Search found 99 matches

Return

Re: MAGIC 2017 - Schrödinger's Shenmue

I'm honestly not expecting anything Shenmue related until E3. At E3 though, I'm hoping for the moon and expecting a short trailer for the 3rd game. The moon being a Shenmue HD Collection on PS4/PC and a Shenmue 3 trailer/update.
by Telekill
Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wreckfest - Spiritual Successor to Destruction Derby

Not sure how many of you remember or even played Destruction Derby back in the day but it was an absolute blast and one of my favorite racers on PS1.

Original PS1 game:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/85/Destructionderby3.jpg

Two days ago I discovered Wreckfest which is being done by BugBear who created Flatout. Wreckfest is essentially Destruction Derby but for today's hardware. It's going to be available on PC, PS4 and X1.

Apparently, their main site http://www.wreckfestgame.com is taking preorders which act as a form of crowd funding. The list of games I would crowd fund is very small. Shenmue 3 was obviously the top of that list followed by the 4th if it becomes necessary. Destruction Derby and a Dino Crisis reboot were basically the only others. Due to that, I personally went with the $25 PS4 version which gets me the game (no physical copy planned), soundtrack and a couple other perks.

https://youtu.be/rDPSVo0X0LE

I haven't seen anyone talk about this game and as Destruction Derby was a favorite of mine, I thought I would give you guys a heads up. If you enjoy crashing cars, this is probably right up your alley. Thought I would pass the word as this is said to release by end of spring or summer this year. Get it at $25 instead of the $50 they will be asking. There's even a $20 tier if you just want the game. The last tier is $70 which gets your name in the credits and a bunch of other stuff I don't really care about.
by Telekill
Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega E3 Product Categories

If an announcement for Shenmue HD Collection would be happening, I would think this upcoming E3 would be the place to do it. If Shenmue 3 is on target and actually releases this December, that would give newcomers to the series a max of six months to play through the first two games.

I truly hope that Xbox players get the Shenmue treatment as well. That said, I'm hoping that with Shenmue 3 that YsNet focuses on the PS4 and PC versions and get those completed before spending resource time and money on porting it to the X1.
by Telekill
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

killthesagabeforeitkillsu wrote:

Off Topic: Andromeda is a gigantic mess of a game.

I honestly don't see how. Maybe I got the only copy of the game that runs fine and is fun to play?
by Telekill
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Informer Top 100 RPGs -- Shenmue didn't make the li

sand4fish wrote: Which part of Shenmue is a RPG? 'cause I never really thought of it as being one.

Favorites of mine would include Planescape Torment, the original Deux Ex and Divinity Original Sin.

If Destiny counts then Shenmue definitely counts.
by Telekill
Wed May 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

It's a great idea to be sure; showing extra support. Everyone enjoys being appreciated as I'm sure this team would as well. That said, I'm tapped out of resources at the moment and cannot contribute beyond adding a thank you in written form.
by Telekill
Wed May 17, 2017 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

I don't see a Shenmue Remake of the first two games as ever happening. While it would be incredible, right now Remasters are the best bet and we should be thankful for that given Shenmue's history. With Shenmue 3 finally happening I think once Shenmue 3 goes gold and is released, we should hope YsNet makes enough return on the new chapter to warrant a 4th and hopefully final installment still on PS4 and PC.

Imagine the entire Shenmue story line on a single system. Glorious.
by Telekill
Fri May 19, 2017 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Game Gear Box Art

Hey all!

I decided to be creative and come up with box art for what Shenmue may have been like if it were on Sega Game Gear. Why do this? I love my Game Gear and would have totally bought this. Sadly, Game Gear wasn't supported for nearly long enough IMO.

I did not create any of the art but merely put it together to make one piece. A hypothetical look at what the box art would have been like.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Telekill/ShenmueGGBoxArt_zpsdjelpivc.jpg

I had saved a Tiff that looked a lot better but Photobucket doesn't allow Tiffs. Let me know what you think. Also, I did this in PowerPoint just to see if I could.
by Telekill
Fri May 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seaman Remaster/New Game in the Works?!

Ok,

So, it was two years ago that Shenmue 3 gets announced after having a rather large following and hundreds of fans clamoring for the sequel and eventually having to pay for the game to even be created via crowd funding.

Meanwhile, two years later... Seaman gets backed and starts up without the need of a Kickstarter. What the actual F?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/05/25/a-new-seaman-project-is-in-the-works.aspx
by Telekill
Thu May 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Physical Collector's Edition?

I don't want Limited Run Games doing them Sega can pulish Shenmue I and II HD and YS Net will publish Shenmue III YS Net confirmed that Shenmue III is coming to retail so thats good news! I prefer retail more then Limited Run Games!

.... Limited run being the collector's edition. The physical release would continue in retail the same time frame as any other release.
by Telekill
Fri May 26, 2017 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Physical Collector's Edition?

BUY MULTIPLE COPIES AT LAUNCH IF YOU WANT A SHENMUE IV. THIS CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH.

I know many on this forum are planning to buy multiple copies but not all of us have that kind of expendable cash flow. I think it's a bit unrealistic and kind of mean to ask all fans of the series to buy multiple copies via guilt trips that it's their fault if Shenmue 4 is never made because they didn't buy 2 or more copies of the third game.

I loved Shenmue 1 and 2 and was happy to put in $113 on the Shenmue 3 crowd funding to be part of resurrecting the franchise. That essentially was me buying a "collector's edition" of the game and I am tapped out until Shenmue HD or Shenmue 4 are announced. Make no mistake, I feel Shenmue 3 will be successful enough on its own merit to warrant a 4th and final game in the series. If it's another crowd funding cause, I will participate.
by Telekill
Fri May 26, 2017 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

I got my Switch at launch with Zelda but kept it hidden away until Mario Kart 8 released. It's the new family system. I waited for Mario Kart so that we could play 4 player right out of the box (bought 2 pro controllers) as a family and so the kids felt it was just as much their system instead of them just watching me play Zelda all the time.

Made a great day of the kids following clues around town. Each clue was in a 2" paper craft Mario Item box. We went to places like the park, McDonalds, their dance studio, ice cream parlor, etc. Eventually the clues led back to home where there was a 14" box made to look like a Mario Item box. Inside was the Switch, all the accessories, Zelda and Mario Kart. Great fun.

Now that the newness has worn off, I'm looking ahead to see what's going to be released and Nintendo is pretty tight lipped about that. Mario Odyssey will end up on the list to buy for this Christmas probably, but other than that, the system is looking pretty bleak on releases for the foreseeable future. At least as my tastes are concerned. I'm hoping for some big E3 reveals such as F-Zero, Smash Bros, or Zelda Four Swords type game. Some fun family couch coop stuff.
by Telekill
Sat May 27, 2017 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Shenmue III does have the advantage of having had a lot of pre-production work done prior to its current development period. I'm not sure if it's possible to quantify how much time that counts for in the overall process of bringing forth the completed game, but my impression is that it's a significant amount.

That's a great point and one that I didn't really think about. Suzuki has stated many times that Shenmue has always been in his thoughts since the series was cut off without an ending. There had to be plenty of the game made for the Kickstarter reveal as well. Obviously not a huge amount, but a decent amount.

The hype is real:

16 days

until Sony's E3 2017 press conference
:rotflmao:
by Telekill
Sat May 27, 2017 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

You seem to be a very fun parent!

Thank you.

Their reaction was great. Luckily, McDonald's even had Nintendo toys in their happy meals. I had Yoshi plushes holding three of the clues (one for each kid). The trick was getting my 10 and 4 year olds to work together. My third kiddo is only 9 months old so he'll enjoy the Switch down the road.
by Telekill
Sat May 27, 2017 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

I have zero doubts Shenmue HD is ready to go, but I think it's Shenmue 3 and YSNET that may be holding it up. As they said in their last update, they still don't have their schedule locked down so until then, I can't see Sega releasing them, or even promoting them until there are clear indications of a schedule from the Japanese development team.

If Shenmue 3 is a way off, be it a year or even 2 years delay, then there are multiple risks for releasing Shenmue HD too early, including people forgetting about the franchise all over again based on a potentially long period of time between a HD release date, to Shenmue 3 release date. Another risk is HD remasters bringing a lot more fans into the franchise which, despite being amazing, means the pressure placed on YSNET to hurry up with Shenmue 3 increases, and they are already feeling enough of that as it is with the game being a Kickstarter.

I'm not expecting anything at E3 at all, but it would be nice to be surprised.

Respectfully disagree with your assertions. It is PIVOTAL that SEGA release Shenmue I/II HD as soon as possible. The more time we have to market Shenmue I/II HD to the masses, the better. You also make the argument that it's bad to have more fans because of more pressure? Really? THAT IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN FIGHTING FOR DECADES!!

The more time and more fans we can attract in that time THE BETTER.

SEGA SHOULD KNOW THIS.

OK! I HEAR WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! NO NEED TO SHOOOOOOOUT!

Now then...

Believe it or not I disagree with my own post, but in a weird way, I am trying to find logic in what we all disagree with together.... Why these HD releases are not out yet. That's all. I'm trying to justify not releasing games which are heavily rumored to have been completed for some time.

So then, if you respectfully disagree, then cool. So what's all your explanations for these completed games not being announced, never mind released?

Well, its been obvious this last 15 years that Sega doesn't give a crap about most of their IPs or fans of those IPs. I fully expect the president of Sega to go up on stage. The screens behind him go dark and the Shenmue theme starts playing. A trailer for Shenmue HD Collection is shown and when the lights come up he is there holding a PS4 copy of the game.

Sega president: "This is the only copy of Shenmue HD Collection in existence.

He then opens it up. Takes the disc out, holding it up. Then snaps the disc, drops the shards on stage and holds up two middle fingers while yelling "fuck you!". He then walks off and the next presenter is so stunned that he forgets he's supposed to start.
by Telekill
Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...I wouldn’t mind getting rid of my old Gamecube though, haha!

I regret selling my Gamecube. I got rid of it when I got the Wii that had Gamecube support. Problem is that the Wii was a waste of space and I only have Zelda Twilight Princess on Gamecube left. Wish I still had some of my Gamecube games like Mario Sunshine and Soul Calibur 2, but alas... I got rid of them to make room. I'm hoping that the Nintendo Switch will have a proper virtual console eventually that goes up to the Gamecube days and I can get my favorites from that era.

I still like to collect gaming mags. My oldest issue is 1992. So I was 9 then. I have retroactively bought a couple but most the ones I have I grew up getting. When Nintendo Power ended I bought 2 copies. One is still sealed and they sell for a bit these days. I do subscribe to Retro Magazine and Nintendo Force which replaced Nintendo Power.

I used to collect all sorts of gaming magazines. I had GamePro issues, EGM... even Sega Visions. Sadly, getting bumped around as a child with so many moves, I lost track of my box of magazines. I can only assume they were thrown out along with some of my favorite childhood toys (Jurassic Park and Crash Dummies).
by Telekill
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm so sorry for my question: For which backers is the demo?

Looks like the trial or demo of the game is for those that donated $100 or more on either Kickstarter or Paypal.

I can't remember anymore... but I assume that if you pledged at a certain level that you get everything else at lower pledge levels. Example being that if you pledged at $100 on Kickstarter, that you get the $80, $60, $40, etc prizes on top of the $100 pledge prizes as well.

So you would get the following on the $100 Kickstarter pledge:

- Name in credits
- Trial or Demo on PC
- The $80 S3 World Telecom to speak to previous characters
- The $60 choice of version of the game
- The $40 Wallpapers and name on website
- And of course the thanks and praise from Yu Suzuki and ability to vote in polls and get info first.
by Telekill
Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Michael Huber comments on no Shenmue 3 at E3

It's typical Sega, and also probably haven't involved Sony, keeping it for PC only.

But maybe that's a good thing, and watching these events, I won't be anticipating anything at all.

I would be beyond pissed if Shenmue HD Collection is announced as PC only. BEYOND pissed. If it's happening, it had better come to PS4 as well. It's the logical move. The sad part is that Sega hasn't been logical in nearly two decades.
by Telekill
Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I'm not excited about the delay but I'm not angry either. Shenmue is a game that shouldn't be rushed. Many of us were expecting a delay of some kind. I hope it actually comes out next year and doesn't have further delay. A delay into 2019 would anger me a little but I'm a patient person.

With this news, my expecting a Shenmue HD Collection announcement next week has dropped from 90% to 40% sure. The year delay of the third moves the burner out from under Sega's ass. They'll be in no rush to announce the HD Collection if ever now. E3 2018 now has a far better chance for that reveal.
by Telekill
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I spotted a Dreamcast in the trailer!!!

I am desperately hoping for a mobile port of Shenmue 2 so I can play it portably. I really don't have time to play on my Dreamcast anymore. Since they said it would be free (including ads however which can be paid for to be removed) it looks good. Sega just want it the easy way and thats what they are doing. I wish HD remasters happen first for Shenmue so they at least make a profit.

I'm not gonna lie. If our HD remasters of Shenmue ended up being on mobile devices only... I would probably vomit.
by Telekill
Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: POLL: When should Sega announce Shenmue HD?

It's not happening. I know a guy that runs in circles with people that buy coffee's for people similar to those that may work at Sega but are located at a different company. They said that Shenmue HD isn't going to happen and that we should all just move on.

Seems credible to me.
by Telekill
Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Him. Would anyone clarify that maybe a shenmue remaster could be in the way?
And, how many discs you reckon guys yu Suzuki will provide the final product packaging? Please reply!

Assuming the two games are bundled together into a physical format there are a couple ways they could do this. Each Dreamcast GD-ROM disc could hold about 1GB of information. Shenmue 1 was 3 discs plus a 4th for the Passport. Shenmue 2 was 4 discs. That's, at most, 8GB of information for the two games. A single Blu-ray disc for PS4 can hold upwards of 50GB. For PC, the game would be on DVD which can hold roughly 4.7GB-9GB; plenty of space for the games.

If they are bundled together they could put one game on one disc for a two disc collection or put both on a single disc like Capcom did with the Resident Evil Origins Collection. Sadly, knowing Sega, if we do get a Shenmue HD Collection, fans can realistically hope for digital download only as they wouldn't be willing to put anymore money into the project than they would absolutely have too.
by Telekill
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

I really don't have a problem with this. To me, the publisher doesn't make the game but simply ensures that it gets out to the public. I am a little worried about the possible amount of exposure the game will get via advertising as I can't recall seeing any advertising for a few of Deep Silver's games, but I'm sure that the fans, as loud as we are, will do a good job of word of mouth advertising. That will help.
by Telekill
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

@Yokosuka - I have to agree with Spaghetti on this one.

Technophilz turns up whenever new information comes out, says something negative whether it has any basis in factual reality or not, and disappears again.

I've been around since the E3 reveal and out of all the responses I've seen Technophilz make... what Spaghetti says is pretty spot on. I'm not sure I've ever seen a positive post from him.

I understand disappointment in the Shenmue series as far as no HD remakes officially announced yet. Sega apparently sitting on their thumbs while wearing a dunce cap in the corner of the ol' school classroom. With Shenmue 3 though, we know very little. From what has been said by others it is a good possibility that we simply haven't seen much of the third game yet because Yu Suzuki doesn't want to share yet. Let's wait till after Gamescom to see if there needs to be reason for panic. That is... assuming we get a decent reveal.
by Telekill
Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So then are we to believe that the horrible looking new logo is the doing of Deep Silver's new involvement as publisher?

It's a simple case of asking the question in any problem solving situation... "What has changed?"

Change: Deep Silver announcing themselves as publishers of Shenmue 3.
Change: Shenmue 3 logo has become a horrid excuse of a logo that looks like it was written by someone illiterate.
Time of Change: Same time.

The correlation is 100%. Ergo, Deep Silver changed the logo.

http://wallpapersin4k.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Spock-Quotes-23.jpg
by Telekill
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Telekill wrote:BBC Sherlock took it from Spock. Either way, both shows are great.

I hope you're trolling and know full well the Sherlock character wasn't created for TV... :lol:

;-)
by Telekill
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

I've been playing Sonic Mania on the Switch and have been loving the retro feel. There are so many references, not only to the main Genesis and Sega CD games but also the Game Gear games like Chaos and Triple Trouble. Even Chaotix from the 32X is referenced. It's a glorious celebration of Sonic's golden era.

I've been enjoying the game so much that I did a mock up of what the box art would look like if it released on Genesis. Let me know what you think.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Telekill/SonicManiaBoxArt2_zpszmztqpas.jpg
by Telekill
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

Ok... Just read the actual Kickstarter. Apparently the new logo was designed by Suzuki himself and if I read correctly, he painted it. This makes me kind of feel bad that I said it looks like a kid scribbled it on paper with a crayon.

That said, I stand by hating the new logo.
by Telekill
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

I still don't like the new logo regardless that Suzuki made it.
by Telekill
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mixed reaction from general audience

We all knew that there would be lots of haters. Nothing has changed in that regard. The game still needs work but they've given themselves the time they need to be successful.

For those saying that limiting themselves to only PS4 will hurt sales of the game, then you must be forgetting the game is also coming to PC. I don't even know why people buy Xbox as it no longer has any system exclusives. That said, future ports are still possible. For the launch it's PS4/PC only.
by Telekill
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Watch Japan Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom 2017

And boom... any worries are now completely gone for me. I figured the character models were still being worked on.

Also... 30 hours to complete the game!? Phenomenal. I was feeling 15 hours would be an optimistic ideal.
by Telekill
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

I'm pretty happy with what I saw in the trailer. Being able to expand it to be what Yu Suzuki has always wanted Shenmue 3 to be is an incredible dream come true. Not just for him, but for all of us fans as well. I'm really excited and I'm hoping that this game does well enough that it pushes passed the criticisms of modern day skeptics and trolls and allows YsNet to create a fourth and final game in the series. Having an ending... a conclusion to the narrative has been a long time coming.
by Telekill
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

The ending may be "brilliant" but the game will still have significantly less content and parts cut out that we would have seen in a Shenmue V, but not in IV simply because it's one game less so the length of the story would be obviously shorter.

Ok... obviously the hypothetical Shenmue IV and V are not guaranteed by any means. Would we all prefer if the planets aligned and we magically got both of those for a more complete story....? Definitely. All the fans would love to have the most fleshed out Shenmue story and experience possible. What I'm saying is that the odds of us getting to Shenmue V are slim to nill. It's all dependent on the success of Shenmue IV which is dependent on the success of Shenmue III. There are too many "if's" involved to assume that we'll be getting a fifth game.

That said... which would you actually prefer if it was known that we will only get 4 games?
1. A completed story done very well by the talented Suzuki and his team at YsNet.
2. A continuation of the story with no ending. You'll never get the ending at this point.
by Telekill
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Short but another great look.

The second character shown is actually cute. Makes me realize the modelers are capable of making cute characters. Hopefully Shenhua turns out equally as cute as she appeared in the first two games.
by Telekill
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Yeah... I'm not understanding the outright angst people have for Shenmue. Many have already stated that it's a Kickstarter game with limited funds. That was obvious since E3 2015 or the Kickstarter would have never happened. It was explained pretty well.

As for the Naughty Dog comparison earlier... comparing one of the most talented devs currently in the industry that has nearly unlimited resources given their successes with that of YsNet that has severely limited resources... is just asinine. That said, I would still put Yu Suzuki as being just as talented as anyone at Naughty Dog.

In reference to maybe we shouldn't be having blind fanboyism or maybe we should be more subjective instead of just having faith in the project... I would remind anyone that says otherwise that it was the fanboy's faith that got Shenmue 3 off the ground and made it a reality. I will admit that I had lost faith in ever seeing Shenmue continue and then when I saw the Kickstarter announcement... after picking my jaw up off the floor, I quickly added my piece of the pie to the project.

I knew right from the beginning that Shenmue 3 wouldn't be on the level of today's AAA games. It wouldn't be an Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption or Assassin's Creed and you know what...?... It doesn't need to be. Shenmue 1 and 2 were incredible games regardless of not having today's graphical and animation fidelity.

As I loved and still love the original Shenmue games... that was my baseline for what to expect from the graphic and animation capabilities of the third game. In all honesty... that's what I was actually expecting... but in HD resolution... and I was just fine with it. When it broke records getting 3x what Suzuki-san was asking... my expectation for the graphical and animation fidelity remained at around Dreamcast levels. Granted, that was partially because I was having difficulty envisioning a modern day Shenmue.

Given the teaser trailer and the facial animation update, the project is thus far, exceeding my expectations. My main concern right now is two fold.

1. Will Sega give us the first two games in HD?
2. I'm more than likely going to be moving in the next six months. If the surveys on where to send my copy of the game comes before I discover where my new address will be, I'm not sure where to have them send it.

Am I at all worried about Shenmue 3 and that I'll be enjoying it? Not. At. All.
by Telekill
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question for people who backed $100

I backed at $100 on the Kickstarter. You give them all that info on the questionnaire that they will send you. They are working on those now and should be out probably earlier next year I would imagine.
by Telekill
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question for people who backed $100

I backed at $100 on the Kickstarter. You give them all that info on the questionnaire that they will send you. They are working on those now and should be out probably earlier next year I would imagine.
I looked on the website and that only talks about if you want the PS4 or PC version. I guess time will tell.

The questionnaire will have various things on it including...
- Which version of the game you want
- Where to send physical items too
- What name you want put in the credits

There will possibly be other things as well, but those are the main ones.
by Telekill
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ghost of Tsushima

Do we know if the game will be open world yet? I can't find any information on the game beyond the cinematic trailer.

It is actually open world. Check out the Sucker Punch main page under the "Watch the Interview" link:

https://www.suckerpunch.com/category/game/ghost-of-tsushima/

Also found a decent article giving the history of the battle and what we may be able to expect from the game:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/31/the-history-behind-ghost-of-tsushima

Yeah... I'm stoked.
by Telekill
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: November 3rd: Tweetathon to #SaveShenmueHD

Tweeting completed. I am now a Twit.
by Telekill
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Tenchu_Wrath_of_Heaven.jpg

I'm on a bit of a ninja/samurai stint thanks to the Ghost of Tsushima announcement. Due to that I repurchased Tenchu Wrath of Heaven on PS2. Thankfully it only set me back about $8. I've found that the camera controls are the worst part of getting used to a PS2 game again. When you're used to have so much control in today's games and then have limited control it can get kind of frustrating. The rest of the game plays fairly well by today's standards; granted with more clunky controls, but it's still doable.

https://i5.walmartimages.ca/images/Large/015/671/999999-887256015671.jpg?odnBound=460

Continuing my stint, I am still playing For Honor. I got my Orochi up to prestige 7 which means that I'm into the Epic (aqua or cyan) gear. Season 4 just started and the new Samurai, the Aramusha, has my full attention as they wield two kitana swords. Reminds me of Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles. Luckily, I already have $15,000 silver to unlock him in a week given that I don't have the Gold Edition of the game. I'll be unlocking him after the next game listed.

https://i5.walmartimages.ca/images/Large/669/764/6000197669764.jpg?odnBound=460

I'm probably picking this up tonight or tomorrow on my way home from work; one of the two. It's the first Star Wars product I'll have purchased since about 2003 when Jedi Academy came out. Both will have been purchased to play with my brother. I enjoyed the beta and enjoy reading the uproar on forums about the micro transactions and loot crates controversies. I have zero plans to pay extra on the game and am buying it for the co-op only; competitive MP be damned.
by Telekill
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

This is probably the last time I'll be logged in until after Christmas so I wanted to drop a note wishing you all the very best over the next couple weeks. 2018 is looking to be promising for at least some Shenmue news of some kind if not the release of the third game.

I also wanted to say thanks to most members of Shenmue Dojo for being a great group of people. There are many (most) gaming related forums that are full of trolls, jerks and much harsher words than that. It's generally really easy to come on here and speak your mind about something; be it Shenmue related or not. Thanks for that guys/gals.

Merry Christmas and again, Happy New Year.
by Telekill
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

My two cents:

I honestly forgot about Magic and even when it was being hyped, I didn't care given that we got very little from the last one. I expected nothing from Magic and expect nothing until E3.

I feel the images shown are a great improvement on the character side of things. I'm not worried in the least about the clipping of the environments. It will get sorted out. As for the odd animations in the extended video that we weren't supposed to see in the first place.... the video is more than six months old. It was taken before Deep Silver jumped in adding both funds and support to the project. Hell, for the four new screenshots we got, they probably just did a quick drop of the characters into the old environments and posed them quickly via a "cut/paste" scenario to get something out and new for fans.

I'm thinking it will be at E3 when we see a full gameplay trailer and I'm still looking forward to seeing what Suzuki and company have cooked up for this long awaited sequel.
by Telekill
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hell Froze Over -- Selling Dreamcast Because of This.

Well folks, with Shenmue 1 & 2 finally being released in HD on PS4, it's time for me to sell off my classic Sega system.

I know... it's a classic and the last Sega system, not to mention a good Sega system. The problem is that it takes up space and now nearly every game I loved on Dreamcast is available somewhere else. This means that the only classic game systems that I'll be keeping are my Sega Genesis and Game Gear. Everything else will have been sold off.

What about those of you who still have your Dreamcasts? Will you be selling yours as well or keeping it for posterity?

I will be keeping my blue VMU for my nerd shelf. I downloaded Chao Adventure to it.
by Telekill
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hell Froze Over -- Selling Dreamcast Because of This.

Don't worry guys, I'm not dissing the Dreamcast. It was a great system. If there are still games you love on it not available elsewhere then that's a good reason to keep yours. It's simply not the case for me any longer:

Telekill wrote: now nearly every game I loved on Dreamcast is available somewhere else.
by Telekill
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic