Search found 64 matches

Return

Re: How did they F the Xbox port so badly?

A technical side-by-side comparison between the two versions of the game by DF Retro... Very far from a bad port.

phpBB [video]
by sand4fish
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Alternate Costumes/Outfits

Just a few off the top of my head.

Justice League 3000 ( Batman: Arkham Knight ):

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lGlQ2OhUPbc/maxresdefault.jpg

Cyborg Ninja ( Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance ):

https://static.trueachievements.com/customimages/014208.jpg

Sniper Wolf ( Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain ):

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/metalgear/images/1/18/Quiet_Sniper_Wolf.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20150926014736

Klassic skins ( Mortal Kombat ):

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9pa9F4cMWe8/maxresdefault.jpg
by ShenGCH
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

^^Hey now, careful on spoilers. That wasn't too revealing, necessarily, but still.

But yeah, I played a bit of the opening while skipping cutscenes (since I'm not up to 6 yet; just wanted to try it for the gameplay), and yeah, the scale of Kamurocho itself seems to have been expanded. Streets are definitely wider, and I wouldn't doubt if buildings in general were made a bit taller. Makes it all feels a little more realistic now, so that's nice. I'm playing Zero now, and the environments are starting to feel a little "videogame-y" at this point (after 5 games covering the same streets), so that upgrade in 6 is definitely very, very noticeable.

Also, just have to say it; it feels good when you finally throw your first enemy off of a building. I lured a pack of guys up an entire stairwell just to try that out. :lol:
by OL
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Just picked this up:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2n829zm.jpg

I'm a big fan of the .hack anime but never got a chance to play the G.U trilogy back in the day. Looking forward to this HD remaster and the new fourth game included as part of Last Recode.

Plus, Sonic Forces on Tuesday. Going to be busy for a while with all these game coming out.
by Kintor
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Got my preorder for PS4 and Xbone in on Amazon as of right now (and I don't even own those systems lol.) :D I never thought I'd be able to say, "I have preordered Shenmue HD." I hoped. I dreamed. We begged. IT'S FINALLY REAL. Let's all do what we can to support this HARD.
by Anonymous81
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

Yes, the reason black neighbourhoods exist in America is simply because black people want to live with black people... :roll:
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

This is fucking brilliant:

by MiTT3NZ
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Alternate Costumes/Outfits

Any time I play a Ninja Gaiden game, I tend to go with this by default. Never been a huge fan of Ryu's all-black look, and at least this way he looks a little more like a ninja and less like a superhero. Faithfulness to the NES games is a plus.
by OL
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Lan-Di and Ryo...

A mid game fight where Ryo gets his ass handed to him and nearly killed. Game will end much later where you meet Land Di somewhere in a rainstorm thinking this is it. This is the fight. Then he smirks does something with the Dragon Mirror and a massive Dragon emerges. Ryo does his best to not die when he realizes how to release the phoenix. Then Ryo and Lan Di fight hand to hand as in the background the Phoenix and The Dragon exchange blows much like that fight in Bayonetta 2 with the masked Baldur. Ryo defeats Lan Di but the rest of the Chi Yu Men show up all with mirrors. Ryo out of breath readies himself for another fight as he stares them down and they stoically stare right back. The game ends and says to be continued.
https://i.imgur.com/58udgZQ.jpg
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS Vita version

Vita was great for Japanese games, though. Which was the lifeblood of the PS1 and PS2. Some really underrated and really overlooked games on it!

But yeah, Vita is well and truly done for now, even Japanese devs are swapping over to Switch and Phone games to create these kinds of games (mid tier or lower budget games).
by Henry Spencer
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was about to say that Kiwami would be the place to start, since it's a remake of the first, but Harry makes a good point on starting with Zero. I'm about halfway through the story of Zero now, and it occurs to me that playing Kiwami after this is really going to make everything between Kazuma and Nishiki resonate a helluva lot more than it ever did in the original game, really make it "pop" in ways it never had the time to in the original PS2 version.
Only drawback is that, from what I hear, the sidequests and whatnot are pretty much all exactly the same in Kiwami as they were in the original Yakuza 1. That is to say... they aren't going to be quite as fun and charming as the ones in Zero.
But all the same, for main story purposes, Zero's definitely the best starting point.

And then, as luck would have it, Kiwami 2 releases in August.
Zero, then Kiwami, then Kiwami 2; it really is a pretty perfect time for people to jump on board with the series now. I've been following it since the beginning, so it's not the kind of thing I have to think about much, but just like what a lot of people are saying about Shenmue HD, I'm almost jealous of anyone getting to start the Yakuza series right now. The devs have the series down to a science by this point, and it's all pretty great (long as you don't burn yourself out, like I did a while back; only just recently got the spark back).
by OL
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I think it'd be kind of a moot effort to actually remake 3-5. Maybe port them to PS4, sure, but full-on Kiwami-style remakes seem pointless. I understand they started a new graphics engine with 5 (that's the one Kiwami and Zero run on, right?), but the visual differences are minuscule; the change was done mainly for performance purposes, not visual ones. More people in crowds, less slow-down, faster loading, etc.
Releasing "Yakuza 3 Remastered" or something might make sense (just a bump into 4K or whatever). "Yakuza 5 Remastered" would work even better, since it's already in the right engine, and we never got a physical release in the west.
But full-on "Kiwami"-style remakes for any of them?
Sounds like a bad business decision to me.
Not that I wouldn't buy it ('course I would) I just wouldn't bother making it if I were with Sega.

On the subject of 3, I still think the omissions made in the western release are small enough that they, by themselves, definitely don't justify a re-release. Without knowing beforehand that they made any omissions, absolutely nothing seems out of the ordinary when you play it anyway, and the stuff missing is absolutely minor at best.
by OL
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://oi68.tinypic.com/ou1moz.jpg http://oi65.tinypic.com/168bjm8.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/nyco4g.jpg http://oi67.tinypic.com/ac76tl.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/2hdznfb.jpg http://oi65.tinypic.com/33m6f10.jpg

So I guess I'm officially over my years-long aversion to modern anime-style Japanese games. Maybe. For the moment at least. I'm a total fucking flake. It turns on and off.
Originally wasn't super interested in Nights of Azure 2, because the whole focus is on tits. But now I'm like, hey... tits. Still need to beat the first game though.
Blue Reflection is the kind of thing that usually repels me completely, but I randomly watched a small bit of gameplay, and the visuals and music are just so... weirdly fucking pleasant . It's modern Sailor Moon, but relaxing. The fuck is that all about?
Utawarerumono, I'm still a bit iffy about, because I'm not usually a big visual novel fan. But the interspersed SRPG gameplay looks nice, and apparently the world and lore are really well-realized. So I'll try it.
Alliance Alive is from the same devs as Legend of Legacy, and that was pretty cool. Very Saga-esque, but apparently AA has a much better story (written by the creator of Suikoden, so maybe that'll appeal to some here).
And Nobunaga's Ambition ain't anime-style, but I always preorder this series as soon as they're announced. I like that KoeiTecmo takes the risk of releasing niche stuff like this so often, so they've got my support.

So yeah, mostly a weird batch of games for me. But, excluding Nobunaga and Alliance which are both Amazon, they were all surprisingly cheap on Gamestop's site, which is rare. Been a while since I've just grabbed up a big haul of games.
by OL
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

Just started chapter 4 of xenoblade 2 and I have to say it's worth it.

Anime overload, but the good kind.
by shredingskin
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just finished Yakuza Zero.
Got about halfway through the game doing side-activities as much as possible, then just fast-tracked it to the end once the story got too intriguing to put aside. And god damn.
I knew it was going to be good, and I fully expected a lot of badass posturing and a return to legit yakuza politics and whatnot (which was very, very welcome after the weird sidetracking done by Yakuza 5), but I definitely didn't expect it to be genuinely touching on top of it all. Some of the final scenes -- particularly stuff with Majima and Makoto -- actually managed to choke me up just a bit. Really, really good storytelling.
I was also thinking the whole game, as things ramped up and got more and more serious... how the fuck is any of this going to segue properly into the story of the original game/Kiwami? Seemed so much like bridges were being burned and original plot points were being overwritten. And yet... it all works out. Perfectly. In ways that prequels rarely ever seem to get right.
Not to mention that the final fight playing as Kazuma is easily one of, if not the absolute greatest one-on-one brawl in the series (and remember that I haven't finished 5 or played through 6, so I can't count those). And the final scene, when the intro music for the original Yakuza on PS2 starts playing? Goddamn, what a great feeling that was.

I'm often late to the party on playing certain games, and so often people will tell me "Once you play it, you'll be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner."
That never happens. I'm usually completely content in just waiting for the mood to strike me, and I never mind that I waited.
But this is probably the first time I actually am kicking myself.
I got burnt out on the Yakuza series by playing 50-something hours into Y5 and then getting such a bad taste in my mouth with the Haruka stuff that I just had to put it down and leave it for a while.
But man, if I'd actually just worked my way into Zero back when it was first released, it would have brought my taste for the series back almost immediately. Should have done it sooner, without a doubt.

I think now I will go back to Yakuza 5 and finish that. I remember just where I was (right around the point of starting Akiyama's story), so it'll be no problem jumping back in. Shouldn't be long before I finish that, and I'll figure out if I want Y6 immediately after, or if I should give Kiwami a go first.
But yeah, mood's back. So much that I might just go watch one of the Battles Without Honor and Humanity movies tonight.
by OL
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

In a bit of a gaming funk. With all this news about Shenmue HD Collection, and all these rumors about a Xenosaga HD collection, and me hearing about all the Xenogears and Xenosaga references and character appearances in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and with Yakuza 6 having just dropped. Those series are really all I even want to play right now, and I am unable to play any of them at the moment... so yeah, feels awkward to not want to play any of the games I have at my disposal atm.

I'll just keep on watching YouTube videos about the Xeno series lore and world and how each game can be connected, I just find it fascinating how deep this series goes and how all the references in each game can connect them all, and not to mention the crazy complicated themes presented in this series. I am frothing at the mouth wanting to play Xenoblade 2 right now... I DONT EVEN HAVE A SWITCH
by AnimeGamer183
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Current sales ranking on various Amazon & other retail s

I laughed out loud at the Q&A section on the US Amazon page for the game.

Question: Do you know where I can find some sailors?
Answer: They frequently hang out at bars. Try the MJQ Bar or Heartbeats Bar.
By Mikehook1… on April 26, 2018
You should about Charlie.
By GuavaPoP on April 27, 2018
But you'd best be careful... I hear they run with a dangerous crowd.
By Kindle Customer on April 27, 2018
Milk’s perfect for a school boy I’d say!
By Ian A. Lewis on April 29, 2018
Collapse all answers
votes
Question: Will all physical copies come with a poster?
Answer: Yes, in North America all physucal copies wil come with a free poster.
By Mikehook1… on April 25, 2018
vote
Question: Will Shenmue 2 be based on the Xbox or Dreamcast version?
Answer: It is based on the Xbox version.
By samuel galofaro on April 26, 2018
vote
Question: Is this real, or just a dream?
Answer: Is anything real? This could be a dream world? If so, I do not want to wake up.
By Mikehook1… on April 28, 2018
It's a dream... COME TRUE!!
By toastedrebel on April 29, 2018
It's real because Sega has yet to re-release Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Panzer Dragoon Orta and especially Panzer Dragoon Saga. There's also Enemy Zero, D2, Clockwork Knight and others I keep dreaming about.
By B. Sounthonevichith on April 29, 2018
Collapse all answers
votes
Question: No "Prime Discount" for Shenmue?
Answer: It will become Prime Eligible once there is an officially releaase date announced.
votes
Question: Can you tell me the "Four Wude?"
Answer: Gon, Dan, Jie, Yi. The Wude (Mandarin Chinese: 武德 wǔdé) are four aspects that any Martial Artist of true virtue should know.
By Mikehook1… on April 29, 2018
votes
Question: So, is there any chance the game may be released before Dec. 31 2018?
Answer: Absolutely Yes. Sega has confirmed that it will launch in 2018 and that an official release date announcement will come soon.
votes
Question: What is a man?
Answer: A man is someone who appreciates and loves Shenmue.
By Mikehook1… on April 29, 2018
by delvec19
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Haruto wrote: I can see why quite a few people choose colorful text. The grey on grey isn't the best. What if I typed in purple?

Then I would be forced to read your posts like this:

by Crimson Ryan
Tue May 01, 2018 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yakuza 0 is a masterpiece, in my opinion and the best game Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio has ever put out. I remember you and certain others on here annoyed that Majima is getting so much limelight but I'm like Yakuza 0 actually put him up as a really deep character and showed another side to his character. Yakuza 2 used to be my favourite story in the series but Yakuza 0 just has the best cast of antagonists in the series for me. They're all intimidating presences and so distinct from each other. And they're all amazing boss battles and those boss battle music themes...think it's actually the series composer Hidenori Shoji's best work as a composer yet as well.

I absolutely loved the side quests in Yakuza 0 as well, so many highlights and the funniest ones in the series yet as well. The writing really shines in this game. Yakuza 0 is actually my favourite game this generation thus far. It didn't just rejuvenate my love for the series, it surpassed other greats from this gen for me like Gravity Rush and Bloodborne.

And yes Orange, it actually enhances Yakuza 1's storyline as well thanks to the events of Yakuza 0.

And yeah 0's ending with Majima was actually the only one in the series to actually make me choke up too. I wanted to give Majima a hug, haha. Poor guy. Such a melancholic, and yet beautiful ending.
by Henry Spencer
Tue May 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can see why quite a few people choose colorful text. The grey on grey isn't the best. What if I typed in purple?
I used to use a light green text like this which is what the forums here had circa 2003 but it doesn't show up well on Tapatalk which is what I use to access the forum on my phone. :cry:
by Bambi
Wed May 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 & X1 Physical Preorders?

Welp... I did it.

I now have two copies of Shenmue HD on preorder. Amazon has been iffy as of late on their preorders so I went ahead and preordered at my local Gamestop as well. Whichever starts heading my direction first will be the one that I pick up.

As a perspective... I've never... ever... preordered the same game from two locations. This is a first for me regardless that I won't be purchasing both.
by Telekill
Thu May 03, 2018 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question regarding Gamertag options in under control pan

We can go with Switch FC. I'm not a Nintendo owner so is that what it's called yea?
by Peter
Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question regarding Gamertag options in under control pan

There we go.

We hadnt changed the old Wii U custom profile since the forums will be upgraded in the very near future (more info coming soon) but for now, that's changed so fire away Switch users.

Also, feel free to use another colour of text, but one that's easy on the eyes. A few give off a haze that makes them hard to read. Some have tried to use that colour in the past but it's not worth it in the long run.
by Peter
Thu May 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega Genesis/Megadrive Classics

Surprised there wasn't already a thread for this already (or at least I couldn't find one). Anyways, "Complete list of titles" from Amazon

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien Soldier
Alien Storm
Altered Beast
Beyond Oasis
Bio-Hazard Battle
Bonanza Bros.
Columns
Columns III: Revenge of Columns
Comix Zone
Crack Down
Decap Attack
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Dynamite Headdy
ESWAT: City Under Siege
Fatal Labyrinth
Flicky
Gain Ground
Galaxy Force II
Golden Axe
Golden Axe II
Golden Axe III
Gunstar Heroes
Kid Chameleon
Landstalker
Light Crusader
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
Ristar
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Shining Force
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier II
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Super Thunder Blade
Sword of Vermilion
The Revenge of Shinobi
ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron
ToeJam & Earl
Vectorman
Vectorman 2
Virtua Fighter 2
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Wonder Boy in Monster World

I'm happy with them adding Space Harrier 2, Sword of Vermilion, Alien Soldier, and Gunstar Heroes, but I have to say I'm triggered beyond belief that they didn't add the english version of Monster World IV that they released on last gen consoles. If they don't bring back the unlockable arcade games then I'm probably not going to buy it, and in particular I'm really hoping they add the arcade version of Thunder Blade.

... I guess what I'm really getting at here is Sega REALLY needs to release an arcade collection already.
by dietsoap
Sat May 05, 2018 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

https://s1.wampi.ru/2018/05/08/cobra-kai-cobra-kai-series_youtube-red_-may-2_rgb.jpg

I binge-watched Cobra Kai yesterday.

It's not a cheap crash grab like many people feared. It does have some of that 80s cheesiness feel, but it's just the right amount without veering into forced or pandering territory. The writing is pretty good and the characters act human. It's not just a black and white role reversal where Johnny's solely the good guy and Daniel's the bully the whole time. It's a nuanced take where you can see why each guy did what he did. The show takes place over a year, but it's not great at getting the passage of time across, so some of the character development can seem rushed (especially towards the last few episodes). The fight scenes for better or worse are basically the same caliber as the original movies, since the actors as far as I know are all amateurs.

If you liked Karate Kid even a little bit, you should watch it. First two episodes are free, and there's a free trial for Youtube Red for the rest of the episodes, which you can always cancel before they charge you.
by Calshot
Tue May 08, 2018 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish the amiibo unlocked Link outfits either had better stats, or were easier to upgrade. Such as it is the regular old blue tunic is better. I would mind it a lot less if farming those twilight things that fall out of the sky wasn't such a chore when upgrading your outfits to level 4 quality.
by Sonikku
Sat May 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Double post, sorry and all that, don't ban me!

But I got a Nintendo Switch and Mario Odyssey for my birthday. The console is fantastic, so small and easy to get started. The game itself is a masterpiece. Best Mario game I've played since Super Mario 64, for me (yeah, I played Galaxy, not my thing, although I'm willing to give it another shot now I am loving Odyssey so much). The levels are incredibly fun to play and I did a session on Friday that was 4 hours straight, just lost track of time. It's one of those kind of games.

Also got Shadow of Rome (PS2) off my brother. This game is just amazing as well. Such a fun cinematic experience from Capcom (the Onimusha devs made this and you can tell). I'm a good few hours into the game now and honestly feel like this has got to be one of the most underrated Capcom games of all time. Without a shadow (heh) of a doubt! Such a shame it's so forgotten nowadays and won't be getting a remaster since it bombed so hard for Capcom.
by Henry Spencer
Sun May 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^^Funny, just today I can across one, got a prompt to activate it, and all it said was "(fire extinguisher)."
Figured it was something that would come into play later on, but it's good to know I should remember them.
by OL
Fri May 18, 2018 4:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Me neither, but apparently people were whining about... framerate drops or something?
I dunno. Whatever it was, they cleared it up later with patches, but supposedly there were some small graphical sacrifices made in order to get it running smoothly. But there was a big hooplah about it for a while. Ya know how gamers can be.
by OL
Fri May 18, 2018 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Got a model kit for the first time in ages.

I bet it'll look great when finished. :D
by Sonikku
Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They make me think specifically of Pizza Hut.

Got a model kit for the first time in ages.

https://i.imgur.com/VUa6b1Y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MbRBzvh.jpg

I bet it'll look great when finished. :D

Kudos for getting Heavyarms. Always struck me as the most underrated of Gundam Wing's mecha (my friends in highschool all seemed to prefer the rest of them), but always remained my favorite.
Wish I had more time for model kit stuff. Dorky as hell hobby, but it's always fun and satisfying. Just takes freakin forever if you plan on going all out (with paint and glue and sanding and all that).
by OL
Sat May 19, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haruto wrote: Who knew you could be nostalgic about cups? If you were in the US and grew up in the 80s and early 90s you may remember these.

I remember having those in the late 90s in the UK
by south carmain
Sat May 19, 2018 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fun With Screenshots (Post Yours)

^^Merged the new topic with the old one. Changed the title to your new one, just so it's clear I'm not favoring "my" topic or anything silly like that. It's a good idea to resurrect either way. I'll pop back in with some later.
by OL
Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holy balls! After the excellent Wild Guns Reloaded remake they are hinting at another remake and some ERA users pointing out the logo is similar to Ninja Warriors! My god I hope it's true. The arcade game I hope and not the SNES sequel.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wild-guns-reloaded-team-working-on-a-new-remake.43467/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=296&v=OFjv6_p7qRE
Seems like it probably will be Ninja Warriors Again, since apparently the devs of Wild Guns Reloaded actually made that back in the day (their site doesn't mention the original Ninja Warriors, but it does show the SNES game).
Always liked it just for graphics and concept's sake, but yeah, it wasn't the greatest of games. The good thing is though, they've already shown they can outright improve on old games like this what with Wild Guns being the way it is. I look forward to seeing what they do with Ninja Warriors.
by OL
Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your captured video game screenshots (merged)

Few new shots. As before, spoiler tags are just there to keep the post from taking up too much space. No spoilers present, really.

The ones from Atelier Sophie might not seem like much, but I made a little game for myself; there's usually dialogue on-screen at all times, so I've been trying to time my presses of the share button just right so I catch the images in the split-second between when a dialogue box disappears and the next appears. Tough getting it right, but they look great when you do. I like how the characters in Gust's games really "pop" against the backgrounds. They certainly aren't triple-A, but they tend to look nice anyway.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/296hpvp.jpg

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2ev97vm.jpg

Some Dishonored 2 ones. Like my ones for the first Dishonored, none of this is from cutscenes or anything; It's all in-game angles with the HUD dropped. I like how they turned out.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/x4hzrc.jpg
http://oi67.tinypic.com/2yzkj83.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/35lf312.jpg

Kazuma never killed nobody. No sir.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/34o2c5f.jpg

I just liked the setting for this one.
http://oi66.tinypic.com/egrdc2.jpg

This is just from a cutscene in Nioh, but I liked how it looked anyway. Wallpaper-worthy. Still absolutely love that Yuki-Onna was a boss in this.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/5kf6t3.jpg
by OL
Mon May 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your captured video game screenshots (merged)

Ha, speaking of Zone of the Enders...
The demo for the ZOE2 remaster came out today, so as I was checking that out I just started clicking the share button to take shots, and made a weird little discovery (which I'm sure has been seen by others before, but I was unaware).
During close-range combos, Jehuty's arm "stretches" at the joint to about three times its normal size (you can see how the texture is blurrier than everything else on screen). Kind of an interesting detail, something done to exaggerate the action during those split-second animations I guess. Never would have seen it without being able to take my own shots.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2im45g3.jpg
http://oi63.tinypic.com/16kq3px.jpg

Game looks gorgeous by the way, even in regular ol' 1080p. I don't have 4k or VR, but this thing is still spiffy enough to warrant another purchase from me.
by OL
Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ Can't blame them. People tend to be mesmerized on graphics and plot over anything else, trying hard to tie games' cinematic value as close to film, and so validating their hobby as art.

Haven't played it yet, but the vibes I'm getting from the game are the same ones I got from playing Horizon Zero Dawn, terrific on presentation but only okay everywhere else.
by sand4fish
Thu May 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New (old) Shenmue Online gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIub0Ok5zQs

So I was digging around the internet, and found some gameplay footage from Shenmue Online that I had never seen before. I thought it was the TGS 2005 footage, but it is different. Apparently, this is from T2 Technology Holdings' 2005 strategic conference on November 15th, 2004. Interesting stuff.

Source: http://bak1.beareyes.com.cn/2/lib/200411/25/20041125198.htm
by Supa
Wed May 30, 2018 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #82: Shenhua finds her voice! JP VO begins.

Nakamura is also the composer of the original Virtua Fighter and a load of other AM2 games (as well as non-AM2 games like Ehrgeiz & Lumines).
It'd be great if he composed some music for Shenmue 3, his most recent composition work was on Yuji Naka's game Rodea the Sky Soldier, which had that really good classic SEGA sound, lots of upbeat electronic music that evokes that blue skies feel. He's a really good synth composer. At least we know the sound should be on point now (of course, we knew about Iuchi who is also really good).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c-Rda9I7mg&index=8&list=PLx5ZE9FYUWsiyTFt8wpeSLheB4fsrt53G
by Henry Spencer
Sat May 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

The Strain. I thought at first I disliked how The master looked but once they dumped him and went the generic route I would welcome back the giant version of him with the cool grim reaper like cloak.

the strain was a good show, i enjoyed it. i had to buy the last season from itunes as it got dropped here in the uk.

i really liked ash vs the evil dead. sucks it got cancelled..

shows currently watching/ following

plebs
timeless
high and dry
brooklyin 99
big bang theory
Genius - picasso (Genius -einstein was good. would like to see a series based on Nicola Tesla)
superstore
the walking dead

- i was a fan of "the americans" but because of uk tv dropping it, i missed several seasons.. probably have to rewatch it over again ](*,)
by redline
Thu May 31, 2018 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Sony E3 Leak! [Mod note: It's absolutely not re

That reads like a fanboys wet dream list. Vanquish 2? DMC5? RE2 Remake? Splinter Cell? MGS3 Remake? Beyond Good and Evil 2 Gameplay? Yakuza Kiwami 2 given time on Sony's E3 stage? PS2 and PS3 Backwards Compatibility? Shenmue 3 Gameplay? FFVII Remake LAUNCH Trailer?

Most of those are just...lol.
by Henry Spencer
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible Sony E3 Leak! [Mod note: It's absolutely not re

The logic want after the first Gameplay Trailer all games realase after one year minimum. Shenmue 3 have nothing, when the first (and true) beautiful and official trailer (not technical video) will be show at E3 2019 you can be sure the game will be realase after one year minimum. If you check all statistics of all videos games you will consider and discover the true about Shenmue 3 realase.

And what if the first GAMEPLAY TRAILER comes out in 2018?

I don't get this obsession with E3. There are other events in the gaming industry.
by Kiske
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DMCV announced at MS E3 show

Ewwww. Looks like Scalebound even down to that "attitude" and corny feel to the dialogue.
by Henry Spencer
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DMCV announced at MS E3 show

Yeah, this is, uh... disappointing.
I'll just get out of the way that I hate that girl. HATE her. Jesus christ, that's gonna be one annoying-ass character to have around for a whole game.
Having Nero around is fine (I loved DMC4, screw the haters), but there's something about these modern graphics that bothers the hell out of me. Is it weird to say that I don't like how realistic the people look? There was always a very videogame-specific type of stylization to the characters in past generations, but now that the graphics are more realistic... I dunno, it just saps a bit of the likability away.
I've also never seen so many smug little shit-eating grins in one trailer before.
And the gameplay looks pretty meh.

And what the fuck kind of crappy music is that? What happened to the Zombie-influenced industrial freak-metal they always had before? That shit defined DMC before, but in this trailer they showcase some shitty electro-pop?
Ugh.
by OL
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic