Search found 175 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 In UK Games Magazines

Just wanted to thank Yokosuka for those french scans! I can't read any of it, but they seem to be proud of the fact that possibly a good chunk of the project feels french if not only for Cedric and his company being involved and the co-producer!

Awesome stuff, especially that Yu Suzuki timeline scan :) thanks!
by James Brown
Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Paypal Update... Sort Of

Or it could just be that around a week ago, we all threw a combined total of 6.3 mil at them, and they are in no real hurry to get the Paypal page up because they know we're all currently broke :)
by James Brown
Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

theMediumStream playing Shenmue 1

Hey guys, watched this dude play Shenmue 1 and 2 a while back, and he's playing through them again. Today he's starting Shenmue 1, and he's currently live. Really cool guy, deserves way more viewers than he gets, but he's very friendly, and communicates really well with everyone. Check him out if you see this within the next 2 hours, as he only usually streams for bursts of 2 hours between 2 and 4 pm UK time.

http://www.twitch.tv/themediumstream
by James Brown
Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Potential Shenmue 3 Joke In Shenmue 2 :D

:???: didn't see, or get a joke...
probably me?!
the impression i got, was a friendly warning.
could take your entire life: difficult path.
only kidding, but do watch out for wolves: bandits and hoodlums.
at least that's how it reads this end.
if it's a genuine joke, i missed it, still do.
thanks for sharing anyway! :mrgreen:

Haha, it just comes across as funny now we've been waiting 14 years for Shenmue 3. I was making the point that the trip to Bailu Village could take 2 days, or your entire life :D...most people never expected to ever reach there, but now we'll finally get there, but it didn't take us 2 days, or our entire life, it was 17 and a half years :D
by James Brown
Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TGS 2015 - Too Early?

According to Sega Nerds, Sega's line up has been announced. There are 2 rumored surprises aswell...we'll have to see what those will be. Not much from the list strikes me as Sega changing their ways and being more fan driven though, although they have announced a large amount of games, how many of these will see the light of day over here is another story though.

http://www.seganerds.com/2015/09/10/tgs-2015-segas-game-lineup-merch-booth-information/

Some of the merch looks cool though, looks like a set of badges and a Dreamcast 2016 Calender! Would love to get these as both features Shenmue. Even just the little Shenmue button, I don't know if anyone on the forum is attending, but if they happen to get a few Shenmue buttons, please send one my way :D

http://i2.wp.com/www.seganerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/goods_150911_08.jpg?resize=271%2C213

http://i1.wp.com/www.seganerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/goods_150911_09_01.gif?resize=202%2C134 http://i0.wp.com/www.seganerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/goods_150911_09_03.gif?resize=202%2C134
by James Brown
Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For anyone going TGS, there's meant to be a Shenmue tshirt aswell :-o

by James Brown
Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: my shenmue tattoo

Kaze518 wrote: My Chi You Men tattoo Image

Love that dude, looks perfect!
by James Brown
Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Prototype

Just seen this on ebay -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEGA-Dreamcast-Shenmue-Prototype-Early-US-version-with-full-DEBUG-menus-/262050942421?hash=item3d03740dd5

Anyone even know this existed? I really wanna try it out...hopefully if someone wins it from here, they could upload the image files for us all to try :)?
by James Brown
Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Prototype

Yeah i'll be happy as long as whoever gets this epic piece will be able to share it so we can all have some fun with it before Shenmue 3 :), it'd be such a shame for it to go to someone with the intention of just having it for themselves, with people like shengoro, if there is a bicylce still in the game, could probably mod the definitive Shenmue 1, Japanese dub, english subs, with bike and coca cola machines :D
by James Brown
Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Himuro wrote: So last summer when they said they were going to reveal stuff for renewed fan trust, were they talking about the RGG 1 remake because if so...

Looking at it now, I think they were talking about Merch lol...they've gone nostalgia on the merch...not so much on the games.
by James Brown
Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is Shenmue 1 so different to the sequel?

I agree also, I love Shenmue 2 to bits aswell but Shenmue 1's emotion and flow is why i fell in love with the series, the story in 2 is great however, and I appreciate the game for sheer size and length of the game.

It's weird in a way that they were meant to have been worked on at the same time, as evident in the Sega Saturn footage that had Shenmue 2 gameplay shown, yet they do feel completely different in the mechanics. I wonder if at some point Shenmue 2 did have more of the style of Shenmue 1, but they waited until Shenmue 1 was released to judge the direction of Shenmue 2. They probably had feedback about saving and waiting around from people who played the first game, and then decided to add the additional features for example.
by James Brown
Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's Shenmue: Article about the saga's history

Holy fuck dude, that page is amazing, it's going to take me like a week to get through all that content haha :D

Great job man!
by James Brown
Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dual Shockers Yu Suzuki Interview

Giuseppe Nelva just tweeted his interview he did with Yu Suzuki in Tokyo. (https://twitter.com/Abriael/status/656535210645958660)

Here is the interview:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/20/shenmue-iii-interview-yu-suzuki-talks-gameplay-tech-romance-ps4-pc-frame-rate-and-much-more/

Short video explaining AI Battle System -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDwmhk7PcTA
by James Brown
Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UPDATED Sega 200K Followers Avatars and Paper Craft!

UPDATE - MORE AVATARS ADDED - http://www.megafileupload.com/5nyd/Sega_200K_Followers_Pack.rar?pt=Ob1HoNG39FGmXBsiqGry9i46la19hTrxxmme4zysipE%3D

http://i.imgur.com/wuM3KSb.jpg

Hey guys, Sega of Japan just posted this tweet - https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/656355565526872065

Which links to a new web page they just created - http://sns.sega.jp/201510-200k/

http://sns.sega.jp/201510-200k/img/151.png

230 awesome nostalgic avatars to use, phone wallpaper for iPhone and Android devices and the best bit, amazing Paper Craft of consoles and stuff! My favourite being the Crazy Taxi cab :D!

http://sns.sega.jp/sp/dl/crazytaxi_s.jpg

Anyways, I painstakingly right clicked and save as'd every image on the site, and zipped them up in a .rar file for ease of download - http://www.megafileupload.com/5nyd/Sega_200K_Followers_Pack.rar?pt=Ob1HoNG39FGmXBsiqGry9i46la19hTrxxmme4zysipE%3D

Enjoy, just click the big "SLOW DOWNLOAD" button below :)
by James Brown
Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: China interview with Yu Suzuki (Nov 19)

Maybe after starting development he's realised that it's actually easier than it used to be back in the day to make a game. He said in that recent presentation in china, because of the newer engines he felt that anyone could make a game. He also said that he was going to make the forest bigger from 2x2km to 4x4km or whatever. Maybe he is just finding it easier to make an expansive open world with Unreal Engine 4?

Also I really think it's safe to say that Yu is not considering the boat chapter as chapter 2 anymore since it never surfaced as the chapter, so he's pushed the chapters forward a number. So Shenmue 1 - Chapter 1, Shenmue 2 - 2/3/4, Shenmue 3 - 5/6. Maybe's Bailu Village is still being considered as chapter 4, even though it starts Shenmue 3 off, maybe the next official chapter isn't until Baisha or Choubu?
by James Brown
Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New interview with Cedric Biscay (Sega Nerds)

Hey guys just read a really good interview with Cedric on Sega Nerds:

http://www.seganerds.com/2015/11/23/interview-biscay-discusses-shenmue-iiis-development-fan-reactions/

He makes some very interesting details, such as thinking that it's extremely important to have a I & II HD remaster before III, and then goes on to say a big update at Monaco Magic in one of the following questions - possibly could we link two and two together :D?

Good read anyways :)
by James Brown
Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slacker Backer PayPal - No confirmation email??

I'm wondering if you buy something from the Paypal campaign
will they just ship it to your confirmed address,or send you the survey asking where you want it shipped
like the Kickstarter version will.

Think they'll ask because I ordered an extra tshirt, and there was no option for which size I wanted.
by James Brown
Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slacker Backer PayPal - No confirmation email??

(This is not directed at you, Hyo. Just saying.)

The slacker backer campaign was never meant to bring in another $6.000.000, now was it? A few very loud people in the Kickstarter comments and on message boards/Youtube/Facebook were desperately screaming at the top of their lungs for the option to give money via Paypal, and they got that option. And that's all it was and is, another payment option for everyone being late to the party. The vast majority of people willing to give money to this did so during the 30 days of the Kickstarter campaign. It's really no big deal. Yu was willing to make the game with $2.000.000 from the crowd. Now he's doing it with almost $6.500.000. I don't get why people are shitting their pants over this.

Generally speaking I don't get why 90% of you guys are shitting their pants over pretty much everything that's happening or not happening. You keep worrying so much and asking for so much more than is reasonable to ask for, instead of simply being pleased for once. We have so much reason to be pleased, yet you somehow manage to see the worst in everything, again and again. Isn't that exhausting?

I think everyone is just shitting themselves because finally after 15 years our favourite game series is returning and everyone just wants it to go smoothly. If it keeps people sane by receiving a progress update once a month from a team that's getting paid for so far seemingly very little, I think it's within reason for them to type a 5 minute email update once a month. People will have concerns over every little aspect because it feels like it could of been so much better, of course we don't have the final outcome which could be the greatest video game ever created, but right now, when it's in no finished state, and the last chance to help the series continue to the best of it's ability is quite frankly being completely overlooked by the people in dire need of the money - people have every right to shit themselves :).
by James Brown
Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4Gamer: Short interview with Yu Suzuki

I thought the new Terminator film was great actually! Maybe Yu would too, so no need to tweet him telling him to not watch something that you didn't happen to like.
by James Brown
Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

AJ have just been poor in general overall, I mean, look at the images they're using to promote the game, they look like copy and paste jobs using paint, all of the images apart from the original artwork are extremely over the top and poor. I bet the font for Shenmue 3 is something they chose aswell, it seems to be littered against everything they touch and if you notice anything that Yu Suzuki does to promote the game uses the original Shenmue font. I hate the new font, and I don't think it's licensing issues, I just think it's a straight up lazy job AJ are doing that they can't spare a few minutes to change all the images that they've already "produced". That happy new year cartoon animation is a joke...what have monkey heads got to do with anything? Just looks like they've grabbed random clip art images and added 2 or 3 frames of movement to them. The new website, imo looks worse than the old one, they are covering up "Shenmue 3" in the only cool looking part of the site - the oversized video - with the new column on the right handside (atleast on my browser) and also for today atleast, it's incredible slow. They always make spelling and grammatical errors, and i'm not saying that I never make errors, but i'm not being paid to write this post.
by James Brown
Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a ridiculous overreaction some posters are having to this. Sure, it could have been handled better but I think people are forgetting what the big picture is here.

People are overreacting definitely, but just had this conversation from a friend which shows how damanging this news has been and this will have effected more people in a similar way -

[18:20:15] Eric: Wow... Yu Suzuki is actually going back on his word regarding giving PayPal donors the same stuff as kickstarter donors, even though he said they would?
[18:35:25] James Brown: it's not yu suzuki
[18:35:35] James Brown: it's awesome japan - who aren't very awesome
[18:35:52] James Brown: and they pay pal donors are getting the same stuff
[18:36:11] Eric: Heh?
[18:36:19] James Brown: it was just a question of whether or not they would get even more of the kickstarter stuff, like the face in the game exclusives, and stuff like that
[18:36:39] James Brown: every reward on the paypal site is the same tiers as the kickstarter
[18:36:48] James Brown: and they've been the same since the paypal went live
[18:37:24] Eric: Greg just told me about how they did a poll... And they went with the minority of whatever the poll was for lol
[18:37:35] James Brown: yeah they did, which was stupid
[18:37:44] James Brown: but that was awesome japan not yu suzuki
[18:37:52] James Brown: they're awful lol
[18:38:10] James Brown: but basically the poll was for the extra kickstarter rewards that they didn't list on the paypal site
[18:38:43] James Brown: such as the international phone card dlc, or the kickstarter exclusive sleeve for the game, or your name on a Chinese plaque in the game, just stuff like that
[18:39:11] Eric: Man this is so stupid
[18:39:27] James Brown: they shouldn't have even mentioned it really, but in doing so, they offered up the idea to people who missed out on kickstarter
[18:39:30] James Brown: so they gave them a poll
[18:39:43] James Brown: and 4000+ said no to letting paypal people have their rewards added
[18:39:48] James Brown: 4000+ said yes
[18:39:56] Eric: I am glad I didn't end up contributing because I was already mad before... Now I would be super ticked off lol
[18:39:57] James Brown: and 10,000 said they don't care
[18:40:13] James Brown: so basically because the yes or no options were very similar
[18:40:39] James Brown: they felt that there was too much demand for the fans that pledged in the kickstarter that they wanted their rewards to be exclusive
[18:40:44] James Brown: I can see where they were coming from
[18:40:59] James Brown: but in theory, technically, it was the minority group
[18:41:13] Eric: This poll makes their word meaningless.
[18:41:17] Eric: Because they already made promises.
[18:41:28] James Brown: but yeah, even though it was the minority, they still felt that there was too many people who wouldn't be happy
[18:41:28] Eric: It is not right.
[18:41:41] James Brown: they didn't make any promises for the extra rewards
[18:41:46] James Brown: that's what the poll was for
[18:42:17] James Brown: people have taken it out of context thinking that all the rewards on the paypal site aren't going to be fulfilled
[18:42:22] Eric: Greg and I think this is probably a way to grab more money without having to actually spend money on extra resources and admin. Which is shameful.
[18:42:40] James Brown: but they meant the kickstarter exclusive stuff...you know what I mean?
[18:42:51] Eric: According to them they DID make a promise.
[18:43:03] James Brown: nah not at all, infact it's the opposite
[18:43:20] James Brown: if they'd have just added those extra kickstarter rewards they would be looking to make more money
[18:43:32] Eric: "Considering the strong response from those of you who felt that the Exclusive Rewards should remain exclusive for the Kickstarter, those Exclusive Rewards will not be made available on the PayPal page as originally promised."
[18:43:36] Eric: Where did this come from?
[18:43:39] James Brown: which part did you think they promised about?
[18:43:56] James Brown: yeah that's just bad wording
[18:44:01] Eric: Lol
[18:44:34] James Brown: they didn't promise that they would definitely make the exclusive rewards available, they wanted to see what the response from the people who backed in the kickstarter wanted
[18:44:50] James Brown: the poll was only sent via email to the kickstarter pledgers
[18:45:18] James Brown: and because a large chunk of people said no, that's why they wanted to be faithful
[18:47:33] Eric: There is nothing you could tell me right now that would convince me that this is a group of people who know what they are doing. This is wrong on many levels...
[18:48:33] James Brown: I agree, but it's not Yu Suzuki, the team responsible for the kickstarter and the emails and messages, and all the crappy images they're using, the font, and spelling errors etc are Awesome Japan
[18:48:36] James Brown: who everyone hates
[18:48:46] James Brown: and wish they'd have fired them after the original twitch stream
[18:48:48] James Brown: which was horrible
[18:49:05] James Brown: but the fact is you get everything you want out of pledging towards the kickstarter / paypal
[18:49:10] James Brown: you get the game
[18:49:25] James Brown: you're paying for the game, whether you do it now or when it's released
[18:49:37] James Brown: but if you buy it right now, the funds will help Yu make the game better
[18:49:43] Eric: Yu Suzuki can do something about this.
[18:49:49] James Brown: he might
[18:49:55] James Brown: cedric Biscay is on the fans side
[18:50:07] James Brown: and he's spoken before about the poorness of awesome japan on certain things
[18:50:11] James Brown: they'll fix this
[18:50:15] James Brown: but the damage is already done
[18:50:20] James Brown: hence yours and gregs reaction
[18:50:20] Eric: Sounds to me like if you buy it the funds will just go towards dlc that you will also have to buy again -_-
[18:50:46] Eric: I am very angry about it.
[18:51:58] James Brown: lol not sure where you get that from, they're shouldn't be any dlc, the only reward that was "dlc" in a sense was the kickstarter exclusive where you can dial friends and family from the first 2 games and have a little conversation with them. if it's such a big dlc it won't be blocked from everyone, but that by no means means they are going down an ea route
by James Brown
Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The positive thing is that probably, 70'000 backers will have to buy a copy anyway if they want to play Shenmue 3 before Shenmue 4 comes out. This will help the game sales for sure! :mad: ( :sad: )

Yeah i'm already down for PC copy and 2 PS4 copies, but i'm definately gonna buy it digitally midnight of the release!

If i am not wrong AJ i also responsible for shipping the rewards.....Imagine when the time finally comes and you are waiting for the precious rewards to come to your home...you are thinking "finally after all those years , any day now the package should arrive" and then you see your neighbor wearing Ryo's jacket and a shenmue 3 shirt :twisted: :twisted: DAMN YOU AJ!!! :lol: :lol:

Oh god...I hope they don't stick all their "works of art" from the campaign all over the merch and that horrible new Shenmue 3 font they're using. I want the art book and capsule toys etc to be professionally made as though you'd have bought this merch direct from Sega or something. I can just imagine receiving the box for the capsule toys and it's covered in those horrible hand drawn clip art looking chai shenhua and ryo on a forklift truck images :(
by James Brown
Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The biggest problem here is the poor wording AJ have used in there kickstarter update, which has made people who aren't in the know like us, think that what they're actually saying is as bad as it reads. So everyone spreading the false information has literally read that line as non of the rewards will be offered to Paypal backers. As in, everyone who has already backed using the Paypal site can just wave bye to their money and they won't even get the game. That's the way the information is being spread around at the moment. I tried to correct every comment on that Polygon link, because the response from users was so naive it's untrue, but unfortunately I guess some automated system banned me for "spamming", so non of my replies have stood.

It's a shame this is happening, because it is truely damaging, it's not just this one news website, and it's not even the others, it's the combination of them all, and the users that are reading this misinformation who then in turn spread it aswell. This is literally a complete fuck up by AJ, and it's crazy that it hasn't been corrected by now. Everything seems to take them so long. Why are they allowing the game, and the campaign to be shat on like this, the internet is full enough of trolls in general, but feeding them something like this to farm off, and not trying to stop it, makes them seem plausible.

I know it's disgusting the way these sites and news outlets work looking for clickbait, and right now I wouldn't expect them to report any good things about the project, or if AJ had corrected the misinformation, I wouldn't expect them to make a big headline about it, they're only looking for the negatives of course...I don't know if this particular story is fixable right now - but they haven't even tried as of yet which is making the whole situation rather stressful, watching random people bash the game series based on something that isn't remotely affecting the quality of the game.
by James Brown
Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is getting completely out of hand now, i'm seeing more and more clickbait news sites and people talking about how no one is receiving their rewards if they backed via paypal. Everyone reading and watching these stories are taking this as the truth and spreading their own hate towards the game. It's really getting on my tits now. Just seen this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfEvJ3VYQPs - and while I don't want to give them views and clicks, these videos need down votes and comments to correct the false bullshit they're getting in gamers heads. We're going to have a really poor launch if every new potential player writes the game off without playing it because of all the "bad" things they heard about it while it was being made. If you do go on that video and see my comment (username TheSkillJim), upvote my comment aswell so it gets higher up for people to see.
by James Brown
Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Official Shenmue T-shirts from Insert Coin!

http://i.imgur.com/Dhs84Wj.png

Wow didn't even realise they were releasing more t-shirts but how awesome are these!?

https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/shenmue/

For anyone looking at buying some of these, they have 3 guy fits and 3 girl fits you can buy right now.

They have an offer running atm where you get 3 tshirts for the price of 2, which is great in this case :D.

There is also a promo code Sega Europe have tweeted for an extra 15% off - AGES15

Each tshirt is priced at £22, and with the 2 offers applied you can buy all 3 t-shirts for £40.90 including the £3.50 postage cost. Pretty sweet deal considering the prices on this website are usually on the higher side.

There's also 1 cool looking t-shirt that is currently only available for pre-order. I haven't personally bought this one yet, but I got the other 3.

Here are some pictures of the shirts:

Men:
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/media/images/products/t/419_1.jpg
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/media/images/products/t/421_1.jpg
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/media/images/products/t/423_1.jpg

Women:
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/media/images/products/t/420_1.jpg
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/media/images/products/t/422_1.jpg
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/media/images/products/t/424_1.jpg

Preorder Shirt:
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/media/images/products/t/418_1.jpg
https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/media/images/products/tn/418_4.jpg
by James Brown
Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3:My Final Thoughts

Not sure how you can say that the continuation of the story would be predictable, did you even complete Shenmue 2?...the ending of that was so far from the rest of the story who knows what Suzuki had in mind.

I think this whole topic was just a anger induced bitter taste after probably reading a click bait media news wesbite about how you won't receive any rewards via Paypal anymore. If you even come back to your own topic and read the replies, please be rest assured that everyone else is talking out of their arse and nothing has changed to the Paypal, extra rewards generally for the even higher teirs that were on the kickstarter are simply not going to be added to the current list on Paypal because a strong amount of people for some stupid reason voted no in the poll.
by James Brown
Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016

Oh man, every time I see a new screenshot, i'm reminded of how beautiful the look and feel this game is going to be!

Thanks for the screenshots :)
by James Brown
Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could we have made 10M?

I reckon if the clickbait media hadn't have gotten involved with awful reporting a few times throughout those original days we'd have gotten more aswell.
by James Brown
Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Could we have made 10M?

Ten million is a long way from seventy million as well, and the budget comparisons didn't subside when the total more than tripled its goal.

It's amazing actually that in the same breath the media will decry the "shadiness" of additional backing from private investors while also bleating that "you can't make a quality game with $6m." They can't even remember what their objection's supposed to be from the beginning of a sentence to the end.

True dude, yeah you're probably right, even at $10 mil they'd have still compared it to $70. Guess we can't win regardless, but i'm still buzzing with what we achieved anyways, so $6.5mil, $10 mil, whatever it's going to be a great game because it's being made by Yu Suzuki for all the right reasons. It's not a cash cow, it's a love for something.
by James Brown
Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue. A love letter (Remix album)

That sucks LanDC.

Even worse, track 49 is Reuben Kee! The much loved piano player on youtube who sadly passed away. This Patrem guy blatantly stole his piece and is trying to benefit from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN4QFpKauq0

Very distasteful :(

Anyone know who to email / target about this guy? Would Sega be at all bothered?
by James Brown
Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Official Sega 24 Hour Live Charity Stream

Hey guys, if anyone wasn't aware Sega Europe are doing a 24 hour live charity stream in aid of Special Effect for Gameblast16, playing loads of different Sega classics! They're currently playing Vanquish and Sega Bass Fishing is the next game on the list.

You can watch at the following link - http://www.twitch.tv/sega

They are live right now, started an hour ago, so 23 hours to go :), nows your chance to directly ask your burning questions whilst they're playing :D

Games played so far:

Vanquish
Sega Bass Fishing
Toe Jam & Earl 1
Shinobi 3
Golden Axe 3
Gunstar Heroes
Super Monkey Ball
Alien Isolation
Typing of the Dead Overkill
NiGHTS Into Dreams
More Super Monkey Ball
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Sonic Adventure
Valkyria Chronicles
Tembo The Bad Ass Elephant
Warhammer 40K Space Marine
Virtua Fighter 5
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
The Cave
Sonic Adventure 2

Total amount raised: £1,047.73
by James Brown
Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Sega 24 Hour Live Charity Stream

Monkei wrote: Vanquish = :heart:

Can somebody ask about Shenmue HD please? And Skies of Arcadia HD and Jet Set Radio Future HD?

We'll need someone in who can read body language before asking to see if they're hiding anything, because they're bound to just say they can't say anything about it :D
by James Brown
Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Rikitatsu wrote: Someone refresh my memory, did Shenhua's house had electricity in Shenmue 2?

Looking at that bottom room pic from Shenmue 2 looks like it did, that's definately an electric light bulb if I ever saw one! ... I think 8-[
by James Brown
Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish I could post more, but my brain has literally flatland. It did a while ago during the day to be honest. I am going to try and get some sleep, fly home tomorrow, and then sit and try to type out anything I can remember from the past few days. It was so crazy, I haven't been able to do what all of you guys have been doing all day, and actually digesting the new information and images, as well as going nuts about them.

One thing I can remember and can be open about, is that when the "surprise" part of the confrence happened, and Cedric brought Suzuki-san back on stage, and the video of the Shenmue tree as well as the interior of Shenhuas home.... It legitimately almost brought me to tears. It's the best video I have seen yet, and I was unbelievably blown away by how faithfully it had been recreated, down to the last pot and pan. That blew my mind beyond words, and it's the video that has filled me with the most confidence about this game yet.

Peter, you're a legend mate! So really pleased for everyone in the Shenmue community today, it's brought us all closer again and literally created memories! For 15 long years of pain, every day where someone mentions Shenmue again is a day to cherish!

This is the closest I've come to believing in God again.

Yu Suzuki is god :)
by James Brown
Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great post Peter, I would have been the same as you aswell upon first seeing Yu Suzuki like that, pretending not to notice them haha :D!

Really appreciate everything you did on the day, everyone you met sounded great aswell, it's really cool to hear everyone being so nice and looking out for each other, and from the video footage we've seen so far David was also great on stage!

As happy as Ziming sure is above, with those fantastic photographs and signatures, I too am ecstatic to know such a great guy like Peter, who selflessly when limited to 2 items, still managed to go above and beyond and did his best to get my US Shenmue box signed aswell! I am eternally grateful, and also wish to thank the photographer for photos to also cherish :)

http://i.imgur.com/qox3Xkr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NB3KSP5.jpg

I've said thanks to Peter about 100 times now lol, but i'm sure anyone would!
by James Brown
Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA survey: Fill it in! AKA "Tell us you want Shenmue H

I absolutely poured my love for Sega into this survey and spent a good hour filling out all my thoughts and opinions. Although the end of the survey is mobile heavy, I think in a way aswell, they want to fully gauge how as fans of their company the mobile aspect is treating us. Since they mention so many old great games, it seems like they know what series and characters the fans do truely care about and want to see, and maybe atleast testing the water to see exactly which franchises are the most popular. I would have expected the majority of Sega fans to not give a fuck about mobile phone games, and if they meant what they said towards the end of last year about regaining their image, it's the fans they need to start catering for again. So i'm guessing they had alot of negative results in this section of their survey.

I just enjoyed going back in time and telling Sega how these games and franchises affected myself and my childhood and shaped the person I am today. I was sure to tell them how extremely emotionally attached I am to Shenmue in particular, and how much pain we all went through in those 14 years without any notion of a third game, up until it was announced when there was just sheer jubilation of emotions and literal tears lol.

I was rather surprised to find that Thomas Kalinske "liked" my tweet o0 - after checking what he had previously liked, nothing Sega related for a few days! Quite a privilege lol - https://twitter.com/SkillJim/status/704402721600831490
by James Brown
Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Must Have Games For Must Have Consoles

Mega Drive:

1. Sonic 1, 2, 3 + Knuckles
2. Toe Jam and Earl
3. Vectorman
4. Rocket Knight Adventures
5. Dynamite Headdy

Sega Saturn

1. NiGHTS into Dreams
2. Sonic R
3. Panzer Dragoon Saga
4. Clockwork Knight
5. Burning Rangers

Dreamcast

1. Shenmue 1/2
2. Sonic Adventure
3. Phantasy Star Online
4. Jet Set Radio
5. Sword of the Berserk Guts Rage

Original Xbox

1. Project Zero 2 Crimson Butterfly
2. Jet Set Radio Future
3. Panzer Dragoon Orta
4. Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast
5. Morrowind

Xbox 360:

1. Bayonetta
2. Sonic Generations
3. Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
4. After Burner Climax
5. Phantasy Star Universe

PS3:

1. Project Zero 3
2. Yakuza 5
3. Heavy Rain
4. Dragon's Crown
5. House of the Dead 4

Wii / U

1. Ghost Squad
2. Sonic Lost World
3. Sonic Colors
4. Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
5. Bayonetta 2
by James Brown
Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue title change

Call of Ryo: Chinese Warfare
by James Brown
Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Obviously waiting until tomorrow, to be in line with the 3rd of the 3rd, to add more excitement to this month's :)...hopefully they thought of that anyways haha.

Tomorrow is "Constitution Memorial Day" in Japan, according to the calendar posted by Switch.

Do you really think AJ are going to work? :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/L2buPG1.gif

"Day Off? Oh. Oh. Ok. Cool. Ok!"!

\:D/ GIMME GIMME GIMME \:D/ ...that updated counter!
by James Brown
Mon May 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #AskSEGA to #SaveShenmueHD

Nice to be the comment picked about the series :) Fairly pleased with the answer anyways, atleast it is in their thoughts! Something like Shenmue would be better announced at something like E3 rather than on Sega Europes youtube channel anyways, so in a way expected them to be cagey still, they're not gonna use that medium to reveal the game :)
by James Brown
Wed May 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

I think if Sega were going to announce Shenmue HD remakes, that Cedric would be at E3.

Hmm, not necessarily dude, I mean...correct me if i'm wrong, but was Cedric even at E3 last year when Shenmue 3 was actually announced? It was the Sony people and Yu Suzuki on that stage, no one outside of the tight nit Shenmue fans would really recognise him anyways for him to need to be at the event. Yu Suzuki is the face of the series, and he only really needs to be the one at the event for any type of Shenmue announcement imo, and Cedrics tweet doesn't mention Yu not being there 8)
by James Brown
Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

All these E3 conferences the same day + Euro 2016, that's cruel.

I missed the Microsoft conference since I am in the bar right now. Long story short, I said in my head if Ireland win then Shenmue 3 will definitely be shown tonight.

They drew 1-1. ](*,)

They scored both goals though, potential loophole? :P
by James Brown
Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Dreamcast Shenmue 2 Merchandise

Hey guys,

Not sure if any of you were aware, Forbidden Planet.com just released a line of Shenmue 2 items. At first I was skeptical if it was legit or not, but Dan Sheridan (Sega Community Manager) confirmed that the items were licensed by Sega.

You can see the full selection here - https://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=shenmue

There are 6 items in total.

T-Shirt -
https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/201172a.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

Mug -
https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/3668887.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

Coaster -
https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/3668818.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

Passport Holder -
https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/201166.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

Greeting Card -
https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/3668856.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

Travel Pass Holder -
https://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/3668948.jpg.size-600_maxheight-600_square-true.jpg

All the items are available to buy instore or via the website (although there is a £5.50 postage charge - atleast for my order).

Since this is a UK based company anyone outside of the UK might want to know their international shipping information.

Can you deliver internationally?

Yes, we can deliver orders outside the United Kingdom. If you are an EU resident, your postage rates are calculated for you at the checkout stage. If you are living outside Europe, please contact us and tell us which items you wish to buy. We will then provide you with a shipping quote based on the order’s weight, size and destination.

International packages can take 14-28 days for delivery.

Nice to keep seeing new merch like this can only help...they picked our franchise for a reason, because it'll sell? Haha!

They also have a similar Jet Set Radio and Dreamcast line, both really cool - infact the Jet Set Radio stuff looks the best imo :)
by James Brown
Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Dreamcast Shenmue 2 Merchandise

All my stuff came today and I made a short video showing the items in a little bit more detail for anyone interested.

https://youtu.be/6dVURlM2_U8

It's my new channel on Youtube, hoping to do some videos from time to time on Sega related things :), thanks in advance for anyone who checks it out! :heart:
by James Brown
Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic