Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: [video] - Full Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Twitch Broadcast

Rough transcript of the interview by benayun88 (don't waste your time on the video, really) :
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48103
by Yokosuka
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

That's exactly what I said. People care more about rewards than they do about some clown in a chat room. The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has still managed to become one of the most successful Kickstarters of all time in spite of Awesome Japan. The Sony announcement was a masterstroke, and they're lucky they got it.
by mjq jazz bar
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Pledges went up dramatically thanks to the new tiers. I think many of you overestimate the effect these media shenanigans actually have on the Kickstarter.
by mjq jazz bar
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Siege"

The only probable scenario that comes to mind: One of the villages will be besieged by some relatively large group of enemies, Ryo and Friends will help defend it. Kinda like Seven Samurai.
by Rikitatsu
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should we contact Fangamer?

I agree.

The negativity is risible. The NeoGAF thread is completely consumed with the interviewer, worrying that the project will plummet to $0. Get a fucking grip.
by mjq jazz bar
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should we contact Fangamer?

Hes just a huge fan like the rest of us and slightly awkward. It was enjoyable.
by myshtuff
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

The new rewards did wonders tonight! We've passed 3.7 million finally.

Now we need to make sure all the new backers know about #30onthe3rd and hopefully enough of them will take part that it has some impact.
by Anonymous81
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Oh really? I must have been looking somewhere else then cause last I checked the kick starter is doing quite well actually. If it ever got hurt to begin with its thanks to shitty journalism, x-box fanboys shit talking, and a general lack of understanding of how businesses work on the part of many in the gaming community. We are at 3.75 mil with 3 weeks left to go. A big push is coming on Friday with 30 on the 3rd, probably a lot more big investments with the next round of reward tiers, and of course the last minute bump. All in all it looks like Shenmue is on track to beat Bloodstained. Could the KS have been better, maybe. But it's doing relatively great and thus far there's nothing I can really pin on Awesome Japan as having done wrong. The twitch interview included which everyone is taking waaay to seriously. If there's a problem anywhere, its with the people on this forum and this thread in particular, who are being unsatisfiable and entitled cynical assholes who go around harassing and mocking undeserving people.

Yep, the gaming community on the internet dont have an ounce of respect for themselves or each other, with the exception of just a few that have their heads screwed on straight, I cant stand people that think they can talk how ever they want just cause they are behind a keyboard, and arent face to face to deal with the consequences of such harsh words, what cowards.

Anyway, I dont know how many times I am going to have to say this before we get our hands on this game, but everything is going to be fine with Shenmue 3, win lose or draw. I am keeping my expectations low, and so should everyone else, I know its a bit anxiety inducing here lately, but its pretty pointless to be tearing all the small details to shreds when its still so early with the announcement of the game, development still in early production, and so little detail known about what the game will be like. Relax guys... relaaaxxxxxxxx ](*,)
by AnimeGamer183
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

I cannot believe what I am reading right now.
He made a complete mockery of Yu Suzuki in front of a live twitch audience. I had to return the favor by creating this very topic.

I think attacking people is crass and pointless and does nothing for our cause.

Maybe not, but it's fun.

So this is how the Dojo operates now? By taking some sort of 'justified vengeance' and making a mockery of an individual because of the way he acted in an interview. Turning him into a laughing stock, criticizing him, posting links to his social media pages, claiming that he is ruining the Kickstarter campaign, and having fun doing so? How can somebody find hurting the feelings of another person fun? Joel Tess does not deserve this at all.

Absolutely disgusting.
The people acting like this should be ashamed.
by Jibby
Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: About The Disaster I watched on Twitch …

They made $68,000 from the new rewards alone. 3000 people watched it. We have a dedicated fan base so the mainstream will not effect this kick starter too much. It will more than likely go over $5,000,000 when all is said and done. We're fine, there's no worrying and there's enough happening in the community that will help. At the same time, more rewards will come so this twitch did what it needed to do. He clarified stupid questions morons can't grasp and they made $68000 in an hour.
by NismoZZzz
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic