Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Shenmue I & II 16:9 & Black Bars Auto Fixer - Updated

Hello everyone.
My name is William and in first place would like to thank your work. To play Shenmue 1 and 2 in HD and Widescreen is priceless.

Second.
Searching on the subject I found on some website and forum that it is possible to play many dreamcast games on Demul in Widescreen with Codebreaks however is very labor intensive and require a good knowledge with CheatEngine or use of a Gameshark CD or something like that to activate the codes.

Seeing this tool you created i could not stop thinking that this is the final and most accessible way for most lay people can play Dreamcast games in Widescreen.

I know this tool you have created is a "Trainer" and that was probably done with CheatEngine.

My idea was to create a Trainer for every Dreamcast game that possesses a widescreen code in that site:

https://segaretro.org/List_of_Dreamcast_widescreen_codes.

However after two days searching i cannot figure out how to build a trainer for this emulator. Most tutorials I've seen work for games but not for the emulator.

The most closest I could to do was to create a Cheat Engine Table (.CT) with the value of widescreen on a list dropdown.

Here is an example with the game Star Wars Racer:

Star Wars Racer Wide.CT
----------------------------------------------------------
<CheatTable CheatEngineTableVersion="19">
<CheatEntries>
<CheatEntry>
<ID>0</ID>
<Description>"Star Wars Racer"</Description>
<DropDownList DescriptionOnly="1" DisplayValueAsItem="1">3F800000:Letterbox
3F400000:Widescreen
</DropDownList>
<LastState Value="3F400000" Activated="1" RealAddress="2C17AE20"/>
<ShowAsHex>1</ShowAsHex>
<Color>80000008</Color>
<VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
<Address>2C17AE20</Address>
</CheatEntry>
</CheatEntries>
<UserdefinedSymbols/>
</CheatTable>
----------------------------------------------------------

When i Double-click on this file "Star Wars Racer Wide.CT"
The CheatEngine open with the loaded address and the default value of the game (3F800000) will be shown as "Letterbox" by double clicking it will show the Widescreen option and selecting it and clicking OK the game switches to widescreen

This already saves a lot of work.
More what I really wanted is to turn this Table into a Trainer for the person without knowledge of CheatEnginer could change the display format of their games with just one click in a button.

Did any of you could tell me how did you compiled this treiner of Shenmue?

How can I do to transform my Table in a treiner like you?

I would greatly appreciate it.
by willjay
Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic