Search found 67 matches

Return

Re: Cédric Biscay interview by Shenmue Master

I hope for S 1 & 2 Remasters as well, but I think even without that we can still get our sales numbers. Since E3 of 2015, Shenmue has been getting massive exposure in all major gaming media, worldwide. Now be that positive or negative coverage, the name is still getting out there and a lot of people are gonna want to try S3 out.

With Yakuza for instance, number 3 has been the most successful entry so far. And that was a PS3 game, which had a much smaller user base at the time of Yakuza 3's release than the PS2 had at Yakuza 1 and 2's release. That's also kind of mid-story. If you haven't played 1 and 2, you won't be able to understand Yakuza 3's story to the fullest but you can still follow it and have fun with the game.

It's basically the same with S3. You'll never understand the full depth of the story and all its characters but you'll still be perfectly able to follow the main story line. You can easily sum up S1 and S2's story to make it accessible to newcomers with the cinema shorts YS Net have planned.

You play as the young Japanese martial artist Ryo who grew up in the suburbs with his father, a martial arts master who runs his own Dojo. In November of 1986, a Chinese triad boss named Lan Di breaks into the dojo and murders your father over the Dragon Mirror while accusing your father of having murdered a man in China in the past. You then start to pursue your fathers killer and find another mirror hidden at your house which the triad is also after. At the same time, Ryo starts dreaming about a country girl from China who also seems to be connected to the two mirrors. A Chinese martial arts master named Chen tells Ryo that the mirrors will resurrect an ancient Chinese monster called Chi You. Ryo fights a local Hell's Angels ripoff gang which is working for Lan Di and learns that Lan Di went to Hong Kong. Ryo follows him to Hong Kong and learns that a Chinese martial artist named Zhu, who used to be friends with Ryo's father is being held captive by a local gang which is also working for Lan Di. He teams up with a rival gang leader, Ren, to rescue Zhu. All the while making friends with loads of other martial artists in Yokosuka and Hong Kong and fighting lots of battles to become an ever stronger fighter. Zhu then tells Ryo and Ren the mirrors form a treasure map and says that Lan Di probably went off to mainland China, to the Guilin region, were the raw material of the mirrors can be found. Ryo gets on the next boat to the Guilin region where he runs into the girl he had seen in his dreams. And bang. There you are, in 1987's China and S3 starts at Shenhua's house.

You see, it took me like 15 lines to sum up the basic story of S1 and S2. Put that into a 5 to 10 minute video clip (nobody's gonna watch anything longer than 10 minutes) and it will be perfectly possible for anyone new to Shenmue to play S3.

Of course I'm still hoping for the Remasters but I think it is still feasible without.
by Hyo Razuki
Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New interview of Cédric Biscay (French & English)

What LGS said.

Cedric doesn't seem to know exactly what will be at MAGIC '17 in terms of Shenmue III just yet. If it was the re-reveal I don't think he'd give that answer; because Shenmue III is a guaranteed ticket-seller and hyping it up as the first proper look at the game would be beneficial to him and MAGIC.

What we know for sure is that there are no plans for a big update before December. That doesn't guarantee a December reveal by any means, but when I asked:

Is it safe to say we may get something big in December, or is there no plan for that either?

His response was:

I am not a spoiler ! ;)

He's playing coy, but given he directly said they have no plans for a big update before December, I don't think he'd dodge my question like that if there was nothing in the pipeline.

Now, as for PSX, it's just educated guesswork that it'll be there based on Yu being in LA the same month, and the obvious Sony connection.

It could appear at The Game Awards (though I doubt it, PSX is a better fan-oriented venue), or just a big Kickstarter update around Christmas, but given what the Japan dinner backers have said about what they saw (and it being old material at that), a big, public re-reveal seems like an imminent inevitability rather than something we're just dreaming about.
by Spaghetti
Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Yu pretty casually showed a Famitsu reporter new Shenmue III screens on his phone, plus apparently showed a little more than he should have to the KS dinner backers. Yu seems eager to show the game off, but obviously knows that the optics have to be right before he does so in a big way. If Cedric says they have a plan to show in December, it's safe to say it's Yu-approved.

Anyway, Cedric's reply to my tweet:

I will talk about our projects including Shenmue 3 but I will not disclose any new images or info.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/797364688711483392

Just in case anybody got their hopes up.

Three more Saturdays until PSX, though!
by Spaghetti
Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Peter,

I just read your fantastic interview in the Mega Visions issue #1 :king:

I hope you don't mind, since the interview has been officially published, if I quote you for the benefit of our Dojo friends. :)

MEGA VISIONS:
In a podcast with Fauxpop Media, Adam Sipione (one of your fellow Shenmue fans on the trip) mentioned that Yu Suzuki was quite eager to show off some material that hasn't been shown off to the public. Is there anything that you can share with us, and if you can't, can you give us your own reaction to what he showed off?

PETER CAMPBELL:
Unfortunately yes, YSNET and Suzuki-San were kind enough to give us their trust, and show us some unseen Shenmue III material at various points of the day. I am not legally bound to keep what we seen to myself, but being given that trust was an amazing gift, and not something I would breach. But what we were shown...

...Jaw dropping.

I don't mean that in a fanboy manner either. People have no idea what they have been able to achieve, and what's about to drop in the very near future. In my wildest dreams, what I imagined Shenmue III looking like, what we seen was on a totally different level. YSNET have been deliberately quiet since the summer of 2015, and as someone who prefers the less is more approach, I feel fully justified with that after what we were shown. It's insane, and I honestly cannot wait until the fans see it!!

Well dear Peter, we cannot wait to see it indeed!!

Thank you :heart:

You can subscribe to/purchase the Mega Visions issue #1 here:
http://www.megavisionsmag.com/
by Kiske
Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should Shenmue 3 make an appearance at PSX 2016, do you guys think it could also be the moment YsNet & Co. choose to bring the PC version in the Slacker Backer Campaign? Wouldn't it be the perfect time to revitalize the campaign, with Christmas coming on top of that?
It'd be cool if that was the case. Cedric keeps telling us to wait, and I don't think he's just stringing people along. He's usually very honest about stuff, even if he can't always tell us the details. Hopefully whatever roadblock they had preventing them getting it on there is gone.

I don't think Shenmue III will be at PSX. I just got a feeling we won't hear/see more until quite a while fro now.
From Cedric's own mouth we've been told the plan is to show Shenmue III off in December, so even if you don't think it'll be there at PSX I don't know why you think it'll be a long while until we see more.
by Spaghetti
Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playstation Experience - December 2016

I would have went had there been confirmation, it's not far from me, but have been told it's not looking likely. Hoping to be surprised though.

That's.... interesting.

Perhaps plans have changed since September who knows. Either way, none of us will know until it happens so until then we can just look at the event face value and assess the possibility of there something being shown at the event. Here's a list I can compile:

- Nothing whatsoever has been shown in 9 months.
- They already pulled out of E3 last minute, also rearranging the summer LA dinner as a result.
- We were shown a trailer in September, which was more or less ready to go that month as is, never mind with all the extra work put in. We were also extremely hinted at, that it was for PSX.
- The event itself will be in LA, where Yu will be at the same time. Last time he has at a public event like that was MAGIC, where new footage was revealed.
- PSX is more indie/3rd party based so it's the right event for Shenmue 3 to be showcased.
- SIED rep has stated that this year's event will be Japanese developer heavy.
- Yu is not confirmed for MAGIC 2017, so if he isn't attending that, what other public platform is on the horizon to show off Shenmue 3.
- December is the anniversary month for the Japanese and European release of Shenmue.

These are all the positive points to increase the positivity that Shenmue 3 will be at the event. But they don't garauntee it. If it doesn't get shown, I will be super disappointed, but it's not impossible that it wont be shown.
by Peter
Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I never thought I'd see the day that Sega would post about Shenmue lol My stomach went crazy when I spotted it:

by SheepheadCG
Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/802201635854368768

@CedricBiscay As a Shenmue fan, do you recommend me to tune in to the Playstation Experience '16 livestream? :D
@TangoGWfan hmmm today my answer is yes but we never know ;)

8)

I also got a reply, but the one above is certainly more direct.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/802201803307761664

@CedricBiscay I'm sure you're sick of these questions, but are the plans for a December re-reveal of Shenmue 3 still going smoothly? Thanks!
@SpaghettiNEOGAF we are doing our best as usual !
by Spaghetti
Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

French gaming website (Gameblog.fr) is jumping on the hype train:

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/64047-shenm ... e-l-indice
(the author of the article, Romain Mahut, is a Shenmue fan)
by Kiske
Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heh.

Touch of the cabin fever making tensions run high?
by Spaghetti
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep the girly hissy fits out of this topic please.
by Ziming
Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cedric retweeted Dojo about Ryo Birthday = more 10% in my hype train

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status ... 0742886400
by celsowm
Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep. No update seemingly is coming. Never thought I would be glad to not see an update.
by Peter
Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After the forklift incident from E3, there's not a hope in hell they would have been allowed to even hint at a PSX appearance.

Don't let the update deter you.
by Peter
Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #62: Yu Suzuki & The Music of Shenmue

Kintor wrote: Wow, Yu Suzuki knows how to play and write music as well? I had no idea. The man is just insanely talented.

He knows his morning drinking, too.

My man.
by InsanityIsCrazy
Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope you all feel horrible when Shenmue isn't at PSX. Cause it won't be. I mean i don't know anything for sure but come on, it's just not.
Is this a goof or are you being genuine here?

It's a bit of both. But let's just say I find it better to not be hyped and to be surprised at PSX than to be hyped and then be disappointed when it doesn't come to fruition.
you will be just as disappointed as we are except you can now take the credits that you claimed this all along and pretend you're not disappointed. seriously how old are you?
by drunkensailor
Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ziming wrote: Keep the girly hissy fits out of this topic please.

You will be pleased to know we have kissed and made up.
by iyapol
Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

This months UK Official Playstation Magazine comes with a 2017 calender. It was a nice surprise to see Shenmue as the December image.
by Peter
Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The lack of marketing for Shenmue since the original reveal does make me nervous. Feels strange to not have some nod to the project in e3 or now this when it was such a massive moment in gaming history that even non-shenmue fans are sure to remember.

I almost hope we don't get anything substantial from Monaco because the game needs visibility in gaming events that actually have an audience beyond us.

I know tensions are running high here but I do wanna say I think we should take a breath and find solace in that we can still look forward to a big reintroduction of the game at some point in the future and I'm sure that moment will usher in a homestretch to release with much more visibility for the project than we've had to this date.

Hang in there folks, we've been through a lot these past 16 years (literally never lost hope for shenmue news every single e3 in all that time like many of you). A few more months to a proper trailer/reintroduction won't kill us and stressing about things + turning negative only serves to make us miserable.

The fact that we're even getting Shenmue 3 is still a damn miracle and I'm gonna hold on to that in moments like this.
by Xandui
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A good night's sleep can work wonders.

Last night was disappointing. We can't deny that. It's been a very long year with little news and last night was an opportunity to demonstrate Shenmue on a big stage. It wasn't taken though, and there will be reasons as to why that happened, that we will never find out. So I can only plead not to chase your own tails around in circles. Maybe there's a standalone joint announcement coming, combined with HD remakes? Or maybe this game just isn't at a level where Suzuki-san doesn't want it to be seen quite yet on a public scale (even if my opinion differs).

Opinions are always welcome but these are all kneejerk reactions, and the excitement we didn't get to experience last night is still in the post. It's coming. Shenmue 3 is real, and look how quickly this year has went. One more year and we will be playing Shenmue 3. That's what you need to focus on.

Don't be listening to Cedric Biscay on Twitter. He isn't PR for YSNET and he shouldn't be blamed for anything you were expecting to happen, not happening. Yu is the boss, and if he changes his plans at any stage that's the way it is. The word "blame" shouldn't even be used at all, there's no major tragedy here. Shenmue 3 is in development right now, isn't that enough for you? If you want your Kickstarter money back because monthly updates are not to your satisfaction, or you are unhappy with any aspect other than the fact that Shenmue 3 is being made at all, then why did you give in the first place? Either way, to be blunt, that's your problem and go deal with it. They are working on a game we have waited for over 14 years, and it will be released as promised. End of story.

Going forward, if you are still over the top angry, then get a punching bag or take a walk. Go buy some Christmas presents and realise there are other things in life right now instead of refreshing Twitter for something loosely regarded as "news". Or don't, I am just trying to helput, but there's no result at the end of anger fuelled rants and answer seeking searches to a game that's 50% through development.
by Peter
Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Something else I'd like to bring up regarding assertions that YSnet have done/shown "nothing":

Let's take a look back at the development workflow from last December's KS update:

http://i.imgur.com/qzr60Hj.png

While we don't really know the full details, you can recognise that what we've seen through the KS updates this year has been related to the 'Function Testing' stage; effectively building the prototype and putting the pieces in place for the "Production" phase to tie everything together into a highly polished product.

You can go through pretty much all of the KS updates from last year through to the latest and tie them into the development flowchart. Of course we can't be shown the implementation of these in detail, because a.) potential spoilers, and b.) because it may be unrepresentative of the final game in one way or another.

If you are basing the game's progress on whether you see a wireframe Ryo walking around, early screenshots, or somebody goofing around modelling items in Maya or 3DS Max, then you are blind to the progress that has been unfolding before our very eyes all through the year.

Let's also look at the translated comments from the hiring leaflet Switch got for us:

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2016/10/shenmue-dev-team-expanding-leaflet.html#more

We are recruiting for team members to create Shenmue 3 with us.

Unreal Engine 4 has been adopted for the development in his project. In preparation for the full production phase scheduled next year , we are now revving up the engine.

2017 is going to be the year where Shenmue III moves out of prototype and is transformed into what will eventually become the finished product. Not seeing the game at PSX was a disappointment, but you can understand the decision when you go back and look at this chart and relate it to the KS updates from this year.

Nobody knows what the end of this month will bring, let alone January, February, March, etc of 2017, but we do know that moving into the Production phase of development gives them more room to show what they've got without it looking half-baked, full of placeholders, and incomplete.

I know asking for patience is a cliche at this point, but hopefully after you've all re-analysed what we've seen this year in the context of the chart like I have, you'll be willing to wait for a little while longer.
by Spaghetti
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What ~*May*~ Be Coming in December's Kickstarter Update

HYYYYYYYYYPE

Yu Suzuki retweeted the Ali's tweet (the one with Shenhua).

First time his twitter account is active since 7 months.

HYYYYYYYYYPE
by Yokosuka
Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

A familiar silhouette in front of the moon.

ImageImage
by Switch
Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe I'm blind and seeing through rose colored glasses but... Can anyone else see the "smell" of the color contrast Yu talked about before, if you catch my drift, beginning to take shape more fully? The sunset hues, the INCREDIBLY lush grass, the feeling of night time and evening in the "air" ? Yes, some of these shots are heavily edited to be sure. But if that's what they're AIMING for, I'm very happy with what I'm seeing personally.

I still don't think we'll see anything major until the footage is shown sometime next year personally (though I could be wrong, as always I try to keep my hopes minimal and to not get hyped.)

But you know... we clamor for an update, and then in the space of a few days we find out new footage may be shown early next year and then get an update saying they're moving forward with more practical tests and preparing for actual content development, and ... everyone's like, "Meh this isn't what we wanted." That's everyone's prerogative, but this made me really happy after a really crappy day yesterday, so I'm choosing to be joyful rather than pessimistic personally. :) To each their own reaction.
by Anonymous81
Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think this looks great. I feel alone but it complete fixes all of my complaints from last week and I'm liking the direction they're taking the game.
by Himuro
Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had to take some time off the past week because of the negativity that goes on around here, from a few members in particular. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Yesterday we got an awesome update, ok there was a bit of photoshop business going on, but big deal. We got new images, we learned this man is living day and night in the office to make sure we have the best Shenmue 3 possible, and finally that for a change, Awesome Japan are on the ball with lining up surveys for the organisation of rewards in around 6-7 months time! How awesome is that!

Now I've just read through 14 pages of general optimism, and rightfully so, except for Yokosuka and Rikitatsu. Literally, just constant whining and picking the tiniest if holes with no substantial proof of what's going on in YSNET. Now all of a sudden, there's a mystery "source" which was private but now Yokosuka is also aware of (coincidence no?).

Either way, I don't care, but here's the bottom line right now: we value every member that comes here, and encourage all opinions for the series. But for the past year at least, I've had to sit and read various criticisms and put downs of the team and the game, constant negativity at almost EVERYTHING they do. It's due to this that I've had contact from various members throughout the community, old members from here as well as people who haven't signed up yet but refuse to because of the negativity that's spread here, and that's where I am drawing the line. I'm not having this place become a comfort zone for your negativity. So, in plain English, if you want to micro analyse this series with a raincloud over your heads, take yourself somewhere else and do it. Register http://www.negativeshenmuefans.com and moan about life there. See that sign above the door? It says Shenmue Dojo, a place for FANS of the series to chat and immerse themselves in the greatness that the series is. You don't post here daily, spurting negativity with zero balance to the positives of the series, and I've barely seen it, if anything over the past year.

Enough is enough, so from here on out, that's the end of it. If you don't like it, there's the door over there. Don't let it hit you on the way out.
by Peter
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally, I consider the PSX debate closed.

It has been a small disappointement. For a few hours.

Then I remembered what you and LanDC said about the KS dinner.
I remembered what Payton said about Yu sleeping in the office.
I remembered what Yu San achieved in his amazing career.
Then came the Famitsu article and Suzuki San mini-interview ("Early in the new year, I think we’ll be able to show you things such as new videos.") and last but not least, yesterday's update with new screenshots (WIP screenshots) and the latest official comments from Yu itself.

There is no way I'll lose my faith in this project, but that said, Shenmue Dojo was the last place I was thinking about as a place for scaremongering.
by Kiske
Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So now there are some hidden info floating around and they are disheartening? Given the course of the general discussion here, I take it to be either some kind of delay for the project, or Yu keeping the UE4 look for the game that some seem to abhor. The prior issue is is within expectations as it happens to any game project, big or small, Kickstarter or not. While the latter is simply BS. Please show me one picture or video of a game that would make a better looking Shenmue 3 than those screenshots Ysnet gave us!

Actually don't, because you know what? It will not be the Shenmue 3 look, simply because it's not what Yu, THE CREATOR AND DIRECTOR, chose it to be. If people are going to continue to bash the project on the basis of the current art direction Yu is aiming for, let's just do a favour to ourselves and make a petition to overthrow Yu from the project and elect someone from Dojo (hopefully an expert who understands the Shenmue "feel and smell" better than the creator himself) as the new director. That SURELY would make THE Shenmue 3 fans were really claiming for after 15 years or so LOL.
by sand4fish
Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just don't get the complaints. The art in the first pic is stunning.

The battle area shows the most potential.

The last pic has that every day Shenmue feel.

All these pics represent the core three pillars of Shenmue: exploration/immersion, battle, and every day part of life mixed in a bottle. These pics feel very Shenmue to me. Yokosuka complains about bump mapping, but I'm sorry, that screen is highly atmospheric. Imagine being in that city at night with music playing.

I don't get it.

Also, for the amount of bitching I made last week, at least it made sense. I didn't like the quiet from the developer on the status of the game. As soon as they dropped the silence and gave us an update on the development status I was satisfied. But Rikitatsu and Yokosuka are worried about some rumor or something some unknown source and lack of bump mapping. I feel like if you're gonna bitch at least bitch about something reasonable.
by Himuro
Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ($29-50towards10million)

Karimov wrote: Guys just to introduce. im waves on ks campaign....

Oh for fuck sakes...
by Peter
Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(source)

I really, really want to play this game !
by celsowm
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

Just some things I heard whilst in Japan that add to the logic of it all. No, that is not me saying I was told Shenmue HD will be announced.

It's logical if Sony want to make money from the franchise, that they would throw a few million for a studio to remaster them. They want to make money at the end of the day. So do YSNET and so to do Sega. Even if they are not remasters, the original 2 games will be released in some capacity, I have no doubts.
by Peter
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

No question about it.
by Peter
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue 3 pipol

Okay let's get these facts straight:

-Makes posts about how Yu Suzuki is sitting around drinking wine all the time

-Types like he's drunk

-Seems like english is his second language

-Constantly posting on the kickstarter

-Insists with certainty that Yu Suzuki is wasting the money on wine

I've figured it out, guys. Karimov wanted to play Shenmue 3 so badly that he used intensive psychotherapy to trick himself into thinking that he was Yu Suzuki, so that he could try to create Shenmue 3 himself. Instead, somewhere along the way, the psychotherapy treatments when wrong, and now all he does is drink California wine and post nonsensical, poorly constructed drivel on forums and kickstarter comments.
by SlySpy
Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

So I've got some funds after my mother passed away so I transfered alot of it on my savings account.
Then I thought "you know, after a really shitty christmas i'm gonna treat myself." So I bought a new phone (because my current has deteriated performance) and well I still had 400 bucks leftover.
Then I thought:" mm might as well support shenmue 3 again and get me that trial version." so I ordered it.
So with 300 to spare I trained my eye on the Nintendo switch when it comes out next year, welp never mind that because I got the signed edition of shenmue 3 too. You know what? I feel alot better now!
Ps:
I didn't forget the dojo and what you guy's have given me so expect some periodic donations aswell.
by Coromasta
Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue 3 pipol

Karimov
Banned
by Spaghetti
Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you still hyped?

My body is ready. I dont even have a PS4 but I am going to buy one specifically for shenmue 3
by PunisherSpirit
Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

He's a slightly better troll wannabe than SMDZero, but he's still full of cock.
by Peter
Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: we need a real update

ofcourse. i want the game to be like shenmue 2 if not better. but the absence of updates is a big problem. do you acknowledge that?
If you want the game to be the best it can be, surely you can recognise that it's better to allow the development team to keep their heads down working rather than prepping large updates on unfinished materials that will get trashed anyway because of being unfinished?

The Kickstarter updates should not be an attempt to play to a hungry audience. That is what the game is for. When the time is ready to pull back the curtain, they will do so.

They already keep a better update record than many other crowdfunding projects who have had no set update pattern and will go silent at a moment's notice.
by Spaghetti
Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

Spaghetti wrote: C'mon Karim. We know it's you.

Course it is. Should have told me to log in sooner. Fuckin fruitloop.
by Peter
Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

Fucking Pokemon?? Know where the loyalty lies there you mudblood.

Thanks to Jibby, Spaghetti, James Brown, Mr357, Switch and everyone who helps and tunes in every week. Can't believe we have been at this for 10 weeks. Insane how it's bringing us closer and closer to Shenmue.
by Peter
Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I contacted YS Net on Kickstarter

You don't get it do you.

All you post here is about "how I have contacted YSNET...". I wouldn't expect them to have an update at the end of this month either with all the replying they have to do you.

Maybe leave them alone? Let them work on the damn thing? That's an option.
by Peter
Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll be worried (for a December release date) if we don't get any substantial update by the end of June 2017.

As for the actual situation, just read (maybe several times) what Suzuki San said in the last "progress update":

“I have been absorbed in developing the game and I stay in the studio all night time to time. My life is all about Shenmue day and night.”-Yu Suzuki

They are hard at work right now. This is the only reason we don't get updates. That also means that they are doing everything that is humanly possible to create the best Shenmue 3 they can.

We have waited for over a decade to get Shenmue 3. Yu Suzuki waited for over a decade to get the opportunity to make Shenmue 3. I have faith. He won't disappoint us, even if we have to wait a little longer to get out of this cave.
by Kiske
Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or they could just smack us all in the face with actual early gameplay footage for the first time out of nowhere. :lol
by Anonymous81
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic