Search found 920 matches

Return

Re: Kickstsrter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

I genuinely believe that we might be seeing a set release date for this sooner than we expect.

And congrats Peter!
by Jibby
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh shit you need everything here. The name you want in the games credits, your message for the guestbook, your photo etc! Fuck i havent thought about this!!
by Peter
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wow! This really came out of nowhere lol! So awesome that you can do upgrades, been waiting for that for so long now!

I wonder if this means that the trial demo is close?? Would be so funny if we get a demo before we even see game play :P Surely, that would never happen! Gamescom game play (maybe even of the demo) and then a demo release to trial backers very shortly after?
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: Oh shit you need everything here. The name you want in the games credits, your message for the guestbook, your photo etc! Fuck i havent thought about this!!

Haha now that's what I wanted to know. This is so cool :)
by Reprise
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

Serioulsy i am freaking out because i dont know what picture to use or what message to type into the book! Heres what you will need guys, so give it some thought!

- Name
- Shipping Address
- Version of the game you want (Physical Steam Disc - Kickstarter Exclusive Case, Plysical Playstation 4 Disc - Kickstarter Exclusive Case, Steam Digital Download, Playstation Digital Download)
- Name to appear on Shenmue 3 Homepage
- Name to appear in the game credits
- T-Shirt Size
- Your name for the Choubu Inn Guestbook
- Your 140 character message for the Choubu Inn Guestbook
- Your name for the Special Sponsor section (if applicable)
- Your picture for the Harbour Lounge Waiting Area. Height = 1280x768
- an upload of your autograph to accompany the photo
by Peter
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Of course some survey options may not be available to backers, depending on which tier they have selected.
by Peter
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If it's of any use for French & Italian speaking fans, here are the dedicated translations (in addition to the original English version by Peter):

https://i.imgur.com/9OmB4cl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cHg6gyT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zL59mSI.jpg
by Kiske
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in magazines

GamesMaster in the UK lists Shenmue HD as readers' most wanted game, with Shenmue 3 right behind in second. :)
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Shenhua's voice actor has updated her blog - https://ameblo.jp/palblog37/entry-12383933163.html

It's not much, but there's another little image of Shenmue III on the screen

by KidMarine
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD in magazines

Jesus. Is like a snarky resetera poster wrote that. Lmao.
by GYO6161
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1999 Interview with Yu Suzuki "15 Secrets of Shenmue"

https://i.imgur.com/xz5MmOV.jpg

I've posted up a translation of an interview Yu Suzuki held with the media on 18th January 1999, soon after the successful Shenmue premiere events. Shenmue was still somewhat shrouded in mystery, so the "15 Secrets" this article refers to - while not representing special in-game secrets or the like - are an interesting reflection on both expectations from the media/public as well as Yu Suzuki's mindset almost a year before its actual release.

Not only that, but Suzuki mentions themes that he still holds with importance today with development of Shenmue III, such as "reality vs realism".

Link to the interview:

Part 1/2:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/06/part-12-15-secrets-of-shenmue-1999.html

Part 2/2:
https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/06/part-22-15-secrets-of-shenmue-1999.html
by Switch
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For those who still couldn't see all the add-ons Peter posted, here's another pic:

by sand4fish
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Inspired Travel Series

Hi guys, I recently went on my travels over to China and Japan, and visited quite a few places along the way. I took heaps of photos and video footage, with the intentions of creating some sort of video series when I got back.

Part 1 -
https://youtu.be/mXRc6z4SEpk
In this first part I visited the Beijing Zoo, The Great Wall of China, Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.

Part 2 -
https://youtu.be/kqvyGUQWcWc
In this episode I visited the Terracotta Warriors Army, The Master of the Nets Zen Gardens, The Venice of the East Canal District, and Tiger Hill (Pagoda / leaning tower)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why is this considered a Shenmue Inspired Travel series? Well I believe that without Shenmue I would never have ever made it to these wonderful countries, it's because of Shenmue that I was inspired to make the journey to see some of the places from our beloved series. Whilst I didn't end up visiting Hong Kong or Guilin, what I did get to see in China, in my opinion was some of the things that Yu Suzuki would have originally seen on his travels, and it's these things in turn that I believe went on to inspire Shenmue aswell. I also did the one thing that's on every Shenmue fan's bucklet list - visit Dobuita Street in Yokosuka! :)

I will update this original post whenever a new Part of the series is available! Thanks for checking out the videos guys, and I hope you enjoy them 8) !

Trailer -
https://youtu.be/5Sq7UANsA1w
by James Brown
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Criticism is not a bannable offence. You won't be punished for expressing concern or fairly critiquing the project.

However, accounts that are solely dedicated to criticising every element of the campaign or criticism that is riddled with misinformation and a lack of context may receive a warning.

This may be a Shenmue forum, but we don't expect posters to be blindly positive all the time. However in return we also ask that people aren't blindly negative. If there's something you think deserves criticism, by all means go for it. Just be sure to be fair and consider all sides and there won't be an issue.
by Jibby
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

March 30, 2018 (+51 days)

$6,868,709 (+$14,790) ($290/day)

75,696 Backers (+180) (+$82/backer)
May 17th 2018 (+48 days)

$$6,891,136 (+$22,427) ($467 per day)

75,957 backers (+261) (+$85 per backer)

Hopefully didn't screw the numbers, did them myself.
June 22nd 2018 (+36 days)

$6,901,625 (+$10,489) ($291/day)

76,045 backers (+88) (+$119/backer)
by bebolejia
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

A settling pace after the boost received from the HD announcement, but a couple of mini-milestones passed there: 6.9 million dollars and 76 thousand backers. =D>
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Posting errors

Apologies folks but Rod is on a global vacation at the moment and this bug is rooted somewhere we can't find. It's definitely not the hosts issue, it's on our end.

To be up front, I can only apologise and say we will have to bear this for the next few weeks because... well there's no real point. I don't want to nail on an exact date, but by the end of July the Dojo will be changing. With the new site will come the upgrade to phpbb and essentially newly designed forums. The only saving grace is that Shenmue news is in a lull right now so, for now, I'm very sorry.
by Peter
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

I never really thought of Shenmue as looking "realistic", even in the early 2000's. There have always been characters who were clearly manga-like or cartton-like if you will.

Chai, Doi Niu, Tom, for instance. But also to an extent Joy, Ren, Lan Di and Mario, the Pizza guy who is a straight-up hommage to Super Mario.

So Mr Muscles doesn't get me worried at all.
by Hyo Razuki
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Dojo - past, present and future.

Quick update in here for now, and Mattis ( TheTimeRanger ) now joins Mr.Rod as part of the Designer/Coder group so he will have full permissions across the site, and is part of the team.

Its been 2 months now of sleepless nights, countless design ideas and full site restructuring.... but we are almost there! If we thought we were working hard before, then now is a big step up. Everyday of the week is now dedicated to working on the new site. Id say we are about 70% complete, with quite a few more things to do, but we are getting there. Its crunch time folks, so go visit the current site because its weeks away from going. Whilst its not completely 100% official yet, we are shooting for a release on July 20th . This could change slightly, but we want the new site up and functional by the end of the month, for stress tests and functionality before Gamescom rolls around. The site and forums will be offline for 3 day s, but our social media outlets will still be open, as well as being welcome to visit other community sites such as Shenmue Master, 500K, Team Yu, Shenmue Forever, Phantom Riverstone and others that are out there.

I will try and keep you updated as much as possible as we push towards the end. Now, wheres the coffee....
by Peter
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Dojo Streams Return! - Thursday 26th July 9PM BST

https://i.imgur.com/y5zyDMp.jpg

The Shenmue Dojo streams are back! For fans and viewers of the Shenmue Lounge, it's Peter that will be firing up his Dreamcast for one last ride with the original Shenmue before Shenmue I & II hit modern systems!

Tune in weekly - Thursday 26th July @ 9pm BST / 1pm PT / 4pm ET / 5am Japan :)

You can catch the stream on your platform of choice -

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2hLEfFt
YouTube: https://bit.ly/2KkVPuP

See you on Thursday! :king:
by James Brown
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

Pre-order figures haven't been made public and likely won't be. All we have to go on is the strong performance we've seen in the Amazon charts.

Hopefully game hints will now be delivered in Iwao's voice through the speaker in the PS4 controller. :)

The noise after you obtain a move scroll should go to the controller. You know the DO DOOM DOOOOOM noise \:D/ \:D/
That's gonna scare the shit out of people who don't know it's coming.

...Do it :devillaugh:
by ShenGCH
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pre-order figures haven't been made public and likely won't be. All we have to go on is the strong performance we've seen in the Amazon charts.

Hopefully game hints will now be delivered in Iwao's voice through the speaker in the PS4 controller. :)

The noise after you obtain a move scroll should go to the controller. You know the DO DOOM DOOOOOM noise \:D/ \:D/
by darksniper
Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's really cool that they're recognizing the 3rd with whatever they're announcing.
by Rikitatsu
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III - ALL THE FACTS AND INFORMATION (THUS FAR)

The real key differences are that every NPC won't have a backstory, and that the game world isn't designed to realistically house almost every single NPC like the original. Then you've got that knock-on effect that NPCs still be roaming the streets late at night in II when in the original they're almost entirely cleared out, which leads to some vendors remaining open until right up until Ryo's curfew to keep the game world interesting late at night, etc. IMO it's not a concession on technology or complexity of technology, but instead a concession to game design and environmental constraints.

This becomes especially apparent when you lose the curfew - I've been watching a street fight go on for six months and everyone's still cheering them on. :mrgreen:
by DigitalDuck
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Hello Backers!

The long wait for the surveys is now over and we are happy to announce that surveys begin today.

You will receive an email from Fangamer at the email address you have registered with Kickstarter for Kickstarter backers, or either your PayPal or Shenmue.link registered email for Slacker Backers. The email contains a link to your survey with the questions needed for your rewards. Here you will confirm your preferred game platform and other rewards, write your guestbook message, credit name etc., and get to us all of your info that will be in the game and to get ready for release and delivery!

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/021/726/535/e4620f2e7d7ef5c99b70dfb8b613430e_h264_high.mp4

Who Gets a Survey?

Surveys will go out to all backers who pledged on Kickstarter and those who pledge on the Slacker Backer up through August 13, 2018 at 11:59PM JST (7:59AM PDT).

*Backers will receive an email with instructions for the survey once preparations are complete. Surveys from Fangamer will be sent within 10 business days from the date of your pledge.

When will Surveys close?

Surveys will close Septempber 30, 2018 at 11:59PM JST (7:59AM PDT). We please ask that everyone respond by this time. We need your responses for game production and reward manufacturing, so make sure to respond within the survey period.

Can I Upgrade My Reward?

Reward upgrades (and add-ons!) will be available through the Fangamer survey site. We have received many requests asking about possible reward tier upgrades and add-ons, and now is the chance! *Please note that upgrades are available up to the $250 tier level.

For more information on the available upgrades and add-ons, please visit Shenmue 3 on Fangamer .

Which Reward Tiers can be Upgraded?

Reward tiers differ between the Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns, so please see below which reward tiers can be upgraded.

*Backers who selected "No Reward" during the Kickstarter are also eligible for this service.

Kickstarter Reward Tiers that can be Upgraded

US$5 Shenmue Lives

US$29 Digital Copy

US$39 Save Shenmue Digital Upgrade

US$60 Physical Copy - PC

US$60 Physical Copy - PS4

US$80 S3 World Telecom

US$100 Shenmue 3 Trial Version

US$120 Toy Capsules "I Should Buy One"

US$160 Bonus Pack

US$175 Printed Art Book

US$250 Kickstarter Collector's Edition

Slacker Backer Reward Tiers that can be Upgraded

US$13 Digital Soundtrack

US$29 Digital Copy for PC or PS4

US$30 Shenmue 3 T-shirt

US$60 Physical Copy for PC or PS4

US$100 Shenmue 3 Trial Version

US$120 Toy Capsules "I should buy one."

US$160 Bonus Pack

US$175 Printed Art Book

US$250 Shenmue Collector's Edition

$7M Stretch Goal in Reach!

The Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns combined currently stand at $6.9M. We are almost at the $7M stretch goal for the AI Battling battle system expansion! This is the last chance for stretch goals and we ask for your continued support!

*The Slacker Backer campaign and upgrades & add-ons through Fangamer will end on August 13th.

Battle System Expanded: AI Battling

This control system lets you automatically unleash the perfect technique in response to the opponent's positioning and distance. R&D for this system is based on Yu Suzuki's concept for players who are not used to fighting games or for those who want a full immersion battle experience. This battle system is highly compatible with the current battle system, and will be implemented upon reaching the stretch goal.

We would like to thank everyone for your patience and the inquiries you sent in anticipation of the survey roll out!

Once we have your responses in, we will continue to move forward with in-game implementation and manufacture ordering. This is a wonderful moment with the dev team and backers taking the project forward together! We'll be looking forward to your responses!!

---------- General Information ----------

Shenmue 3 Backer Survey

Backer surveys are now underway. For information on your survey, please see the email sent to you by Fangamer. Shenmue 3 can only be completed with your responses! Thank you for your cooperation!!

Please complete or make any necessary changes to your survey by these dates.

・August 13 (MON) 2018: Last day of Slacker Backer campaign, reward upgrades and add-ons

・September 30 (SUN) 2018: Surveys close

For further information, please visit:

Survey Support and Survey Resender

Choosing the PS4 or PC platform

We have a few notes to consider when choosing your platform. Also, if there would be any major changes in the requirements for either the PC or PS4 versions, the platform selection question of the survey is scheduled to remain open.

Choosing your PS4 region

Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB

Required)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

YS NET Privacy Policy

Fangamer Privacy Policy

Official Links

Kickstarter
Shenmue Link
S3 Facebook
S3 Twitter
Backer Survey on Fangamer
by sand4fish
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Some screen captures from "Megumi's cousin" clip:

https://i.imgur.com/j1xrOX0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MXdUWfo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/N1b7rDw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QvwGE8o.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CJysqhz.jpg
by Kiske
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 100 GB! S3 is not going to be small

I'm pretty sure that the storage value they presented is just a placeholder. It would be really difficult for them to give an accurate estimate for that at this stage of development.

*They also noted that the requirements are subject to change.
by Ceej
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD - Are the cutscenes in 4:3 (Non-Widescreen)?!

Still really hoping SEGA fix this. I want to suggest this releae to my friends but when seeing how it isn't even presented in widescreen its jsut embarrassing

I believe the E3 trailers showed cutscenes in widescreen. But you would be embarrassed to show your friends the game for something as minor as this? Really? lol
by Ceej
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 100 GB! S3 is not going to be small

Uh, yeah, it's not gonna be that big.
Compression of all files into the final game package is one of the very last things that happens in the development process. They haven't done it yet, so that 100gb figure is completely tentative.
I know that's already been said, but it feels like everyone is saying it with a hint of uncertainty for some reason.
So I'll just say it flat-out: a kickstarter-backed, halfway-indie, non-AAA budget game is not going to turn out to be the biggest burden on your hard drive of anything released this generation.
by OL
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue: The Gang Edition Trilogy Blu-Ray

http://www.gangentertainment.org/images/boxset3_shenmue.jpg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erQ13_VOFAA

For the 1 or 2 people who might give a crap: I've finished putting together a special blu-ray release of Shenmue: The Gang Edition Trilogy. If you've avoided owning these movies over the last decade, now's your chance to grab the entire collection on a single blu-ray disc! This release includes all 3 movies, along with all of the bonus features that were originally included on the DVDs (bloopers, behind-the-scenes documentaries, audio commentary for each movie, and more).

Important Detail: Each movie is presented in it's original, 4:3 standard definition resolution. I played around with upscaling the movies to HD resolution, but considering the source footage was originally shot on everything from VHS to Hi8 to MiniDV, it just didn't make much of a difference. I do think the video quality is better than the DVD version since the larger disc capacity allows for higher bitrates and less compression. Long story short: these look SLIGHTLY BETTER than the DVDs we've been selling for the last 10 years, lol.

If you're interested in purchasing this collection, use the link below to go to our online store. It's $30, which includes shipping to anywhere in the US ($15 extra for overseas shipping). Of course, the DVD versions are still available for a 1/3 of the price...and let's not forget that all the movies are available to watch for free on our website. But for you die-hard fans, this is the definitive Shenmue: The Gang Edition collection!

http://gangentertainment.ecrater.com/p/23068427/shenmue-the-gang-edition-trilogy
by Ocky27
Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

I think this "100GB!" and "Broadband connection" shit will probably blow over either before, or when the game is actually out.

100GB is an approximation and will likely change, and the connection bit is probably just a way of saying "hey dummy, you need better internet than 56k to download this". Anybody screaming about Denuvo should probably go and take a look at other games Deep Silver has published on Steam. Out of all their released and upcoming titles, couldn't find a single one with Denuvo and I doubt they'll start with Shenmue III.

Exactly. I just wish every little morsel of information coming out about this wouldn't produce a torrent of erroneous (and seemingly inevitably negative) response in the gaming media. But then, hyperbole generates clicks, and I know that's why they do it. Oh well, I completed my survey and it feels darn good.
by Anonymous81
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Choubu Inn Floor Plans | Translation & Commentary

https://i.imgur.com/T0K0DAOl.jpg

I've posted an article on Phantom River Stone which is an extension of the Choubu Inn floor plan translations I posted to the Dojo in 2015, with added commentary.

Background:

Going back three years to the very start of the official Shenmue III project, soon after its successful funding on Kickstarter, Yu Suzuki tweeted out several images of concept art and design documents. Among these were floor plans of a building in the town of Choubu. There were clues scattered through-out the plans in the form of labels (in Japanese), but Yu did take the precaution of releasing the images in low resolution making the text extremely blurry and difficult to distinguish. In this blog post we translate as much as possible into English.

Link to blog post:
Choubu Inn Floor Plans | Translation & Commentary
by Switch
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You've gotta hand it to the developers of Real Life, they've managed to model their assets perfectly on a game that's not even out yet. =D>
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That sky! Shenmue III absolutely nailed it.
by Jibby
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Save Transfers confirmed between 1 & 2. No transfers to 3 (as expected).

https://twitter.com/AdamKoralik/status/ ... 7313967106
by Ceej
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New images have been added on the steam page.
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_72972e60629931334f3343e806bad5dea65574dd.1920x1080.jpg?t=1530526025
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_5c72fc3b023665b84ffbba49030aa7cfb7fcae8a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1530526025
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_acb9711de7fafa0e04a2f298d6c7102ddc2bc3f4.1920x1080.jpg?t=1530526025
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_95d0538133318057ca300ce59c23a57f60ec8129.1920x1080.jpg?t=1530526025 https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_e096776cb57f5a7c59f725ac21ac3e49114ba5d2.1920x1080.jpg?t=1530526025 https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/758330/ss_24df32b2e52233864f36f80cb98f578deabc204d.1920x1080.jpg?t=1530526025

More here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/758330/Shenmue_I__II/
by GYO6161
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://i.imgur.com/Vw0p8KD.png

The recolouring and repositioning of the clown's hair, along with the addition of a little tuft on top of its head, is a nod to Krusty the Clown from The Simpsons :)
Can't believe i didn't picked up on this as a semi big Simpsons fan.
Mind blown!
by GYO6161
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The recolouring and repositioning of the clown's hair, along with the addition of a little tuft on top of its head, is a nod to Krusty the Clown from The Simpsons :)
by ShenGCH
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED: Shenmue 1 & 2 will launch 21/8/18!

After 24 hours of conflicting rumors, Sega Europe confirmed on Twitter that Shenmue 1 & 2 HD will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One on August 21st!

https://i.imgur.com/IHj8Nto.png

The digital version is now available for pre-order from the relevant stores based on your region.

https://i.imgur.com/BYO0sqh.png
https://i.imgur.com/xNvd3hn.png
[img]blob:https://imgur.com/26f15150-85a9-439b-a733-3e8764f5c354[/img]

You can watch the trailer below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc_2D4GsWME

Sega have also released an updated FAQ:

Sega have released an updated FAQ:

Which version of Shenmue II did we port?
For technical reasons we started with the Xbox source code and data. This has the advantage of some additional features missing from the Dreamcast version:

Snapshots system
Filters
Texture mip-maps to improve anti-aliasing
As some community members will know, the Xbox does have some graphical differences to the DC version which will also be present in our version.

What features have we added?
As well as the herculean effort of porting the code to the new platforms, there is a huge number of things we have added:

Choice of Japanese or English speech in both games
Saves can be carried over from Shenmue into Shenmue II on all platforms
Saving anywhere in both games
HD resolution rendering
Updated UI
New post processing effects for both games
Full controller support and configurable mouse and keyboard for PC users
Full Achievement support for both games on all platforms

What does Modern control scheme mean?
Modern control scheme means we have enabled use of the analogue stick instead of the D-Pad for movement of Ryo, as well as adding full mouse and keyboard support for PC users.

Will the games run at 60Hz?
Throughout the engine, game code and scripts there are hard coded assumptions about a fixed 30Hz frame update rate, so the game needs to run at 30Hz.

Is the game 4:3 or widescreen?
Gameplay where the player can control the camera is 16:9.

Cutscenes are letterboxed in their original formats.

Can the emulated arcade games be played?
We are pleased to announce that all the arcade games in the original are fully playable in the new release!

Who do we have to thank for this incredible work?
The amazing team at d3t.

Thank you to Sega and the community for helping with all of this. ;-)
by Peter
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED: Shenmue 1 & 2 will launch 21/8/

Spaghetti wrote: Yes. Gamescom starts the 21st of August.

The FAQ seems to imply camera control. Would be interested in hearing some elaboration on that.

I assumed that was the case from the initial trailer, where the camera panned 360 around Ryo standing in Yokosuka Harbour.
by Peter
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED: Shenmue 1 & 2 will launch 21/8/

With all the exciting news and announcements, I hope Peter could manage to find some spare time for a dojo stream tonight ..

I had given it some thought in the run up to today, but not only am i up to my eyes (busy day!!) but The Cyberbear has made it his thing to have a Twitch stream on Tweetathon day. I would encourage everyone to check him out at the below!

http://www.twitch.tv/thecyberbear
by Peter
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue I & II launch on August 21st 2018

Oh, man I haven’t been this excited since... well the announcement! :D
by TheTimeRanger
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

Answers to the questions we have had for a while now are answered as in depth as Adam can explain, including why the cutscenes are in 4:3, what type of audio is being used, which builds of the game are being used and more. Check it out in the video below, and keep the negativity to a minimum please. Bear in mind these games, along with Shenmue 3 were regarded as a sheer miracle a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUnc1PfTZM0
by Peter
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic