Search found 39 matches

Return

New Year's Greetings from YS Net

A short New Year's message from Yu Suzuki & the Shenmue III team has appeared on the official website:

New Year’s Greetings Everyone!

We hope you are having a holiday season. The development of Shenmue III has stepped into its second year, and our team is in high spirits.

Without your support, we would have not been able to make it this far. We thank you again for all you have done to make Shenmue III a reality.

We look forward to continuing our journey with you in 2017, and wish you a wonderful year ahead.

From Yu Suzuki and the Shenmue III Team

http://i.imgur.com/5sxVsPy.gif

I've also made a blog post looking at some of the Japanese cultural details displayed in the illustration:

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/01/new-years-greetings-from-yu-suzuki-team.html
by Switch
Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Expectations for Shenmue and 2017?

So, I asked Cedric if we might see new screens at the MAGIC press conference on Jan 12th:

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/816059097720168448

Regarding your question, No comments as long as I don't have something concrete in my own hands ;)

Seems a wise and responsible approach to take in light of PSX - so we shouldn't expect anything.

It doesn't seem like Yu is attending MAGIC this year either, unless he's a last minute guest. I remember seeing Cedric say Shenmue III would be there in some form, however. We'll see how that develops.
by Spaghetti
Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When do you think we will see in this month's update

They said they would be going over the minigames and stuff this year before the game comes out!
Definitely could be something we see this month. After all, they did tease the forklift mini-game in December.

But it really depends on what's in an advanced state of development and what isn't, and how they've planned on revealing this stuff to us. They could start small with mini-games before working up to larger features like combat and FREE Quest, or they could do the reverse and give us a gameplay blow-out on the core systems, and later show off stuff like mini-games.

To me, the most exciting thing about the updates this year is how that stuff is totally up in the air. Definitely makes the anticipation at the end of each month much sweeter.

Regardless of what we do/don't see though, as Peter reminded us all last night in the Undub stream; more work has been done than any of us have seen so far, so there's definitely some long-term strategy at play with how information is trickling out.
by Spaghetti
Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When do you think we will see in this month's update

Leaving it late, aren't they?
Not particularly. Last day of the month is kind of the established regular pattern, besides when public holidays/weekends get in the way.

There was no update last year. Could be the same again.
Ah, but we did get a January update last year, even if it came early in the month. It was the "Happy New Year!" update with the PayPal poll results (ugh). This year's Happy New Year message was relegated only to the website, and furthermore had its assets loaded into the same folder as both December's updates on the you know where .

There's an empty folder waiting for January 2017. While these are automatically generated (for some reason), as of right now we've never seen them miss using a folder.

But we're definitely getting something this month as khmlight3 has found out, rendering my above theorising pointless. Made you look, though!
by Spaghetti
Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

So I messaged YS Net today and asked them if a update would be coming out on February 3rd and they said we can not confirm? So maybe?
I wouldn't put too much faith in that reply right now.

They can't say no outright in case something does come down the pipe, but they can't say yes because they have nothing ready. It's another non-answer, unfortunately.

We're just going to have to tough it out for another three and a bit weeks.
by Spaghetti
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

[...] I saw *this italian article yesterday night and they were talking about declining funding numbers.
* http://snip.ly/t4rkj?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#http://www.videogiocare.it/shenmue-3-punto-della-situazione/

I was wondering what they have been smoking but now I suspect them to have reached the slacker backer page through the Kickstarter link.
(yes, they are insignificant, but I can already smell some "innocent" clickbait article from more important medias)

:D They also misspelled "capitanato" (headed) with "capitano" (head) regarding Suzuki and Ys Net. They should check their facts and grammar first! :D
by John Doom
Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I contacted YS Net on Kickstarter

There's only so far you can go with answers when asking Awesome Japan via the Kickstarter.

We've gotten insight from them before on some stuff (surveys, December update details), but they only really know what YSnet lets them know. If they can't confirm, they probably haven't received any materials from the developers, or they just don't want to say either way. AJ have given contradictory answers about an update this month, so it's probably just going to be a case of wait and see.
by Spaghetti
Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And they said development on Shenmue III is still going strong and they said they cant confirm if there will be a update at the end of the month. Im sure there will be though. What are your guys thoughts?
:-k I wonder if not confirming is their PR-way to say there are no major updates planned for this month. In any case, that's ok with me.

You don't get it do you.

All you post here is about "how I have contacted YSNET...". I wouldn't expect them to have an update at the end of this month either with all the replying they have to do you.

Maybe leave them alone? Let them work on the damn thing? That's an option.
I'm sure they can both work on SIII and reply questions without problems: that's what PR is made for :)
by John Doom
Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Totally agree we shouldn't pester them and that they'll let us know when there's something to share and that there's little point it continually asking them the same question.

However, while I love and respect everyone here yourself included Peter... I don't agree with being pointlessly hostile to someone who, while perhaps misguided, was well intentioned and trying to help by sharing (albeit naive to its irrelevance) what they heard. Or with telling them to "toughen up" when they rightfully say that was too harsh. It was. "Toughen up" or "cry moar" or what have you, is what everyone being unnecessarily hostile always says online.

If you think that's too "soft" or "untough" because it should be permissible to act that way toward good intentioned people... okay, that's your prerogative. But if that's the case, then it's also others' prerogative to say how about you just refrain from being that way to people to start with? Especially when it seems likely the person in question is probably on the young, or at least somewhat naive/uninformed, side.

Sorry, I just don't brook that kind of treatment of anyone. I don't care who you are or how much longer you've been here, or what people think of me for saying it. It's not necessary, it's not helpful, and it's not in the spirit of this game or this community imo.

I'll likely be flagellated for this (or simply shut down,) but so be it.
by Anonymous81
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ricedigital.co.uk: Shenmue I&II HD in 2017, SIII maybe 2

I like what you said about the development going strong and the release date is still set for December 2017 :D
by adom11800
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

khmlight3 wrote:During the summer we should get a lot of Shenmue III news i think.

Yeah. If what Joel at Awesome Japan said pans out about backer surveys/pledge upgrades, then the Summer is probably when we get an info dump/new release window/release date.

And yes, I'll update the Giant Bomb page.
by Spaghetti
Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only 8 months until release and we still have not seen ryos final face or any new version of his face after e3 ( not counting the photshoped face on a few screenshots). I am 100 % sure the game we be delayed! I think by the end of 2018.

We should hope they will release the game in first place instead of hoping it will be released in 8 months. Thats my only concern.
I don't get the focus on Ryo's face as a barometer for when the game might launch.

Shenmue III hasn't been at a big press event since the Kickstarter, so there's been no real need to rush the assets to near final for the sake of looking pretty. YSnet have clearly been working on it, and are likely going through a process of tweaking and reviewing that you don't see with other games thanks to the smoke and mirrors approach to announcements and reveals.

They'll show it when they're ready.
by Spaghetti
Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes, especially regarding Shenmue 1 & 2 HD. In my opinion, anything we say about the release date is just based on speculation. If S3 gets released in December, as announced, I'm very confident YS Net know what they're doing and will give us a finished, polished, great game. If it gets delayed, it gets delayed.

I don't see a very long delay happening, however. Time is money and YS Net sure don't have the money to stretch the development cycle for an extra year or whatever. They may be able to delay it for a few months but not for a year or more.
by Hyo Razuki
Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone here like Dragon Quest?

I fucking LOVE Dragon Quest.
by Himuro
Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on Steam?

Direct port of the games (just upscaled) would harm the franchise more than doing nothing

Shenmue deserves the Yakuza Kiwami treatment.
by Esppiral
Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 and 2 HD on Steam?

Jurgen Post (SEGA Europe COO), last year on the subject of Shenmue HD: "If we are to do it, we'd want to do a fantastic conversion to the current platforms".

It's not just coming to PC.
by Spaghetti
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #66 - Yu-san on story-building

Also, the fact that they're working on Saturdays tells me that they're still trying really hard to make December.
This is why I think, for now, December is still possible. I guess the logic at YSnet is that if they continue to haul ass and don't hit any major development problems, then they'll make it on time.

I think this may have been why the game was in prototype for over a year. They did a lot of heavy lifting in terms of demoing mechanics and locking down design goals while they had time on their side. Obviously that doesn't mean they finalised anything, but half the battle of game design seems to be knowing what you want, and knowing how to achieve it. That could be why Yu thinks it's possible to finish the game this year.

I guess an analogy of what I'm saying could be that it takes less time to get from A to B if you plan your journey ahead of time.
by Spaghetti
Mon May 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #66 - Yu-san on story-building

Did they say see you next month in the last update? I feel like they normally say that. They've got to have an update after E3 anyways, after Shenmue 1 and 2 HD and 3 trailer is shown off obviously right \:D/ ?

Right :mrgreen:
...There must be an update after the reveal trailer and Shenmue HD announcement! [-o<

PS. Yes, they said "See you next month!" in the update #65.
Since the videos were filmed on Saturday April 15th, I feel like they probably had intended to post it last week but didn't get around to it until this morning.

Also, the fact that they're working on Saturdays tells me that they're still trying really hard to make December.
by Sappharad
Mon May 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 demo

I think there's pretty much a zero percent chance of the game hitting its estimated release date. I believe that the last KS update said that the game was still in the R&D stage? I'm not an expert on game development by any means but a 12 month turnaround seems way too ambitious. I feel like Summer 2018 is probably the best case scenario for the game to be released, and Holiday 2018 is probably the most realistic expectation.

Anyway, I can't help but wonder if they'll end up cancelling the demo and cite the resources needed to release the game sooner as an excuse. From what I understand, demos are a lot more work than you would think, and if they're feeling pressured about delaying the game that would be an obvious thing to cut. There will be some pushback on the decision since they listed it as a KS bonus but I think it would be a smart move.

I just reread my post and I know it seems like I'm being kind of negative but I really don't mean to come off that way.
this game will 99% hit december releasedate. they are already very far in development as was confirmed in one of the updates. if one thing they are actually ahead of schedule thanks to the easy to work with unreal engine
by drunkensailor
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 demo

Snakiest wrote: I believe the demo was intended as a way to collect feedback and make the game better at first, but something is telling me Yu has it all under control and we are more likely to see a proper demo for PR purposes closer to the release date.

I agree. I think shenmue 3 will blow us away
by drunkensailor
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Pool be back in Shenmue III?

Hm...

Would a run down pool hall realistically be in rural China? Probably not. The reason it exists in the original is likely out of the American cultural influence on Yokosuka.
by Spaghetti
Wed May 03, 2017 1:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 due to ship along side Super Mario Odysee a wo

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: You telling me shenmue 3 will be shipped in 5-6 months? :mrgreen: ...no way. I am 100% sure it will be delayed.

Maybe E3 will surprise us.
by shredingskin
Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

https://youtu.be/kLtZXu8eGZ4

Vanquish releasing on May 25th. Hopefully this trend of monthly ports continues, and that we see the samurai boy from Japan next month...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

My dreams/bet:

- June: Shenmue 1
- July: Shenmue 2
- August: Skies of Acardia
- September: Resonance of Fate
- October: Virtua Fighter 5
- November: Anarchy Reigns
- December: Jet Set Radio Future
I think Shenmue I and II HD will release together.
Agreed, I don't want to sound spoiled or anything but I just hope that it'll hit consoles too :D And physical releases would be awesome too if possible!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
by FlagshipFighter
Wed May 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 confirmed not coming out this year.

Not only is it that account that's "claimed" to have Shenmue 3 footage, but also spreading bullshit like this, but the image used for the video is from a seller on eBay that was selling "pre-order" copies of Shenmue 3 with Google'd images from China being used as ingame images too, so probably the same person.

Either way, banned and locked.
by Peter
Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another thread up on GAF with Sega commenting on their plan of revitalizing old IPs this year.

Assuming they aren't bullshitting, it lends credence to Shenmue HD being a real thing once more.
by Valascaziel
Sun May 14, 2017 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does anyone think Sly 5 will get announced at E3 2017?

He's joking. But this probably didn't need its own topic, since most people here, myself included, likely haven't even played one Sly game—let alone enough to be excited for a fifth. This probably would have fit nicely into the random gaming thoughts thread though.
by Thief
Sun May 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It makes no sense to not have HD remasters. Sega could literally just hire a small team to create the port. It's a guaranteed profit for them, there is no question about it.

They are completely incompetent... the fact HD releases haven't happened yet is utterly egregious.
by ShenmueForeseen
Wed May 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Physical Collector's Edition?

I don't want Limited Run Games doing them Sega can pulish Shenmue I and II HD and YS Net will publish Shenmue III YS Net confirmed that Shenmue III is coming to retail so thats good news! I prefer retail more then Limited Run Games!

.... Limited run being the collector's edition. The physical release would continue in retail the same time frame as any other release.
by Telekill
Fri May 26, 2017 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Until now Cedric and Suzuki have said that they are on schedule so I don't have any reason to think the contrary.
by Hazuki00
Fri May 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III does have the advantage of having had a lot of pre-production work done prior to its current development period. I'm not sure if it's possible to quantify how much time that counts for in the overall process of bringing forth the completed game, but my impression is that it's a significant amount.
by Centrale
Fri May 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue 3 Suck?

Short answer: Nah.

Long answer: Nah, but it's impossible to please everybody so there will inevitably be people who say it does suck. It'll be business as usual for people who actively dislike the series anyway, so whatever.
by Spaghetti
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If a Shenmue Life Spinoff gets announced!

I'd buy it.

A big part of Shenmue's appeal is in presenting a world that people want to live in, with a local community that actually feels like home to the player. That could definitely be expanded upon with a separate game that branched into a more Animal Crossing or Second Life style of gameplay.

It would need the right marketing to appeal to those crowds and not just a subset of the Shenmue fan base though.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The possibility of HD Saves carrying over to Shenmue III

It would be amazing if Shenmue 3 would at the least maybe just do a check of your hdd for the Shenmue 1&2 saves and award you an original item or even a move scroll.
by Axm
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice to have Features for HD Release

-Passport features, (cutscene viewer, stats, music, talking heads, characer bios ect.
-Whats shenmue playable demo
-interviews with original developers
-uncompressed audio
-full Shenmue Premiere event bonus video
-Shenmue Saturn version bonus footage
- concept art viewer
- unlock the bicycle when you complete the game (S1)
- in-game checklist for the capsule toys, tapes
-retained licensing
- all the shenmue 2 bonus content and mini games collections, and battles (play from the menu)
- S1 70 man battle menu option time trial (from disk 3)
-retain the authentic weather option in S1 (i'm sure they will)

thats all i can think of for now
by johnvivant
Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Critical Reception (Reviews)

I actually think that a lot of reviewers will get into the hype bandwagon.

I think it'll be in the high 70s if it's a competent port/remaster, and the price is great for a +40 hour bundle.

Also, the waiting around in SI will be gone, that's something that might put players in a bad mood.
Waiting around what part are you talking about?
He is talking about parts like the tattoo parlor, supposed time skip future will eliminate that requirement to do other stuff whilst waiting until the parlor opens
by returnedfate
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFD22Yru-UU

This is so exciting for me! Was holding out for this ever since the Crash remakes were announced.
I've got many happy memories playing the Spyro games and they form some of my most nostalgic video game moments ever. I've not played them in so long either so I'm absolutely psyched to be able to revisit them with a current gen upgrade. September cannot come soon enough!
by Jibby
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

khmlight3 wrote: Are you joking around? I should be allowed on here!

Lol, don't worry. You're good.
by Jibby
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Release Date Speculation

Considering that Shenmue 3 voice acting starts being recorded soon, I don't agree with any of the people saying mid to late 2019 on that. If they're doing VO, most of the scenes and dialogue are already locked down and we should expect the game less than a year after they start recording. So April 2019 would be the latest I could see them pushing Shenmue 3 out to. At the moment I'm feeling like December 2018 is the earliest Shenmue 3 could be out, with April 2019 being the latest.

That in mind, and I don't think they'll want to launch in the same month as Yakuza Kiwami 2, I'm guessing July. That gives them about 2 months to finish and release to manufacturing.
by Sappharad
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic