Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Fan-Edits & Tweaks of New Images Thread

http://i.imgur.com/UbpxXCe.jpg http://i.imgur.com/t4GUxbn.jpg

Sometimes, I wonder what I'm doing with my life.

Also, my fitty cents:
- The promo image looks like something a college student would do.
- Subsurface scattering skin shaders can be great, but S3's artist(s) seemed to have just found them and added that shit to everything. Plasticmens.
- Shenhua looks into your soul and finds emptiness, because she's dead and can't find things.
- Ryo was dipped in olive oil and came out a Filipino. Though, it does sort of "grow" on me as he looks off into the distance.
- Animations are great, but could probably look less floaty with more manual tweaking of the mocap data.
- I honestly thought the promo image was a shitpost or fanart...but at least the environments look pretty good despite the constant need to blow out all the colours with coloured lighting and mannequin Shenhua.
- I don't mind the old martial artist/fisherman guy in the teaser. If that's the look they're going for, hopefully Ryo and Shenhua get more treatments. The muscle man is pretty good, except the same SSS shader nonsense that makes him look like a doll.
- Highlights on eyes please.
- The logo is bad and whoever made it or accepted it should feel bad. Photoshop beveling? Da fuck?
- I wonder if this cartoon style is to make it easier to create NPCs. Shenhua, for example, looks like an NPC that you only want to talk to a couple of times before never seeing her again because she's too fucking creepy to want to hold a conversation with.
- Ryo doesn't look like in-game DC Ryo. DC Ryo is definitive Ryo for me and not the countless other renditions of him, which I'll never understand why Suzuki has kept on accepting. There has to be a way to update that model and still make it fit the new cartoon style, if production limitations are what's driving this look, fine, I'll accept it. I just think it can look a lot better and I really hope it does.
- I regret giving money to DayZ when I should have given it to S3.
by PseudoDev
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic