Search found 99 matches

Return

Re: Game Watch Japan Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom 2017

And boom... any worries are now completely gone for me. I figured the character models were still being worked on.

Also... 30 hours to complete the game!? Phenomenal. I was feeling 15 hours would be an optimistic ideal.
by Telekill
Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

I'm pretty happy with what I saw in the trailer. Being able to expand it to be what Yu Suzuki has always wanted Shenmue 3 to be is an incredible dream come true. Not just for him, but for all of us fans as well. I'm really excited and I'm hoping that this game does well enough that it pushes passed the criticisms of modern day skeptics and trolls and allows YsNet to create a fourth and final game in the series. Having an ending... a conclusion to the narrative has been a long time coming.
by Telekill
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki: "I can make the whole game you imagined"

The ending may be "brilliant" but the game will still have significantly less content and parts cut out that we would have seen in a Shenmue V, but not in IV simply because it's one game less so the length of the story would be obviously shorter.

Ok... obviously the hypothetical Shenmue IV and V are not guaranteed by any means. Would we all prefer if the planets aligned and we magically got both of those for a more complete story....? Definitely. All the fans would love to have the most fleshed out Shenmue story and experience possible. What I'm saying is that the odds of us getting to Shenmue V are slim to nill. It's all dependent on the success of Shenmue IV which is dependent on the success of Shenmue III. There are too many "if's" involved to assume that we'll be getting a fifth game.

That said... which would you actually prefer if it was known that we will only get 4 games?
1. A completed story done very well by the talented Suzuki and his team at YsNet.
2. A continuation of the story with no ending. You'll never get the ending at this point.
by Telekill
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Short but another great look.

The second character shown is actually cute. Makes me realize the modelers are capable of making cute characters. Hopefully Shenhua turns out equally as cute as she appeared in the first two games.
by Telekill
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Yeah... I'm not understanding the outright angst people have for Shenmue. Many have already stated that it's a Kickstarter game with limited funds. That was obvious since E3 2015 or the Kickstarter would have never happened. It was explained pretty well.

As for the Naughty Dog comparison earlier... comparing one of the most talented devs currently in the industry that has nearly unlimited resources given their successes with that of YsNet that has severely limited resources... is just asinine. That said, I would still put Yu Suzuki as being just as talented as anyone at Naughty Dog.

In reference to maybe we shouldn't be having blind fanboyism or maybe we should be more subjective instead of just having faith in the project... I would remind anyone that says otherwise that it was the fanboy's faith that got Shenmue 3 off the ground and made it a reality. I will admit that I had lost faith in ever seeing Shenmue continue and then when I saw the Kickstarter announcement... after picking my jaw up off the floor, I quickly added my piece of the pie to the project.

I knew right from the beginning that Shenmue 3 wouldn't be on the level of today's AAA games. It wouldn't be an Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption or Assassin's Creed and you know what...?... It doesn't need to be. Shenmue 1 and 2 were incredible games regardless of not having today's graphical and animation fidelity.

As I loved and still love the original Shenmue games... that was my baseline for what to expect from the graphic and animation capabilities of the third game. In all honesty... that's what I was actually expecting... but in HD resolution... and I was just fine with it. When it broke records getting 3x what Suzuki-san was asking... my expectation for the graphical and animation fidelity remained at around Dreamcast levels. Granted, that was partially because I was having difficulty envisioning a modern day Shenmue.

Given the teaser trailer and the facial animation update, the project is thus far, exceeding my expectations. My main concern right now is two fold.

1. Will Sega give us the first two games in HD?
2. I'm more than likely going to be moving in the next six months. If the surveys on where to send my copy of the game comes before I discover where my new address will be, I'm not sure where to have them send it.

Am I at all worried about Shenmue 3 and that I'll be enjoying it? Not. At. All.
by Telekill
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question for people who backed $100

I backed at $100 on the Kickstarter. You give them all that info on the questionnaire that they will send you. They are working on those now and should be out probably earlier next year I would imagine.
by Telekill
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question for people who backed $100

I backed at $100 on the Kickstarter. You give them all that info on the questionnaire that they will send you. They are working on those now and should be out probably earlier next year I would imagine.
I looked on the website and that only talks about if you want the PS4 or PC version. I guess time will tell.

The questionnaire will have various things on it including...
- Which version of the game you want
- Where to send physical items too
- What name you want put in the credits

There will possibly be other things as well, but those are the main ones.
by Telekill
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ghost of Tsushima

Do we know if the game will be open world yet? I can't find any information on the game beyond the cinematic trailer.

It is actually open world. Check out the Sucker Punch main page under the "Watch the Interview" link:

https://www.suckerpunch.com/category/game/ghost-of-tsushima/

Also found a decent article giving the history of the battle and what we may be able to expect from the game:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/31/the-history-behind-ghost-of-tsushima

Yeah... I'm stoked.
by Telekill
Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: November 3rd: Tweetathon to #SaveShenmueHD

Tweeting completed. I am now a Twit.
by Telekill
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Tenchu_Wrath_of_Heaven.jpg

I'm on a bit of a ninja/samurai stint thanks to the Ghost of Tsushima announcement. Due to that I repurchased Tenchu Wrath of Heaven on PS2. Thankfully it only set me back about $8. I've found that the camera controls are the worst part of getting used to a PS2 game again. When you're used to have so much control in today's games and then have limited control it can get kind of frustrating. The rest of the game plays fairly well by today's standards; granted with more clunky controls, but it's still doable.

https://i5.walmartimages.ca/images/Large/015/671/999999-887256015671.jpg?odnBound=460

Continuing my stint, I am still playing For Honor. I got my Orochi up to prestige 7 which means that I'm into the Epic (aqua or cyan) gear. Season 4 just started and the new Samurai, the Aramusha, has my full attention as they wield two kitana swords. Reminds me of Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles. Luckily, I already have $15,000 silver to unlock him in a week given that I don't have the Gold Edition of the game. I'll be unlocking him after the next game listed.

https://i5.walmartimages.ca/images/Large/669/764/6000197669764.jpg?odnBound=460

I'm probably picking this up tonight or tomorrow on my way home from work; one of the two. It's the first Star Wars product I'll have purchased since about 2003 when Jedi Academy came out. Both will have been purchased to play with my brother. I enjoyed the beta and enjoy reading the uproar on forums about the micro transactions and loot crates controversies. I have zero plans to pay extra on the game and am buying it for the co-op only; competitive MP be damned.
by Telekill
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

This is probably the last time I'll be logged in until after Christmas so I wanted to drop a note wishing you all the very best over the next couple weeks. 2018 is looking to be promising for at least some Shenmue news of some kind if not the release of the third game.

I also wanted to say thanks to most members of Shenmue Dojo for being a great group of people. There are many (most) gaming related forums that are full of trolls, jerks and much harsher words than that. It's generally really easy to come on here and speak your mind about something; be it Shenmue related or not. Thanks for that guys/gals.

Merry Christmas and again, Happy New Year.
by Telekill
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

My two cents:

I honestly forgot about Magic and even when it was being hyped, I didn't care given that we got very little from the last one. I expected nothing from Magic and expect nothing until E3.

I feel the images shown are a great improvement on the character side of things. I'm not worried in the least about the clipping of the environments. It will get sorted out. As for the odd animations in the extended video that we weren't supposed to see in the first place.... the video is more than six months old. It was taken before Deep Silver jumped in adding both funds and support to the project. Hell, for the four new screenshots we got, they probably just did a quick drop of the characters into the old environments and posed them quickly via a "cut/paste" scenario to get something out and new for fans.

I'm thinking it will be at E3 when we see a full gameplay trailer and I'm still looking forward to seeing what Suzuki and company have cooked up for this long awaited sequel.
by Telekill
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hell Froze Over -- Selling Dreamcast Because of This.

Well folks, with Shenmue 1 & 2 finally being released in HD on PS4, it's time for me to sell off my classic Sega system.

I know... it's a classic and the last Sega system, not to mention a good Sega system. The problem is that it takes up space and now nearly every game I loved on Dreamcast is available somewhere else. This means that the only classic game systems that I'll be keeping are my Sega Genesis and Game Gear. Everything else will have been sold off.

What about those of you who still have your Dreamcasts? Will you be selling yours as well or keeping it for posterity?

I will be keeping my blue VMU for my nerd shelf. I downloaded Chao Adventure to it.
by Telekill
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hell Froze Over -- Selling Dreamcast Because of This.

Don't worry guys, I'm not dissing the Dreamcast. It was a great system. If there are still games you love on it not available elsewhere then that's a good reason to keep yours. It's simply not the case for me any longer:

Telekill wrote: now nearly every game I loved on Dreamcast is available somewhere else.
by Telekill
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

@Dorian, @Peter

Guys... this should be a time to celebrate. Let's please keep the hostilities as private messages if they have to happen at all.

Dorian - In reference to Aimless Gamer, let's calm down a bit here. It sounded like you were dismissing the pain and suffering of kids which is why Aimless Gamer is taking offense. If you didn't mean it that way, then please let him know it was an accidental slip.

As for your current stress over a lack of funds, I can fully understand where you're coming from and your difficulties shouldn't be dismissed either.

Everyone put the brakes on and please check your anger at the door.
by Telekill
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Critical Reception (Reviews)

Modern critical receptions of a 19 year old game are moot.
by Telekill
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Recently Created Gaming Mug in Celebration

Hey guys!

In the excitement I decided to paint a new coffee mug for myself. I did this two weeks ago but thought you guys may like it.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Telekill/Mobile%20Uploads/20180415_064731_zpshc3w5eey.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Telekill/Mobile%20Uploads/20180415_064726_zpsfampy7vp.jpg

One of the games displayed is of course Shenmue. I didn't want to put the 3 because I hoped the HD collection would be announced. Luckily it was.
The others are Uncharted (favorite series), Ghost of Tsushima (highly anticipated), Assassin's Creed (also a favorite), Red Dead Redemption 2 (highly anticipated), and Soul Calibur 6.

Not pictured on the other side of the mug is the Nintendo Switch side displaying Zelda, Smash Bros and the upcoming Yoshi.

I may make a completely Shenmue oriented one after the HD collection releases.
by Telekill
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD - Are the cutscenes in 4:3 (Non-Widescreen)?!

At this point I'm just happy the Shenmue HD Collection is happening. I'd prefer widescreen/non-stretched gameplay and cut scenes but if they turn out to be standard 4:3 aspect ratio, it won't burst my bubble.
by Telekill
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Competition - Sacred Spot Guide Giveaway!

I entered 7x.

Hoping to win. If I do, I'll probably end up framing it.

Good luck to all.
by Telekill
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Article

Hi Allen! It's really awesome to see a dev interacting with fans like this! You're a credit to the industry that you can be so down to earth like this! Thanks for all the hard work to yourself and the rest of the team, and thank you so much for bringing us the original Shenmue's back :D really hope we get a ton of new fans to the series, and caught up with plenty of time for Shenmue 3! All the best!

I really can't say it better than that. Very cool to have a dev working on the project actually interacting with the fanbase. Thanks for being here and talking with us.
by Telekill
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Merch Teased

I would love an affordable figure of Ryo for my nerd shelf. First Four Figures did a great job on theirs, but the cost has sky rocketed to unaffordable.
by Telekill
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So does Shenmue III ride the coattails for E3?

It would make sense for Shenmue 3 to be at E3 to show some gameplay at the very least. I would be happy to finally have a release date but who knows what will happen. Only time will tell.

Frankly I'm just happy that it's actually happening. With the announcement of the Shenmue HD Collection set to release this year, I would be fine if Yu Suzuki needed another few months to polish the third installment. I'll be playing through the HD collection before I touch the third regardless.
by Telekill
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Article

dietsoap wrote: guys I don't think allan is ever coming back lmao

Or he is really busy with working on this game as well as his personal life and doesn't spend a lot of time on the forums.
by Telekill
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

also at the time of this posting the page is listing the release date as 6/26/2018 so that may be the real date and they were not supposed to list it, that has happened before with stores and other games. Until the date is official though please take that with a grain of salt... or maybe a pound haha.

I think that's a plausible release date. That puts the release about a week or two after E3 this year which would make sense if they want to cause a hype train for the third game on Sony's stage.
by Telekill
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

I've been checking various sites and have yet to see Shenmue HD Collection up for preorder. So far I've checked:

Amazon
BestBuy
Gamestop
Walmart
Target

... no dice.

Have any of you found a site that are taking preorders yet?
by Telekill
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hell Froze Over -- Selling Dreamcast Because of This.

Well folks... it's done. My Dreamcast and games sold for $200. I kept my blue VMU as a keepsake for my nerd shelf. It also has Chao Adventure on it.

For those shocked that I sold it... look at it like this. Now someone else hasthe chance to fall in love with the Shenmue series before the HD Collection releases.
by Telekill
Wed May 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Welp... I did it.

I now have two copies of Shenmue HD on preorder. Amazon has been iffy as of late on their preorders so I went ahead and preordered at my local Gamestop as well. Whichever starts heading my direction first will be the one that I pick up.

As a perspective... I've never... ever... preordered the same game from two locations. This is a first for me regardless that I won't be purchasing both.
by Telekill
Thu May 03, 2018 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I & II pre-orders dominating charts

Did any of you actually ever think you would see a post like this? Ever?

Great news for the series.
by Telekill
Sun May 13, 2018 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

With the Shenmue HD Collection coming this year, it will keep me company while I wait for the third.

That said, there can be absolutely ZERO half-assing with this game. To me, a second delay with a publisher and dev help means this must deliver the "full on Shenmue experience" that Yu Suzuki promised in 2015. No excuses now.
by Telekill
Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Release Date Speculation

darksniper wrote: March 2019 for Shenmue HD

Wouldn't THAT be a kick to the f**king balls.
by Telekill
Sat May 19, 2018 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

In reference to the logo on page 6 of the comments, I'm hoping for the return of the original logo. I still really don't like the Yu Suzuki drawn logo.

Nice to see everybody is so positive. I saw the IGN video and they said it will be delayed as a negative.

IGN paints every delay as a negative. It doesn't matter which game it is. They value not impeding on their impatience more than the quality of the product.
by Telekill
Thu May 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 100 GB! S3 is not going to be small

If it stays at 100GBs on PC, I honestly hope that it's not that much on the PS4 version. Hell, I'm shocked that some games like For Honor end up taking up around 62GB's on the PS4 after all the updates. It's kinda ridiculous. I even upgraded my HDD to a 1TB and have to monitor the HDD space every couple of months. Seems crazy.
by Telekill
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

As I am in a bit of a conundrum on where I'll be when the game is shipped, I sent an e-mail direct to the survey support team to ask if there will be a way to update my shipping address beyond the Sept 30th mark. I also pledged on both the Kickstarter ($100 mark) and the Paypal Slacker Backer ($13 digital soundtrack is all I wanted), and asked if I should expect two different survey's.

I'll keep you guys posted with their reply.

They finally replied guys and given their answer... it looks like if you're on the fence about where you'll be, you'll be able to update your shipping address past the end of September.

Their reply is below:

Sorry for the confusion on the survey's close; that will close add-ons and changes to your tiers and questions, but it will not remove your ability to change your address. Fangamer will send you an email before we ship (or otherwise would have to lock addresses for some reason).

Thus, it looks like you'll have one final chance to give them where you want your physical backer rewards sent. Great news for me and anyone else that could be moving soon.
by Telekill
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

Ok... I agree with Adam in his new video that the guys that took the time to go back into the source code to get us the game on modern systems and in full 1080p deserve massive credit. It sounds like a very frustrating undertaking and I would shake the hand of every single one of the coders that did that. As I can't do that, the least I can do is buy the game right?

As for all the negativity surrounding the Shenmue HD Collection, I don't understand why people would show any kind of negativity towards this that were real fans. Is it a remake like Resident Evil 2... no. Is it 4K and/or 60fps like many modern releases... no. It doesn't matter. We are getting both games in an HD collection on modern systems. That in and of itself is enough to be excited over.

I think some may be forgetting that Shenmue fans right now are in the midst of an incredibly rare moment. The experience that we all love was cut short due to various reasons. 17 years after the last game released we are getting a full source code remaster of one of our favorite games/stories. Not only that but we are expecting it to finally continue with the third game releasing next year. Remember people... 4 years ago, the series was essentially dead. There was no reason to ever believe that we would get a remaster collection let alone a continuation to the story. We are getting both and from the success we're seeing, we could very well see Shenmue continue to completion. I don't believe I've ever seen or heard of another fanbase getting this kind of reboot to a favorite series.

Don't let the negative people online get you down. As a Shenmue fan... it's time to celebrate :!:
by Telekill
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Countdown!

http://www.gamehype.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/12.jpg

https://w3.countingdownto.com/g/TzuDL1ugHDb9kA

I'm honestly a bit surprised no one had done this yet.
I created a countdown timer to the release of the Shenmue HD Collection.

For fun, I also put in a poll.

As for me, I'm buying it on PS4. I'll be buying copies for friends and family at Christmas.
by Telekill
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

No negativity from me. I would have been happy with a straight port of the Dreamcast versions. Instead, we're getting both games with cross save compatibility (something I've never experienced living in America). We get gameplay in widescreen format. We get full 1080p HD resolutions. We get both English and Japanese voice overs (if you're into that). We're getting a new UI and a secondary modern control scheme.

WE GET SHENMUE 1 & 2 ON MODERN SYSTEMS!

How awesome is it to be a Shenmue fan!? Pretty f**king awesome!

I can't wait.

From the sounds of it, we're lucky to be getting these on newer systems at all considering the coding nightmare. Hats off to the guys that had to deal with that mess.
by Telekill
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Countdown!

Only one month to go guys!

*HYPE*
by Telekill
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic