Search found 512 matches

Return

Re: GIVE TEEPO™ A FAIR CHANCE?

I don't think the staff banned you because of that, after all we gave a one strike new chance to every single member who was on the ban list. That was my call by the way and a way to show fairness and a fresh start for the site when I took over. A great amount of those people came back and it worked out quite well. I could look it up, but you were banned for a significant reason. Further violating the TOS by creating countless accounts doesn't help your case, a simple e-mail to the staff would have sufficed versus this public spectacle.
by Yama
Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Random Thoughts

Use this thread to post random thoughts through out your day!

Simple tidbits are what this thread is for, not general conversation. Taken straight from the TOS:

New topics deserve new threads. For example, if you have something excruciatingly short to say, it could and should be posted in the random thoughts thread. If it is anything of value, no matter how small, create a topic. Many conversations have went overlooked because they are crammed inside pages of other conversation. This also helps boost forum activity and order.

With that, post away!
by Yama
Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Ryudo wrote: I keep commenting on your vids. I am now officially dethroned as the biggest Dreamcast fan on the forums lol :mrgreen:

You never were to begin with, some of us *cough* just don't show off as much as we should. :P
by Yama
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Members Introduce Yourself!

This is a thread for new members to briefly introduce themselves to the Shenmue Dojo community.
by Yama
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SPRING FEVER!

Happy a good summer release is hitting this summer... The Last of Us!
by Yama
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Walking Dead-AMC

Didn't realize you made this thread Ryudo. Anyone who knows me knows that TWD comic is more or less my favorite series of any medium. I take the show as homage to the comic, nothing more.

Anyhow, here's my take on the finale: Mediocre to poor. Most of what occurred could have and should have happened mid-season. Too many filmography cliches to even take seriously, mainly Andrea's scene. I'll start with the good and work my way to the bad.

[Spoilers Incoming]

On the positive side of things, the Governor finally solidified himself as a formidable villain. No longer did he seem like a schizophrenic politician, but instead a cold blooded psychopath. It's nice to see Tyreese understand the severity of what is going on, finally. One point I like, to an extent, is that the series is different enough from it's source material that I can't imagine what is coming next.

As for the poor side of things. Everything mentioned in regards to positive factors should have happened already, it felt stretched instead of fleshed. The ending wasn't conclusive nor a cliff hanger, instead it felt more like limbo. That is the absolute worst thing to do before an extended break in programming. This seems to be a series trend from the second season onward. Mind you, I didn't hate the search for Sophia but let's put things into perspective. With Frank Darabont on board, we had an amazing six episode season one. It was riveting and even featured welcomed plot additions such as TS-19. The following six episodes without Frank had us looking for Sophia, nothing more. This is the difference in quality and we've been seeing a lot more of the latter than the former. Granted season three was much improved, but the improvements were almost all direct rips from the source material, any new additions almost entirely flopped.

The death of Andrea wasn't even shocking, it was necessary. The writing almost force fed this event. It's a shame it happened when she finally came to her senses. The end result is viewers dealing with a dunce for an entire season and seeing the death of a suddenly meaningful character. More or less, we never were able to experience Andrea as intended, entirely in part to poor writing.

Straying from the source material to make improvements and change up scenarios is a great thing, it keeps us all alert and interested. Butchering the material and literally slaughtering some of the most memorable moments however is despicable. Instead of countless dramatic events unfolding, group chaos and the feverish battle to find refuge... we received a bus of elderly people, more neutered prison and The Governor roaming about begging to be milked just a bit more.

Seriously speaking here, despite it's flaws I still love the show simply because of what it's based on. That said, I take it as homage which is what it is. I will however say this is the episode that completely confirmed it's worth in comparison to the long lasting comic. Preference aside, a certain degree of quality can be accurately depicted and properly judged. Thanks entirely in part to some lackluster writing, I can honestly say the show doesn't reach the same level of quality as the comic. At this point in both series, it's amazing just how much more has happened at a tangible pace in the comic. There is build up and then there is dragging a plot point in the mud, the show has done the latter and the upcoming break from programming is not going to help that notion.

With all of that said, I'll be there in October full of anticipation because there is still so much good in the series to be had. I'm actually very excited to see where they're going with it, seeing as the finale strayed so much from the source material, for better or worse. However I will say, it's easy to forgive the TV series whilst being continually impressed by the comic nearly every month.
by Yama
Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So i bought my first Gamecube

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Sheena still ain't Klarth or Arche :P

Look at this guy, going after my Phantasia loving heart. :mrgreen:

Going to another universe to learn how to move a 20lb rock also wasn't my favorite thing to do.

Literal roffles.
by Yama
Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki At Monaco Anime Game Show

Icehotman2004 wrote: To show support Yu Suzuki creating Shenmue 3 I will buy 1 copy each of Shenmue 1 along with Shenmue 2

Not sure that'll support anything but a private seller.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So i bought my first Gamecube

ToS is a great game with an insanely fun battle system. If you don't like spell cancelling with Sheena you lack testosterone. Not everything needs to reinvent the wheel to be considered solid and enjoyable. Segata is right though, it does have some cliches and minor system flaws. Of course, that's not what makes the game shine otherwise it wouldn't have been touted as such.
Why do all "hardcore" Resi fans insist on calling it Biohazard? Sure, it makes more sense at this point for the series to be called that, but most who call it that aren't even from Japan... We may as well start calling Shenmue シェンムー...
Because it actually makes sense.
by Yama
Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Question for us GD'ers...

More or less. In addition, we have the Random Thoughts Thread for lazy quickies, so it's not like the option won't be there. Honestly, there isn't anything in those threads that couldn't A) be in the random thoughts thread or isn't B) deserving of a topic.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Thoughts Of The Day 2.0

A lot of news worthy posts have been slipped under the rug due to poor categorizing and being lost in cluttered threads. We're doing away with this idea and moving on to a more active nature that allows users to participate easily.

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO CREATE NEW THREADS
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish the gaming one was not locked. as I don't want to create a new topic when I have a random thought as often they are not worth a new topic. Then be seen as spam. ugh really annoying that was locked. -_-
I'll tell you what, I'll unlock it and put up a vote in their in regards to it since it's a different forum. Just unchange your vote here as it has nothing to do with that forum.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Walking Dead (AMC TV Series)

And this is why I don't watch the show. Well, more specifically because I don't want to hate it. Which I think I will if I watch it. Thanks for the spoilers, yama.

Not sure if serious, or actually thanking my post. They were marked. :P

Finale was the only episode this season I really disliked. Like Yama said I don't know why you need a bad guy. Series was stronger without one. At least with Merle you hated that you loved him and loved that you hated him. He made the show much better. Merle can be summed up in 20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S7uAjEUQv0
Merle is the best thing that happened to the show imho.

And that's my vid! Haha.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The problem is gaming news is posted in the thoughts thread, not only thoughts. All of this news is lost, immediately.

Read more as to why I want to make the decision, it's not going to hurt the forum it will help it.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=45791

Reply there for GG forum discussion, let's keep this one GD only.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Thoughts Thread [VOTE and DISCUSS]

Crimson Ryan wrote:
This one? I don't have a problem with it staying. If anything this thread would be more active because of recent closures.

Same here, as long as it's quick blurbs and such.

In depth conversation should be in series threads and if they don't exist, one should be made.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Recent Gaming Purchases

Post up your most recent gaming purchases. Pics or it didn't happen.

Legacy thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=39347
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Discussion + Entertainment = One?

NO NO NO! Yama... stop. Just stop dude. Too much change at once. Quit tweeking on SD today, my god.
Sorry for improving the site.

Check out the other threads, 90% votes in both. I'm doing what the community wants, not just one or two of you. It's about time the majority ruled.

And relax guy, that's why I make threads with a vote and don't go ahead and do things without question (old admins much?). I actually care what everyone thinks, hence why these two forums won't be merged.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BROTHAMITE BROTHAMITE! Ask the wise Brotha fools!

Who Really Cares? wrote: Even Yama knows not to mess with Brothaman :P

This is true. :nice!:
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gan! Gan! Pirates/Kaizokudan is on Google Play/iTunes St

And this is what I'm talking about, nobody would have saw this otherwise. Good stuff Giogio.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I propose a logical alternative
Logical? So while a thread is open for a series, we are able to post the news in a different topic instead just because? This boils down to the majority of people missing out on the news or having to post the news twice in the same exact forum. That defies all logic.

Also, conform? How is anyone conforming if they are the ones who voted for it ? :lol:

I have nothing against you man, I seriously don't. But that post is just pure passion and zero sense. Just let it go, it'll be fine.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All right, done. We can always re-open a specific thread if we find it necessary, though if we honestly give this a shot I think it'll work just fine.

I felt out of them all the purchase thread should have been left open, but it was beyond dead as is. I'm sure a big purchase is thread worthy while something small or funny could be posted in the random thoughts thread.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daaaaytoooona let's go away! 90's Arcade Racer!!!

I'd be all kinds of in there day one.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gaming Thoughts Thread [VOTE and DISCUSS]

A lot of news worthy posts have been slipped under the rug due to poor categorizing and being lost in cluttered threads. We're doing away with this idea and moving on to a more active nature that allows users to participate easily.

What I am looking into closing is the Gaming Thoughts thread and would like your feedback. A ton and I mean a ton of news is posted there, unseen by 90% of our members. These news bits deserve threads, plain and simple. If there is anything else left to say in the thread, it can be fit under a series thread, new thread (this pushes for better quality) or the now playing thread.

If this is to be closed, I will leave all of the remaining threads in GG open such as Music, Now Playing, Purchases, etc. They are specific and not detrimental to thread creation or activity. Under Now Playing however, it is for blurbs and such. We feel in depth conversation should be shifted to a series thread and if there isn't one, create it.

[DO NOT BE AFRAID TO CREATE NEW THREADS]

The same procedure is going down in GD here , though admittedly there was more to change in that forum.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Gaming Goals 2013

Is the server being killed going to affect single player for WKC 2? I've had so much work to do I haven't had a chance to buy it, if I can't play it i might not bother.
Nah, you're good. But the online portions will be down in June. If you want, maybe later this month or next we could get on there together. Aston and I were going to play.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

judge from the title whether it's worth my while opening the thread and poring over its contents.

Sounds a little pretentious. I get what you're trying to say but acting all high and mighty taking 3 seconds out of the day to click something "worth my while" just sounds pompous.
Read it that way if you want, but I don't see anything wrong with what I said. There's nothing "high and mighty" about not wanting to waste time skimming through posts on subjects I don't care about.
I see exactly what you mean and agree, nothing pretentious about it.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good timing for this thread, I always enjoy playing some games over the summer. Despite not being home as much when the weather warms up, there is something said for throwing away a day or chillin' in at night with the windows open.

Goal wise I wanted to compete in Soul Calibur V again like I did for the second game, though the tourney scene for the game is pure butt. Beyond where I ever imagined being, so I guess I could say I've at least accomplished the big part of the picture. If something comes up and it's feasible I'd definitely attend, otherwise I'll always play the game however I can. Same for Halo 4 which I was able to win a tournament last month in, was a lot of fun.

Pure individual play, I'd like to play some White Knight Chronicles 2 before the server goes down. Definitely planning on playing some OG RPG's to boot, maybe some Phantasia or Chrono Cross. Want to do a Shenmue run for sure. Maybe do some live streams, etc. Most hyped for The Last of Us, looks like it'll be an amazing summer release and is in the same vein as TWD comic. Double win.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC TV Series)

Some of the writing is bad like a speech given a few weeks back about when all this is written in the history books :roll:

I don't really understand. Are you mocking me and the fact that I think the writing is bad? I guess I just don't understand your comment. If it is a reference to the show, I haven't watched it since the second season began airing. Sorry...
He's not mocking you, he's saying the speech given in the episode was just corn ball.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dragons Crown-Vita Summer 2013

Looks amazing. I'm in there, my Vita needs to be fed as well.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC TV Series)

But it's not disliked for being different than the graphic novel, it's disliked for being levels upon levels upon levels lesser as far as quality.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hot Shots Golf | Everybody's Golf

Ryudo wrote: Is this the game on the Vita highlight video you lift the golfer using the touch pad?

Yeah, that's it.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are really starting to piss me off Yama, but i am sure I will forgive you soon enough, im not the grudge type. I read your PM, then read the post I quoted above, which negated any sympathy I had or was feeling before, for the time being.
To be fair, I wrote that reply far before I received a call and had to head out which then lead to a draining afternoon and hence my PM asking you to cut me a break, as I didn't have the time or mindset to deal with such things. But here I am, despite it all, so I might as well give you one last response.

Its time for a history lesson, our lesson begins in 2011 when the gaming forums still existed. We had sub-forums, Nintendo, Sega, Microsoft, Sony, General. Everything had its own place for discussion, it worked well, games had their own topic, game exclusives were in their respective forums and the fan boys of SD had their own special corner to talk about their favorite company. Jump ahead a year to 2012 and the decision was made to do away with that format, so everything was in one place, I was against the idea because I thought it would clutter and scatter the gaming topics and make specific topics harder to find, which naturally it did. But we all got used to it and moved on. Jump ahead again to now, 2013. We have the problem of not enough topics and extended discussion because its all in one place like the original game plan for removing the gaming sub forums originally was set into motion for. See the dilema? We went with the plan from the changes from last year, and now low and behold, we want it to be the other way around. We want More topics, more game/series specific discussion, which the old format provided better than anything.

I really dont know what to say, or how to advise about this any better than I already have. last year we want one thing, now its like we want the old way back but no one even realizes what we want now is essentially what we had before. Its really starting to irritate the crap out of me. Surely everyone realizes this is whats happening? Think about it.

Whats done is done. It would be far too much work to try to bring back the gaming sub-forums, and I wouldnt wish that task to any staff member here. I just want a inch or 2 of recognition that I tried to warn everyone of this and no one would listen, and here we are a year later, and my fears have come true.

I guess at this point having tried both formats, I dont really care which one we use, I can deal with both. But make up your damn mind about it, its annoying as hell having to go through the drastic forum change on a yearly basis, talk of locking topics and merging forums and all that wears down. We dont need to changing the way we talk to each other on here every year, just come up with the best logical idea and stick with it.

This place will pick up more when and if we ever get more shenmue. We cant force a crowd around here, just let things naturally do what they do, we have a dedicated site to a as of now dead franchise/series its gonna be small and niche, our traffic expectations for these forums are a bit higher than whats actually realistic.

I have said my piece about this and I am not arguing about it anymore, if you want me to help come up with a better game plan for this place, cool, I will do my best. But I am not playing into the current ignorance any longer. I'm sorry but thats the truth, as is everything I have said here in this post. I wouldnt make a post this long and detailed if I didnt love this place, I just hope some of you can realize what I am trying to say here, it makes sense.

But what you aren't seeing is there is no problem, everyone voted for it (hence you should be telling the community to make up their mind, not me) and we're continuing in the direction we have been. We got rid of a bunch of forums to have discussion in a single forum , the problem is we were having it in a single thread . We get rid of the thread and now actually utilize the forum . Mission complete.

Listen to this next part carefully and I do mean carefully, please. I did not come up with the idea solely. I received multiple PM's about it over the past month or two. I then took some members suggestions and presented them to the community. The community decided and I acted, for the community. Do not address me anymore in regards to this decision, address all of your piers which is 95% of the site.

I'm going to also present another history lesson. In 2010 this place made 245,000 hits a month, now it makes over 2,000,000+ monthly. It was presented to me because it was dying and when the hosting expired you wouldn't have had a Shenmue Dojo. I took over and now you're still here on a site that prospers despite seemingly dead subject matter.

And yeah, some Shenmue news would be fantastic. We can all agree on that.
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VypXfuNeqI[/youtube]
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Signature and Avatar Post Up Thread + Requests

Took one of my favorite panels from TWD and added in a background, did some over edits and yeah. Fresh sig and av. :nice!:
by Yama
Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega's new console and the future of 3D graphics

Considering what it lead to, this was a good time...
by Yama
Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

To be fair, I'm one of those ass holes who starts the convo, gets lost for three hours and replies as if I haven't went anywhere.
by Yama
Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only Axm, I swear. King of the 99% completion run. :rotflmao:
by Yama
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hot Shots Golf | Everybody's Golf

Axm wrote:We need to get to playing this again. Too much fun.

Definitely. Going to download the new pack, it includes three or so new characters and two new courses. Let's do this.
by Yama
Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Dreamcast Controller Backpack.

No need to explain yourself dude, frig it. Dreamcast anything ftw.
by Yama
Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here are some of my older signatures, some as old as ten years.

http://i.imgur.com/LAkCF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lKDEj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FbiYs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VCe28.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mGEE9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mozLo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/o84lm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2EPiZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RCvHhs7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sZuakBg.jpg
by Yama
Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Death Scenes

AUUUUUGHHHHHHHH

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEJqwuOXVJs[/youtube]
by Yama
Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Major League Baseball

Nice thread!
So ya my Marlins aint looking amazing with a 1-5 record but yesturdays performace by cuban pitcher Fernandez was on fire. Juan Pierre looks good so far and if Stanton can be consistent then we could actually have a decent entertaining year. Heres hoping to growth and actually keeping any good players we develop.

Going to the Dodgers v Padres game tomorrow with some buddys. Should be fun. I swear im on the verge of giving into being a Dodger fan. Not like I cant have the option of changing sides givin the Padres are just so hard to be fans of. I like all the players on the Dodgers especially Adrian Gonzalez who was our best Padre a few years back.

But ill always be a Marlins fan. Grew up with them when I lived in Miami when they went to WS in '97 and '03. Its a shame they have fire sales so often but I hope they change that. Keeping the team hispanic is what I want the most.
Fernandez definitely looked good and I've always been a fan of Pierre. Team is definitely rebuilding, which the organization is ridiculously good at. Let's just hope they keep their build this time. They finally spent the money and had all good intentions last year and got burned.

As for the Dodgers, I think I know what you mean. Root against the home team. Just cause you live there doesn't mean you have to be a fan of the Padres. I've never liked their organization to be honest, about the only thing I do like is Petco. I don't think you were being serious about actually becoming a fan of a different organization, but I know what you mean. I was in a similar state back a few years. I loved the Red Sox in 02-04, but there is a difference between rooting for a team and being an actual born and raised fan. I'll always cherish that team and what they did to the MFY's, but I still know where my loyalties are.

I was born and raised a Mets fan and Brooklyn Dodgers historian. Nothing I cherish more than baseball with my gramps. From the memorabilia, videos, newspaper clipping and most of all stories, I really cherish that team of yesteryear. With that we're still big Dodgers fans, but love the Mets more than anything as they were there when the Dodgers left Brooklyn fans in the cold. The thing is, I haven't seen either of the teams win it all, ever. It hurts, but I know it'll feel so good when it finally happens. If and when the Mets finally do it, forget it. I'll cry tears of joy, no exaggeration. 2000 and 2006 still haunt me and I'm serious when I say a single championship to cherish would last me a life time. Granted the Marlins were an expansion team at the time and didn't have the history, but being a legitimate fan and witnessing two championships is extraordinarily lucky. I envy you in that regard. But trust me, just one will make up for all of that and a ton more.
by Yama
Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Added some more oldies above, fun looking through the retro folder.

Here are some recent sigs for both Fatal Frame IV and Chaos Head:

by Yama
Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Major League Baseball

I saw the most interesting stat last night.

Most strikeouts through 12 starts:

Pedro Martinez - 104
Dwight Gooden - 93
Matt Harvey - 89
Nolan Ryan - 88

Talk about great company. He's going to be a stud.
by Yama
Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic