Search found 77 matches

Return

Re: How the media is handling the updates on Shenmue 3 so fa

In spanish sites in general they say the screenshots looks amazing, lots of improves and so. We could say it's been an success!
by Hazuki00
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

I can't believe this situation...Do you guys forget that making a game is VERY different than creating an scene with Unreal 4? Do you forget that Nokon Kid is onboard? Nokon was able to recreate almost all places from Shenmue 1 all alone, with passport's model of Ryo.
The graphics part is thelast one, they first create the rutines, I.A of NPCs, collisions, mocaps...a lot of HARD WORK before polishing graphics. In most works I've seen made in U4 by amateurs they don't have to control enemies, NPCs, game routines...only show a beautiful scene, but just this, a scene.

It's imposible they have problems with creating graphics when Nokon Kid alone could do it.

You have to be more patience, I'm sure next year we'll all be amazed with the improve they'll do.
by Hazuki00
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Wow! Great discover Spag! I asume half of the image has placeholders and its purpose is to show the concept idea they'll polish later. So that's why I don't understand people complaining about this...
by Hazuki00
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What kind of minigames do you think will be in this game

Kiske wrote: I guess arcades are out of the picture right?

Maybe in Chobu? It's not as big as Kowloon but it could have some arcades?
by Hazuki00
Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iwao Hazuki's China Visit Diagram

Thanks Switch! A lot of work as always! =D>
by Hazuki00
Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Guilin photo by Nick Page.

This place is gorgeous :heart:

Hopefully, one day I'll have the opportunity to visit Guilin.
Maybe as my gamer "Holy Pilgrimage", when the Shenmue Series will be completed. :king:

https://youtu.be/xB9u6vrPp6A
You live in Switzerland, that's not too far from heaven...
by Hazuki00
Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Knowing how perfectionist Suzuki is, I have no doubt Ryo Will look just how we imagine.

If you remember Ryo's model before Shenmue 1 launch, they improved it even months before release the game.

I have faith in Yu and his team, they will make a good job.
by Hazuki00
Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's clothes look too tight

I love reading Peter's replies, it makes me hyped!

More than 15 years have passed, so technology has improved and because of that, Shenmue 3 can't have the same exact feeling and visual style than before. However I'm really impress that even in this early stage of development you can see they managed to capture the Shenmue feel, colors, light...

I'm sure we'll get a Shenmue with today's technology.
by Hazuki00
Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Maybe you guys are forgetting that only one person did an excellent job making Ryo in a short period of time. This person is nokon kids and he is now working with Suzuki team, can you imagine what they can do all together? How couldn't they do a good job with more people,knowledge and budget? No way! I am too confident in this team, they'll blow everybody away when they show their first trailer for sure.

Be patient and trust in Yu.

They only show us dated material, Suzuki has always been very secretive with his work.
by Hazuki00
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because I know Yu likes to innovate I trust him. It's just I'm used to the old system and I'm afraid it gets a bit simple.

I love the new idea of using the scenary to beat the enemies or void them, it makes it a bit more strategic.

Beautiful gif by the way! :)
by Hazuki00
Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

Speaking of delays, I have just read in Twitter some user asking Cedric if Shenmue 3 is still set for release in december and he confirmed it again.

:)
by Hazuki00
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

I've been re reading the Kickstarter page and rewatching vídeos they put in every Kickstarter update. Oh, and seeing one time and another every picture they released about Shenmue 3. The wait until E3 it's going to be very hard! I'm eager to see some new pictures and vídeo, some days are harder than others and today is one of those days that you can not stop to try to obtain new info about the development of Shenmue 3! [-(
by Hazuki00
Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Poll: vote for Shenmue!

Thanks as always for your hard work!
by Hazuki00
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

This thread is for ideas. ShenGCH had the idea of a massive card that is signed by various Shenmue fans around the world. I had the idea of giving the team a fruit basket.

I think both are great ideas, but I'd prefer the card signed with some words thanking them for their hard work and giving us the opportunity to see the adventures of Ryo again.

I'd gladly participate :D
by Hazuki00
Tue May 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

I'd say you have all of Okayasu-sans company helping (in a hush hush capacity due to it being his own studio and that would muddy the waters in terms of finances etc), but don't forget there are also 2 YSNET studios working on Shenmue 3. You have the Ebisu studio which I don't know the layout and figures for. I was surprised that's where the package that RyoHD got his package from to be honest. Then there's the Gotanda studio. That's the one we have seen in the Kickstarter videos. There's about 16-24 developers in there I'd say. That's not including management.

And thank you for the kind words guys. It's always very appreciated. But you know me, and it's really no trouble and also not a lot of work. Anyone could have done it.
It doesn't sound a very small team for me, and if they were able to contract some more, it could be an important number.

Your welcome Peter! I think shenmue community it's one of the best, It seems that the teachings of the 4 wudes have taken effect in all of us :)
by Hazuki00
Tue May 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can't compare these two games, they are made by different estudios, as you have said IgA had Many problems and lost lot of time with wiiu and swich versions.
Suzuki has the advantage that the history and many other things are actually done since Dreamcast era, has some finantial support from shibuya and many masters from the Am2 team are on board which helps a lot.

And the last but not the least, even today they are saying that everything it's going fine to meet the release date.
by Hazuki00
Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: Take from it what you will, but Shenmue 3 was at a rough 25% completion mark in September 2016.

On that note, catch you in the streams. Enjoy E3 8)

If the progress is secuential, based on what you said, they need at least two more years to finish the game??
by Hazuki00
Tue May 23, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Until now Cedric and Suzuki have said that they are on schedule so I don't have any reason to think the contrary.
by Hazuki00
Fri May 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

At first sight the character looked a bit cartoon but there were a lot of characters in Shenmue 1 and 2 that looked cartoon as well.
The model is very detailed, highly polygoned and animation looks very smooth. They still have to add animation to his hair and the rest of the body but looks promising!

If a supposedly secondary character looks like this, I think the new Ryo will be amazing for sure.

On the other hand, I'm dissapointed they won't show a trailer at E3. This almost confirms a delay of december release date and, above all, this game HAS to be promoted correctly if we want Shenmue 4 to be made, so skipping E3 it isn't the best decision, unless they delay it until next E3.
by Hazuki00
Mon May 29, 2017 4:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure where I read it, maybe in here some folk said that the date in the video where the model is showed reads '12/01/17' or something like this, so this means they are way too advanced than we think. As I always think, they are showing us dated material just to not unveil anything.
by Hazuki00
Tue May 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, they can record the video on that date but this doesn't mean that the work they are showing is up to date.
I don't really see what the point of obfuscating that stuff is. It's better taken at face value.
The point is, we may think they won't get to december release based on this dated material and the truth is that they might release the game at the estimated dated because they are advanced in the development.

I have sometimes a hard time explaining myself because english is not my native language but I hope I could explaining myself #-o
by Hazuki00
Tue May 30, 2017 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In my opinion, the modeling of this new character is incredible, much better than the last version of Ryo that we saw in March. Which makes me think that when they show the definitive model of Ryo will impress us.

This character has an incredible amount of detail, far superior to the Shenmue passport. And all this still unfinished and without animations. The artist who is doing this really knows what he is doing.

You may or may not like the style of the character, but you can not deny what a good job. I really want to see characters like Ren or Xiuying.

On the other hand, if they definitely delay the game, I hope they show a video that leaves us with our mouths open and with a bit of luck we can have the demo this year.
by Hazuki00
Wed May 31, 2017 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's face

Thanks for liking it!!! But I hope they com up with something WAY better and less amateurish than my work, anyway working on the next tweetaton!!!
http://i.imgur.com/aHFER5n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GkeDKnd.jpg
Amazing work! I love it!
I hope Ryo will look similar to yours!
by Hazuki00
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

After the E3 no show confirmation, the decision to delay the game came as a "relief" for me. At least we can assume the team is really working hard to bring a bigger and better game, expanding the idea of Suzuki-san, and as result... no E3 this year.

The only thing that scarys me is the "posture" of Suzuki san in these video. He seemed a bit nervous like, no smiles... no confidence in his words... this brought me the ideia o him announcing another "estimate" date for release just to calm down people. Like he was on pressure to give a final release date for most angry fans, avoiding backers to ask for a cash-back in the kickstarter.

May be paranoia... certainly is.

Knowing how Suzuki is, maybe he is a bit uncomfortable "letting us down" with a delay. He doesn't like that idea and because of that, he seems uncomfortable.
by Hazuki00
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Closed] Submit your question for Eric Kelso interview

Thanks a lot Switch! It's amazing hearing "them" again after all these years!
by Hazuki00
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #70: Gamescom 2017 Update #1

I understand it's an event only for press but they clearly say everything showed in there will be made public in press sites.
Besides, in June update they said they will show the latest clips and info so it is pretty clear for me!
by Hazuki00
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

I foresee a huge increase of money after the gamescom if they show some clips or a trailer with the updated material.
by Hazuki00
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Interview with Yu Suzuki @ GamesCom

Thanks again Switch!

Sounds like we'll have something big when we finally be able to play the game. Sounds very ambitious everything he is telling and I like the idea of the recalls that will have Ryo.

I'm always confident in the master Suzuki.
by Hazuki00
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

Ren and Chai spotted at left of the pic!

by Hazuki00
Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

An spanish website will put a full interview with Suzuki, but at the moment, they have a few highlights:

"I'm afraid of not meeting expectations". "Not only do we have a budget and a limited team, but nostalgia is a dangerous factor. People can remember the game much prettier or better than it actually was."

- Suzuki wants to make Shenmue 4 after Shenmue 3.
- The scope of Shenmue 3 will be similar to Shenmue 2.
- The game will be oriented a bit more to adventure instead of more action.
- About 30h of gameplay.

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/1350695945/suzuki-sobre-shenmue-iii-la-nostalgia-es-peligrosa/

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/1350695878/yu-suzuki-los-personajes-del-teaser-de-shenmue-iii-son-provisionales/
by Hazuki00
Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VG 24/7 interview with Yu

Probably one of the most concise interview of the bunch we've had. out of gamescom.

It tells us that the animation stuff was just bad timing/luck for releasing the teaser, and that YS seems a little bit worried about the budget. Also not really knowing how much financial support will get from DS even if he already put some work into expanding some stuff. Kinda weird he didn't want to tell how many people are working, but I guess he has his reasons.

It eases me the feeling that lest me this video I found last night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6FLUDb6H4s
Pretty much says that the were kinda dissapointed, and says that YS told him "it's all we can do".

To me this was all clickbait, in reality they don't say anything interesting.
by Hazuki00
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gameblog interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

Thanks Yokosuka!

"YS: I'm currently thinking about the best way to design the demo, in order to show the game to the players. But I'm still unable to tell you when it will be available... It will be soon!"

Very soon without to have started to create it sounds too optimistic for me but I'm eager to try it!
by Hazuki00
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo interview with Yu Suzuki (Gamescom 2017)

Thank you so much for the interview Peter!
by Hazuki00
Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going to buy several copies of Shenmue 3 for my family and friends, what I don't know is when to buy them. Is it better to buy them when they release the game or now? I want to help in the success of the game so I don't know what would impact more.. :-k
by Hazuki00
Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd speculate that, following the Deep Silver deal, those few additional $29/$60 donations aren't really needed for boosting development, so you'll probably accomplish more for the game by purchasing through conventional channels on release, thereby contributing to official sales figures that will help determine the future of the series.

That's what I want to do! We must do everything that's in our hands for this saga to end as planned.
by Hazuki00
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets Talk Shenmue HD

I've just seen in twitter this post:
https://twitter.com/shenmuelegend/statu ... 4952253440

And this one
https://twitter.com/shenmuelegend/statu ... 5042560005

I thought It'd be interesting to share with you all :-)
by Hazuki00
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #77: New Character & Lakshya Digital

Nice new character! It seems that this team have worked in big projects as Uncharted 2 and Just cause 3 among others, good news!
by Hazuki00
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki will be at Magic Monaco 2018

You are asuming things based on what you have seen, but we really don't know the real progress of the development, they only show what they want and we know Suzuki tends to be secretive on development progress.

Knowing that Suzuki will be at Magic leads me to think this is the last magic monaco for Shenmue 3.
by Hazuki00
Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today Cedric had tweeted that this will be the year of the shenmue 3 release, so I thinks a few months before we could have the demo.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 6040029184
by Hazuki00
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN Interviewed Cedric Biscay about Shenmue

Thank you very much for the translation! Hardworking as always!
by Hazuki00
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

It amazes me the attention to detail that they have put in everything, it oozes that 90's Sega feeling every game had. It's a handcrafted work.
by Hazuki00
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2018: Can Shenmue III afford to miss this year?

Don't forget that Cedric has been playing the last build, that means there's mechanics beside background and npcs
by Hazuki00
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic