Search found 653 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

I've visited other message boards in which many have stated they are waiting until the end to pledge. I was actually going to do that myself, but was bored on the 3rd and decided to pledge then to be part of that little campaign.

There are advantages to waiting. For one, you can see exactly how much money you have to cough up. And there's the perceived notion that there will be a surge at the end and it's fun to hold out and be part of that. And some can be expected to raise their pledge if possible (and hopefully outweigh anyone that may back out)

Since this is a high-profile Kickstarter that's been heavily reported on, the extra media attention that will surely come with the campaign's final days will only help that boost.

Stop worrying, folks. We've already made history :king:
by Lan Di-sama
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (Updated 07/07, Choubu Hostel)

Latest tweet from Yu Suzuki -

鳥舞旅社1F First floor of Choubu hostel
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJZWg9IUcAANxcI.jpg:large

I wish the small characters were easier to see...

Update: I've taken a stab at guessing what some of the text says, and uploaded it to the thread made by Peter here .
by Switch
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

2 seperate accounts, 2 separate orders.. should be fine for 1 credit card but ya, please get back to us about it James.
by Axm
Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are you looking forward to checking into Hotel Bird Danc

After squinting at the tiny characters for a while, I've taken a best guess at what some of them say. Nothing too revealing though, unfortunately!

http://i.imgur.com/bVc0XuJ.png

The other text was too blurry for me to guess, such as the clothes pole(?) in the inner garden area, and the name of the room at the bottom right.
by Switch
Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #29 - Dreams Come True - New Rewards

Just noticed the $160 reward has 20 capsule toy tickets, was that always there?

Yea it must have been Amir, because they said that once someone backs a tier they can't change the description for it.

"*Changes to Reward pledge buttons are not allowed after they are pledged for, so please see the "Rewards" section below for complete reward details"

Adding $1200 to all higher tiers, which they could easily do since apart from the physical calligraphy print all this content is just digital would definately mean the rest of those $1500 tiers would be snapped up imo, and then possibly might increase the $3000, and $4000 tiers aswell if everything higher included from the $1200 tier downwards.

I've messaged a bunch of people about this but still no response :/ Like you said, part from the calligraphy print it's all digital stuff so it wouldn't cost much more to implement.
by Amir
Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yo Videogames/Maximilian Dood

Toward the beginning of the campaign I sent an email to the channels Maximillian Dood/Yo Videogames asking for their support.

Matt just uploaded:
phpBB [video]
by LucBu
Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please share this alternative Shenmue III Kickstarter vi

Thank you guys for the congratulations. I will also address some of the things being asked.

Joel Tess from Awesome reached out to me via Youtube Messages and told me that Yu Suzuki had seen my video and loved it and that he wanted to use it on the Kickstarter page. Once I emailed him about it and said I'd love to do that, my video was shown to SEGA who requested that the arcade footage was taken out and that copyright notices were put in. (I also received request to change the logo but I'm unsure if that's Sega's doing of if it's a personal choice of Yu Suzuki). Once the final version was made I emailed it to Joel Tess who put it up on the page.

I was in touch with Dreamcaster's Tube when I first put the original video up and he said that he's ok with people using his footage as long as they credit him in the description. I'm not taking credit for his work.

"These goals can only be achieved through Kickstarter" is to encourage people to pledge and clear up the fact that Sony and others contributions likely wont be enough to cover any stretch goals.

Anyway, thank you guys for the amazing words. I never thought it would get this far and I feel really honored to be acknowledged by Yu Suzuki and Awesome Japan :D
by Jibby
Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue nostalgia

Vid I made back in the day, watch it again for that nostalgic feeling.
So glad of all the praise Shenmue has been getting recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGBHabhywwk
by Dragon Light
Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alternative Shenmue Kickstarter video now featured on K

It seems they were working on another video then. What finishing touches were they doing and for which video. Could not have been your video as you revised it. So maybe we can expect an upgraded main kick starter video. Makes sense to have it up by Friday so people are enticed to spend their hard earned weekly wage. :-)
Good point. They'll very likely be using a 3rd party to make their promotional videos so there are a lot of scenarios that are possible:
They might be having communication problems (timezones can be tricky, most of my emails to Joel Tess were sent at about 2am so that I could get a fast reply), the 3rd party might be behind schedule, or they are simply waiting until Friday like you said.
Hopefully we'll see it soon though!
by Jibby
Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #30 - Interview with Manabu Takimoto

I wasn't particularly aware that they took some of the people that worked on the game and used them as NPC's...I think I remember who this guy was, in sakuragaoka the small construction area near the phone booth where you kick a football in charlies face right?
That's right, and Hiroaki Takeuchi, who they interviewed previously, was used as one of the forklift drivers who works with Ryo :) (he drives Forklift no. 1 if I remember rightly)
by Miles Prower
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New to Shenmue

Hi! I am totally new to Shenmue but I loved everything I have read about it so far. I recently supported Shenmue III and I can't wait to play it!

I am wondering how I in the best/easiest way can get the backstory information I need to be able to enjoy Shenmue III fully? Should I watch all the cut scenes from the first game on YouTube (does it exists for Shenmue II as well?), or what should I do to get to know all the story of the game I need up to Shenmue III?

I have never really jumped into a game without being there from the start, so I am not really sure how to do it the best/easiest way and would like some help.

Sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum for my question.
by Aenae
Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

Yeah, i'm really going out of my way to get the $1500 for what I thought was going to be something so special and unqiue, and now they're using the same sort of idea and making rewards half the price. I don't know what to do now really, and it's not a good thing making us pick. Kickstarters usually the more you pay, you get everything below aswell. Now theirs too many individual tiers, that not only is it confusing to new backers, but it's proving hard to see where the real value is in what they are offering you. I want to stay with my photo in Choubo harbour, cause I still think that will have more impact than a cartoon drawing representation of myself on a capsule toy. They really need to just add the $1400 tier to the $1500 to stop people from dropping to these new lower tiers imo

Agreed. I think Awesome Japan have tried too hard to turn things around. To their credit, they had everyone calling them the worst names and practically running to their offices with pitchforks and they really have tried to do the best they can since and address people's criticisms. They were doing well. Were doing well.

Now it seems they've gone too far in the opposite direction and are just randomly throwing together as many random ass rewards together (and random tiers) as possible. It's confusing to new backers and existing backers. Some rewards are included in higher tiers and some aren't. It's also alienating to existing pledges who thought they had something special, but now it's been diluted by all the similar rewards that are less money. It'll probably make some people drop their pledges too.

In my opinion, they should have kept it simple, with each high tier reward including all the rewards below it.
by Reprise
Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lol following this kick starter is too stressful, I think i'll see what comes out of the #Youaskyu twitter questions and then stay away for a week lol.

I've done my bit with a $1500 pledge and a $80... while ElephantStone's pledge change is overly dramatic and disproportionate to the situation we can't deny they have gone way OTT with the tiers and caused damage to the KS...
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm just grateful the game is being made. Couldn't care less if the kickstarter is run badly. As long as the game has a decent budget that's all I care about. I can only pledge 1800 dollars and might increase on the last day but I would like to say is think of this as more like a Shenmue 3 charity where what you get back doesn't really matter. The rewards for me are just a bonus.

I have a similar point of view and sentiment for Kickstarter projects. I look at my pledge number as the max I can donate or contribute to make this happen. I do appreciate that they are offering me something in return like credits in the game and my name 1 or 2 places, but I also understand where backers can get confused and frustrated because it seems like the higher they donate, the fewer things they get credited or given back.

For example some of those new technique scroll tiers allow for the contributor to get exclusive (or seemingly exclusive) in-game content that someone pledging twice as much cannot get. Not only that but they also get to put their name in the hotel guest registry which was exclusive to the $1500 tier, $4000 tier, and some $10,000 tiers. Now, in terms of the $1500 tier, all that it has going for it is that those backers can have a signed photo of themselves in the game (nobody knows how that will look exactly). And the reasons why have not really been given or explained. And that's where it gets a bit murky and disheartening for backers that are pledging 4 figures for something that they deeply care about.

Most Kickstarter campaigns seem to keep things simple by using the logic that the more you pledge, the more cool stuff you get because "we, the people asking for your backing, appreciate that you're willing to throw that much of your hard earned money at us." And what I've observed is that if new tiers are added, they are usually focused on the lower end of the tier list, and that is probably to encourage the larger number of backers to bump up their pledges a bit. In the case of this Kickstarter, it seems that they are almost doing the opposite, they keep adding tiers on the high-middle and high-end of the list. And in the way they have shaped these newest tiers, it seems to have led to confusion across all backers at the various tier levels.

What would help is if we had better explanations and visuals for some of these items so the fans can see why they would want these / why they should have them as long-time fans of Suzuki-san's and co.'s work.
by kanso
Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki Twitter Q&A Recap 10/7/15

Bryan Figueroa - Considering how the Twitch video helped raise funds, are you willing to do another one before the Kickstarter ends?

YS: I would like to do Twitch and Reddit session again.

#SAVESHENMUE III - What is your worst fear when making a game?

YS: Creating new elements. hard to tell if it will work. Enhance by simplifying. If not, need to add more elements.

RiGoRmOrTiS UK - Will Shenmue 3 start in the cave? I want the satisfaction of leaving it myself! don't skip the moment!

YS: Either from Shenhua's house, or the road leading up to Bailu Village.

RiGoRmOrTiS UK - Ryo's jacket looks too neat and tidy, will it be changed to look closer to Shenmue 1 & 2?

YS: I'm thinking the same. I want it to be more worn out and fits more to Ryo. Brand new jacket doesn't fit.

ThePhantomPain = suzuki-san is it possible to maybe play darts & other mini games online against fellow shenmue fans in shenmue 3?

YS: It's one of the things I want to do, but we can't do it all, so still thinking.

#SaveShenmue - who would win in a race, Hang-On motorcycle vs. Out Run car?

YS: Definitely the bike. He can't lose to some joyrider with a girl in the passenger seat. or The not caught by police.

#SaveShenmue - what is your favourite Japanese food/dish to eat?

YS: Sushi.

ThePhantomPain - Hi suzuki-san if all goes to plan when will we see first gameplay footage of shenmue 3?

YS: The footage of final version will come out sometime in 2017

LEISURE GAMING - Will Shenmue 3 have controller support? I can't play with the keyboard and need a console controller to game on pc.

YS: I'm still thinking about what would be the best.

Barnaby Panton - What will be in the art book? Will it be art just from Shenmue III, or will it be art from all the Shenmue games?

YS: I'm want to hear requests and comments from you about what we will include.

#SAVESHENMUE III - Any chance to see Hamtaro as a cameo in Shenmue 3?

YS: http://t.co/qi0CFCSQmi

DO IT! - Will you draw new trailer for help the KS?

YS: Yes we are planning to publish it. Please check our KS page frequently.

Hibiki Rush - Did you base any of the Shenmue characters on people you knew in real life?

YS: Some of the characters are based on the team: Takimoto-san, Takeuchi-san, Hirai-san and Miyawaki-san.

シェンムー好きな人 - Does the Ryo call Goro?

YS: I like Goro, but I don't know how popular he is among the fans...

Sumio Kodai - And will we be seeing the classic QTEs style return with the flashing icons?

YS: Yes I would like to implement it. I want it to be cooler than Shenmue 1 and 2.

Rob Townsend - If you could create a spin-off game based around a character other than Ryo, who would you choose?

YS: I think it would be Ren. He grows from a rogue to the head of the HK Heavens. His fate is then changed by Ryo completely.

Neo Zeed - Please explain the High Ground Battle System stretch goal for #Shenmue3?

YS: It enables Ryo to have more interaction with his surroundings. I think it will be fun to increase the reaction chains.

シェンムー3発表やったね。 - Will there be a reappearance from Hiroshi Fujioka (Iwao Hazuki) who joined in on the Shenmue Gai announcement. I'd like to see his younger self and what he did.

YS: The other day Hiroshi Fujioka sent me some Fujioka coffee.

Mr Metal Gear - would you consider cel shading ONLY for the characters (Ico/Sotc/Last Guardian) to make it look more closer to the artworks?

YS: To fully express the nostalgia from S1 and S2, I'm not planning to use it.

Chris Redfield - where does your interest in Chinese culture come from?

YS: Its the romance of Chinese martial arts and Chinese history.

#SAVESHENMUE III - Why Niao Sun's breasts are so large?

YS: 98cm. You do the math.

Alberto Hdez. Sande - is it safe to assume that the CGi renders from Shenmue 1/2 are the intended final look for the character models?

YS: The models will have better quality than Shenmue 2

naflo - Could DLC be provided for Shenmue III ? any plan for additional contents after the release ?

YS: It's under consideration.

Chris Benn - Any chance of seeing a playable Virtua Fighter arcade machine in Shenmue 3?

YS: Shenmue starts around 1986 where full-polygon games do not exist, so what should I do....

Chris Redfield - Sometimes are you not annoyed that the interest of your fans mainly concerns shenmue, to the detriment of your other works?

YS: Not at all, but hope for questions about my other games. Before the KS, 80% of q's were Shenmue/10% Virtua Fighter/other 10%

Resnate - What are the 3 wishes @ $1400 tier? Will we see more jujutsu in #Shenmue3? What is AI Battling + High Ground Battle?

YS: Not decided, now its "strength", "more money", and "be popular with girls". It's the wishes of you backers, not Ryo.

Ming Ming - if the funding dosnt make 9M in 8 days, will we see a part time job anyway?

YS: Even if funding does not reach 9M there will be part time jobs. How many is still a secret.

#SAVESHENMUE III - Will Ryo shoot fireballs in Shenmue 3 like he did in the trailer of Shenmue Online?

YS: In Shenmue 3, the scenarios will follow very realistic moves.

#SAVESHENMUE III - Except from cows cats dogs birds fishes, what new animals can we expect in Shenmue 3?

YS: There are scenes set in Chinese mountain roads, so I want to have animals that fit the scenes. No spoilers here.

Nicolas Zurini - how did you consider using Unreal Engine 4 instead of other middleware (Unity for example)? What were the criteria?

YS: It was the color. I believe UE4 could express the "shenmue color". The atmosphere, the humidity, a world with "smell"

Adam Brooks - Yu, if Ryo was based on Akira was Lan-Di based roughly on Lau Chan?

YS: Lan Di uses the same martial arts Lau, but the character and the background setting are very different.

さつき@フェリシー - Since the hardware is different for Shenmue 3 we won't be able to transfer the save. Will that mean that moves like the brawling uppercut won't make an appearance? I ask because when going from Shenmue 1 to 2 I was sad to realize that the tornado kick was overwritten. I'm really looking forward for the launch of Shenmue 3.

YS: I'll think about adding Brawling uppercut and Tornado kick.

キリ - Which version do you recomend for someone who as neither of the two systems? Will there be any differences between PC and PS4?

YS: Both the PS4 version and the PC version will take advantage of the respective advantages of the hardware. So it doesn't matter which you buy.

サワ @祝!シェンムー復活 - I love Shenmue but I'm terrible at playing games. The only reason I was able to finish the game was because the difficulty level dropped since I failed so much. Will there be a system to help me in Shenmue III too? (please!)

YS: Definitely! There will be a variable difficulty level so that new players that don't know about Shenmue will be able to play.

Shaun Hastings - How did Joy and Ren become friends? Also I wonder how Guizhang would get along with Ren if they were to meet through Joy somehow?

YS: I think Joy and Ren are a good duo.

Hibiki Rush - Did any specific martial arts movies inspire you when creating the Shenmue story?

YS: Yes. Of course books on Chinese martial arts as well as Jakie Chen and Bruce Lee. I still watch HK Kungfu movies.

Hibiki Rush - Did any specific martial arts movies inspire you when creating the Shenmue story?

YS: The good and bad parts from Hong Kong B movies were the most helpful. JC&BL are complicated, hard to break moves down

芳賀 勇治 - Will you show something at Tokyo Game Show and events like that?

YS: As for this year's TGS it's undecided.

こんぶ - Will Ryo and Shenhua stay in the same room at the inns in Shenmue 3?

YS: That depends on the vacancy of Choubu Inn. (Translation)

Chris El-Sharawy - have you seen this incredible tribute yet , please enjoy , from you devoted loving fanbase https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=em&v=M4nG7m0FZhc

YS: Thank you all so very much. I will do my best to meet your expectations, regardless of budget, and make a great game.

Exogenesis - Will all Shenmue 3 staff be based in Japan or will you outsource to stretch the budget?

YS: Japan will be the main location for development.

Benji - why were the Bailu stretch goals the last stretch goals?

YS: Many of the new challenges in S3 are in Baisha. As a result the focus was put there.

Rubén Vera - Would you like to make new games for arcade machines?

YS: Yes. There is unique good about arcade machines. I want to make something that utilizes holographic image.

Exogenesis - Will we see Fuku-san again? Does he become a martial arts master?

YS: Look forward to his appearance through telephone calls.

Juan José Vélez - with the phone card, will you be able to call Nozomi many times and have different conversations?

YS: She will hate you if you call too many times.

Darin - Will i be able to follow people all around the villages?

YS: I will talk to Hirai about it.

by virtue of shenmue - Had Ryo been loved much to girls in Yokosuka high school? Or shoe box was full of love letter?

YS: I don't think so. He was't supposed to be like that.

Felipe Vasques - Even if the kickstarter finishes around the 5 Million mark, we will still have Bailu, Baisha and Choubu in the game?

YS: Yes they will be in the game.

FHZST - Suzuki San any details on the Magic Maze? That sounds really exciting and also is there more stretch goals after?

YS: Magic Maze is an auto-generating maze. If reached, the forest area will get much bigger + many events & elements along with it

ATUSI - Among the characters of Shenmue or you other games, who...
would you like to be friend with?
would you like to make your girlfriend?
do you actually hate?

YS: My wife is too scary, I can't answer that.

YS : Ryo (Akira) in student (in response to by virtue of shenmue above)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJmrhq1VAAQinNs.jpg

にゃふく@シェンムー3発売決定! - Will Ren, who said "This is getting interesting!" when Ryo went to Guilin, appear in Shenmue 3. (Translation)

YS: Spoiler: He will! I have an interesting appearance in mind.

Benji - I noticed @fumito_ueda , and @Kojima_Hideo follow you on twitter, could they support you in anyway?

YS: @diebenjidie @fumito_ueda @Kojima_Hideo Please support the Kickstarter Shenmue 3 project!

Celso F - What is your favorite programming language ?

YS: I think C# is a good one among the recent languages.

Mura - With QTE being overused in games now, often badly without deep thoughts, how will you approach this in Shenmue 3?

YS: I want to make a streamlined, Shenmue unique QTE.

Exogenesis - Any plans of a Shenmue TV drama once maybe the full story is revealed in the games?

YS: I look forward to your support!

Maurice Branscombe - How did Ryo get a Sega Saturn in 1986? Does he have time powers?

YS: That's a secret.

ひととにゃん - Is it impossible for you to work with a japanese crowdfunding site (like Makuake)? I'm not that confident with foreign websites

YS: At the official site there's an explanation of kickstarter so please take a look at that. There are Japanese speaking staff that can answer Kickstarter messages.

だいぞう@祝!シェンムーⅢ発売決定! - I loved the soundtrack more than the story or graphics. Will there be a special CD like the jukebox from Shenmue 1.

YS: We're planning on adding nostalgic tracks from Shenmue 1 and 2 on the soundtrack that comes with the 250 dollar pledge.

YS: Thank you very much everyone for your questions! I look forward to this again. Let's make this next week the best yet!

Credit to Capsule Toy Maniac for the translations.
by Peter
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your chosen rewards poll

$1500 I AM SHENMUE.. (will choose PC Phsyical)

+ $80 for PS4 (Phsyical)

I'll never reduce my pledges for that would be disingenuous and cause too much heart ache for those like me who watch the total day in day out :)
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just realize I've been in Baisha

Hey guys! Most of you probably don't remember me but I made a few post on my travels in Guilin back in 2011.

Since this kickstarter started, I kept thinking Baisha rings a bell, but it took me until today to realize that I was there on that same trip I made when I was in Guilin. And the biggest coincidence of it all, is that I went there straight after Guilin, so I took the same path as Ryo without knowing it! By the way, the train ride from Guilin to Lijiang (Baisha is located near here) took me 30 hours! Which means that Ryo will probably have to take the train, so maybe that explains that train he was hanging on in the Berkely demo....

I wrote an article on Baisha in my blog back in 2011. It's in Japanese, so most of you might not be able to read it but there's some pictures on there too so I'll post the link anyway. The second half of the pictures are from Baisha (starting with the old farmer standing near his crops)
[url]
http://world3languages.blogspot.jp/2011/12/december-16-2011.html[/url]

I remember Baisha as a small, picturesque town in the countryside with a really peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The people very friendly. Like that old farmer, he gave me and my companions some of his carrots for free.
The old man in the white doctor suit was some Chinese herb specialist that's supposed to be worldwide famous. Apparently he cured himself of some disease that was incurable at the time, and has helped other people with the same disease. He gave us some free "healthy tea" that was bitter as hell. The man was 89 when we visited but still looked healthy and energetic. I wonder if he's still alive, he would be 93 now. He seems to be the main reason Baisha is visited by foreigners, so maybe he has something to do with the story? Who knows...
We also went for some noodles at this eatery that all the locals recommended, but I remember they were not so good as the noodles were overcooked, ha! Maybe Yu-san will finally be able to make his dream come true of showing the difference in noodles depending on how long they were cooked at this eatery.
:D
Anyway, don't know if this was of any help, but it's a magical feeling to realize that I've been there, especially since I also visited Luoyang and the Shaolin Temple which are highly suspected to appear in the future of Shenmue's story!
by Eisuke7
Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Live on Nico Nico Douga 07/12

James Brown wrote: What does he mean by Ryo's aspect will fully change, including his jacket?

He means that Kickstarter Ryo looks awful indeed, and he will improve a lot (face and jacket). Better than Shenmue II.
He said that on twitter i think.
by Otacon_ahs
Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue and SEGA

I would just laugh if this was just talking hype for another shitty sonic.

How are sega games doing in pc compared to consoles ?

Total war, football manager, and sonic racing seem strong (I bought the racing with Ryo, super fun stuff).

Hopefully they'll understood that have tons and tons of IPs that could work great today (starting from Shenmue).

DIdn't see that video, pretty damn cool.
by manuel tripero
Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Video] Yu Suzuki Shenmue 3 Interview on Niconico Live

Technophilz wrote: Maybe Ziming or Switch can work on subtitles ?

That's a good suggestion, in progress!
by Switch
Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Dreamcasters' Tube Video - The Final Rush

http://i.imgur.com/sW97YQk.png

Dreamcasters' Tube (who has recorded hundreds of Dreamcast videos in 1080p) has produced a new awareness video for the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter.
Please take a moment to view the video then share it on Twitter, Facebook and other social media!

Links & Hashtags: #TheFinalBlow #SaveShenmue
The Final Rush | Dreamcasters' Tube | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New shenmue tribute. Thank you all for contributing

James Brown wrote: It says Private video?

Hey there, i just reuploded it
http://youtu.be/WXtCjJaiKfA
Improved audio & other small changes
Audio still not 100% but drmatically improved..
Was a pain too, had to rip audio out of cd itself using a tool. pain in the ass
Anyway thank you all for checking it out!
by ShenmueP1
Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just bought a dreamcast on Ebay with Shenmue.

Can't wait to play them again :D :D :D :D . If anybody is interested, Dreamcasts are going quite cheap on ebay now, and you're looking around £30-£50 for Shenmue.
by camy934
Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

My brother and I backed out of the 10K for the Fighting NPC and decided to put it toward the 6k Friendly NPC since we wanted to have one our Chinese teaching assistant in the game. We are trying to figure out where to put the other 4k now. Maybe the Lucky hit board or the Vendor... The vendor may be a good option for having our school in the game. V.E.T. Program's Hot dogs? Ice Cream? Lingerie?

That would put us at $20,500 but may work out better.
by wdrpgwd
Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

5 million!

We did it!!! \:D/

by Mr357
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter - Why it Had to Happen - Adam Koralik

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Ryo's original backpack and watch return?

I actually have Ryo's timex watch and even his backpack.
Can you give the exact name/model number/whatever of the backpack? I'm interested to know wich one it is exactly that Ryo has. Been looking around for some green ones but they don't match. Well Ryo's bag is obviously old by now, even if it is a 1999 model.
by BlueMue
Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #39 - Cedric Biscay - Shenmue, through and thr

Havel wrote: I'd rather hear Yu's thoughts but okay Cedric.

Cedric is great and deserves the spotlight for all the things he's done for this campaign.
by Himuro
Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III: FOR WUDE!

I'd like to thank everyone for donating on behalf of wude. He's helped me and many others in our community.

by Ziming
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Video] Yu Suzuki SM3 Interview on Niconico Live [Englis

The full transcript, taken from the subtitles of the video, is now available as a document for reading.

Sample snippet:
J: I'd like to move on to your latest game that has been announced: Shenmue III.
YS: Sure.
J: Could you tell us about what led to it being revived - What was behind this decision, in terms of reasons and timing?
YS: Well... it has been about 14 years since Shenmue II and during this period I have had the chance to speak overseas fairly regularly. And pretty much every time I went, I would get asked questions such as when Shenmue III would be released. In fact about 80% of the questions I get asked relate to Shenmue; about 10% on the Virtua series; and the rest are about my other games. So the majority is overwhelmingly about Shenmue.
J: Oh, even more than the Virtua series.
YS: That's right. So, a lot of questions have focused on Shenmue and for the past 10 years, each year around March/April, rumors reach me that Shenmue III is going to be released. Whenever I used to hear that, I would say to myself "I wonder who's going to be releasing it" [laughing]

...(cont)

Spoiler protection: the main spoilers in the document have been made invisible with white-colored text, but can be revealed using copy/paste.

View full transcript: Niconico Interview Full transcript (pdf)
by Switch
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tomorrow Shenmue haters around the globe will eat crow

The next 24 hours is a fuck you to all Shenmue haters everywhere.

Despite a half assed ks campaign handled by morons, being FAR less known in gaming, HUNDREDS of articles spreading misinformation on why you shouldn't support Shenmue III kickstarter, it will go on to become the highest backed game kickstarter of all time and set a new record despite people telling us for over a decade that no one wants nor cares about Shenmue. Far more well known and celebrated franchises and creators have been surpassed and after tomorrow no one will be able to deny Shenmue, its fans, or continue to treat it like a meme despite being the great game franchise of all time.

Eat it.
by Himuro
Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KS accepts the same payment card for multiple accounts - FYI

There seems to be a lot of people asking this question so I thought I'd make a new topic so its easier to direct people to the info.

Kickstarter allows you to open an unlimited number of accounts and use the same card on all of them to make payment.

Here the quote of the inquiry to Kickstarter themselves:
I messaged them and they replied saying it shouldn't be a problem.

Kickstarter Support (Kickstarter)

Jul 8, 11:51 AM

Hi James,

You should be totally fine! Let us know if you need anything else.

Best,
Alfie

skilljim

Jul 8, 9:58 AM

Hi, I am a big Shenmue fan and have backed for the $1500 tier on this account. I also wanted to get the $80 tier so I would be able to receive both rewards, and I have backed this tier on a second account. I have backed it using the same debit card as I thought this would be okay, but I wanted to just double check before the project finishes that my card will be successfully charged twice, one for each of these 2 accounts. I needed to use 2 accounts, as it's not possible to back more than one unique reward tier, that the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter project happens to have.

Thank you for your time and help :)
James.

if you've already secured a physical version on a higher tier, open another account and get digital too. also digital is great as a gift to friends and family.

Please retweet the following or create your own to share this information on twitter. thank you
https://twitter.com/john_vivant/status/621990789510467584
by johnvivant
Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Retweet this if you have Twitter

https://twitter.com/Shenmue_Dojo/status ... 9516191744

Hey @SEGA we need those HD versions of #Shenmue 1/2.
Both @yu_suzuki_jp & @CedricBiscay want this! #SaveShenmue
by Ziming
Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: BIG BANG! 6 million reached and it keeps going!!!

About the pledges:

phpBB [video]
by Master Kyodai
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: theMediumStream playing Shenmue 1

I'm in there now. Thanks James.
by rome
Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gamesTM Magazine: Yu Suzuki Talks - Shenmue 3 Exc. Interview

The next gamesTM Magazine UK will have an exclusive interview with Yu Suzuki about Shenmue 3, issue will be on sale 13 August

by masterchan777
Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NEW SHENMUE III KICKSTARTER UPDATE - INTERVIEW WITH YU

Cedric Biscay retweeted
Team Yu ‏@TeamYuNeedsYOU 9m9 minutes ago
Shenmue 1 & 2 HD = New fans buying @Shenmue_3 = Budget for Shenmue IV.
by Yokosuka
Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More than length, it's very important to me to see the chapters set in Xi'an, Luoyang, Mengcun and Beijing. Perhaps the chapter in Suzhou would have to be cut.

If Shenmue III is successful, Shenmue IV could reasonably be produced at a budget where those 4 cities are rendered at the scale of Wanchai with implied/depicted larger areas that you don't access. I'm guessing that building on Shenmue III's resources and with a bigger budget pending Shenmue III sales, Shenmue IV could be around Shenmue II's overall size or slightly bigger, and fittingly conclude the series if produced at a budget of 20-25 million.

Condensing all that to IV is already cutting out a lot of content, so perhaps some of the remaining cities could only be depicted as event areas rather than fully explorable environments. I think it's reasonable though.

Ending it in Shenmue III in Guilin means no Xi'an, no Luoyang/Shaolin, no Mengcun where Iwao trained with and may or may not have killed Zhao Sunming, and that's just really sad because those areas would have made for amazing Shenmue settings. As cool as Guilin is, that was going to be the next level.

Ryo becoming a master by the end of the next game would feel inauthentic to the entire pace and established storyline of SI and II.

I really hope that he is just configuring the plot in order to put SOME of the elements from cut chapters into III so that IV could be a bigger game that depicts as many of the planned settings as possible and still concludes the series. Depending on Shenmue III's sales, if it's a runaway hit it might even be possible to produce 2 more games so it could end at a 5th game. But it needs to be 4 at the very least.
by shenmue852
Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Money just been collected!

I had the bank physically type a note onto my current account, saying that a company called Kickstarter would be withdrawing a huge amount of money within the next 48 hours. Tha KS to whoever gave us that tip on here and on Facebook!

I got my email confirmations, so that's it. Locked on and stress free!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Screenshot_2015-07-19-00-39-40_zpsv2pyqwkr.png http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Screenshot_2015-07-19-00-42-01_zpsaceitl2r.png
by Peter
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm just generally looking forward to TGS for whatever Sega have up their sleeves in terms of getting back in touch with the fans :D, if Yu Suzuki has something other than just wanting to visit the show then i'm really excited :)

It's very weird that Sega would wait so long, just to announce how they are planning to turn things around at TGS, especially when It's not the Japanese consumers/fanbase they betrayed(and they openly admitted/agreed It's "specifically" the western markets they screwed over, Japan actually has had it well in the past 10 years or so, It's everywhere outside of Japan, that they royally screwed over).

I mean I suppose they can make a big announcement like they are porting Shenmue 1, and 2 over to PS4/PC, but I don't even see that as a realistic possibility. At the beginning of the KS or more likely after it ended, would've made the most sense.

While I don't think Sega will ever port over the other Shenmue games, I'm interested in hearing what they have to say, I'm just not hopeful they'll be bringing over any non-sonic games, even though they promised they would.

The fact is since Sega made their big confession, they "literally" haven't announced jack, which to admit something like that, then go a few months without proving they are indeed taking steps to follow through with what they promised, is a really bad dicision(it leads to people thinking they were nothing but talk)
by Zoltor
Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Paypal campaign rewards: any suggestions?

It's an interesting idea from an economic standpoint.

But honestly I would hate that, it's like destroying partenon (again) to give some people a rock.

I would not pledge for that.
by shredingskin
Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PayPal: the magic answer for Shenmue 4 (and maybe 5)

I bet Shenmue 4 would be much less expensive to make than Shenmue 3, because they can re-use the same character model (or just change it a little bit like they did in S2) and a lot of the same animations (walking, running, the alread-existing moves, etc) will already have been motion-captured, so it won't be as time consuming as starting from scratch like they're doing now.

Anyway, I will gladly donate for Shenmue 4 and 5 when it's time to do so.
by Three Blades
Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic