Search found 64 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts

Got a model kit for the first time in ages.

I bet it'll look great when finished. :D
by Sonikku
Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They make me think specifically of Pizza Hut.

Got a model kit for the first time in ages.

https://i.imgur.com/VUa6b1Y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MbRBzvh.jpg

I bet it'll look great when finished. :D

Kudos for getting Heavyarms. Always struck me as the most underrated of Gundam Wing's mecha (my friends in highschool all seemed to prefer the rest of them), but always remained my favorite.
Wish I had more time for model kit stuff. Dorky as hell hobby, but it's always fun and satisfying. Just takes freakin forever if you plan on going all out (with paint and glue and sanding and all that).
by OL
Sat May 19, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haruto wrote: Who knew you could be nostalgic about cups? If you were in the US and grew up in the 80s and early 90s you may remember these.

I remember having those in the late 90s in the UK
by south carmain
Sat May 19, 2018 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fun With Screenshots (Post Yours)

^^Merged the new topic with the old one. Changed the title to your new one, just so it's clear I'm not favoring "my" topic or anything silly like that. It's a good idea to resurrect either way. I'll pop back in with some later.
by OL
Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Holy balls! After the excellent Wild Guns Reloaded remake they are hinting at another remake and some ERA users pointing out the logo is similar to Ninja Warriors! My god I hope it's true. The arcade game I hope and not the SNES sequel.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wild-guns-reloaded-team-working-on-a-new-remake.43467/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=296&v=OFjv6_p7qRE
Seems like it probably will be Ninja Warriors Again, since apparently the devs of Wild Guns Reloaded actually made that back in the day (their site doesn't mention the original Ninja Warriors, but it does show the SNES game).
Always liked it just for graphics and concept's sake, but yeah, it wasn't the greatest of games. The good thing is though, they've already shown they can outright improve on old games like this what with Wild Guns being the way it is. I look forward to seeing what they do with Ninja Warriors.
by OL
Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your captured video game screenshots (merged)

Few new shots. As before, spoiler tags are just there to keep the post from taking up too much space. No spoilers present, really.

The ones from Atelier Sophie might not seem like much, but I made a little game for myself; there's usually dialogue on-screen at all times, so I've been trying to time my presses of the share button just right so I catch the images in the split-second between when a dialogue box disappears and the next appears. Tough getting it right, but they look great when you do. I like how the characters in Gust's games really "pop" against the backgrounds. They certainly aren't triple-A, but they tend to look nice anyway.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/296hpvp.jpg

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2ev97vm.jpg

Some Dishonored 2 ones. Like my ones for the first Dishonored, none of this is from cutscenes or anything; It's all in-game angles with the HUD dropped. I like how they turned out.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/x4hzrc.jpg
http://oi67.tinypic.com/2yzkj83.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/35lf312.jpg

Kazuma never killed nobody. No sir.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/34o2c5f.jpg

I just liked the setting for this one.
http://oi66.tinypic.com/egrdc2.jpg

This is just from a cutscene in Nioh, but I liked how it looked anyway. Wallpaper-worthy. Still absolutely love that Yuki-Onna was a boss in this.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/5kf6t3.jpg
by OL
Mon May 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your captured video game screenshots (merged)

Ha, speaking of Zone of the Enders...
The demo for the ZOE2 remaster came out today, so as I was checking that out I just started clicking the share button to take shots, and made a weird little discovery (which I'm sure has been seen by others before, but I was unaware).
During close-range combos, Jehuty's arm "stretches" at the joint to about three times its normal size (you can see how the texture is blurrier than everything else on screen). Kind of an interesting detail, something done to exaggerate the action during those split-second animations I guess. Never would have seen it without being able to take my own shots.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2im45g3.jpg
http://oi63.tinypic.com/16kq3px.jpg

Game looks gorgeous by the way, even in regular ol' 1080p. I don't have 4k or VR, but this thing is still spiffy enough to warrant another purchase from me.
by OL
Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Can't blame them. People tend to be mesmerized on graphics and plot over anything else, trying hard to tie games' cinematic value as close to film, and so validating their hobby as art.

Haven't played it yet, but the vibes I'm getting from the game are the same ones I got from playing Horizon Zero Dawn, terrific on presentation but only okay everywhere else.
by sand4fish
Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New (old) Shenmue Online gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIub0Ok5zQs

So I was digging around the internet, and found some gameplay footage from Shenmue Online that I had never seen before. I thought it was the TGS 2005 footage, but it is different. Apparently, this is from T2 Technology Holdings' 2005 strategic conference on November 15th, 2004. Interesting stuff.

Source: http://bak1.beareyes.com.cn/2/lib/200411/25/20041125198.htm
by Supa
Wed May 30, 2018 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #82: Shenhua finds her voice! JP VO begins.

Nakamura is also the composer of the original Virtua Fighter and a load of other AM2 games (as well as non-AM2 games like Ehrgeiz & Lumines).
It'd be great if he composed some music for Shenmue 3, his most recent composition work was on Yuji Naka's game Rodea the Sky Soldier, which had that really good classic SEGA sound, lots of upbeat electronic music that evokes that blue skies feel. He's a really good synth composer. At least we know the sound should be on point now (of course, we knew about Iuchi who is also really good).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-Rda9I7mg&index=8&list=PLx5ZE9FYUWsiyTFt8wpeSLheB4fsrt53G
by Henry Spencer
Sat May 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

The Strain. I thought at first I disliked how The master looked but once they dumped him and went the generic route I would welcome back the giant version of him with the cool grim reaper like cloak.

the strain was a good show, i enjoyed it. i had to buy the last season from itunes as it got dropped here in the uk.

i really liked ash vs the evil dead. sucks it got cancelled..

shows currently watching/ following

plebs
timeless
high and dry
brooklyin 99
big bang theory
Genius - picasso (Genius -einstein was good. would like to see a series based on Nicola Tesla)
superstore
the walking dead

- i was a fan of "the americans" but because of uk tv dropping it, i missed several seasons.. probably have to rewatch it over again ](*,)
by redline
Thu May 31, 2018 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Sony E3 Leak! [Mod note: It's absolutely not re

That reads like a fanboys wet dream list. Vanquish 2? DMC5? RE2 Remake? Splinter Cell? MGS3 Remake? Beyond Good and Evil 2 Gameplay? Yakuza Kiwami 2 given time on Sony's E3 stage? PS2 and PS3 Backwards Compatibility? Shenmue 3 Gameplay? FFVII Remake LAUNCH Trailer?

Most of those are just...lol.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Sony E3 Leak! [Mod note: It's absolutely not re

The logic want after the first Gameplay Trailer all games realase after one year minimum. Shenmue 3 have nothing, when the first (and true) beautiful and official trailer (not technical video) will be show at E3 2019 you can be sure the game will be realase after one year minimum. If you check all statistics of all videos games you will consider and discover the true about Shenmue 3 realase.

And what if the first GAMEPLAY TRAILER comes out in 2018?

I don't get this obsession with E3. There are other events in the gaming industry.
by Kiske
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DMCV announced at MS E3 show

Ewwww. Looks like Scalebound even down to that "attitude" and corny feel to the dialogue.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DMCV announced at MS E3 show

Yeah, this is, uh... disappointing.
I'll just get out of the way that I hate that girl. HATE her. Jesus christ, that's gonna be one annoying-ass character to have around for a whole game.
Having Nero around is fine (I loved DMC4, screw the haters), but there's something about these modern graphics that bothers the hell out of me. Is it weird to say that I don't like how realistic the people look? There was always a very videogame-specific type of stylization to the characters in past generations, but now that the graphics are more realistic... I dunno, it just saps a bit of the likability away.
I've also never seen so many smug little shit-eating grins in one trailer before.
And the gameplay looks pretty meh.

And what the fuck kind of crappy music is that? What happened to the Zombie-influenced industrial freak-metal they always had before? That shit defined DMC before, but in this trailer they showcase some shitty electro-pop?
Ugh.
by OL
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fist of the North Star (From the Yakuza Team) headed wes

Damn, I expected a trailer!

I know next to nothing about Fist of the North Star by it's by Team Ryu Ga Gotoku so that's enough for me.

by Crimson Ryan
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Have to say, I'm not the Assassin's Creed fan I used to be. Loved it up to Syndicate, but I still haven't tried Origins, and I really just don't care much at all about the overarching story of the whole thing anymore.
So with that said, I don't really give a shit that this is a new AC, so much as the fact that it's friggin ancient Greece , and it looks goddamn beautiful. Ancient Greece has always been a major point of appeal for me personally, so I'm digging what I see of this so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSw6JeHge1Y
by OL
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
by redline
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise (SEGA,Yakuza team)

I beat it two nights ago and finished off the last two (achievable, for me) trophies, last night.

This is far and away the grindiest game in the series and it WILL take you over 150 hours to platinum it, not to mention there are a couple of early missable things to watch out over.

Thankfully, you will need to beat the game twice to collect everything, so anything missed can be done again the second time 'round.

Music is great, voice acting is incredible and the story is damn good as well, though I feel many will be unhappy with yet another, "underwhelming final boss," that has been thrown around quite a bit in the series, lately. . One thing that some people may find odd, is that there aren't ANY weapons in the game (just the "Hidebu," which don't count lol), which lacks a bit of variety, however that leads me to say...

... the fighting is the best thing about this game, as they've really captured the spirit and essence of HNK even if the fighting animations constantly get repeated .

But yeah, the sheer amount of things to do + difficulty, this is the toughest Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza game thus far and you need to spend a ton of time grinding for things and repeating things.

A few more spoilers, for those that want to know:

[spoiler]
- Amon returns and he's the toughest he's ever been, by far, ESPECIALLY since you can't use weapons.
- This is a completely new story, with returning characters. So this won't be a callback to the HNK you know and love, as they change things up a bit, story-wise.
- Komaki is in this game as well!

Its a great game, I'd give it a 9/10 and place it after Kiwami 2, as best in the series. It runs on the old engine, so its still in the style of Kiwami, 0 and before.
by Truck_1_0_1_
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New (old) Shenmue Online gameplay

Absolutely! I'd have played Shenmue Online back in the day. I always said that in a perfect world, III and Online both existing, with Online being non canon to the main story, would have been amazing.
by Supa
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intende

I still need to play Mankind Divided. Loved Human Revolution. Not so much interested in Detroit.
Main thing about 2077 to me, looking at it now, is that unlike so many other games that claim to be "cyberpunk"... this actually does indeed look to be cyber punk .
I mean, the genre's name originally came from the fact that the stories tended to involve the dregs of society, the people on the lower rung... the punks. The criminals.
Shadowrun is one of the few that still gets that, and actually has you playing as those dregs.
Stuff like Deus Ex, meanwhile, always has you playing the law.
So it's good to see that a game taking its title from the name of the genre itself is actually sticking to the classic sensibility of it all. I love Deus Ex and Ghost in the Shell and all manner of stuff like that, sure, but sometimes it just makes more sense to focus on the lowlives.
by OL
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

About to start the original Phantasy Star series between Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection and SEGA Genesis Classics. Also have Age Of Empires Definitive Edition in my sights, as well as replaying the Yakuza series to 100% them (hopefully).
by Supa
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intende

So many cyberpunk visuals to digest - Matrix style jacking in, Neuromancer style implants, VR headsets, android models, that bit on the plane, the board room meeting that went wrong. It looks like a really violent world they're setting up here.

I can definitely see some Rockstar influence there. It isn't going for a overtly serious, morose or "dark" tone often seen in cyberpunk. We already have Deus Ex series for that and countless others too (like the recently , so it's good they're doing their own thing with the setting. That trailer was great at showing you what the world will be like. I can see myself diving into this game and spending a lot of time in it.

Speaking of cyberpunk games, am I the only one who played Mankind Divided and Detroit on here? Looking at Orange's avatar, I still need to play Ruiner.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

phpBB [video]

Sooo good.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Deals

Layers of Fear is free on Steam. Just hit install to add to your library.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3917 ... s_of_Fear/
by Raithos
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: new *Armored Core game Daemon X Machina

They're showing gameplay right now. Looks awesome. Seems pretty far along. Definitely not Armored Core lol but awesome none the less.

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo
by Raithos
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really liked AC 2 and 3. The second one was the first game I ever had on the PS2, well aside from Z.O.E. at least. Sadly, with Gundam Builders on the horizon, my gaming dollar may yet already be spoken for.
by Sonikku
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont really get how more games are bad, the switch is selling like hot cakes an in order for that to continue they are putting games on the machine that people want. Why complain about a list of games you probably wont play anyway? Let the people that do want them play them, its not a bad thing and keeps Nintendo alive for longer. Nintendo is finally in a situation (for now) where developers and publishers can actually multiplat games on all 3 consoles which we havent seen since the GameCube and not only that but finally pulling back the veil that their console is children oriented, but now its too much? I am happy for them, DO YOU NINTENDO! =D>
by AnimeGamer183
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Armored Core

Armored Core V.
Verdict Day is great, but it's basically an expansion to Armored Core V. It's better if you have your AC built and geared up from the beginning, as is the case with any of the expansions in the rest of the series, and for that you have to play V.

I don't think you're going to like any of them regardless, but since you already said you didn't like AC4, the next one to logically try would be V (since For Answer, likewise, is basically an expansion to 4).
by OL
Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think AC6 is definitely in the works, just Miyazaki probably wants to direct it. Hence, it's been put on hold until his Adventure game and Shadows Die Twice get done.

As for this game, definitely going to get it now I have a Switch whenever it comes out, looks really fun. Love the fact that it has destructible environments. Talented team working on it.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My issue with 4 is the missions were so short like 5 minutes 10 at the most. 20-30 minutes would be ideal. I completed it but something felt off. Then again what do I know. I enjoy Front Mission Evolved. So maybe my opinion is moot.

AC4 and AC5 may as well be from different series the playstyle is so different in both. Miyazaki said he opted for a different style with AC4 and For Answer from the rest of the series (the movement is so much faster and lighter and more spent flying than any of the other AC games I've played up until now). AC1 is still charming in its own way, despite how "aged" it is (since it's on PSN, it's an easy buy). AC1 feels more "arcadey" I guess.

AC5 is definitely the one in the series where the mechs feel really heavy and bulky (and more powerful). Missions are also much longer too than AC4, which were made to be fast paced and snappy. Less boss battles too (AC4 was full of them).
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New (old) Shenmue Online gameplay

I quite liked Yakuza's clan creator game, and am happy to see it return in Kiwami 2. I think they could easily make a Shenmue themed version. I would have liked to see how SHenmue Gai was initially going to turn out, too. Too bad we never got to see it past a few updates before it shut down.
by Supa
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If one wanted to get into the earliest games, I do have a suggestion.
Most will find that the PS1 (and most of the PS2) games have a bit of a strange control scheme by default, where the shoulder buttons control camera movement up and down. Luckily, a weird hallmark of the series is the fact that you can customize the controls completely , so I always switch all camera control to the right face buttons, with foreward, backward, and left and right strafing on the D-pad. Still takes some getting used to, but it moves it closer to dual-analog control. Much simpler and more intuitive.
by OL
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Posting errors

Yea same with me. Just waiting on Rod to have a look
by Peter
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic