Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

They should reconsider the price for this. The I am Shenmue 3 reward is already sold out, while no one has pledged for this yet. And I'm not surprised. The price difference for what you is too big. Get your face in the game and your name in the guest register for 1500$ or just your face in the game for $4000. It doesn't make sense to me.
by Dragon St.
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue

Nothing short of amazing, I agree that it definitely should be featured on the KS page.
by Dragon St.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

I'm sure many people have heard of the Shenmue kickstarter, but how many have actually played Shenmue?

I know I wouldn't back a game that has such a strong emphasis on the story, missing the first two installments and being unable to play them for a reasonable price. Just as I wouldn't read a book starting at chapter 7 or a movie 45 minutes in.

I also think it must be quite a hassle for Japanese fans to navigate through a non-Japanese website in order to donate. I may be wrong, but I have a strong feeling that for most it's just too hard. So basically 50,000 fans showing up from mainly Europe/USA after all these years is amazing.

I'm surprised how well the KS is doing considering all of this and the amateurish work AJ is delivering.
by Dragon St.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Hype Is Real

http://i.imgur.com/Z1eAo8W.png
http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/04/shenmue-3-physical-ps4-copy/

The interest that this kickstarter has generated is just incredible. It must make Suzuki's search for additional funding so much easier now. This is already a shining victory even if we don't reach any more stretch goals at this point.
by Dragon St.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Hype Is Real

http://i.imgur.com/KyKlMlx.png
http://i.imgur.com/fJHDz4c.png
http://i.imgur.com/6uLVFdW.png
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/05/shenmue-3-39-s-kcikstarter-adds-a-physical-playsation-4-copy.aspx

Come on Sega, announce the HD remaster already!
by Dragon St.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

I assume everyone above $800 will get that reward. None of the tiers above $80 mention the S3 World Telecom thing, but it would be silly if they didn't include it. They're probably just incompetent when it comes to communicating the rewards.

Not true, the $100 one does:

Choose one of the following: 1. PS4 Physical Copy 2. PS4 Digital Copy 3. Windows PC Physical Copy 4. Windows PC Digital Copy.
Digital copy of the Trial version for PC
Your name in the credits.
Includes the $5 Reward.
An international phone card (in-game item)
by Dragon St.
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is "$10 on the 10th" a thing? Are we doing this?

Don't believe it will work. Most will be maxed out already (after the very successful 3rd) and others will want to wait for the final 48 hours. The 3rd was brilliant for having it's history as Shenmue day and being exactly mid-campaign.

Now it's really up to AJ. They have delivered in bringing some cool rewards for every range. Now it's time to bring some more exiting content. I'm happy to see Cedric retweeted about someone asking for the new video. That can bring in some new blood.
by Dragon St.
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed? It's a good video (edit could have been better) but AJ shouldn't promise things if they can't deliver.

What's Shenmue?

The finishing touches are being put on the new video to help spread the good word of Shenmue. There have been lots of great ideas and fan videos already out there and we would like to use them all if we could! But we have some great footage on the way to let everyone know about our favorite video game of all time.
by Dragon St.
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

I think it's interesting to see what The Bard's Tale IV is doing as a reference point. That videogame is a sequel as well and it's now entering it's final days now.

3 days left and no surge at the end

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/

In their final 12 hours now, no surge at all. It further proves that we have no guarantees at all concerning a surge for Shenmue in the last 48 hours. Beating the Bloodstained record is going to be very hard.
by Dragon St.
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #37 - Ryan Payton interview, new reward & Twit

Yokosuka: July 18, 8:00AM JST
Hong Kong: July 18, 7:00AM HKT
Bailu: July 18, 7:00AM CST

Just noticed this. :lol:
by Dragon St.
Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $315,407...

I've noticed that this PS site is giving us some good coverage. Nice to see!

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/07/ ... i_campaign?

Now let's break that record!
by Dragon St.
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #41 - Digital Upgrade & Character Bust

Who is in charge of pricing these reward tiers? Those busts should have been three times as much. There are people paying twice as much for a bag of knickknacks. The difference in that kind of money is somebody's salary on the development team.

It also caused a few backers to move away from the jacket and crystal memories reward. Such a dumb move! They should have given the name a vendor a big discount instead and moved the busts up to $4,500. ](*,)
by Dragon St.
Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Outside Xbox: Let's Play Shenmue II (Xbox version obviou

phpBB [video]
by Dragon St.
Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AwesomeJapan - postmortem performance

At this point I don't care. It's past (thank God!).
We've had the best kickstarter campaign and now we can focus on the actual game content and not some marketing campaign.

What if they get to run the long term funding through Paypal? It will be a disaster. The coming 6 months will be crucial for funding, while at the same time the development team will have little to show. Marketing and transparency in communication will continue to play an important role. Things AJ can't be trusted with.
by Dragon St.
Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AwesomeJapan - postmortem performance

People said AJ couldn't be trusted with charging us because they'd ruin things because they were "taking the weekend" off but they ended up charging us yesterday. The last Twitch stream was a success despite the power outage, AJ turned it around after the Twitch stream for the most part. Even I, one of AJ's biggest critics on this forum is giving them slack because they showed that they up to stepping up to the plate. Despite all of this evidence, you guys still are giving AJ a hard time. Get over it.

Uhh, no. The charging process is automatically handled by Kickstarter. AJ has nothing to do with this. They are taking the weekend off, again. They will write their 5 minute thank you message on Monday.

And although the second stream was a lot better, it did not make much sense to me to explain the rewards 20 minutes before the end (especially the busts that were priced way too low and were long gone). And presenting the poll results they already published in an update before? #-o
by Dragon St.
Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Only just noticed this tweet by Cedric Biscay:
https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/623216916757352448

@Shenmuehua je l'espère bien ! J'espère meme qu'il n'y aura pas besoin de PayPal pour ca.

Basically he is saying that he hopes that PayPal won't be necessary to reach the remaining $5.4 million dollars. Could ongoing negotiations for additional funding be the reason for the delay of Papal being added?
by Dragon St.
Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Trademark Information

Just noticed Sega also registered a new Shenmue trademark in the European Union.

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/W01251256

The interesting thing is the description:

41 Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line video games and on-line computer games; providing information on on-line games.

What is going on? Surely they're not thinking of reviving Shenmue Online or something. May this is a necessary step in order to provide a digital download of Shenmue HD??
by Dragon St.
Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Trademark Information

You say money talks louder than words yet Sega has not said even a word of congratulations to Yu about Shenmue III's KS campaign.

Why should they congratulate him in public? What is the need?
Like Yu said, he has good relationships with Sega. They can do that personally.

The need is there for the fans to see a public acknowledgment. As Shenmue fans also happen to be a huge portion of the (former) Sega fanbase. If Sega wants to win back trust, acting as if this KS of one of their most loved franchises never happened, is not a good idea.
by Dragon St.
Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Here's a nice video review of someone who just finished Shenmue for the first time.

phpBB [video]
by Dragon St.
Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Informer Shenmue Chronicles Playthrough

phpBB [video]
by Dragon St.
Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Informer Shenmue Chronicles Playthrough

Possibly the best playthrough with commentary out there for Shenmue 1. Keep watching this!
by Dragon St.
Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Found this very good review:

phpBB [video]
by Dragon St.
Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

I accept the apology but to show their sincerity make Joel (Fanta) Tess an NPC in Shenmue III. He could bump into Ryo while drinking Fanta and then give a sincere apology. lol

they should add a tier for that. "add red shirt guy in the game" I'm sure people would donate just to see that.
As for the apology I think they've done a good job since the Twitch.

I don't agree at all. All the videos we see with the interviews have been prerecorded a long time ago. So they hit the publish button?! Big deal.

The KS page itself still looks messy and unorganized. The FAQ for example is not updated, there is a banner with Shenmue Online pictures in it, there are 2 different places where the new Shenmue is described (under the stretch goals and above), the reward list is not updated (they had all week for this), there are spelling mistakes like Monako which show they don't bother to proof read before publishing. In terms of design it looks horrible and their social media presence is very low (Cedric Biscay is doing a better job than they are doing here). The fans have saved this campaign, not AJ.
by Dragon St.
Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic