Search found 99 matches

Return

Deadly Premonition 2 teased

Deadly Premonition designer SWERY has teased a sequel, and revealed his hope to release a Director's Cut of the first game this year.

Quirky open world horror game Deadly Premonition launched on Xbox 360 in 2010 and divided critics. Fans have hoped for a sequel ever since, but Hidetaka "SWERY" Suehiro has remained quiet - until now.

Last week Eurogamer caught up with the Japanese designer at Gamescom for an update. He confirmed that the original Deadly Premonition team is back together working on a new project to coincide with the 10th anniversary of developer Access Games.

"We're in talks with publishers at the moment, and we can't tell you about the platforms," he said. "But by next summer, I think everyone will have a good idea of what it's going to be.

"After Deadly Premonition everyone wanted to know when the next project was coming along. I told them it would be in 10 years' time. So I think they're still waiting!"

SWERY, who is searching for a publisher for the new project, stopped short of confirming the new game as Deadly Premonition 2. "Hmm, maybe!" was all he said.

But he did give us an idea of what he intends for the sequel, which he said he'd be honoured to make.

"In Deadly Premonition I really tried to focus on lifestyle and the relationships between the characters and experiencing those things in the game, and there just happened to be a murder mystery going on as well. But what I really wanted people to experience was those day to day things. In the new game that's going to be important as well. Plus some extra things I wasn't able to do before, and new original elements like the coffee fortune telling.

"I meet once a month with the producer of Deadly Premonition and we talk about various things. There are things I've come up with the producer has said no to. I suggested Deadly Premonition 2 should be as though Deadly Premonition 1 had never existed. I wanted to do everything from scratch, but the producer said I couldn't do that.

"So, for example, like with Spider-Man, you've got Spider-Man and the Amazing Spider-Man, so the same series but a different world. I wanted to do something like that but was told no. The producer said the fans love York, and so I have to carry on with him as the protagonist."

Meanwhile, SWERY confirmed his intention to release a Director's Cut of the first game during Access Games' 10th anniversary year - that is, at some point this year.

SWERY is after a publisher for this game, too, so was tight-lipped on details. "We are planning a Director's Cut of Deadly Premonition and there will be a proper announcement about that soon," he said. "I've been having a few meetings about that here as well.

"It's not finalised yet, but personally I'd like for us to be able to do it during this 10th anniversary year."

But, again, he did provide some details: "I'll be able to tell you more when the publisher has announced it formally. Just think about this as a rumour," he teased.

"We're working on the Director's Cut of Deadly Premonition, and I am writing some new script and scenarios. Whether those will be used or not, and how they'll be used, isn't decided yet.

"When Deadly Premonition went on sale, I got loads of feedback from the users, opinions, complaints. So I've got a list of about 200 things they want improved. I'm going through that list and choosing the things I think will be good to work on. I can't tell you in detail, but things like the controls and graphics."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-20-swery-teases-deadly-premonition-2

Yes please.
by Who Really Cares?
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

The US one is just a shot for shot remake. So you're not missing much.
by Kenny
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: soccer

I remember the FA Cup final where they said over the speakers for everyone to sit down and the ground just burst into. "Stand Up if you love Millwall."

I see the games on ESPN classic from the 70's and 80's and just wish there was that passion in the supporters now.
by Riku Rose
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lamewad Music

not bad, it'd be cool to see you make some originals. Not a fan of watching people play other people's music.

Maybe I'll make that a goal for my next video, an original song. However, I'll never stop playing other people's songs. I like doing covers and playing my favorite tracks.

What guitar is that LAMEWAD? Cool fretboard inlays.

Hey, sorry for hijacking yer thread, but check my channel as well: http://www.youtube.com/user/VyseHazuky/videos

And keep up the good work! :D

^ It's a Dean Tucson Acoustic/Electric Guitar

http://i.imgur.com/ibKiV.jpg

Thanks for sharing your channel, Vyse! Love it! :)
by Thief
Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote:The US one is just a shot for shot remake. So you're not missing much.

LITERALLY.

Michael Haneke is one of the greatest directors ever though, seriously. I love all of his work, and it makes perfect sense why he remade Funny Games.
by Joe Pesci
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: soccer

Reminds me of someone :lol:
by Peter
Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games With Interesting & Immersive Stories/Settings

I only just played through Journey yesterday, but the hype is completely warranted.
It's short. Very short. And the "story" is so simple that it's almost ( almost ) nonexistent.
But it truly is, as I'm sure has been expressed by others, the kind of game that makes you feel something. It's not the kind of thing that can really be explained in plain words; it looks great, sounds great, and functions well, but there's more to it than that.
The main thing you take away from it is how much it makes you feel uplifted, excited, or even worried within its short two-hour run, all without a single word being uttered. And the experience is even more incredible if you happen to be signed into your PSN account, as the game will drop other players into your game at random.
Now, initially this might sound like a bad idea. Why would you want some dumb, random kid dropping into your game and effing up your experience?
But it just doesn't happen that way. There's nothing they can really do to mess things up. They show up, and it's like they're just taking this journey along with you; you happen to be kindred spirits following the same path. That sounds cheesy, I know, but it's hard to describe it any other way. You help eachother, activate the game's puzzles together, and even, during the game's final stretch, keep eachother "warm" while traversing the game's frigid snow level (seriously, it's a gameplay mechanic). Truly the best use of online play I've ever seen, and it's so incredibly simple and innocent. You stumble across them and immediately bond without using words.
And the game's "ending" really is the kind of thing that will affect everyone a little differently.

It may be stylized, but it's immersive as hell, and it certainly will make you feel something. Don't judge it by the demo up on PSN; the full game has to be experienced to really "get" it.
by OL
Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GOTY 2012 what's yours and why.

Xcom: Enemy Unknown

- Balanced, well oiled gameplay
- Role playing with your characters. You really begin to care about them and afix them with certain personality traits (xcom is more a story about a bunch of humans than an alien invasion)
- Punishing but fair: a game which values your decisions
- excellent in-game economy makes the base management matter
- Overall just very well designed, its one of those games you know the team enjoyed making
- Good multiplayer
by Luvly KM
Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

I've just played the first episode of Walking Dead, and I'm pretty impressed!!

Great story, great decisions, great characters, great lenght. I'm sold. I'll probably be spending the next four days playing one episode per day

And is it just me or does Clementine look like a younger version of Alyx Vance? Man, I got that feeling all throughout the episode
by Absentia
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

I've just finished the fifth episode of Walking Dead and it's been quite a ride.

However I have a few complaints. From a storytelling point of view, the games excel like few do. Just great stories (even though the setpieces are pretty much the same as in the series), great characters, great motivations, to be honest the story is really solid on its own to the point that I prefered it when compared to the TVseries counterpart.

Also, TWD really shined in the decisions-making sections of the game, the decisions seemed important and most of them really ended up mattering sooner or later. It's the kind of envolvment Mass Effect tried to achieve but never really got there. Here I was really torn apart about some of the decisions I made and at times appalled at how something I said in the first few episodes ended up affecting how the story unfolds.

There's just two things that bug me
1. While it's outstanding in the story department, it's really poor as a game. Even the puzzles were all laughably easy. It's the kind of thing that I would probably enjoy a lot more if it were made as a TVserie. I never felt I was playing a game, I never really felt engaged or stressed by any situation like I feel during actual games, it just felt to me like a movie that I had to use x on y so I could see what happened next. I wished they had made the puzzles a lot harder, so that being successful actually felt like a reward. Take it for example the Sam and Max series, which aren't excessively difficult, but they require a lot more than TWD. Also, those stress situations always seemed forced and just bothersome, but I get how difficult it is to make stressful gameplay in a point and click game.

The point being, even though it was a game, I did not enjoy it for the actual gameplay, but for the story it tells, as I guess probably everyone did.
In fact I enjoyed this story much more than I enjoyed TV series, whose 3rd season I'm not even that inclined to see.

2. The final chapter was just too emotional. They were being really cheap, it's the type of emotional blackmail that can work if you're in the right state of mind, but I just didn't felt like it. The same can be said about Toy Story 3 as well.
You better not get too attached to anyone (nor you really have the time to, perhaps) and that final episode just pushed too hard to be tearjerking

Anyhow, I feel like it's one of the best things I've seen this year and I encourage everyone to try it. My advice is that don't expect a full-fledged game, but more like an interactive adventure (perhaps reminiscent of the FMV adventures of the old days, but good)
by Absentia
Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

I got this for Christmas from my fiance. I had told her on the phone one day that I was about to order something on ebay, and she asked what it was. When I told her, she said "DON'T BUY IT!" in a scary demon voice, and I ended up finding this on my doorstep a few days later. :lol:
It was the last game I needed to complete my Time Crisis collection (I've been trying to get every one in their big box "plus Guncon" releases), and this one was actually completely new in its original wrapper. Feels good opening a new PS1 game after all these years.
Whatta gal.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/288ppc1.jpg

I also got the Arkham City: Game of the Year Edition, Dishonored, and Sniper Elite V2 for Christmas from the folks. Nice little haul this year. :D
by OL
Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Don't worry about it, I've done things like that loads of times in games myself before, I know the feeling well. (But in that case, it isn't your fault, it really doesn't make sense that it's the red carpet as opposed to the Triforce symbol)

Playing Virtue's Last Reward, they've ramped up the amount of endings something fierce (instead of there being six endings, this time there is over 20...)

Some of the game overs are very interesting and add extra layers to the mystery. It's still gotten that old school point and click adventure feel that made the first game so great too. The puzzles are well varied. Reminds me how great the adventure genre is again.

Also, the music is fantastic , especially if you're like me and love electronic ambient music. So damn atmospheric, a couple of the tracks sent shivers down my spine. Like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooK86eSZFCo

Also, there's a good portion of the storyline that reminds me of a part of Snatcher too, wouldn't surprise me since the writer/director is a fan of that game! Overall, really impressed, it's great coming into the game even with my high expectations. Expectations I couldn't help myself from having since 999 really is one of the best adventure games I've ever played. Just got to see how they're going to tie up so many loose ends before the game ends (and I can't stress enough how many there are).
by Henry Spencer
Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Planescape Torment.

More game should utilise the A D&D ruleset. I don't know why they don't.. Its under the bonnet stuff
by Luvly KM
Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM[/youtube]

Pop FTW
by Rakim
Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that pissed you off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cswfb7P6EJ8

I'm sure you'll all be glad to know that the Indian Prime Minister has called for a committee to discuss ways in which his government might deal with absurdly violent crime!

Old solution:

Take up the White Man's burden--
Send forth the best ye breed--
Go bind your sons to exile
To serve your captives' need;
To wait in heavy harness,
On fluttered folk and wild--
Your new-caught, sullen peoples,
Half-devil and half-child.

But the white gods are monstrous incompetent barbarians too. Ergo,

New solution:
http://i.imgur.com/sqDHw.jpg

With all my might, I cannot reason to anything better. Suggestions?
by KiBa
Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Anime are you watching right now?

So I've just finished Cowboy Bebop and I only have nice things to say about it

Great show, just outstanding!!
by Absentia
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vyse Hazuky wrote:Image

Their commander is gonna go crazy when he finds out they got them stuck in power lines.
by St. Elmo's Fire
Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Next time I play through the Assassin's Creed series, I'm gonna make it a challenge... Stealth only. If I get caught, I restart. Unless it's completely unavoidable. Still, I was lied to by the press and the public that it's a stealth game, so I'm gonna force it into one. Because I'm just that awesome.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More Competitors - Valve & nVidia Making Consoles

Vyse Hazuky wrote: Will 2013 be the year of the microconsole?
- interesting article

That was pretty interesting, and made me learn more about the Ouya. I am kinda interested in it now. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More Competitors - Valve & nVidia Making Consoles

I've only played one game on Steam thus far, so I was slightly alarmed when I started it up and was informed that my computer was "Preparing to launch To the Moon..."
by Let's Get Sweaty
Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mirrors edge is one of the best looking games this gen, I love the simplistic yet harmonious blend of colours they have, been a while since something gave me some inspiration for my own work like that

I encountered a few bugs but I'm loving running around, smashing through doors/windows, sliding down skyscrapers and jumping from building to building while an army of cops try and take me down, this game deserves more attention than it gets, well worth the 2£ I pay'd for it
by south carmain
Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2z56cmv.jpg

Picked up all but one of the Namco Museum releases for PS1 on Monday. Some really great games on these that aren't available anywhere else outside of Japan. Legend of the Valkyrie is excellent, and finally getting to play Baraduke was actually a bit of a dream come true (never thought I'd get to play it until I found out it was on one of these discs). And I never actually bothered much with Dig Dug and Sky Kid before, but both are about as fun as can be. Still checking out others on here too.
Really need to get vol. 4 eventually.

Also Gungriffon stuff:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cc909.jpg http://oi45.tinypic.com/168vdpf.jpg
by OL
Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YCGMdJpqAY[/youtube]
by Feelers Rebo
Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV Series Are You Watching

Justified's fourth season started last night. Absolutely loved the premier.
This show almost never hits a flat note for me. Once or twice during the first season, but everything since then has just been awesome.
Easily my favorite show right now.

Aye, agree with this. As great as many shows are right now, and in recent years, none are as fun as Justified. Plus Walton Goggins is the greatest man alive. In an ideal world he'd play every character on every TV show and film.

And tonight, the new season of Archer begins! oooo I can't wait.
\o/
by Gingefners, The
Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was lucky enough to play Virtual On in my local arcade back in the day. Absolutely loved it. A real classic arcade gem. May have to borrow my brother's 360 to play these...
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

James Noir's Hollywood Crimes. (3DS)

In this game, you play as a contestant in what is supposedly Hollywood's most popular game show - Puzzle Masters. The prize for winning the show is an all expenses paid, one year trip around the world. The main host is a fame-loving presenter, whom, jealous of his own waning popularity, and the fame the contestants receive, latches on to each contestant in the hopes that their popularity will rub off on to him. The show has a female co-host whom is tired of everyone just seeing her as an object, as well as a rather cold Producer. After passing the first round, you are approached by your former boyfriend/former college roommate, whom is now a F.B.I agent - there's a killer on the loose whom is apparently targeting former winners of Puzzle Masters. At the scene of each murder, the killer leaves a puzzle hinting at the location of where the next crime will be.

The gameplay is basically entirely comprised of puzzles; the TV show puzzles, in which you are presented with a choice of twenty puzzles per round, allowing you to pick and solve the puzzles until you reach the target score for that round. You are allowed three hints for a puzzle, and if the puzzle proves too difficult, can exit freely and choose another puzzle. The other puzzles are the "story" puzzles - puzzles that you must solve to move ahead in the story. These puzzles are linear, but if you really get stuck, the hint system allows you to use four hints for story puzzles, with the fourth hint solving the puzzle for you.

Unfortunately, a lot of these puzzles are the same; just with different levels of difficulty. For example, there are six levels of a puzzle where you have to move worms around a maze. There isn't really that much variety.

The game is also on the short side - you can complete it in around six hours.

The story could also have been better. It does have some promise but never reaches full potential. The use of the photograph taken of you (the actual player) works well, the ability to choose between playing as a male or female had some thought put into it, and there are some genuinely tense moments. On the negative, although everyone involved in the TV show is supposedly a suspect, the game all but smashes you over the head with a concrete slab with regards to whom the writers want you to suspect. There's only a few half-hearted hints pointing towards any other character being the killer. The protagonist being almost silent doesn't help the story either, in my opinion.

If you enjoy puzzle games, this game can be fun, especially since it's selling for around £5.
by Ash
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5HQjHcKsSY[/youtube]
by Strikeout
Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Videogame Music

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLk04DibLWs[/youtube]
by Who Really Cares?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

"I became obsessed with Shenmue when it was previewed with a few small pictures before the DC release in EGM. It has the orange cover. I still have it, but I cut out the pictures and put them in my wallet. The forums of the day were still magic, like portals to another world. One day, I found the Shenmue Dojo, and had no interest whatsoever in forums. However, I regularly opened the chat and had some nice talks with some humans named Bluecast and AnimeGamer. These were my very first friends! They encouraged me to join the forums, and so I did. And here I am still, for I became addicted to their minds, minds which depths I have still yet to plumb. One day, I will consume their lives."

http://i.imgur.com/hVUuCKD.jpg
by KiBa
Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2003 Members

Another 2003-member here. 10 years... damn... I'm not as active as some others but I've never been totally away.
I must say that I didn't expect Shenmue III to be released very quickly back then but still a little faster than what it turned out to be. And you know what. Something hit me a few days ago. Even Shenmue Online was announced in 2004 so that's also been a while. And I still remember that the period between Shenmue II and that announcement already felt like an eternity without Shenmue news to me.
by ys
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played some Pac-Mania last night with my brother (trading off turns). Surprisingly fun. We played for about an hour (longer than I thought he'd last). I don't think I've actually played any of the Pac-Man variations before, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Was kind of floored when I finally realized that you can jump over the ghosts. :lol:
by OL
Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey ash. :) I don't see you around these parts these days. Hope you're doing well.

Hi Sonikku. :D I'm fine, thanks, how are you?

Mickey Mouse - The Power of Illusion (3DS):

Picked this up after hearing that it was based on the old Castle of Illusion. The start of the game does indeed seem to point to that, but unfortunately it goes downhill quite quickly. There are only three worlds, with worlds one and two having four levels each, and the third world having three levels. Each world is based on a Disney film; and all levels within that world are based on that world. It's not like Castle of Illusion where each level had it's own distinct theme.

The lack of levels is compounded by the lack of difficulty. Although the game does ramp up the difficulty for world three, the fact that you can basically generate treasure chest after treasure chest indefinitely to recover energy takes away from the challenge somewhat.

The game does have a number of side quests that are given to you by the Disney characters that you meet during the game. Unfortunately, all these quests boil down to is revisiting the old levels to try locate another character or an item. It really feels more like padding than anything else.

The gameplay itself is quite fun, although the painting may feel a little tiresome at some points.

Overall, it's an flawed, but enjoyable game, but it's one that I would recommend waiting for until it's discounted, rather than paying full price for.
by Ash
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://thetrendguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/The-Walking-Dead-Video-Game.jpg
Mario 64, Final Fantasy VII, Goldeneye and Halo are just some of the games that left a mark on the industry and will be remembered for what they brought to gaming. In 10 years time it’s very likely that we will be talking about The Walking Dead in a similar fashion. The game is very flawed in certain aspects but what it does well it does better than any game has done before it.

The game opens with your character Lee sat in the back of a police car on his way to prison for murder. From here you’re just given some time to learn the controls and the conversation system. From just this first conversation you’re able to see that what you do and say will effect what happens in the future. It doesn’t take long for the ride along to get interrupted by the zombie apocalypse and you’re thrown into the action.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewalkingdead/gfx/gallery/large/Screenshots/twd2.jpg
Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville and this is getting bitten by a zombie

Gameplay is the weakest part of The Walking Dead and it seems that Telltale realised this after the first episode. They tried to add puzzles like they have done in their past games such as Back to the Future and Sam & Max, Telltale which is made up mainly of old Lucasarts employees have always tried to stay true to their adventure game roots. Sadly when you’re stuck in a room surrounded by zombies looking for a key to a door or batteries for a radio it feels rather tedious rather than rewarding and takes away the tension of split second thinking that a game like this should have.

The good thing is that Telltale saw this fault and soon switched their focus onto the selling part of the series. The Walking Dead which before being a game has been a very big series in both print and TV form has always been about the characters. The zombies are just part of the environment and their only purpose is to help you realise that there is no relaxing. With it being a time where many complaints are thrown at developers for there being to many zombie games it’s refreshing. By the end of The Walking Dead you won’t feel like you have just simply played another zombie game but more a game about life and relationships.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Walking-Dead-Ep-4.jpg
Hardly One Direction but they will do

The game essentially plays out like a 10-12 hour version of the Normandy sections of Mass Effect 2 where you would just interact with your crew which was arguably one of the best parts of the game. In a time where there is no TV to occupy your time and all you have is the company of others who are helping you get by you will want to learn as much as you can about them. Just like people in real life they will leave a first impression which will very much shape how you treat them. Depending on how you respond to questions you’re asked you will shape how the other characters view Lee. It doesn’t take long for you to pick your favourites in the group and start deciding who you will save over the other should the situation arise.

This is where the game excels. You aren’t meant to like everyone but you come to appreciate them as a character in the story. One of the reasons for the excellent story telling is that Telltale handed the script writing duties over to Gary Whitta who wrote the film The Book of Eli. In years to come The Walking Dead will be remembered for being the game that pushed the fact that brilliant script writing is an important factor for some games and shouldn’t just be handed to anyone.

Since a lot of thought went into how the game plays out no one will feel like they have got a ‘bad ending’ but more your own. You will be faced with some very very tough decisions that will shape how your game will play out. These happen as soon as 30 minutes into the game. None of the choices have a wrong or right answer and are just simply down to what you personally feel is best morally or what you feel is the best method to aid your survival.

http://www.bennylingbling.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/WalkingDead101-2012-09-10-18-18-08-73.jpg
No talking to strangers doesn't apply in an apocalypse

One thing will be the biggest decider in most of your decision making and that is a young girl named Clementine. You find Clementine alone in a tree house with no adult in sight and you take in upon yourself to look after her. It’s very easy for a child character in any TV series or game to become nothing more than an annoyance but this is handled brilliantly. The way us humans bond with children is by being a teacher to them which is what you become to Clementine, just like any child in real life Clem needs to be taught how and why to do things. Over time you build a strong relationship with her which does become the biggest decider of your decisions. I found myself choosing to do stuff that wouldn’t benefit my character but what would benefit her the most. By the end of the game you will feel you have had an effect on this character like you would on a child in real life. For these reasons Clementine will always been in the argument when it comes to best NPC in a video game.

The Walking Dead ends up being a game that has some big flaws which are massively overshadowed by the fantastic parts of the game. Even those that aren’t blown away by the game will be able to admit the impact the game will have on storytelling in the future for videogames. This is a game that rightfully deserves to be in conversations for a 2012 game of the year award but I will personally be placing it high on my top games of all time.
by Riku Rose
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

improved quality, relly good blu ray, every penny worth
by Strikeout
Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

It's about time I got me one of these!!
by Absentia
Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last thing you bought

Simply an orgasm for the ear Vyse.
by Spokane
Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kowloon Walled City recreated as Arcade in Japan

http://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ka14.jpg

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/06/12/kawasakis-digital-kowloon-walled-city/

Every city has its bad parts and areas to avoid, but there’s no denying that these less favorable areas give even the poshest urban centers something to talk about. While Kowloon Walled City no longer exists, its fixture in popular imagination will likely persist for decades, if not centuries.

In 1987, the city housed 33,000 people in 6.5 acres and was largely lawless, though informal social structures naturally emerged among the citizens. The city, as you might expect, has been the inspiration and setting for many fictional works, from books to movies to video games. And, now, it’s provided inspiration for a unique business venture in Japan.

That’s right, Kowloon Walled City now exists in Japan as a game center! Which, when you think about it, is either incredibly fitting or incredibly inappropriate. We’re still not sure which.

The game center, which is called “Digital Kowloon City,” is located in Kawasaki City, just south of Tokyo. Built in the spirit of the original Kowloon Walled City, the game center’s exterior and interior both look horribly rusted and uncared for.
by Ziming
Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

phpBB [video]

One of those cases where you understand cartoons more as an adult. Sure don't make em like that anymore [-(
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Small Tidbit Gaming News Thread

Didn't the bug one go up like this weeK? I think Damrey went up before E3 so it might be alittle while yet.
by Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chungking Mansions

I'm adding Tiger Cage 2. It has that 80's Hong Kong vibe from Shenmue 2.

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic