Search found 920 matches

Return

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

I knew compressed audio was what we were getting. While it's known Sega still has Ryo's English lines uncompressed i highly doubt they also have every single uncompressed line from the close to one a thousand NPCs throughout both games in both languages so its understandable.
by GYO6161
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New PC Screenshots on Steam Page

And frankly, the emulated screenshot shown looks too dark, and not because of good contrast, since the color contrast still looks more vibrant in the port shot imo. I don't remember the game looking that dark back in the day, but it's been quite a long while since I've played it on DC so as I said, I can't tell.
You're right! I pulled the comparison frames from Mr357's Shenmue 2 movie, and I forgot there was a known problem with the entire thing being too dark on one of the YouTube uploads. Sorry about that.

We're having another discussion about this somewhere where it won't bother anyone, and someone pointed out the same thing and posted a hardware shot for comparison. I don't want to hotlink it here for obvious reasons, but you can still make out the wall textures in the background in the hardware shot unlike my comparison. The wall textures are still far brighter in the new shots, but there's a noticeable difference. I'll see if I can get proper footage (unfortunately not in HD) and update the comparisons above in case people are hotlinking the images elsewhere. But...

Ultimately it doesn't matter, so I'll drop further discussion on this issue. I still think it was worth pointing out the differences from a factual standpoint, and I look forward to seeing more comparisons made between the different versions of the game after release!
by Sappharad
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III - selection of atmospheres

You couldn't resist to put that 2020 on your image, could you?
by Kiske
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

^ I seem to recall him mentioning some sort of crippling medical/anxiety issues; it might provide some context here.

In any case, he’s a good poster, so it’s unfortunate (and frankly a bit silly) to just abruptly quit like this, especially over an informative discussion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Come back dude, it’s a good time to be a Shenmue fan.
by punkmanced
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I & II HD : FAQs Answered by Sega & d3t

Update:
GYO6161 wrote: Bloom can be turned off confirmed by Sega Europe
https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/ ... 1229370368

Great news!
by punkmanced
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:22 am

Jump to forum