Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

I think nobody has to be afraid of Deep Silver.
They are the publisher for Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami in Europe.

The whole Dead Island 2 thing was something else
because Deep Silver owns all of the rights of the Dead Island franchise.
So of course they can change/cancel/redo this stuff if they have all the rights of that project.

But that has nothing to do with Shenmue or Yakuza etc.
by Tosh
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

I think nobody has to be afraid of Deep Silver.
They are the publisher for Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami in Europe.

The whole Dead Island 2 thing was something else
because Deep Silver owns all of the rights of the Dead Island franchise.
So of course they can change/cancel/redo this stuff if they have all the rights of that project.

But that has nothing to do with Shenmue or Yakuza etc.

I'm not sure it's as clear cut as Deep Silver + Yakuza = Deep Silver + Shenmue III types of involvement.

Sega handle everything in house for Yakuza in terms of development and budget and previously did distribution themselves.

In Shemue III, Yu Suzuki has clearly said because of Deep Silver's involvement/investment, they now have more money to realise the open-world nature of Shenmue III and as well wear the expected marketing + distribution costs.

So far Suzuki has nothing but good things to say about Deep Silver, so lets hope it continues.

The thing is, the only negative points about Deep Silver are
Dead Island 2, Homefront Revolution and Mighty No 9.
And Dead Island and Homefront Revolution belong directly to Deep Silver. They own all of the rights for these games.
The Mighty No 9 thing was just a bad promotion, but they didnt change anything in the actual game.
So even if they do a bad promotion for Shenmue 3 - we will still get the game from Yu Suzuki.

So the whole Dead Island/Homefront thing is something else because Deep Silver doesnt own Shenmue.
Shenmue 3 is in production since 2015 or even earlier then that and the game comes out in like a year.
Deep Silver joined this year, so i'm pretty sure they know exactly what they will get.

They are probably providing some cash for the studio to make the game a little bit "bigger",
that would explain why Deep Silver is the worldwide publisher and not just for Europe.

But i dont see any point why anyone should be afraid of that cooperation.

Even if Shenmue 3 has sexual content or something like that, it would be no problem for a German publisher.
Deep Silver didnt do any censoring or changes among their published asian games.
by Tosh
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 Pack for PS4 Xbox One Possibly Leaked!!!WT

i don't need a fancy hd remake with super new graphics. i'm fine with 1080p, 16:9 ratio
and japanese voices + english text.
i don't mind the dreamcast/xbox look, i just want both games on ps4 or pc.
come on sega.
by Tosh
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Shenmue 3 will never get on such a hype level as ... i don't know ... the new Battlefield,
or the next Kojima game or Uncharted, Last Of Us, whatever.

The newer generations who were born at the year 2000+ have probably no idea what Shenmue is.
I don't think that you can hype these people with footage of some random japanese guy who is in some asian region.
And it doesn't help that they will find things like "carrying crates" or "driving the forklift" on Youtube
if they look up Shenmue.

Shenmues subjects and themes are not something that you can sell so easily.
I'm pretty sure that the view number on the first teaser would be pretty much the same
if they had better/finished facial expressions in the video.
There would be less dislikes, yes, but thats not enough to push the views magically into the sky.
It would still be the japanese guy who walks around.

If Shenmue 3 turns out great, then it will get its own hype from the people after the release.
If there is a great story, gameplay and so on, it will reach a hype level on its own because of the quality.

But you can't promote Shenmue 3 like some triple A Call of Duty or GTA.
Shenmue is probably on the same level as the Yakuza games or Persona,
those games are for a specific group of gamers.
I don't see how you could push the hype for these kind of games with better trailers or reports
because the setting and themes are just too peculiar / particular. (is this correct english, i don't know)

Shenmue is a admired franchise for a specific group of gamers,
but Shenmue is very very small if you compare it with current hype games.

A better looking Ryo or Shenhua is not enough to hype more people.
by Tosh
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

Here is my translation of that Yu interview in the German magazine.
I didn't translate everything because some of the questions are just about Yu's hobbies etc.
I'm not a native english speaker, i tried my best.

Question 1 to Yu:
You said that Shenmue 3 will be bigger than you thought at first?

Yu's answer:
Yes, the game will probably be three times as big as i had in mind at the beginning. One of the villages has over 200 residents now instead of just 50. This village alone is five times bigger than i had in mind.

Question 2 to Yu:
But still - Shenmue 3 has not the same budget as 1 or 2. What do you have to change in the game because of that?

Yu's answer:
The story is still intact but i had to adjust some of the extra elements and details. We talked about the 200 people in that village - maybe we will even have 400 in the end, i didn't decide yet. You have to remember that all the city / village residents in 1 & 2 had a "real" simulated life, thats a really complicated and tough quest and the budget for Shenmue 3 is probably not big enough to do that again.

Question 3 to Yu:
Will there be voices and sound for everything in the game?

Yu's answer:
We don't know yet. To tell the truth - the amount of text is getting bigger and bigger and not all of it is planned, so we don't know if all of it will be available with sound.

Question 4 to Yu:
Will you use the voice actors from 1 & 2?

Yu's answer:
Ryo's english and japanese voice will be the same in Shenmue 3. I can't tell you anything about the other people yet.

Question 5 to Yu:
Shenmue 3 will be only available on PS4 and PC, why is that?

Yu's answer:
That's simple - it's just because of our partnership with Sony and their support at the E3 2015.

Question 6 to Yu:
Did you ever thought about how you could tell the story without a real Shenmue 3?

Yu's answer:
Yes, i thought about a mobile game before.

Question 7 to Yu:
There were a lot of critical responses for the Shenmue 3 teaser. What would you tell the people who feel dissappointed?

Yu's answer:
We don't have any facial expressions in the game right now and none of the character models are final yet. So it will look different and better in the final game. The teaser is not representing the quality of the final game, we are still in the middle of developing. And of course you have to remember the budget. The budget is good enough for our game, but its pretty small if you compare it to other games right now. We can't keep up with big modern games. We would need a way bigger budget (ten times bigger than now) to make perfect modern graphics. So we need to find a good middle way between good graphics and good content. Please don't expect highend graphics, Shenmue 3 is not about that.

by Tosh
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

Edit - the translation of the additional info box in that magazine:

Shenmue 3 will turn out bigger because of the partnership with Deep Silver.
The shown teaser was just released because they wanted to celebrate that partnership.
(they had the teaser ready before that, but couldnt decide if they should release it or not)

Shenmue 3 starts with chapter 6 but Shenmue 3 is not the end of the Shenmue story.
The original Shenmue story was planned for four or five games in total,
it would be too much story content for Shenmue 3.
There will be flashbacks in Shenmue 3, so that everyone understands whats going on.
Shenmue 3 will not have any online options and the fighting will be easier (adjusted to match modern games)
by Tosh
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Change petitions to Sega to translate it into spanish

Koch Media / Deep Silver is one of the biggest european publishers / distributors.
They are selling movies, games, software and so on,
so they probably have a huge marketing / research whatever office
and they know what makes sense and what not.

If they have no plans for subtitles or menues in language XYZ, then they have probably a good reason for it.

Probably the same reason why Sega / Atlus / Deep Silver wont translate Yakuza
or Persona into other languages than english.
Because the sales numbers wouldnt be high enough in that region to justify the costs.

Its all about money. If it would make sense to include language XYZ, then they would include language XYZ.
by Tosh
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Change petitions to Sega to translate it into spanish

If the steam page is right, the game will have german, english, french, korean and chinese subtitles and menues.
No spanish or italian or russian subtitles. Also no japanese subtitles or menues,
so the steam version is not intended for japanese people.

But as i said, this is not some random decision.
(japanese people are no pc players, all of the latest games in the japanese top lists
are on PS3/PS4 and Nintendo Switch/3DS/Wii U)

I guess the spanish market has just a small "Shenmue target group". At least in the eyes of Sega and Koch Media.
Kickstarter goals for Shenmue 3 were 1. german subtitles 2. french subtitles, then spanish and italian subtitles.

So it seems like german and french regions have a potential bigger market for this kind of game.
by Tosh
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you most looking forward to?

This will be my real first playthrough of both games. I remember playing Shenmue 2 with a friend on his Dreamcast
and all we did was playing darts for hours and hours and hours. (We were like 13 or 14 years old at that time)
Everytime we played Shenmue 2 we did nothing else. We didnt even know what happened in Shenmue 1.

Years later i played both games and finished them but i kinda just followed the story as straight as possible.
So this time i will probably use a guide from Gamefaq or whatever to see everything
and i will do my best to get 100% in both games on my PS4.
by Tosh
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "5% of what he knows" says Adam Koralik?

i think the whole 5 / 10% thing is a bit misleading. he is not allowed to say anything about features
or performance and so on. and Sega themself is also dodging every question with answers like
"the gameplay is in 16:9".
we dont even have all the answers to the basic questions,
so i dont see how there could be like 90% of surprises or whatever. that would be mindblowing.

i think in the end 70 or 80% of the things they cant talk about right now will just be answers like
"no the collection does not run in 60 fps, no the cutscenes in 1 are not in 16:9,
no there is no 4K option on consoles ..." with maybe 1-2 nice surprises and thats it.

i'm very careful about this topic because it sounds a bit fishy to me.
it sounds like there is still so much stuff to discover and i think its possible
that people will get way too hyped because of that.

right now everything that i expect is nothing more than a 1080p/30 fps port with some small tweaks.
(which would be fine for me)
by Tosh
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

A guy named Olivier, who is apparently the boss of the french department of Koch Media,
said that you should pre order your physical Shenmue HD copy because they wont produce a lot of them.
It seems like they will ship just a very small number of copies to the retail stores.
(I dont know if he just means in France or everywhere)
by Tosh
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is there any chance of our save files carrying over to S

i think they will start Shenmue 3 with some flashbacks and maybe some basic questions / choices
to kind of restore "your" storyline but you wont get your items back or anything like that.
thats my best guess right now.
by Tosh
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue HD Thoughts

this problem with 4:3 to 16:9 reminds me of the tv show "King Of Queens".
i have all of the seasons on dvd and all of the earlier seasons and episodes were shown in 4:3 on tv
but some of them are in 16:9 on dvd and if you look closely,
you can spot actors waiting for their entry and technical staff with microphones on the left and right of the screen
because they were out of frame in the original 4:3 version
and back then it was not planned to show more than that.
by Tosh
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic