

It's crazy how fast time is going by though. It was a 2.5 year development period and now we're down to 2 years even.

We're already 20% of the way there...

2 years is also only 63 million seconds away.. should we start a countdown??

All we have to do is count to 1000 one thousand times and do that 63 times and then we will have Shenmue 3.
by SMDzero
Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

That's awesome we got 100k already. We're basically guaranteed another stretch goal too which makes the Paypal a resounding success.
by SMDzero
Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slacker Backer promo video by Adam Koralik & Corey Marsh

Some rich crazy person might donate 3.5 million on the last day to get us to 10 million.

I believe in miracles! [-o<
by SMDzero
Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di? Just a man.

But he's Lan Di.. basically a god among men. I don't think balancing on a ladder with no hands is too much to ask a man with his super human capabilities.

What super human capabilities? The ability to beat the shit out of a 50 year old man? I must be a god.

First of all Iwao was a 46 and in get shape.. he had a great diet of carrots. He also had the best Dojo in all of Yamanose. Plus he trained with Lan Di's father.. who coulda been quite the martial artist if he hadn't been killed.

Look Iwao fought Lan Di hard and gave him all his best shots.... and the man kept coming. He was like a super human god who couldn't be touched.
by SMDzero
Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue IV a possible reality at this point?

Cederic said his goal for Shenmue 3 was to sell 1 million copies. I assume that's the kind of number it needs to achieve to get a Shenmue 4.

If all 70,000 backers commit to buying 15 copies of Shenmue 3 each (to give to friends and family) then we will hit the 1M sales figure and ensure Shenmue 4!
by SMDzero
Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: is bailu village real?

PILMAN wrote: I know guilun(sp?) is real but how about bailu village? Or do you think it's made up? I checked on google about anything relating to it, nothing found though.

It's true, all of it.

Lan Di, Ryo, the Dragon and the Phoenix.... they're real.
by SMDzero
Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3:My Final Thoughts

Domosuke, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
by SMDzero
Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 lottery

Spaghetti wrote: Go run a powerball simulator. You'll see why this is a bad idea.

I ran a powerball simulator and actually won once..... kinda depressing really.
by SMDzero
Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why? - Playing as Other Characters

I hope it's not like MGS2..... what if we play as Ryo in Bailu Village and then all of a sudden the "real" playable character shows up...Megumi!

We're then forced to play through Choubu and Baisha as Megumi in order to avenge the death of the cat from Yamanose!
by SMDzero
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

I know I'm gonna get wrapped in the mouth for this but.. what if they used Sonic Adventure-type glowie balls at the start of the game?

You could touch the glow ball and it would say "Welcome to Bailu Village!"

There would be a train in Bailu Village and it would say "The train heading for Choubu Village will be departing soon."

For the announcement of Baisha, Yu Suzuki would come on the screen and say "Here's what I really spent your money on bitches!!!.. BAISHA BABY!!!!"
by SMDzero
Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

Why does Ryo hate cookies?

Because everyone keeps saying to him "Oh hey Oreo!"
by SMDzero
Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Jokes Thread

What does Ryo wash his hair with?

Shenpoo.
by SMDzero
Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

GYO6161 wrote: Now if you were on disc 3 and it was time to go home after a day of work and you don't have enough money for the bus, what happens? :0

Maybe Ryo is forced to beg in the harbor next to the homeless man.
by SMDzero
Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Update Ideas/Improvements?

Just wide screen support, 1080P 60fps, optional timeskip in Shenmue 1, Japanese and English dub, and... ABILITY TO TRANSFER SAVE TO SHENMUE 3!!!!!!:) :):):)
by SMDzero
Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why does Fuku-San hate his father?

Because he kept telling him "F*ck-You-Son!"
by SMDzero
Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di? Just a man.

I don't know... having to hold on the ladder with his hand seemed to me like a sign of weakness. Think of a bicycler riding with no hands compared to a less experienced bicycler having to hold the handle bars with one hand to remain steady.
by SMDzero
Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think I figured out the ending to Shenmue 2..

I finally understand what the "proof" is that Shenhua's father was talking about. Ryo had to prove that he was "the one" who held the pheonix and that his mirror was legit.

See....only the REAL Pheonix mirror could activate elaborate mechanism revealing the giant mirrors. And since the design on the giant mirrors look EXACTLY like the small real ones.. Shenhua can cross check them against Ryo's mirror to prove it's indeed one of the original mirrors.

Shenhua's father basically set up a device which would prove that Ryo was the "one" referred to in the poem of Bailu Village! He had to set up the contraption so his daughter could follow Ryo with his permission and full confidence.

He also knew that the sword was the "key" needed to unlock the mirror pedestal.. he knew that the spirit of Shenhua's ancestors was contained in the sword (since it's the sword of 7 stars and Shenhua prays to her ancestors by looking up to the big dipper)) and that Shenhua had the power to insert it since she has the power of her ancestors.

Shenhua's father basically created a two part puzzle.... one only Shenhua could activate with her powers and the other only Ryo could activate with his mirror.
by SMDzero
Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What type of tea is Ryo and Shenhua apparently still drinking in Bailu Village?

Chai.......... ehhh....brought back due to popular demand!!!
by SMDzero
Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What happened to Goro when he went to the States to hang with Tom?

He was immediately jailed for the statutory rape of Mai and sentenced to 30 years in federal prison.

"Ahhhh... I'm getting sent to the can my man!!!!!! I hope I get out in time...ooooooohhhhh!!!!!!!"
by SMDzero
Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's interview by Red Bull and new screenshots

I guess it's conceivable that a year has gone by and Ryo and Shenhua have been living together for nearly a year in Shenhua's house. Maybe they'll even have a newborn child when Shenmue 3 starts? :king:
by SMDzero
Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why is Shenmue 3 losing the Advanced Free Battle and Ragdoll reaction stretch goals?

Because Hillary Clinton gave a speech to Shibuya Productions and they had to pay her $600,000. out of the budget :cry: :cry: :cry:
by SMDzero
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's the "bad ending" of Shenmue 3 right before the final fight between Ryo and Lan Di.

Lan Di: Come on, get up! Get on that line! Get on that line, Hazuki! You're worthless! Your father's nothing! Get up, man! You're no fighter! Get up! You suck, Hazuki! You suck, man! And your father's karate shit! You hear me! It's shit!

[Ryo looks over to Shenhua]

Lan Di: You're a joke, Hazuki! Your karate's a joke and your father wasn't worth shit! He's nothing! He's nothing! And you're nothing! I own you! I own you, Hazuki! Where's your little Jap teacher now, huh! He was a phony, man! He was a fake and he didn't teach you nothing! Your karate's shit! You hear me! Get up!

(Ryo gets up bows to Shenhua and starts doing Tai Chi)

Niao Sun: Get him Lan Di.. he's hallucinating!

(Lan Di attacks Ryo and.... kills him right there).
by SMDzero
Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

The way I sees it.... the last 15 years have jus' been one long-ass loading screen for Bailu Village.
by SMDzero
Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Well that's it...what a ride. Funny they confirmed Ryo would retain his ugly mug.... but what about retaining the Shenmue font?? LOL
by SMDzero
Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah we're stretching here.

It basically illustrates how Shenhua is comfortable and confident around nature while Ryo (one-a dem superior-summabitch city boys) has a harder time navigating the terrain.

We see this in Shenmue 2 when Shenhua easy runs through the forrest while Ryo just barely makes it though unscathed IF the player performs all the QTEs correctly.
by SMDzero
Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenhua looks like she's in a trance-like state.

Maybe Lan Di has her under mind-control and she is walking off a cliff and Ryo is desperately trying to pull her back?
by SMDzero
Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I got a lot of support on my way to Monaco through reactions on this Twitter Image:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcHfFfGW0AAST6P.jpg:large

It's not easy to have a trip from the Netherlands to Monaco by plane with a young family at 3:30AM on Friday 26th.

My most valuable moment of MAGIC was during the signing session; My eldest daughter was showing the Ryo Statue to Yu Suzuki (before she had a bad feeling about drawing with a permanent marker on her statue :P )
Yu pushed his Golden iPhone 6Plus to our side of the table and asked to make picture with him and the kids.

The interpreter took some pictures; 1,5hours later we discovered this tweet from Yu himself:

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/703595764409245697

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcOsmedVIAAe9ii.jpg:large

Thankful for the support I got from my beloved wife :heart:

That little girl stole Suzuki's shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!
by SMDzero
Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Most shocking Shenmue 2 ending you can think of.

It's safe to say that even after 14 years we're all just now starting to pick our collective jaws off the floor after witnessing the most esoteric event in the history of vidogames close out Shenmue 2.

What pray tell would or could have made this ending even more bizarre?

I always thought Ryo and Shenhua could have turned around in that cave and saw Iwao Hazuki standing there. THAT would have made the ending truly mind-blowing.
by SMDzero
Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most shocking Shenmue 2 ending you can think of.

Ryo and Shenhua turn away from the giant mirrors and see Lan Di standing there butt-naked.

Lan Di: Help me!! On my way here I got caught in the rain and had to burn my clothes in the cave to stay warm!!!

Ryo: You walked naked all the way here?

Lan Di: Don't have to rub it in but yes! I mean I was surrounded by nature.. walking the trail.. listening to the music.. it was kinda liberating.

Shenhua: You DO realize there was wood in that cave you could have burned instead of your clothes.

Lan Di: Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shenhua: You just wanted an excuse to walk through nature naked didn't you?

Lan Di: Well...... hey Ryo can I at least borrow your pants until we get to Bailu Village.. then I promise we can have some epic fight or whatever.

Ryo: I just bought these!

Shenhua: Just give him the pants I don't want to drag him into Bailu Village bare ass naked!

Ryo: Ahh.. at least wash them when you're done.

Lan Di: Yeah not going to do that. oh these jeans are so restrictive I'm used to my free flowing dress!

Ryo: Damn!

THE STORY GOES ON....
by SMDzero
Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic