Search found 144 matches

Return

Re: Got Sonic & Sega All Star Transformed on sale

Great game. Remarkable that a small British studio with a small budget managed to put every Mario Kart to shame.
by KidMarine
Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

If they put out an amazing trailer at E3 with the words "March 2018" at the end, no-one will honestly give a shit about the delay as long as it looks good.
by KidMarine
Fri May 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Physical Collector's Edition?

BUY MULTIPLE COPIES AT LAUNCH IF YOU WANT A SHENMUE IV. THIS CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH.
by KidMarine
Fri May 26, 2017 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

I don't wanna start throwing personal insults at him for differing opinions, but I'm totally not surprised Gerstmann reacted like he did given the old history with Shenmue when he worked at Gamespot.

I do think Giant Bomb can be suffocatingly negative though, and it always seems to reach its nadir during press conference season. Their E3 2015 stream was awful for me (not because of Shenmue reactions, I expected that), because this was the first E3 with GB for two of their usually high-energy new hires and Jeff just sucked the fucking life out of the room throughout.

They're the perfect example of people who have their hobby turned into a job, and react accordingly. E3 is basically gamer Christmas, and I'd rather not spend it with people who treat it just like a particularly grueling work day.

Actually, for the first time in over five years I'm not going to tune in to any of their E3 coverage because of this. I've even been weaning myself off their podcast(s) after they spent 30 minutes bitching about stuff they didn't like in a game they all agreed they loved at the top and tail of the conversation.

This is coming from someone who was a paid subscriber to their site for like two years too. The Dojo's E3 stream is the only one I'm going to watch that isn't just a direct feed of the event with no commentary. Game punditry can get fucked.
http://i.imgur.com/GXsPEJp.jpg
by KidMarine
Sun May 28, 2017 5:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

1 - It's a shame about E3, and we're almost certain to see a delay, but I'll live.

2 - Very surprised to see some people complaining about the model. The skin texturing obviously isn't done, resulting in a plastic/cartoon look, but besides that it looks great. It's actually soothed some of the worries I have about the way the game will look.
by KidMarine
Mon May 29, 2017 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

With the correct textures applied, you really couldn't see the new guy as a street fighter in Kowloon or something? He's unfinished but he fits more or less fine.
by KidMarine
Tue May 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Peter wrote:Sega..... It's over to you.

That's never a comforting thought.
by KidMarine
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega..... It's over to you.
That's never a comforting thought.

That's true, but even though I am not fully up to date with what they are doing regularly, the soundbytes coming from them have been positive, and backed up by the releases of Bayonetta and Vanquish. They have been slowly making the right calls lately.
We've all been burned by Sega before, but I'm willing to believe.
by KidMarine
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

south carmain wrote:I guess we can expect a trailer at next years E3 then.

Time to restart the clock!
by KidMarine
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue 3 Suck?

I want it to be really good. My hopes are mild. I think it's more likely to be a meh game. I only hope it sells well so we get a fully funded Shenmue 4 and fills in a good bit of the story we've been waiting to hear. Before the game was announce I think most of us reached a point where we wanted a manga, book or something just to know the rest of the story.
I'm normally a miserable negative douche, but I think you're selling it short. I think we're all going to be pleasantly surprised.
by KidMarine
Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

Some thoughts after a few hours of play:

This isn't just a "return to form", this is the best one. This is better than the 16 bit games. This is pure joy in video game form. Every second is fun and exciting, every single second. I was grinning the entire time. Just travelling around, spinning and jumping is an exhilarating experience.

It isn't just a throwback, either. It takes the originals as a foundation and builds on them. Every second something exciting is happening. This is unbelievably good, beyond my wildest expectations.

And it's huge! The levels are gigantic! When I finish a level I get the feeling I've seen maybe 25% of what it has to offer, I'm going to be replaying this game for a long time.

Believe the hype.

One early boss battle in particular will just blow your mind
I know exactly which one you mean. I had to pause it I was laughing so hard. It's emblematic of the whole game, just joyous.
by KidMarine
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

I'm starting to like Ryo's model more and more. It's not quite there yet, but it's not far off.
by KidMarine
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we should stop making comparison with the original Dreamcast games and just have faith in Yu.

Just look how far we have come since E3 2015 announcement.

http://i.imgur.com/cQLtKo0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KICuysK.jpg

The future has never been so bright for the Shenmue Series.
Suzuki San is doing the best he can to give the fans "The full Shenmue experience"...
Let's just support him as much as we can.
I'm honestly not even sure why I didn't like Ryo's new model at first, it's a very nice update of his Dreamcast model.

I think whenever we see something new from Shenmue 3, the initial reaction is going to be "This isn't how I imagined it!!!" which is understandable, followed by judging what we've seen on its own merits.
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good, but not perfect. Ryo (and Shenhua too in the first image) should look like this http://i.imgur.com/kjW1BnE.jpg or this http://i.imgur.com/JIThlIf.jpg and Shenhua should look like this http://i.imgur.com/wmpbeDH.jpg Is this too much to ask for? There should be NO exceptions. If they don't look like this, then I will be very disappointed.

The exact same yesterday's Ryo model with just some fixed hairstyle is going to look exactly like your first example 8)
I don't know about Shenhua tho, we all love that amazing cg artwork but it's also very cartoonish and probably not suited for an actual ingame use.
There are so much radically different looking version of her out there that i wonder what they're basing ther new model on.

Ok, but the Shenmue Online Ryo should be the one that they must aim for. That is THE Ryo, it's perfect. It doesn't seem like the current Ryo looks anything like that, yet. Also, I don't think Shenhua looking "cartoonish" is a bad thing at all (even though I don't think she does, but whatever!) because the main point is that this version of Shenhua looks amazing. Just like with Ryo, they should definitely try to replicate this because it is THE Shenhua!
The Ryo from an unreleased MMO is the real Ryo? Not the one we went through two games with?
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

Peter wrote: An answer to the entire logo issue will be something I am absolutely making sure I leave Germany with so sit tight. If I can't get an answer publically, I will make sure and get it privately.

You're the best dude, seriously.
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan-Edits & Tweaks of New Images Thread

Spaghetti's edit is by far the best I've seen by a factor of about a thousand, and it's only a few minor modifications.
by KidMarine
Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

That's Ryo alright. Looks almost the same as he does on the Shenmue 1 box. All they had to do was change the lighting a bit.

Shame that font is there, but very happy and excited otherwise.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

It's all kicking off!
How crazy it is that we are finally seeing banners and promo stuff for a game that a lot of thought would never exist!?! The fact that Yu is standing next to a Shenmue 3 banner (alongside a banner for a well known publisher) absolutely blows my mind! 16 years and over half my life in the making and I could not be happier!

(someone steal me that banner when the conference is over please)
It's happening. It's really actually seriously happening.

Ryo looks really good here. Now, if only people would stop complaining and just be glad that Shenmue III is really, actually fucking happening.
People on the Internet? Not complaining?!
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Enigma wrote: SUPER STAR WARS

Platform: SNES
Year: 1992

Review (in-depth):

It's fucking hard!

Believe it or not, TESB is even harder.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan-Edits & Tweaks of New Images Thread

Remember when everyone was universally wowed by Nocon Kid’s awesome remaster?
Had the Shenmue 3 team used a similar Ryo, this debate would be nonexistent.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLfOOUqUsAAG0z5.jpg:large

It’s especially frustrating knowing that he’s on the team, and yet they’re choosing to go in a completely different direction…which is nowhere near ‘there’ yet.
But he never looked like that in the games. This is a game, not a tech demo like passport or a piece of promotional art. I don't want Ryo to look like that in-game.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Boy that logo sticks out. It really sucks.

Other than that - HYPE. That looked pretty fucking good. Obviously the facial animations aren't there yet (probably waiting for actual voice recording to take place), but the Shenmue feel is there. And the environments are spectacular.

I'm amazed by just how cinematic it looks. Especially the bit where he's fighting the fisherman guy. And Chobu really does look like a watercolour come to life.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

He said in an interview a few years ago (maybe 2012/2013ish) that if it was up to him the series would take 5 games to complete.
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

Buy multiple copies of 3. Pester your friends until they get copies too. Give them out as Christmas gifts. Steal from your loved ones if you need the funds. Let's make sure Shenmue IV becomes a reality.
by KidMarine
Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing chapters in Saturn version?

Senpai Gamer wrote: What do you all mean by the "train scene"? What chap was that in?

I believe it was supposed to be between leaving Hong Kong and arriving in Guilin. It's how Ryo got there.
by KidMarine
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

200 NPCs? Holy shit. Isn't that about the number of NPCs in Shenmue II's Wan Chai? I wonder if they'll all be approachable and unique a la the previous games.
Bit of a late response, but according to the Shenmue wiki, there are 263 NPCs in Wan Chai. No idea if this is complete or accurate, but there it is - http://shenmue.neoseeker.com/wiki/Category:Characters_of_Wan_Chai
by KidMarine
Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

I could live with the new logo, but I really want the cursive one.
by KidMarine
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

Yu Suzuki seems to be implying that different areas of Shenmue 3 will be varied, from closed world to a more expanded open world setting, based on the village or environment. Intriguing possibilities. Could very well experiment with microscopic mechanics of a Zero Escape series or similar in certain scenes and expand out to a grander macroscopic Shenmue III in other locales.
I think Bailu is going to be more microscopic and Shenmue 1 like, Choubu will be more macroscopic and Shenmue II like, and Baisha is going to be something totally new.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

It's a remote mountain village, I'm guessing it'll be an old pinball machine from the 60s or so, nothing cutting edge.
by KidMarine
Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's total nonsense. I'm all for legit criticism, but that shot of Ryo looks great.
by KidMarine
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Teaser Surpasses 700,000 Views

In fairness, I can't think of a games website that hasn't either always been shit or become shit in the last few years.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

So close to $6.8 million. That would be a nice number to close the slacker backer on too.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sorry but

looks significantly better than the model you posted.
by KidMarine
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

October 2016:

August 2017:

by KidMarine
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

Ren's going to get encased in Carbonite.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

I vastly prefer the cursive font but the new one has grown on me quite a bit.
by KidMarine
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

This combined with Yu's statements that the game has tripled in size and Chobu's population has gone from 50-60 NPCs to 200 have left me very confident in the end product.
by KidMarine
Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Yep, buy multiple copies at launch. That's my plan.
by KidMarine
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega Dreamcast: Collected Works

Read-Only Memory are Kickstarting a new Dreamcast book that not only has interviews with people who worked on Shenmue, but a nice Shenmue bookmark. There's also a limited Shenmue (and JSR and PSO) special edition of the book. Anyone interested? I have the Mega Drive book they did, it's really cool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-dreamcast-collected-works
by KidMarine
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III - ALL THE FACTS AND INFORMATION (THUS FAR)

We saw an Excite QTE cabinet in one of the development update videos last year. As far as I know the only confirmation we have of Lucky Hit is the fact that having your face on a board was one of the backer options during the Kickstarter.
by KidMarine
Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Henry Spencer wrote:My random thought: Has the notebook been confirmed as coming back for III?

Yes, you can definitely see it in one of the dev room videos.
by KidMarine
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

A significant portion of the money spent on Shenmue's development was in creating the engine and the tools that were so far ahead of anything else. The plan was to roll the engine out as a standard for future Dreamcast games, but that sadly never came to be.
by KidMarine
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Technophilz wrote:it's really painful to say I didn't like it at all

Oh there's a fucking surprise. Also a WIP of one of 400 NPCs isn't as good as the main characters of a Naughty Dog game? No shit.
by KidMarine
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

If you think the animation won't improve over a test, you're not just wrong, you're delusional.
by KidMarine
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic