Search found 1 match

Return

Shenmue 3 Marketing

First of all hello, I'm new to the site but I've been a part of the Shenmue500K for a while and have loved the games since my first time playing Shenmue at around 6/7 years old.

It is my belief that we should treat ourselves as an extension of the marketing for Yu/Shenmue 3 and whilst it's all well and good to have us each, individually spread the word we would gain more from moving as a team. These are a few ideas to help achieve that and raise more funds.

gaming sites

I have seen much confusion across websites like Gamespot and IGN, people are confused about the platform switch, about the sony-funding and about the game in general. We need to remedy all that negativity with positivity and we can do that much better as a team than arguing with comment after comment on our own.

If we systematically choose a site each day and focus our attention on it (again, all of us) then we will get heard. We need to flood the comments section with positive views on Shenmue, with responses to the negativity without losing our shit and with links to the kickstarter.

We also need to be smart about this. There is no point in filling up an xbox one or wii u article with Shenmue links. Focus our attention on PC and PS4 articles - when it comes to PS4 focus on the fact SONY helped revive the franchise, play on fanboys feelings towards Sony and convince them to check it out. Tackle not only the Shenmue-specific articles but go onto other e3 announcement articles and recent articles and say something along the lines of "this looks/sounds interesting but have you guys seen Shenmue 3?" with a link to the kickstarter.

I can't stress enough how much we need to do this together. Non-shenmue fans outweigh Shenmue fans and one or two comments will get lost in the sea of "what is it?" or "it doesn't look good." That's why I'm suggesting some sort of system where we focus on a different site each day.

31 days of Shenmue - twitter, instagram

31 days of Shenmue (despite it having like 27 days left) could be a movement in which we all post (around the same time) the hashtags #saveshenmue #31daysofshenmue #shenmue3 on those sites mentioned above with pictures and videos of Shenmue gameplay. On Instagram you have # pretty much any number of things. So do the hashtags then add random hashtags so it goes into other feeds. #games, #cute, #fun, #sony #sega, #ps4, #bestgame, and so on.

one post a day from 24,000 of us (roughly the number in 500k) would make people see us.

Let's play Shenmue1/2 - twitch, youtube

Anyone who has even the slightest following on those sites should be doing a lets play of one of the older shenmue games now. (I know everyone doesn't have free time but even a few videos during this period would help) It's a brilliant way to get people interested if they cannot afford the now sky-rocketing previous games. These let's plays can be shared across facebook and twitter easily.

Working as a team

I've stressed it already but actually having some organisation and doing things at the same time or at least, in the same day will get us heard a lot more than random comments here and there on articles. Again - I know not everyone has as much free time as others but doing something like 31 days of shenmue on instagram would take a few seconds to snap a picture of something Shenmue related or just a picture you find online.

I really believe having some sort of order to the chaos will help. Having a timetable-like approach to articles and gaming sites will get us heard.

Anyway, I hope someone notices this. Let's #Saveshenmue
by craigbarker
Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic