Search found 32 matches

Return

Re: Do you like the music during the day or better?

Big time fan of the Shenmue soundtrack here :heart:
If I think of my favorite tracks, they are almost always the ones involving exploration sessions or cutscenes in the night.
Daytime tracks are great as well but they were (on a general note) deliberately composed to convey the hustle of the working hours, think about Queen's Street. They usually have more percussive elements and faster tempo. Even in Guilin, if I remember correctly, although the day-tracks are really quiet, the night-tracks still manage to be even quieter and more atmospheric.

Hard to chose, but if I only have to pick one I'll have to choose Night-tracks .
by Niowiad
Tue May 16, 2017 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is Shenmue II better than Shenmue I?

I liked Shenmue II better because it gave me a better sense of adventure as a "stranger in a strange land", compared to the first one, where everything was feeling more like an intimate experience, just not as intriguing.
So it was mainly a matter of locations and storyline for me, I guess.
by Niowiad
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Simulated leaf catching.

I tried that a couple times when I first got Shenmue II... early high school years :lol:
Pretty much the same thing as the 'Expectation/Reality' memes :-k
by Niowiad
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

It was SO in the air at this point, that the majority of users are not even mad :king:
Since the announcement I always got the idea that they'd have to rush way too much to get it done in slightly more than a couple years. I'm honestly glad they're taking their time.
And I wouldn't be completely surprised if they'll have to postpone it again to 2019.
Anything more than that would surprise me, but not 2019, a grand total of 4 years for that kind of game with that kind of team behind it.
by Niowiad
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Samurai Boy Saga: 1986 by Andy Hughes

We've listened to many music covers. This is a pretty unique work. Loving It, especially track 10 ;-)

There's currently an error in the link to Bandcamp from the original post btw
https://andyhughesmusic.bandcamp.com/al ... aga-1986-2
by Niowiad
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite lines of dialogue in the game(s)?

My favorite by far is
Chai via phone: "Nyyyyyeeeeeeehehehe! Terry's waiting!"
Ryo: "Who is this?"
:rotflmao:
They definitely stole that from here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=payDsNKcRKQ

Anyway, if I really have to choose one...
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hh7lXKUkS5k/hqdefault.jpg
by Niowiad
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Passport Disc Unlocked

Fuckin' A. This is actually the first time I get to see what's in there. :shock:
by Niowiad
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

I think I prefer the original (cursive) at the moment, we all got used to it and it's basically history.
It's known that we usually tend to appreciate and prefer what's already familiar to us.

But honestly I'm getting to like the new one more and more.
I mean, this looks awesome as well.
https://i.imgur.com/sJdF69g.jpg

Pretty sure that if this was the original logo seen on the older games, most fans would pass on the cursive version.
by Niowiad
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #74 - Gamescom Travelogue

Pleeeeeased with what I'm seeing. :heart:

Even though I'm confident they'll improve, I would have zero problems to accept this if it was the final result (plus some facial animations).
As it has been already pointed out many times by many people... for more than a decade we were on our knees for a book or graphic novel directed by YS to continue the saga, we're getting the videogame now.
I'm uncomfortable even at the thought of complaining.
by Niowiad
Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will You Be Nice To Shenhua?

And how could anyone not be nice to Shenhua?
Exactly what I was thinking... is that even a question?
https://media.giphy.com/media/26FLdmIp6wJr91JAI/giphy.gif

As long as she has dinner ready on the table when I get home.
That's going to happen every time 60% of the time :see:
by Niowiad
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Given the vastity of the project I still feel as they're doing good and they need all the support.
The feedback is usually bad, even the new update video already got many dislikes and it sure can be demotivating for developers working with far from ideal budget, on a new game of a blockbuster serie.
Again, we all new it was not going to be AAA production. The sooner people (especially non-fans) accepts that, the better.
by Niowiad
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best character model of Ryo (poll).

He looks like an actual teenager in Shenmue3, as he should.
To me, he had always been looking way older than 18 in the previous models (although they are great), except maybe in those Saturn builds.
by Niowiad
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE: YOKOSUKA BLUES - A Fan-Film

Very nicely done \:D/
No doubts about the music tracks, but I wouldn't have guessed the sound effects would be so nice on filmed material :king:
Thanks for sharing.
by Niowiad
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will the PC version come on a blu ray disc?

It will likely be a "fake physical" edition, with the download code inside the box, like many of the recent PC releases. It won't be on bluray for sure.
Funny enough, I funded the kickstarted with the "PC physical copy" and never actually thought about this, but what I just quoted sounds like the most likely scenario to me as well at the moment.
by Niowiad
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net: The Classics

I seriously and totally fell for that until it got to the "modding" part :rotflmao:

I was like "ok this is f-ing awesome although it sucks the HD remasters are dead [-( "
by Niowiad
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue 3 conclude the story?

It will not conclude the story. Too much to fit in one game only.
It has been confirmed by Yu Suzuki himself.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/01/ ... r-a-sequel

We can only hope they'll make the next game(s).
by Niowiad
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Release Date Speculation

Shenmue HD - late 2018
Shenmue 3 - mid/late 2019

Just guessing 8-[
by Niowiad
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Time Skip In Shenmue I

Take it off Shenmue2 as well

by Niowiad
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Reprise wrote: I really, REALLY hope they don't add a modern map system with waypoints and objective markers. I don't think they will... I hope.

Ah... to me that's one of the worst things that ever happened to videogames.
Especially the Elder Scrolls series was heavily affected by this.
by Niowiad
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

I feel like the vast majority of people naturally goes for the most comfortable way of playing, which is without having to constantly read text. Pretty understandable in a way.

I'm all for getting as close as possible to the original creator's concept in movies, videogames and art in general; so I'm very glad they included the original japanese voices. I don't have much time for playing videogames anymore (let alone re-playing) and if they didn't include the original audio this time, alghough I would have bought it anyway, I would have probably just watched the two "movies" on YouTube in preparation for Shenmue3.

Japanese audio literally was my only request for the HD remasters.
by Niowiad
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tour of Dobuita Street in Under One Minute

Can never get enough of this stuff :king:
by Niowiad
Sun May 13, 2018 6:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

WildManofBorneo wrote:Image

I still get nightmares about Ryo's early model :poke:

And I'm in love with the new Shenhua, really...
by Niowiad
Fri May 18, 2018 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

Spaghetti wrote: Image

I like this. The chin looks more in proportion and more similar to the original look.
by Niowiad
Fri May 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MP3 BGM Option/Feature

I remember abusing of that kind of feature on the first Xbox in my early teens :king:

My idea changed over time... in pretty much any well thought and worth playing videogame, the music (and sometimes even absence of music) is 100% part of the experience.
Music tracks and themes are literally handcrafted to dynamically suit specific moments, areas, characters and situations. Shenmue is definitely a great example for this, with a good variety of musical styles according to what's needed on any occasion.

The only games where I could possibly feel like putting my own music on would be games whose soundtracks are basically collections of pre-existing music tracks.
Any other videogame, with music specifically composed for it, is well worth being played with the original soundtrack.

Just my opinion O:)
by Niowiad
Sat May 26, 2018 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YOKOSUKA BLUES: A SHENMUE STORY (fan-film)

This one nicely connects the dots with the two previous releases.
That last fighting scene, again, it is so cool.

I'm getting the Black Scar Blues DVD by the way \:D/
by Niowiad
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Inspired Travel Series

Beautiful. Subscribed and looking forward to the rest.
How many parts in total?
by Niowiad
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue 3's music(?)

Yeah I've always been under the assumption that with "old unused tracks" they were mainly referring to the compositional aspect of those tracks, to be updated with modern higher quality sounds, rather than the just the old audio files or DAW project files.
Otherwise yes, the discrepancy could be too much.
by Niowiad
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm a big fan of the Shenmue soundtrack. No wonder YS is (or was) also a musician.

As it is also said in the video above, things and tools in the music production realm have exponentially grown in the last 10-15 years; sample libraries have outstanding sound quality, virtual instruments are great and everything provides "perfect" audio quality at much lower costs and efforts than before.

I have mixed feelings about them using the old unused compositions as I believe scoring is done much better when a composer has pictures in his mind for a specific scene/moment, but I also believe they know what they're doing and they'll manage adapting the old material in a proper way.
by Niowiad
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup. Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
I'm expecting great audio this time around O:)
by Niowiad
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic