Search found 2 matches

Return

Archive of Shenmue Passport content?

I was wondering if anyone ever got around to archiving any/all of the Shenmue Passport textual content? I along with some other GameFAQs members attempted this feat back in 2002. I was just going through some of my old files and noticed I have a lot of that data in text format, including character profiles (which I see some are available on the Dojo but I believe those were in some of the guides), descriptions of places, and things like Nozomi's Messages.

Does anyone know if this data is out there at all? If not I would love to contribute it to make it available somewhere. I originally started a website called Yokosuka City many years ago and originally planned to publish the data there but I stopped updating it eventually.

It was fascinating how much backstory was created for the series, and unfortunate to see it all disappear with the closing of the Passport.

http://i.imgur.com/Ck6G6xu.jpg?1
by Hibiki Rush
Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Archive of Shenmue Passport content?

The problem with the linked video is that it seems to have been taken after the servers were actually taken down, since a lot of the profile text states that the data cannot be retrieved. Nearly all of the written text for the Passport content was stored server-side, and was never on the disc. Thus it's not available now.

The project I along with some other GameFAQs users took on was to transcribe all of that information. I believe we ended up getting all of the Places descriptions finalized, some of the scroll information, the people (although this information was in the guide already), and Nozomi's Messages but not sure if that's complete since it was always randomized.

I guess if the owner of the site is interested in putting this data up I would be more than happy to pass it along.
by Hibiki Rush
Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic