Search found 152 matches

Return

Re: How long do you think Shenmue III will be ??

I'm just gonna have Ryo stand there in Bailu Village for a good 5 minutes just taking the enormity of it all in. We're here and we did it at long last, dreams have become a reality.
by SMDzero
Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Monthly update

February seems just around the corner, considering we have almost exactly 2 years to go until release. The Ryo model in the recent update (glossy jacket one), already looked different to the E3 model, so I imagine it's probably been updated somewhat since then. Wonder if it's now unrealistic to expect anything new from PS experience, after we got the monthly update yesterday.

It's crazy how fast time is going by though. It was a 2.5 year development period and now we're down to 2 years even.

We're already 20% of the way there...

2 years is also only 63 million seconds away.. should we start a countdown??

All we have to do is count to 1000 one thousand times and do that 63 times and then we will have Shenmue 3.
by SMDzero
Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

That's awesome we got 100k already. We're basically guaranteed another stretch goal too which makes the Paypal a resounding success.
by SMDzero
Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slacker Backer promo video by Adam Koralik & Corey Marsh

Some rich crazy person might donate 3.5 million on the last day to get us to 10 million.

I believe in miracles! [-o<
by SMDzero
Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di? Just a man.

But he's Lan Di.. basically a god among men. I don't think balancing on a ladder with no hands is too much to ask a man with his super human capabilities.

What super human capabilities? The ability to beat the shit out of a 50 year old man? I must be a god.

First of all Iwao was a 46 and in get shape.. he had a great diet of carrots. He also had the best Dojo in all of Yamanose. Plus he trained with Lan Di's father.. who coulda been quite the martial artist if he hadn't been killed.

Look Iwao fought Lan Di hard and gave him all his best shots.... and the man kept coming. He was like a super human god who couldn't be touched.
by SMDzero
Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue IV a possible reality at this point?

Cederic said his goal for Shenmue 3 was to sell 1 million copies. I assume that's the kind of number it needs to achieve to get a Shenmue 4.

If all 70,000 backers commit to buying 15 copies of Shenmue 3 each (to give to friends and family) then we will hit the 1M sales figure and ensure Shenmue 4!
by SMDzero
Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: is bailu village real?

PILMAN wrote: I know guilun(sp?) is real but how about bailu village? Or do you think it's made up? I checked on google about anything relating to it, nothing found though.

It's true, all of it.

Lan Di, Ryo, the Dragon and the Phoenix.... they're real.
by SMDzero
Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3:My Final Thoughts

Domosuke, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
by SMDzero
Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 lottery

Spaghetti wrote: Go run a powerball simulator. You'll see why this is a bad idea.

I ran a powerball simulator and actually won once..... kinda depressing really.
by SMDzero
Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why? - Playing as Other Characters

I hope it's not like MGS2..... what if we play as Ryo in Bailu Village and then all of a sudden the "real" playable character shows up...Megumi!

We're then forced to play through Choubu and Baisha as Megumi in order to avenge the death of the cat from Yamanose!
by SMDzero
Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

I know I'm gonna get wrapped in the mouth for this but.. what if they used Sonic Adventure-type glowie balls at the start of the game?

You could touch the glow ball and it would say "Welcome to Bailu Village!"

There would be a train in Bailu Village and it would say "The train heading for Choubu Village will be departing soon."

For the announcement of Baisha, Yu Suzuki would come on the screen and say "Here's what I really spent your money on bitches!!!.. BAISHA BABY!!!!"
by SMDzero
Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

Why does Ryo hate cookies?

Because everyone keeps saying to him "Oh hey Oreo!"
by SMDzero
Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Jokes Thread

What does Ryo wash his hair with?

Shenpoo.
by SMDzero
Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

GYO6161 wrote: Now if you were on disc 3 and it was time to go home after a day of work and you don't have enough money for the bus, what happens? :0

Maybe Ryo is forced to beg in the harbor next to the homeless man.
by SMDzero
Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Update Ideas/Improvements?

Just wide screen support, 1080P 60fps, optional timeskip in Shenmue 1, Japanese and English dub, and... ABILITY TO TRANSFER SAVE TO SHENMUE 3!!!!!!:) :):):)
by SMDzero
Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why does Fuku-San hate his father?

Because he kept telling him "F*ck-You-Son!"
by SMDzero
Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di? Just a man.

I don't know... having to hold on the ladder with his hand seemed to me like a sign of weakness. Think of a bicycler riding with no hands compared to a less experienced bicycler having to hold the handle bars with one hand to remain steady.
by SMDzero
Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think I figured out the ending to Shenmue 2..

I finally understand what the "proof" is that Shenhua's father was talking about. Ryo had to prove that he was "the one" who held the pheonix and that his mirror was legit.

See....only the REAL Pheonix mirror could activate elaborate mechanism revealing the giant mirrors. And since the design on the giant mirrors look EXACTLY like the small real ones.. Shenhua can cross check them against Ryo's mirror to prove it's indeed one of the original mirrors.

Shenhua's father basically set up a device which would prove that Ryo was the "one" referred to in the poem of Bailu Village! He had to set up the contraption so his daughter could follow Ryo with his permission and full confidence.

He also knew that the sword was the "key" needed to unlock the mirror pedestal.. he knew that the spirit of Shenhua's ancestors was contained in the sword (since it's the sword of 7 stars and Shenhua prays to her ancestors by looking up to the big dipper)) and that Shenhua had the power to insert it since she has the power of her ancestors.

Shenhua's father basically created a two part puzzle.... one only Shenhua could activate with her powers and the other only Ryo could activate with his mirror.
by SMDzero
Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What type of tea is Ryo and Shenhua apparently still drinking in Bailu Village?

Chai.......... ehhh....brought back due to popular demand!!!
by SMDzero
Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What happened to Goro when he went to the States to hang with Tom?

He was immediately jailed for the statutory rape of Mai and sentenced to 30 years in federal prison.

"Ahhhh... I'm getting sent to the can my man!!!!!! I hope I get out in time...ooooooohhhhh!!!!!!!"
by SMDzero
Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's interview by Red Bull and new screenshots

I guess it's conceivable that a year has gone by and Ryo and Shenhua have been living together for nearly a year in Shenhua's house. Maybe they'll even have a newborn child when Shenmue 3 starts? :king:
by SMDzero
Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why is Shenmue 3 losing the Advanced Free Battle and Ragdoll reaction stretch goals?

Because Hillary Clinton gave a speech to Shibuya Productions and they had to pay her $600,000. out of the budget :cry: :cry: :cry:
by SMDzero
Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's the "bad ending" of Shenmue 3 right before the final fight between Ryo and Lan Di.

Lan Di: Come on, get up! Get on that line! Get on that line, Hazuki! You're worthless! Your father's nothing! Get up, man! You're no fighter! Get up! You suck, Hazuki! You suck, man! And your father's karate shit! You hear me! It's shit!

[Ryo looks over to Shenhua]

Lan Di: You're a joke, Hazuki! Your karate's a joke and your father wasn't worth shit! He's nothing! He's nothing! And you're nothing! I own you! I own you, Hazuki! Where's your little Jap teacher now, huh! He was a phony, man! He was a fake and he didn't teach you nothing! Your karate's shit! You hear me! Get up!

(Ryo gets up bows to Shenhua and starts doing Tai Chi)

Niao Sun: Get him Lan Di.. he's hallucinating!

(Lan Di attacks Ryo and.... kills him right there).
by SMDzero
Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

The way I sees it.... the last 15 years have jus' been one long-ass loading screen for Bailu Village.
by SMDzero
Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Well that's it...what a ride. Funny they confirmed Ryo would retain his ugly mug.... but what about retaining the Shenmue font?? LOL
by SMDzero
Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah we're stretching here.

It basically illustrates how Shenhua is comfortable and confident around nature while Ryo (one-a dem superior-summabitch city boys) has a harder time navigating the terrain.

We see this in Shenmue 2 when Shenhua easy runs through the forrest while Ryo just barely makes it though unscathed IF the player performs all the QTEs correctly.
by SMDzero
Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenhua looks like she's in a trance-like state.

Maybe Lan Di has her under mind-control and she is walking off a cliff and Ryo is desperately trying to pull her back?
by SMDzero
Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I got a lot of support on my way to Monaco through reactions on this Twitter Image:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcHfFfGW0AAST6P.jpg:large

It's not easy to have a trip from the Netherlands to Monaco by plane with a young family at 3:30AM on Friday 26th.

My most valuable moment of MAGIC was during the signing session; My eldest daughter was showing the Ryo Statue to Yu Suzuki (before she had a bad feeling about drawing with a permanent marker on her statue :P )
Yu pushed his Golden iPhone 6Plus to our side of the table and asked to make picture with him and the kids.

The interpreter took some pictures; 1,5hours later we discovered this tweet from Yu himself:

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/703595764409245697

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcOsmedVIAAe9ii.jpg:large

Thankful for the support I got from my beloved wife :heart:

That little girl stole Suzuki's shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!
by SMDzero
Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Most shocking Shenmue 2 ending you can think of.

It's safe to say that even after 14 years we're all just now starting to pick our collective jaws off the floor after witnessing the most esoteric event in the history of vidogames close out Shenmue 2.

What pray tell would or could have made this ending even more bizarre?

I always thought Ryo and Shenhua could have turned around in that cave and saw Iwao Hazuki standing there. THAT would have made the ending truly mind-blowing.
by SMDzero
Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most shocking Shenmue 2 ending you can think of.

Ryo and Shenhua turn away from the giant mirrors and see Lan Di standing there butt-naked.

Lan Di: Help me!! On my way here I got caught in the rain and had to burn my clothes in the cave to stay warm!!!

Ryo: You walked naked all the way here?

Lan Di: Don't have to rub it in but yes! I mean I was surrounded by nature.. walking the trail.. listening to the music.. it was kinda liberating.

Shenhua: You DO realize there was wood in that cave you could have burned instead of your clothes.

Lan Di: Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shenhua: You just wanted an excuse to walk through nature naked didn't you?

Lan Di: Well...... hey Ryo can I at least borrow your pants until we get to Bailu Village.. then I promise we can have some epic fight or whatever.

Ryo: I just bought these!

Shenhua: Just give him the pants I don't want to drag him into Bailu Village bare ass naked!

Ryo: Ahh.. at least wash them when you're done.

Lan Di: Yeah not going to do that. oh these jeans are so restrictive I'm used to my free flowing dress!

Ryo: Damn!

THE STORY GOES ON....
by SMDzero
Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue confessions

I never trained my moves for more than 30 seconds.

I always thought the move training and leveling up system was confusing and obtuse.

I never actually used any of the moves I learned in free battles.. I just KKK PP KKK PP.....

I thought it sucked that the second half of Shenmue was just trying to get a dang boat ticket.

I thought Ryo saying "perhaps they're out?" after witnessing someone enter their home was THE most immersion breaking experience.

I thought Xiuying had to be in Shenmue 1 and I just missed her. I thought Xiuying was the "Madam Butterfly" that Oishi San referred to.

I was upset about Shenmue 2 being cancelled on DC but wasn't TOO upset. I was more excited about getting a PS2 and playing FFX and MGS2.. I chose against getting an Xbox even though (in my mind) it was a choice against ever playing Shenmue 2. (I didn't think I could realistically import the DC version)

I thought it was weird that the look controls weren't inverted (I was used to N64 camera controls).

I once ..ughh..."thought" about Nozomi in an... ugh... "impure" way...... ugh if you ... ugh.. get my drift....... 8-[ I blame that commercial maybe....
by SMDzero
Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you include in Shenmue 3 so it's more realist

As part of the character perspective system there should be a sequence where Ryo motorboats Niao Sun..... But then Ryo looks up and finds hes really been motorboating MASTER CHEN!!!!
by SMDzero
Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I & II not losing a poll on SegaScream.com anymo

I did the honors myself. I basically kept reloading the site using proxies and voted for Shenmue 50 times!!!
by SMDzero
Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki interview by Shenmue Dojo & Team Yu (MAGIC 201

Best part of the interview is that only 20% of Shenmue's music has been used!!!! And that the other 80% was already composed!

That's means we're going to get tons of great new music tracks in Shenmue 3 and possibly beyond!

I was afraid we'd get crap new tracks (due to budget) and the only good stuff would be recycled from the previous two games.
by SMDzero
Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll

Whoever has is entitled to their opinion.

Im not voting since there is no option for "I don't care about how 7 letters look like on a bit of paper. After 14 years of having no style of letters whatsoever I will be playing the game regardless".

People are entitled to their own option but not their own facts.

Sure people may be totally fine with the "new" logo, hell they may even LIKE the new logo.

However to say they think the new logo is better than the original is just intellectual dishonestly at best and a blatant attempt to violently hijack a democratic poll at worst.
by SMDzero
Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hmmmmhmm

"They think that the new logo is better than the original is just intellectual dishonestly (which should be dishonesty) at best and a blatant attempt to violently hijack a democratic poll at worst."

So.... just so I am clear, a person is not allowed to have an opinion, if they go against the run if the grain, they are intellectualy dishonest, violent, and undemocratic

Bravo pal. You have just made my Internet reading for today =D>

Also subversion, treason, and cyber-terrorism! ;-)

Seriously, you know Awesome Japan is going to see this poll and see that even ONE VOTE is sufficient justification to keep the new logo :sad:
by SMDzero
Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

FlagshipFighter wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:Can't believe we're only $6000 away from that $6.6 million milestone. Fingers crossed for an update after we pass it.

Cool, so what's that, around 300K raised post-Kickstarter? That's great!

6.6 million stretch-goal: Original Shenmue logo reinstated!
by SMDzero
Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ps4k and shenmue 3

Maybe in the 4K version they can use the original logo?

I think with the added resolution 4K provides, making the cursive writing legible should be easy.
by SMDzero
Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're now at a dismal 89% for wanting the original logo.

Would someone please explain why they "prefer" the new logo?? ---> No judgments will be made if the rationale is that you can't read cursive, ignorance is no crime it's just something to be remedied through education.

We'll start a Cursive Writing 101 class here at the Dojo and by late next year you'll all be lean mean cursive reading machines!!!
by SMDzero
Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue title change

Ryo Hazuki Likes Me (I Reckon Maybe).

Dude where's my Mirror?

Ryo and Lan Di Go to Funny Bear

Fukuhara Got Fingered.
by SMDzero
Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just found out about Shenmue 3

EDITED:

It must have been a huge surprise indeed. Good thing you missed the days when it seemed the funding had stalled @ 3.2 million or so.. for a while it seemed we'd be getting a story focused Shenmue.

Fortunately we're now at pretty close to 7 million.. way way past 5 million that really was the goalpost for a filled out game content wise.

You should reserve your copy via paypal!
by SMDzero
Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #55: April Report

Seriously? Were people confused that because of this one update, we now had to choose between Japanese and English dub?? Really? Masaya Matsukaze was the first VO announced, followed by Corey Marshall. THEN, an extra KS reward added was a personalised VO message from Corey to each and every fan who pledged that amount. I mean... what do you think was gonna happen? Have Corey come in, record 4000+ voice samples or whatever the fuck it was and tell him to piss off? Come on chaps, use your common sense?

Not only that, but we are still 10 months into a development cycle of a brand new game, and we have had numerous suggestions taken on board! Most of them have been taken on board, some haven't. Get over it. We are fans before pledges. Remember that. Anyone who argues that is kidding themselves otherwise we wouldn't be posting here! We are such a long way off from this game being released. I mean it with all the sincerity I can muster, but some people need to lay off the Internet. That's that I have done, because I am such a fan of this game as all you are, and if I stay logged in and tear every single piece of news and update apart, then this game will be nothing to me when it's released. My release came almost 1 year ago, not at the end of every month. And my ultimate orgasm will come when this game is running on my console in 18 months time. Seriously go grab a cup of tea, or take up trainspotting. It will help in the long run!!

Enjoy the speculating guys. But for the long term advantage, I'm our :nice!:

I concur. I think we ought to all forget about Shenmue 3 for a while or we'll all be driven insane by every monthly "update".

We're in for a long dry spell anyway where there won't be anything to show or talk about.

It won't be until E3 2017 before there is a concrete trailer and we'll be able to get excited again.

A year ago Yu spat in the faces of the gaming industries worse criminals, Phil Spencer, Peter Moore...didn't we know there would be some casualties?
The Shenmue 3 wait was always going to get worse before it got better.
by SMDzero
Sun May 01, 2016 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

In your opinion, did Cédric Biscay say too much this time?

http://i.imgur.com/P1w7bJX.jpg

Q: Why not launch a crowdfunding for the Xbox One version? It's a shame to do without 20 million of players.

A: The PS4 has console exclusivity.

Q: Did Sony buy the exclusivity? The Kickstarter FAQ's says Xbox One version is not impossible.

If true/confirmed, what could a strong Sony PS4 exclusivity mean for the future (and the past) of the Shenmue franchise?
Honestly... to hell with microsoft! They had their chanses! Like over a decade. Also Yu Suzuki contacted them. Where were they? Busy making halo 26?

Personally there's not a single title on xbox that I'm interested in. And after Shenmue 3 Kickstarter I don't care about it at all.

Microsoft was smart to pass on he title... Shenmue has proven to bomb on Xbox.

Xbox gamers by and large aren't the sort that can appreciate experimental games like Shenmue.

Show an Xbox gamer a game where your character doesn't have a gun and the object isn't to kill everyone and he will not know what to do.

Xbox gamers like xtreme continuous action type games.. not Shenmue.

Not sure if i completely agree with this statement. Sure Shenmue 2x commercially bombed, but the original xbox hardly had much traction in terms of install-base at the time. Factor in that basically no game for xbox OG sold well outside of halo. I actually chose an xbox OG over ps2 for shenmue 2, no other reason, and i was like 15.

As for console demographic, I'd have to disagree further. Sure, there was a difference in gamers tastes and needs back in the 6th gen era, but there's hardly a difference between xbox one and ps4 gamers now, especially since console parity is closer than ever and the mass market/audiences have grown. You could make a case for Japanese gamer enthusiasts leaning towards PS4 but this 'dude-bro' image that you have for xbox gamers definitely isn't the case and I'm sure there's just as many of them for ps4. Don't forget that the likes of xbla was what curated storefront for independent and unique titles.

Anyway tl;dr Shenmue 3 deserved a second consideration for MS, and by the looks of things Phil Spencer said he wanted to focus on first parties which is okay (even if really Cedric told us that they presented a low offer and unenthusiastically. I'm glad YS.NET took whatever decision lead to actually getting the game in a steady traction)

I've just encountered too many Xbox owners who are obsessed with snowboarding, weed, and mountain dew. I try to show them Shenmue 3 and they don't like it :sad:
by SMDzero
Sun May 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

Best we can hope for is a Shenmue 3 teaser trailer and (GOD willing) Shenmue 1&2 HD announcement.
by SMDzero
Sun May 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA currently "investigating" making Shenmue 1/2 HD hap

So Sega basically confirmed Shenmue 1 and 2 HD is not in production.

So they'd like to do it? Great.

They would have liked to do Shenmue 3 also...but they never did, did they?

We ave to be clear here: Sega IS NOT making Shenmue 1 and 2 HD and they do not have anything to do with Shenmue 3 except allowing Yu Suzuki to use the license and agreeing to take a cut of the games profit.
by SMDzero
Thu May 12, 2016 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic