Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

Logged back in after many years. :P

Only saw this great news today. I am sure many die hard shenmue fans who like me are not really gamers and don't follow E3 will still discover this little gem and contribute appropriately to their favorite game.
by Bellator
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

Logged back in after many years. :P

Only saw this great news today. I am sure many die hard shenmue fans who like me are not really gamers and don't follow E3 will still discover this little gem and contribute appropriately to their favorite game.

Just out of interest, how did you find out about it?

Shenmuedojo is still a webite i occasionally type in my browser from time to time to check for any shenmue news.
Come to think about 14 years doing this crap is really something... guess I love Shenmue that much
by Bellator
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

Was thinking about writting a long topic on how I will perceive Shenmue III now that I am a 30 year old married man instead of a 16 year old boy.
Shenmue was really a big experience for me. I have been lurking around this site for 14 freking years waiting for news... anyways the long topic will wait a few days..

So far the news since i last visited this community:

Got my degree in Chemical Engineering
Started Working
Got Married
Visited 7-8 differente countries
Lost almost all my hair around my temples

Life is good i guess... apart from the hair ;-) I wonder if that happened to you guys too?
by Bellator
Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Today. Today... At the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other. Today there is not a man nor woman in here that shall stand alone. Not today. Today we face the monsters that are at our door and bring the fight to them!
TODAY WE ARE CANCELING THE APOCALYPSE...of having to live without shenmue III
by Bellator
Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Returning characters for Shenmue 3?

I have thought that perhaps in project berkley it was Ryo that got to hit her bad when she had asked to spar with him for the final time. Also would have been pretty cool.
by Bellator
Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Back in the old days where you didn't had internet in every device bigger than your thumb and when you had to wait a whole week to download a movie off the internet, i was searching in vain for the official sega's "shenmue the movie" that also came out with the xbox version latter.

These times weren't like it is now where you can just click on a link on youtube and get to watch it...

After several frustating searches, I remember meeting a fellow portuguese fan here in these forums and asking about the movie.
Without knowing me from anywhere he burned a copy of shenmue the movie in two separate diks and shipped it to my house free of charge.

I have disgracefully forgot his username and strangely don0t have any private messages from him.. maybe it was from before these "new" forums went live in 2003.

Guess it just shows how shenmue fans stick together.
by Bellator
Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

@ Anonymous81 :

For once, I disagree with you. We have to limit the media bullshit by make clear the facts and slow down the disinformation virus.
Biased people won't change their opinion immediately but they will be more able to do so when the next news turns in favor of Shenmue 3. And it's one more good occasion to demonstrate our Shenmue passion and make it understand that this game has something special.

By all means, knock yourself out. But personally... I've been on the internet since at least early Netscape, and I can count the number of times anyone that biased on the internet has changed their mind on both hands. If i ball both hands up into two fists, with no fingers. :P

I won't say it's not a worthwhile effort. During the KS campaign, as you know, I posted pretty much everywhere I could day and night trying to do the same thing. However, in retrospect, the impact was extremely minimal.

Surges we received that made any real dent in funding at all arose only from the initial announcement, mainstream news articles (whether they were negative or misinformed or not actually, which was kind of surprising but makes sense,) and when we broke records. Especially that last record, and the timing of it. Holy hell was that ever fortuitous. And the last minute push of course. That was a thing of legends. :)

The impact of what you and others like you had in your efforts of spreading the word and hype of shenmue 3 was not miminal. It was contagious and the campaign would never had broken the world records it did had it not been for people like you.
Just felt i needed to post that.
by Bellator
Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Felt the need to post after reading so much of the negativity of this topic.

First and foremost... Who gives a FªCK about wether or not the KS exclusives will be made avaiable on the slacker backer campaign??

The campaign is generating about 2000$ per day. Do you think this number will somewhat change based on a fªcking phone card call???

I am sure most of you already secured your desired rewards through the KS which lasted for a whole month so why do you care?
You think there are still many shenmue fans on the sidelines at this point? I am sorry but there aren't.

What upsets me is the slacking off of the team responsible for providing updates to backers
Let's stop with the Fªcking updates about pools that nobody cares about and posts full of typos and repeated words (honestly if you're writting something that 70.000 people are going to read at least review the fªcking thing) and start updating on game development
by Bellator
Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Thank you to all that posted your detailed experience at magic monaco. I really enjoyed reading about your experience.

I am glad you all found it worth it and that you had a great time.
by Bellator
Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will they add a beeping noise after learning a new move?

During the kickstarter campaign, I listened to this beeping noise inside my head every time we reached another milestone and something new was added to the game.
by Bellator
Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic