Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

Does anyone know how long this might be made to last? I would love to donate regularly as someone mentioned.
by Sh3ppy
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone worried that Yu might listen to the fans too much

Yokosuka wrote:nostalfags are going to express their disappointment

Lovely.
by Sh3ppy
Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AwesomeJapan - postmortem performance

joka wrote: My comment was more in relation to code I name and the delay on an actual update tbh.

I appreciate the post as I wasn't aware of J. Tess's response.
by Sh3ppy
Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue had INCREDIBLY good controls

I think for today's standards they may be considered a bit clunky, but I'm playing my way through I (it's been at least 6 years), & I genuinely have no issue with the controls. They don't seem to detract from the game in any way & I know it sounds obvious, but one does learn fairly quickly the best way to use the controls to keep Ryo moving fluidly. As someone above said, even one handed (when walking/running about) is pretty natural. The control scheme works for the engine, is what I'm trying to say.
by Sh3ppy
Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 sales & franchise future

Biscay has stated he doesn’t foresee another KS campaign in the future; then again, if Shenmue 3 were to only sell 100K copies at launch, he might suddenly feel the need to eat those words… assuming part 4 would still be an option.

Personally, I’m optimistic in regards to Sony’s backing…though at this point we don’t have much to go on. Sega’s past marketing campaigns from the Shenmue 1 & 2 days weren’t exactly stellar considering they were promoting one of the Dreamcast’s flagship franchises, and…let’s face it, back then, Shenmue’s graphics were amazing enough to sell quite a few of those copies to begin with (there was no competition; graphics-wise, the game looked like it came straight out of the 21st century. Not the case anymore).

-Shenmue 1 sold about 1.2M copies;
-Shenmue 2 (DC/ Xbox), roughly 500K units.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=shenmue

I’m curious to see where part 3 will stand. One thing’s certain: the game won’t sell nearly as well without an HD collection. It should only be a matter of time until that’s announced, IMO.

I think the lack of marketing was a huge reason for I & II doing poorly. Shenmue IIx was a joke marketing-wise as well.
by Sh3ppy
Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

Well it seems the Japanese VO with English subs for EU & US players is a big deal to a lot of folks, contrary to what may have been said before. Think enough people have mentioned it to warrant the question being asked. I sent David an email already so hopefully he gets the opportunity. (Cheers David!)
by Sh3ppy
Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OVA or Manga/a better option and less controversial? [ra

Again, at this point we are in the waiting game once again, but to me since they are gonna release a console game, they should have at least made it available cross platform, or at least on the xbox one since they want to go current gen

Your points are ludicrous, and that's my opinion. You are still going on about a cross console release when it's been said countless times, it is Microsoft's fault it's not being released on the xbox. Not the developers. I think that's as clear as it can be.

Your point about narcissistic rewards is also ludicrous in my opinion. Why is it not fair? Because you personally didn't want to pledge more than X amount?
by Sh3ppy
Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

Personally, I think Zoltor is undoubtedly a troll. How can someone come up with so much unfounded conjecture & speculation with the sole purpose of bashing the game creators. He comes out with these so called opinions & presents them as fact, and frankly it's getting a bit tiring as his sole m.o seems to be trashing Yu. Not only is it disrespectful, but it's getting wearisome. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes, so please stop posting as if you know exactly how things are panning out (after 3 months!). And lastly, you must be quite a knowledgeable & accomplished individual to be so certain that you know better & Yu has 'lost it'.
by Sh3ppy
Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

What a ridiculous overreaction some posters are having to this. Sure, it could have been handled better but I think people are forgetting what the big picture is here.
by Sh3ppy
Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #76: Say Hello to the Deep Silver Promotion Team

So does this mean Awesome Japan have been replaced by a more professional team?
by Sh3ppy
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Well, OK, I don't need this game to waddle through my poverty, of course. It's just a plea for help which was blown over by people who have a personal vendetta against me. I never intended to go beyond the initial post asking for help, but I had to reply to the nonsensical accusations of certain hate-fueled individuals.

I don’t quite understand how someone that claims to be poverty stricken can own a PS4 and multiple games. I’ve lived with no money in the past, and there was absolutely no way I could even have fathomed owning a latest gen games console at the time. Asking for a free game is in very poor taste, especially given the circumstances I mention above.

Back on topic, 29.99 is a much better price that I had envisaged.
by Sh3ppy
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic