Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III at Magic Monaco 2016 + KS Update #52

Just speechless =D> .....The atmosphere and artistic quality in that fly through within the video was epic.

Coupled with a powerful soundtrack/story and we have the magic of a true Shenmue experience :D
by Batosai
Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA currently "investigating" making Shenmue 1/2 HD hap

1. Sega is a business. You need to remember that. They owe us nothing.
2. Shenmue is:
a. Loaded with licensed products.
b. Loaded with voice acting.
c. In a business sense, an abject failure in the past.

Shenmue has always been a difficult project when looking at the numbers. But has Sega really achieved success as a business doing what its doing at the moment? Personally i believe a dedicated fanbase will help the bottom line in future ventures and recent acknowledgements of their own failures seems to suggest they are feeling the loss of such a fanbase. Besides i'm sure its costing Sega money to have to keep responding to us nagging fans :lol:

As for Shenmue remaster i don't think renaming product placement is an issue, its more voice acting and game engine components but if its been in the pipeline for quite some time its unclear as to how much of this has been accomplished or not, it might not be the monumental task it seems. Also its failure was kind of in part due to the platforms userbase even though it was expensive to make. It just needs a kickstart (no pun intended, honest!) to be relevant in the modern era, i mean the games continued support is not just a knee-jerk emotional response it was quite impressive on a technical and innovative level which I think that can be conveyed if done right.
by Batosai
Fri May 13, 2016 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA currently "investigating" making Shenmue 1/2 HD hap

I would prefer an announcement to be officially made after a reasonable amount of progress has been made such as the latter half of development. This is because a lot of the excitement fizzles out between time announced until it is released for the new audience it is trying to reach out to.

Also to create the necessary impact it needs to be at E3 where both media and consumers are alert to new announcements. Really has to be fast, effective and not let the honeymoon period drop off, announcement this E3 with a release date maybe 6-8 months prior to Shemnue 3 would be ideal I think.

Shenmue as a franchise needs to expand its fanbase so it no longer gets asked by the majority "what is all the fuss about?".
by Batosai
Fri May 13, 2016 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How long have you been a Shenmue fan?

Been a fan since around time it released on XBOX but i first discovered it on the Dreamcast and played the original games. Sadly I was only able to afford the Dreamcast when it was no longer popular and sold cheaply on ebay, even than it was by chance.... I bought it almost for completions sake and it being cheap but it had all the more impact because i had no expectations when I played it, even then around xbox games it was obvious it was something pretty special :D
by Batosai
Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamescom 2017: The Shenmue Master's Recap

This was an incredibly well put together summary of the recent interviews, thank you so much! Were times i shed a tear or two reading this article its so inspiring!

I wasn't worried about the progress of the project as most of the visible enhancements come at the end when completed component are integrated. I think revealing less information is a good thing as reactions are over exaggerated these days however hopefully this will instill more confidence as it really gave some concrete details of his vision and some implementation details.
by Batosai
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic