Re: Famitsu Article

I'd say we're further along than 70%
by d3tAllan
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd say we're further along than 70%

Hi Allan, thanks for joining the forum! I'm not sure how much you're at liberty to say, but are you allowed to say how cutscenes will be presented in Shenmue II? Will they be letterboxed for people who select 4:3, and full widescreen for people who select 16:9?

Also, will the stencil/environment shadows from the Xbox version of Shenmue II be implemented at all? I only ever played the Dreamcast version and despite owning an Xbox never felt the urge to own the Xbox version of Shenmue II, but watching the DF Retro episode on the game, it was cool to see environmental shadows that I'd never seen before. Not a deal-breaker if they're not included, though.

Thanks!
I think its best I don't talk about 4:3 vs 16:9. All I will say is that for technical reasons parts of the game are currently limited to 4:3. If you play the game in an emulator with a widescreen hack you will see some of the issues.

We've ported the xbox version of Shenmue II so yes it does have stencil shadows.
by d3tAllan
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KidMarine wrote:
d3tAllan wrote: I'd say we're further along than 70%

Assuming you're for real, I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work. It's really shaping up nicely <3

by d3tAllan
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

Dorian wrote: d3t. Now I know why the remaster has errors like wrong eye movement and aspect ratio. Somebody needs to reach out to them and explain a few things they're doing improperly before the console versions are baked.

I think the eye thing has been fixed now.
by d3tAllan
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mjq jazz bar wrote: Are you using uncompressed audio files?

I don't know, sorry. I'm a programmer on the project but don't do any of the audio.
by d3tAllan
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Achievement list published already -- Potential Spoilers

Wow, did not know those were publicly visible. Guess we're using random id's in our next game!
by d3tAllan
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic