Search found 144 matches

Return

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

Well, I'm out. This bitterness and consternation is not why I participate in online discussions. Having my posts misrepresented and being told what I can and can't think/feel is where I'm done basically.

For the record: game looks great to me for 3 months. I can and do respect the views of those who disagree. I stand by what I said.

I'm just going to back the game silently and privately other than the tweet-a-thon regularly.
You're not going to stop posting are you? You're a great poster and I really like reading your views on things!
by KidMarine
Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: China interview with Yu Suzuki (Nov 19)

Switch wrote: Q: Is there any plan to release an Outrun-like racing game in the future?
Yu: We do have plans to release such a game.

Wow, that came out of nowhere!

If there's one series I might love even more than Shenmue, it's Out Run.
by KidMarine
Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: full list gift Yu received during china press conference

What a beautiful heartfelt sentiment!
by KidMarine
Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Monthly update

They said roughly once a month, right? Not on the dot.
by KidMarine
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Japan COO - "Shenmue is an important IP to us"

freakycritter wrote:
iyapol wrote: The guy was in charge of marketing the Saturn and the Dreamcast? How does be still have a job?

In Japan.

Segata Sanshiro was a stroke of genius.
by KidMarine
Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Holiday wishes

Peter wrote: I have a disgusting Christmas confession....

I was so pushed for time this past few months I didn't get the chance to reply Shenmue. I feel like a bad father now :cry:

Contacted services, they're coming to take Shenmue away from you. You're not fit to have it.
by KidMarine
Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue IV a possible reality at this point?

Then we have to wonder, is Shenmue III going to be a full $60 retail release or a $30 download? Some number crunching...

500,000 copies sold at $30 each is around $15 million.
1 million copies sold at $60 each is obviously around $60 million.

It's definitely going to be a full on physical release. Cedric confirmed that during a stream and they're offering $60 for a physical PS4 copy on the PayPal page.

Given that there are 30 million PS4 owners right now, and two years to go, I don't think 1 million sales is out of the question. If only a small percentage of PS4 owners are curious enough to buy a copy then that's a million sales. Not to mention how many Steam users there are out there (although that's purely digital and will presumably be cheaper).

You mean if all 70'000 backers spend around 750$ on top of what already spent to support Shenmue3 development?

How much Champagne did you drink during the holidays? :roll: :lol:

I'm hardly rich but I could probably put $750 away over the course of two years if I had to. I'd probably spend that much on coffee on my way to work. Little things add up.

Not that I'm saying any fans should buy 15 copies, we've absolutely done our part. But I'll probably be putting aside money to buy multiple copies when it comes out. Caffeine is supposed to be bad for you anyway.
by KidMarine
Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Franchises That Were Tainted by the 7th Console Generati

Might be easier to list franchises that weren't ruined. I can only think of Mario and Yakuza.
by KidMarine
Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Must Have Games For Must Have Consoles

Nice lists! Mine are:

Mega Drive

1. Alien Soldier
2. Battle Mania Daiginjou
3. Phantasy Star IV
4. Bare Knuckle III
5. Shinobi III

Joint best 16 bit system alongside the PC Engine (fuck the SNES, overrated JRPG and slowdown machine). I think Bare Knuckle III is the best in the series. Shame they messed with it when they brought it over to the west. Sonic 1,2,3 & Knuckles, Streets of Rage 2, MUSHA, Gunstar Heroes, Alisia Dragoon, Shining Force II, Panorama Cotton, Revenge of Shinobi, Ristar, Thunder Force III and IV, Rocket Knight Adventures, Castlevania Bloodlines, Contra Hard Corps and Dynamite Headdy all almost made the list.

Mega CD

1. Sonic CD
2. Snatcher
3. Popful Mail
4. Lunar: The Silver Star
5. Final Fight CD

Very underrated system. Sonic CD is the best Sonic game and probably my favourite 2D platformer full stop. Snatcher is an amazing experience and tied first for my favourite Kojima game alongside the first MGS. Shining Force CD, Robo Aleste, Sol-Feace, Time Gal, Road Avenger and Keio Flying Squadron all nearly made the top five.

32X

1. Virtua Racing
2. After Burner II
3. Space Harrier
4. Knuckles Chaotix
5. Virtua Fighter

Pretty slim pickings here, these are pretty much the only good games on the system! Virtua Racing is a great port, better than the Saturn version, as is Virtua Fighter. In fact the 32X port of Virtua Racing is probably still the best one. Even better than the PS2 one, which has slightly dodgy handling. The 32X versions of After Burner II and Space Harrier are great and the best versions available at the time, but the Saturn versions came out a few years later and were completely arcade perfect, rendering the 32X versions a bit obsolete. Chaotix is a great game once you get the hang of it.

Saturn

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga
2. Virtua Fighter 2
3. NiGHTS Into Dreams
4. SEGA Rally
5. Virtual On

Very difficult for me to choose just 5, the Saturn is my favourite system of all time. Radiant Silvergun, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Panzer Daragoon 1 and 2, Fighters Megamix, Bulk Slash, Daytona, Batsugun, Guardian Heroes, Shining Force III, Sengoku Blade, Deep Fear and Virtua Cop 2 all very nearly made the top 5. Wonderful system.

Dreamcast

1. Shenmue II
2. Jet Set Radio
3. Crazy Taxi 1/2
4. Capcom Vs. SNK 2
5. Shenmue

Probably my second favourite system of all time behind the Saturn. An arcade fanatic's dream, SEGA and Capcom arguably at their best. It seemed like every week a new batch of colourful brilliant games would come out. Bursting with creativity and new ideas. Rez, Soul Calibur, Power Stone 1 and 2, Chu Chu Rocket, Samba de Amigo, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Rival Schools 2, Ikaruga, Space Channel 5 1 and 2, Cannon Spike and Gunbird 2 almost made the list.
by KidMarine
Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ps4 - to buy or not to buy

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm planning on getting a PS4 and a brand new TV some time in 2017 purely for Shenmue. I thought about getting one earlier, but nothing really interests me on the system except Earth Defence Force.
by KidMarine
Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are your top 10 favorite SNES games?

Thief wrote:but none of them were anywhere near as deep (mechanically) as the best of Super Nintendo -- especially Link to the Past or Super Metroid.

No offence but how are they even remotely mechanically deep? Not even close in terms of mechanics to something like Alien Soldier or Ranger X.
by KidMarine
Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GameTrailers.com shutting down - effective immediatly

They were probably the only major gaming outlet that wasn't staffed by clueless assholes. They had actual passion and a love for gaming and it showed. They will be missed.
by KidMarine
Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GameTrailers.com shutting down - effective immediatly

Giant Bomb stinks. Everyone stinks in fact. I love video games but I can't force myself to visit any gaming sites besides this one to be honest.
by KidMarine
Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could we have made 10M?

They probably set the bar too low at $2 million. It gave the impression that that was all it needed and there was no need to donate once it passed that amount. Whether it could have made $10 million or not it's hard to say.

I'm just glad it got to $6 million, Advanced Free Battle was a must. Cedric said his personal goal for the KickStarter was $5 million IIRC.
by KidMarine
Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Let's retweet this tweet like no else! Gotta show Shenmue 3's true hype power!
=
===> https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/703497381023584256

http://s19.postimg.org/fu5gr6jlv/hypeshen.png
Looks like Shenmue 3 is the top Facebook trend ATM!

https://twitter.com/NovinWorksPlus/status/703715039652368390

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcQZGYkUYAAPoLu.jpg
by KidMarine
Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 backers by location

The Dreamcast and the original Xbox were more popular in the west than in Japan. If Shenmue had been released on the Saturn that list would be totally different!
by KidMarine
Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SPOILERS AHEAD] And if all the cave mess was a dream ?

He didn't just put the fantastical elements in there for the hell of it. Ever since the beginning Shenmue was always going to feature the supernatural and otherworldly, such as Shenhua appearing in Ryo's dreams.

Maybe he introduced those elements earlier than he originally intended, but the Shenmue saga was clearly always going to deal with "magic" and the supernatural at some point.

I love the stuff at the end of the second disc by the way. I love works of fiction that strive for realism for the most part, but suggest that there is something more to this world than we can conceive. The reimagined Battlestar Galactica is a (mostly) great example of this.
by KidMarine
Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll

Sonoshee wrote: Nobody had any problems with it back in 1999/2001, so why is the font problematic now? :???:

People have gotten dumber.
by KidMarine
Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll

Kiske wrote: Gave it another shot.

More satisfied now... needs some PRO tweaking :mrgreen:

That's absolutely 100% perfect.
by KidMarine
Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

I've been tempted too this last days to make a pledge and put the 6.6M$ mark behind us!
Since baby number two is expected very soon now, my wife would have killed me though :lol:
Do you want your kid to grow up in a world where Shenmue 3 didn't make 6.6 million on Friday the 29th? It would be irresponsible not to donate!
by KidMarine
Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Living in Tokyo (Updated Yokosuka and Dobuita pictures!!

When the Shenmue saga is finally finished it would be so amazing to go on a tour of all the locations. Dobuita to Hong Kong to Guilin and beyond.
by KidMarine
Thu May 05, 2016 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pretend it's May 1999

Sonic Adventure looks amazing! Sonic has a long and fruitful future in 3D!
by KidMarine
Tue May 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Shenmue III matters - Kotaku Article.

For that matter, I kept reading crap about Japanese games being too Japanese, and not western enough

That's 99% of games journalism, sadly. Partially because western games are mostly very dumbed down compared to Japanese games and partially because journalists are friends with people who work at western studios.
by KidMarine
Mon May 23, 2016 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Direct feed Magic Monaco footage

There's some direct feed footage of the videos shown off at Magic Monaco at about 1:11 here- https://youtu.be/BSZwkuBRB4c?t=70

Better than shaky cellphone footage!
by KidMarine
Tue May 24, 2016 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #56 - May Update

Looks like Ren and Shenhua crossing a narrow ledge. In the last update we saw Ren and Shenhua together as well.

http://i.imgur.com/8mpUyIJl.png

I'm guessing at some point Ryo gets captured and Ren and Shenhua have to work together to rescue him? We have seen concept art of a jail cell...
by KidMarine
Tue May 31, 2016 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I want that jacket so fucking bad...

Maybe we should all put our money together and share it like that one episode of The Simpsons with that comic book.
by KidMarine
Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

How about they just don't write the flying sword out of the game? The mirrors and the Qing dynasty are obviously mystical if not outright magic.
by KidMarine
Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

We may not have seen more of the game, but this update really made me smile.

https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/jTE1yVgn_s8Zodf-fxf-oyiHGnE3mnw9LR4a2YvjjIFplges-adNcI8j33QPrSOnCgZzhGvpqr9qah9q0DmiS1-C1D1d9qL0RgYL-UjhiM6gGzvIiSwNnJ8VmACFhFRkpiP0NuMNd8rBMZgzZnZ0zleICNPafQtcq80Lj6XxIxq0EdllWj_MLdJMRHIeZmyw-WV0vEIS5SRZF1lphbI6ExIUwfMDvhmwobbgkYi656L0LjnD5cFFbzpwXCkX59kZ=s0-d-e1-ft#https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/013/913/235/001dfddcad7bcd0f12c5934b5550cb33_original.jpg?w=700&fit=max&v=1475133029&auto=format&q=92&s=5338728f014a1ae46f2fb6bab1623b9d

Is that Drake on the right?
by KidMarine
Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

IGN's God Hand review is still the single worst piece of video game journalism ever, which is saying a lot. I wonder how many sales God Hand (a masterpiece) lost because of that garbage.

Oh well. At least no-one reads games journalism any more.
by KidMarine
Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Size and detail of the world

I recall a year or so ago Suzuki compared Choubu in scale to Kowloon, and this is a while after he compared it to Dobuita, so I guess he may have changed the size of it. Perhaps after it made $6 million instead of $2 million? We also know that the forest around Bailu is going to be 4x4 km.
by KidMarine
Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Size and detail of the world

I recall a year or so ago Suzuki compared Choubu in scale to Kowloon, and this is a while after he compared it to Dobuita, so I guess he may have changed the size of it. Perhaps after it made $6 million instead of $2 million? We also know that the forest around Bailu is going to be 4x4 km.
I think the Kowloon comparison wasn't about the size, but more about the density and general aesthetics.
I can't find the link, but I'm 99% sure it was in reference to "scale".
by KidMarine
Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why are today's game players so negative?

It's not just games. People complain and nitpick about movies, comic books, TV shows etc non-stop too. People just complain. When there's nothing to complain about they just make shit up. It's beyond me.
by KidMarine
Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you still hyped?

Dude I can't wait.
by KidMarine
Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

Spaghetti wrote: January 18th

$6,701,078

73,658 Backers

Fuck yeah!

by KidMarine
Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When do you think we will see in this month's update

What the hell is taking so long? I have half a mind to complain on the Internet!
by KidMarine
Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm starting a hunger strike! I will not eat until we get an update!
by KidMarine
Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flagship's Shenmue Design Projects

Wow, nice! You should totally sell some of these SEGA stands on etsy or ebay, I'd buy one!
by KidMarine
Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KidMarine wrote: I'm starting a hunger strike! I will not eat until we get an update!

Holy shit I'm starving.
by KidMarine
Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The media is one of the most awful, immoral and sickening things in the world. They're out for themselves and they don't care how many lives they ruin with their lies. There is no more journalism any more.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your father. I only hope it helps to know that the number of people who believe everything, or indeed anything they read in the media is dwindling.
by KidMarine
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

With the game being scheduled to be released by the end of the year, backers rightfully expect by March either footage of the game in final stages or a delay with an apology.
You'll struggle to find any video game genuinely in its "final stages" 9 months away from a proposed release window.

Don't let promotional materials inform you of how advanced a game is, because I guarantee you 90% of the time it is smoke and mirrors. Case in point: Final Fantasy 15's 2013 E3 reveal. Looked pretty advanced, but it was all bullshit ginned up for a press conference and would take another three and a half years to release.

Don't put an arbitrary date on when you expect to see footage by either, because you'll likely just set yourself up for disappointment and anger.

What we want to see is coming, but it really is just a case of being patient.
Smartest post in this thread. When you see a complete looking game at E3, either it's a few months away from launch or what you're seeing has been specifically worked on just to be shown off and the rest of the game is nowhere near that state. Which is frankly a waste of resources even for a major studio, never mind one with limited funds.
by KidMarine
Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

DOS wrote:
We were told it is ‘safe to assume a PC/Steam release’, there has been no indication that the Shenmue HD Remasters will appear on any other platform.

No PS4? Fake!
:withstupid: :iagree:

SEGA making a stupid decision actually adds more credence to the story.
by KidMarine
Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your HD remaster cravings?

Anonymous81 wrote:Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (will NEVER ever happen people hate that game lol. I'm weird. :p)

What? Who hates that game? Tell me and I'll fight them.
by KidMarine
Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: one shenmue song...

The one that plays when Ryo wakes up on Wong's boat. I wish I could remember what it was called. Gives me chills every time.
by KidMarine
Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

http://i.imgur.com/CCT7B9n.jpg

Either Dr Who has showed up, or that must be the phone box in the little village where you can make your phone calls back home (on the right)
Nice eye.

I guess this may be Bailu? Does any of it look familiar?
Does that stuff in the middle look similar to Miao Village to anyone else?

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/shenmue/images/8/8a/Bailuvillage2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140118173305
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/shenmue/images/4/4c/Bailuvillage.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140118173105
by KidMarine
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jesus Christ Shenmue III is really happening. It's still sinking in for me.
by KidMarine
Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic