Search found 832 matches

Return

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

Slowly making it's way up the Steam top sellers list. It's at about 11 now, was at 18 an hour ago.

Doing well considering it's also the Summer sale and going up against some pretty heavy discounts/popular games.
by Spaghetti
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

Shenmue I & II fluctuated to as high as 8th top seller on Steam yesterday, but it's back down to 25th today.

Which is still alright. It's hanging on in the first page, and we're in the midst of the Summer Sale with some very deep discounts happening.
by Spaghetti
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

People like to scream that Denuvo is always online, but it's really not. I've been able to get into Denuvo-using games in offline mode fine, I just don't think you can do that indefinitely , however. Unless you actively decide to go off the grid, have the worst internet imaginable, or are on deployment in the military or whatever... you're unlikely to ever be inconvenienced by Denuvo having to check-in with an internet connection occasionally.

Harder DRM (Denuvo) on top of softer DRM (Steam) is a bit silly, but people work themselves into contortions over Denuvo as a bogeyman. First it allegedly destroyed SSDs (disproved since), now it causes performance issues (I believe tests have shown it hampers performance by... a few frames at best?).

There's a hilarious case on the Steam forums right now, with someone whining in every thread about how Denuvo is SEGA treating paying customers like pirates. Some brave soul raked over that user's posting history and found... admissions of piracy.

A lot of Denuvo whining is projection, and propaganda.
by Spaghetti
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New PC Screenshots on Steam Page

That Ren scene appeared in the trailer that dropped yesterday, FYI. With what looks like basically the same brightness levels "as it should be".
by Spaghetti
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

Let's try to deescalate this a little bit...

I think Anonymous81 was also posting in the Steam discussion forums for Shenmue I & II as well, and let me tell you, that place puts the KS comments for Shenmue III to shame in terms of sheer madness. If that was them posting (as I believe it was, considering they said "peace out" pretty much around the same time they did here), then there was a commendable effort to keep calm and argue back against some shitty posters over there.

I'm not sure it was their intention to snap and decide to leave the Dojo, but dealing with the basically unmoderated hellhole of a Steam discussion board and then seeing the same major topic being raked over here, might have made things get more heated then they should have.

So let's maybe put the DRM discussion to bed for a bit.
by Spaghetti
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

I'm back only for this post.

... Or a QTE prompt.

Could be a counter indicator, à la the Arkham series.
It's neither.

https://abload.de/img/fightingthugsindicato9jf1p.jpg

Looks like a lock-on indicator. There's also a forklift in the background, and what look like newspapers on the floor.

The move Ryo is doing looks really similar to Akira's Houken at 1 minute 54 in this video: https://youtu.be/B9jm6lbJj54?t=113

High res:

https://abload.de/img/fight_with_thugsqrev6.jpg
by Spaghetti
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic