Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: Your chosen rewards poll

Signed Collector's Edition here. Going to keep it displayed on my shelf and never even open the game. Will buy an additional copy to play and support. :)

My final pledge will end up being a total of $360 including shipping (adding some more for #TheFinalBlow!) It is an honor and privilege to contribute to this with all of you, and one of my proudest moments ever as a gamer.
by Anonymous81
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quick Timed Event to #SaveShenmue

http://s1.postimg.cc/byyjcg027/dojo_QTE.png

This Wednesday, July 15th, will see a brand new campaign event in aid of promoting the Shenmue III Kickstarter .

The #SaveShenmue Quick Timed Event (QTE) offers a new twist on the social media blitz that assisted Shenmue's return, and will take only seconds for each fan to complete upon its synchronized worldwide launch. 14 participants, including the first ten, will also be entered into a prize raffle for added incentive.
by Team Yu
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5 million!

We did it!!! \:D/

by Mr357
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$5,000,000 REACHED!

I'm getting emotional! I said from the very beginning that this would be the figure that would make me 100% happy and dispell any fears I had both for the amount we would need to make an amazing Shenmue game, as well as stand as a testament to how much the fans care about this franchise, and how we would stand up and show everyone we have been here waiting for all these years. 5 MILLION DOLLARS for Yu and the team. That's just made me as happy as what I was when this all began. Well done to every single person who has pledged and kept the faith!

One last thought; the word "unvelievable" is tossed around everyday to kinda soften it's actual meaning. Getting 5 million was the thing I wanted the most out of all of this, but beating Bloodstained was in the proper category of "unbelievable" for me. Now this is set up, with 2 days to go to hopefully see a huge spike as we have seen with other Kickstarters? The excitement over these next 2 days will be an amazing way to end the Kickstarter! See you at the finish line! :)
by Peter
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $5,000,000 REACHED!

Lol yea I thought that when I seen someone took a Monaco spot. It's fine, it's been screen capped and it will reach over 5 million legit by end of day.

The troll did us a favor by giving us an excuse to break out the bubbly early. Any excuse :lol:
by Peter
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Did we break Kicktraq or is this supposed to happen? :???:

by Jibby
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rakim wrote: YSNet Headquarters right now:

by Scrounder
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get in there. Well done everybody. I have exactly the right amount of money in my bank for the €160 tier.

If I can get an extra £10 by the end of the day I'll be bumping it up to the €175.

This is a great day for everyone involved. Be proud of yourselves, truly.

Well I hope you can get that bit of extra cash, $15 more for the artbook is great if it's a full sized one.
by ConanTheKing
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a day so far!!

Just back from running about on my lunch break, depositing the funds for the Dinner with Yu in the bank, and whilst I was out I picked these up to celebrate

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/20150717_134009_zps5mnuvkth.jpg

Never been more proud to be a Shenmue fan!!!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanking the dojo and it's members

Hello.
I am a new member to the dojo, pleased to meet you all. I finally decided to create an account given the recent events (shenmue 3 existing). Although i never registered i have been visiting the dojo over the years in order to remind myself that i wasn't alone in loving this game.
Like many others, i had given up hope of ever playing any new shenmue game, but you guys kept the hope alive and maintained your commitment to it.
Thank you, it's because of you that the kickstarter exists, it's because of you that the story can continue.

May the dojo live forever.

Sorry if the texts has any mistakes in spelling or grammar, being portuguese, english is my second language.
by zema
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BIG BANG! 6 million reached and it keeps going!!!

Thanks again to everyone for your endless support, passion and love. Breaking the 6 million barrier was more than i expected. At 5 million i already opened a virtual bottle of champaign (I prefer beer) because i REALLY wanted the character perspective system, i feel it will enhance replay value a lot. Now we have advanced battle mode and can be sure it will be one of the best fighting games ever, too. And with donations coming every second i have faith we reach even another goal. Thanks again to everyone for makingmy dream (and many peoples dream) come true.

Cheers!

And hell yeah, this image again... Feel like it...

http://i.imgur.com/Qs0vD72.jpg
by Master Kyodai
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KS Update #42 - Twitch reminder

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!

As we announced, Yu Suzuki himself, and more project members, will be appearing on Twitch again to celebrate the final hours of Shenmue 3 Kickstarter project. Last minute shoutout for all the Shenmue fans to join the party!

You can find the Shenmue 3 Official Twitch channel from this link:

http://www.twitch.tv/shenmue3official
The festivities will start at the following time:

Yokosuka: July 18, 8:00AM JST
Hong Kong: July 18, 7:00AM HKT
Bailu: July 18, 7:00AM CST
Los Angeles: July 17, 4:00PM PDT
New York: July 17, 7:00PM EDT
Berlin: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
Paris: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
Rome: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
London: July 18, 12:00AM BST
Moscow: July 18, 2:00AM MSK
Seoul: July 18, 8:00AM KST
Sydney: July 18, 9:00AM AEST
Rio de Janeiro: July 17, 8:00PM BRT
Hope to see you there on Twitch!
by Peter
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Online features?

No multiplayer, promised. But some "extremely easy to implement features" like trophies, mini game leaderboards and so on would be possible.
by Master Kyodai
Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mag Scans -- Interest?

Alright. Via overwhelming votes, I'll find the mags and scan them in for all to see.
by Telekill
Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pre-order Shenmue 3 with PayPal

I feel guilty that was I was not able to donate in the kickstarter. My mother is struggling far more than I am at the moment and lately I've been giving every penny I have to help her out. But I'm glad this second opportunity has presented itself, with Paypal no less. I'm hopeful now that I can cobble together enough funds for at least a physical copy before this expires.
by Sonikku
Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAL version of Shenmue 2 version in Japanese? Confused

Hi all.

After holding off for as long as possible, I decided to jump in a buy a copy of Shenmue 2 on EBay. It set me back over £60 but I just had to play it again. It's been over ten years since I played it last.

I received the game today in the post. The cardboard case looked in great condition. The discs, especially disc 3, looks chewed on to be honest, despite it being classed as 'good condition'. I thought I'd see if it worked anyway.

After watching Ryo depart the boat to touch down in Hong Kong, I was very surprised to hear him speaking in Japanese!

Now I understand that there was a Japanese version of the game, but I'm 99% sure that PAL shenmue 2 was in English with Corey Marshall. There are English subtitles, and an English game menu.

Am I missing something here? Was shenmue 2 always on Japanese? We're there 2 versions?

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me.

Thanks.

The Dreamcast version is Japanese dub with English sub, the Xbox version is English dub. There's a fan-made Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast with English dub out there (though audio quality has been lowered to fit on CD-Rs).
by Amir
Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another awesome looking Kickstarter game...

Looks cool! Ill check out their demo later tonight to see what it is like.
Thanks for the heads up!
by shengoro86
Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DoriMaga Article: Shenmue Takes Best Title Award (Mar 2000)

http://i.imgur.com/dYjdHgm.png

Veteran Dojo member Switch has translated an article from the March 2000 edition of Dreamcast Magazine, in which they announced their own "Grand Prix" awards for various Dreamcast software categories.

Shenmue scooped the trophy for Best Title (out of all software released for the Dreamcast until that time) and there is an award acceptance interview with Yu Suzuki and Keiji Okayasu.

You can view the complete article on Switch's new blog, PhantomRiverStone.com, here .

Edit: As of Sept 10th, you can view Switch's latest translation - which covers Dreamcast Magazine's Best Script Award 2000 - as well as another interview with both Suzuki and Okayasu.

Links:
PhantomRiverStone - Blog | Forum Discussion - Best Title | Forum Discussion - Best Script
by Sonoshee
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

Sorry I'm late to the thread.

Count me in!

I can't do much but I'll do the best I can :)
by shengoro86
Thu May 11, 2017 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Music Live Stream | Live Chat | YouTube

Starting today the Dojo's YouTube channel will be live streaming music from both games and all soundtracks. We will be live streaming everyday for 6-8 hours until E3. If you are subscribed to the channel you'll get a notification when it starts.
by Ziming
Mon May 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE Q&A tonight with Eric Kelso on TVGS, voice of Ren.

Really looking forward to this :)

Come along guys and speak to Eric live!

Will link the live video closer to Midnight - just under 4 hours away.
by James Brown
Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Visit to Yokosuka After Snow: Photo Gallery

Last week it snowed in Yokosuka! I jumped on a train to capture photos of as many "after the snow" Shenmue locations as I could. Everything looked remarkably like how it's depicted in the game.

https://i.imgur.com/U5zDzpp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OdhQzVh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3GP9kmT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1kukw71.jpg

Full gallery (20 images) at Phantom River Stone:
-> http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/01/a-visit-to-yokosuka-after-snow-image.html
by Switch
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic